ljosberinn
This is an obnoxious and offensi...

Old 01-18-2008, 10:10 PM

Salut, bongiorno, konnichiwa, hola, hej, hallo, hello!

Based on my thread in the Menewsha nation, I thought I'd make a little multi-language thread here for the event. I suggest starting with posting "Happy birthday Menewsha!" in the languages you know!

Then stay and chat in whatever languages you know adequately to chat in, English as well of course, if you don't know any other language or can't find anyone else to chat to in the one/s you do know. Feel free to chat about everything and anything, as long as it's not against Mene's rules and T.O.S.

I myself know Icelandic, English, German, Italian, French, Swedish/Scandinavian (it's a bit of a mix of Swedish, Danish, Norwegian and Icelandic, but mostly Swedish these days) and I can understand Spanish but I can't really speak it.

My other thread (link above) has some links to online dictionaries if you're looking for some and you're welcome to add to it. :]

(To mods; I hope this is alright, I know the rules say that threads in other languages aren't allowed apart from the Mene nation, but I've never had any problems there with people posting gibberish for gold, whenever people post in a language I don't know at all it's always short and often come along with a translation as well. So.. I hope I get to keep this one, pretty please? ^^ )

Silenia
Goddess of Silly Creepiness, Que...

Old 01-18-2008, 10:24 PM

Hallo. :) Leuk idee. (Hello. Nice idea.)

Happy birthday Menewsha!
Fijne verjaardag Menewsha!
Bon anniversaire Menewsha!
Viel gluck zum Geburtstag, Menewsha!

Princess
*^_^*

Old 01-18-2008, 10:26 PM

cumpleaños felices, gelukkige verjaardag, heureux aniversaire, Happy birthday XD

ljosberinn

Old 01-18-2008, 10:32 PM

• Silenia, so we meet again! xP Bist du holländisch? Und sprichst beide Deutsch et français?

Princess, trois langues? Trés bien! xD

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 01-18-2008, 10:35 PM

*comes in, peeks*
I don't understand a bit. :cry:
*goes out*

Sapphire Rein
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via AIM to Sapphire Rein Send a message via Yahoo to Sapphire Rein

Old 01-18-2008, 10:37 PM

xD Hi ljos. I see this is multilingual and I only know English fluently so I just wanted to pop in and say hi. <3

I know some spanish (meaning I just passed Spanish 1), very little Japanese, and my boyfriend is fluent is both Italian and Romanian.

Okay, again, just saying hi! ^_^ *luffles*

ljosberinn

Old 01-18-2008, 10:38 PM

• Xuvrette, don't leave! If you don't speak any other language than English, you're welcome to chat in English, after all, that is one language we all know. :]

Edit: Hey Sapph! And the above goes for you as well! ^^

Silenia
Goddess of Silly Creepiness, Que...

Old 01-18-2008, 10:40 PM

Ja, ich bin Holländisch und ich spreche Deutsch und Französisch. Et je parle Anglais aussi.

Although my French isn't that great, I speak it a bit.
And yeah, here we meet again.

Suteki
(◎_◎;)
Banned
Send a message via AIM to Suteki Send a message via MSN to Suteki

Old 01-18-2008, 10:41 PM

:3 Bonjour, tout le monde.

Comment ça va~?

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 01-18-2008, 10:42 PM

:D I wanna learn french, italian and german! :<

DelilahHeart
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to DelilahHeart Send a message via Yahoo to DelilahHeart

Old 01-18-2008, 10:43 PM

joyeux anniversaire mene!

The only thing I know and I had to look but the spelling!

ljosberinn

Old 01-18-2008, 10:44 PM

• Silenia, ich möchte gern Holländisch lernen, ich finde es sehr schön. Aber auch.. was war das Sprache.. belgisch! Ich habe ein Sang in belgisch und ich finde es wirklich schön..

