jupiter
inactive account

Old 01-03-2011, 07:12 AM

I binge surf a lot of avatar-based sites. Solia included; I like most of them.

Imaginative Sarah
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-04-2011, 11:04 PM

Solia....Is so boring. It's like there's a decent amount of people there...but they are all just...yeah.

Artemisia
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-15-2011, 08:51 PM

I like SOlia and all, but their events are kind of confusing I think. You always have to buy stuff or post and post and post and items are still impossible to find.
I also dislike that after posting consistently for an hour or two, you're down to earning 5gold per post. That's prolly why the threads are so slow there. It makes it difficult to earn money after a while :/

really expensive shop items and not many community things. you can really only make gold there if you have money to spend in real life, or you're an artist :/

Vammie

Old 03-21-2011, 05:23 PM

I had joined Solia after it opened up in 2008 in Aug. It was nice and small. Over the year things got way expensive. I'm not here to bash/talk bad.

I'm a lurker. Well all I can say, I give up on Solia. Not the site, I give up on myself going on it. For people want lots of gold or luna. Art fourm isn't very active. TS is horrible. I posted there a few times, but I stopped that. Rude people are everywhere though. But I have talked to nice people on there. I just Malthea doesn't turn out to be money hungry. For solia, the users are money hungry and sell things over priced. Money is easy to make if you take your time yet the prices on some things are so out of proportion. Solia is very beautiful, it is nice if you find the right people. Art threads are nice <3 Rp threads are fun and so are the event fourms. Not the events themselves, they tend to get a little confusing and hard. lol.

But the event fourms is very nice. I can't say much about the mods/admins..... They seem alright to me. Though for some people they're not. I've had fun on Solia while I can.

You can have fun on solia! It's just that it's hard to find it. :/ I am very shy to post, so I just lurk around. Everyone has their own opinions about solia. Idk. It was fun there for me for awhile. But I don't really go on as much and I do stalk Malthea, hoping for more friendly people and activeness and stuff.

There are totally nice people there. I love going to the free art give away. There's the secret easter art giver thingie there I want to join ^_^ Draw the avatar around you is very nice. I'm not a drawer though, but the people are extremely nice! :)

D-CRESCENDO
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to D-CRESCENDO

Old 03-24-2011, 07:08 AM

Everyone trashes my poor, poor TS. ; ~;

Aedmourne
The Dawnhammer

Old 03-30-2011, 09:58 PM

I found Solia to be a little rigid and annoying...no offense. It seemed really difficult to earn gold and get the items I was after...

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aedmourne View Post
I found Solia to be a little rigid and annoying...no offense. It seemed really difficult to earn gold and get the items I was after...
I posted like a crazy SOB...and didn't earn much...it got rather boring after awhile.

D-CRESCENDO
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to D-CRESCENDO

Old 04-01-2011, 05:39 PM

I find it harder to make gold on places like this, personally. I don't make anything unless I'm engaged in a conversation and when you don't have friends on a website it becomes pretty hard to get engaged. XD

Vela
*^_^*

Old 06-28-2011, 07:02 AM

I have a problem with a particular admin calling certain opinions trolling and putting people's business out in public. And them getting upset and "snapping" at users in the forums. The place disgusts me.

strokous
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-07-2011, 04:33 AM

their avatars are pretty..but that's the only good thing i have to say to be honest

Angel Spirit Girl
8>>(^.^)

Old 08-07-2011, 04:31 PM

They are some of the prettiest bases. <3

Widow

Old 04-26-2012, 10:39 AM

I got into Solia to begin with because I liked the avatars. I have joined a lot of avatar communities, and I still think Solia has the best ones. <3

I am surprised to see so many of you don't like Solia's users. I don't see them selling things at unfair prices or being mean or rigid or annoying, all things that were mentioned above. (Though if you are ignorant/uninformed and start posting in the public forum... then you're just asking for it.) I think smaller communities do tend to have nicer users, but slow-moving forums are a problem for me. I can post in like half the threads here and gets no replies all day. Not cool. My attention span is too short for that. Solia's community has a nice balance between friendly and active.

twizted child eve
┌(・。・...

Old 04-28-2012, 06:27 AM

I do love their bases. I've been a member there for almost 4 years now, I think? Wow.
They have changed the post minimum to 12 gold per post now.
It's still evolving as a site, I think. I do believe they have new features that maybe you haven't seen if you don't go there often. I try to keep up with it and I'm there almost everyday. Unlike gaia, which has gotten too far out of control for me to even begin to keep up with.

Usako
Moon Princess

Old 05-27-2012, 07:11 AM

I recently got into farms on Solia, I didn't think I'd like them but it's pretty fun; especially since I don't like to post much.

jupiter
inactive account

Old 08-10-2012, 06:05 PM

After the massive cock-up of banning one of their more prominent members, I'd be surprised if anyone with half a brain would stick around. I think the staff is incompetent and I refuse to donate to a site that has excessive amounts of down-time as they do.

Additionally, I'm just not a fan of the user base.

Rawrsaurus
(^(エ)^)
Send a message via AIM to Rawrsaurus Send a message via MSN to Rawrsaurus

Old 08-14-2012, 07:10 AM

I don't remember any bigger members being banned eh. And they go down maybe for a few hours a month or two, for maintenance - which they announce usually ahead of time.

It's kind of slow, but it's consistent which I appreciate. It's never completely dead enough for me to go into a hiatus, and if anything it has surges of activity which are always nice. Either way it's had me active longer than any other site I've been on, with its items and members, and the exchanges is one of the most fun, with quests and goals actually being obtainable.

Aldetha
True fan that provides cool air ...

Old 01-27-2013, 09:35 AM

I just joined a week ago and I would it doesn't appealing much for me o3o
Its really hard to buy things since golds are hard to earn D:
I only log in now just to see things they go open other sites ._.;

ClockReject
(^・o・^)ノ”

Penpal

Old 03-27-2013, 08:03 PM

I find gold way more easier to earn there than here. I think you were in one of my Solia threads, Aldetha.

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to onsenmark Send a message via Yahoo to onsenmark

Old 04-29-2013, 05:07 PM

I dunno. Gold seems a wee bit harder to earn over there. And shop items ARE rather overpriced, in my opinion.

Usako
Moon Princess

Old 04-30-2013, 02:40 AM

Things can be over priced on Solia but the easiest way I've found to earn gold is to farm. It's not a fast process but after a week the pineapples rack in 10k.

Angel Spirit Girl
8>>(^.^)

Old 04-30-2013, 11:16 AM

They added a spam forum there. <.< >.> Ugh!

Bartuc
Sky Pirate

Old 05-18-2013, 02:07 PM

lol forgot my username/password/email there.

Computosaurus
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-05-2014, 12:02 PM

I think Solia is very pretty but I feel like the site is overly complex for its small userbase. I took a long hiatus and now I don't even want to go back because I can barely remember all the details I would have to keep track of. Changing outfits to maximize item finding, remembering to water plants, hunting for pets... I can only barely remember any of the things I used to be obsessed with.

Pistachio_Moustache
Thief of Your Intellectual Prope...

Penpal

Old 05-09-2014, 08:14 PM

I had joined just to see what the big deal was, and it didn't appeal to me.
Blegh.
Too much stuff to do just to get gold.
xD