Suteki, bonjour! Ça va bien, et toi? :]

Edit: xuvrette, all those languages are wonderful, I recommend them all. French is probably most like English, but it has pretty difficult pronunciation, especially if you don't have a natural feeling for pronunciation. Italian has pretty easy pronunciation (compared to the other two at any rate) and it is also a Latin-based language, so there'll be lots of stuff there you recognize from English.

Delilah, bienvenu! Heh, that's alright. I usually look up spelling if I'm not 100%.. well, 90% sure on it. :Ð

Suteki
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 01-18-2008, 10:49 PM

Eh, je suis comme ci comme ça~ Je suis très heureuse; ma compétition va bien~

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 01-18-2008, 10:52 PM

I like the spelling of a lot of other languages!
@.@ dazzled.

ljosberinn

Old 01-18-2008, 10:59 PM

• Suteki: Bien! Quel genre de compétition?

xuvrette, hehe, so do I. I love languages that use letters I'm not familiar with, it's so fun. :Ð

Suteki
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 01-18-2008, 11:00 PM

Euh... comment dit-on "trivia" en français? xD

Ti
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-18-2008, 11:04 PM

I can't speak anything but english...

But I wanted to say Hi and OMG ljosberinn looks like me!

ljosberinn

Old 01-18-2008, 11:05 PM

• Euhhh... mon dictionnaire dit "baliverne" pour trivia. xP
    Oú est-il?

Edit: Captin, are you Phedre's other account, by any chance? xP Hi, either way! Ooh, we're sexy beasts!

Suteki
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 01-18-2008, 11:08 PM

C'est lz.

Et mon dictionnaire ne dit rien pour "trivia".

Ti
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-18-2008, 11:09 PM

yes I am Phe's other account. *nods* Hei told me about you, but I didn't belive it untill I saw it. It's kinda scary that some one looks so like me... hehe but I have a skirt on, you you just have boxers. So your just smexy, and I'm crossdresser smexy ^_^ not that there is anything wrong with just smexy

Phe/me was a Photo Major in college for a while, but I was not really good... acording to the teachers. I was too artistic and didn't like to follow the rule of thirds and all that *shrugs* but i still like to take pictures. it's alot of fun, but can be expensive.

ljosberinn

Old 01-18-2008, 11:44 PM

• Suteki, merci bien! :]
    Quel dictionnaire utilises-tu?

Morgan, yeah. Although I prefer longer skirts on men than short ones. ;]
    Rules, smules. They're alright to keep behind your ear, but doing whatever you want to is more fun and usually comes out better. I know way too many people who are professional photographers and take shit photos because they think too much about rules. Which is why I don't really want to study photography in school. Still, I also know of many photographers who are professionals and are amazing at what they do, but same goes for photographers who have never gone to school and are just naturals. I think with all art, it comes down to whether you have some sort of a natural spark for it or not.

sorakoii.
\ (◡) /

Old 01-18-2008, 11:51 PM

ompg how cool! * A* i always wanted to see a thread for other languages! > 3<

Suteki
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 01-18-2008, 11:55 PM

De rien :3

Euh... -ne peut pas le trouver- ;c
Je ne sais pas xD

@Sora: It's nice~ I just wish I could spell in more than just French and English ;c

ljosberinn

Old 01-19-2008, 12:32 AM

• Sora, haha, mine has been in the Mene nation for a while. Do you speak any other languages?

Suteki, haha, ce n'est pas grave. :3

Euhh, multitasking and having a hard time with it. I think I should probably go to sleep soon since I'm not feeling my best.
    ..Oh my, it's already half past midnight. I usually go to sleep later, but sick = needs lots of sleep. So, uhm.. chat away while I'm gone, and I'll be back.. tomorrow, or Sunday, or something.

Auf wiedersehen! Ciao! Au revoir! Sayonara! Bless! Hasta la vista! xP

My Cup Of Chai
(^._.^)ノ
Banned
Send a message via AIM to My Cup Of Chai Send a message via MSN to My Cup Of Chai

Old 01-19-2008, 12:33 AM

Tag! ^_^