Angel Spirit Girl
8>>(^.^)

Old 03-11-2015, 11:24 PM

There is a petition to save poupee girl at thepetitionsite (dot) com called : we-dont-want-poupee-girl-to-close

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-12-2015, 12:38 PM

Aw, I'm sad Poupee's closing, I enjoyed it a lot. I stuck with daily dress up and so on for a long time after everything ground to a halt, then kept forgetting about it from March or so, then from June really forgot about it entirely. I logged in again very recently, but we've all just been waiting for it to get shut down, I'd imagine.

I still don't understand them doing things the way they did. So bizarre to shut down sign-ups, stop donations, but keep the site open. Don't see how that could have benefitted them at all, just costing them money for the site hosting.

Angel Spirit Girl
8>>(^.^)

Old 03-13-2015, 12:16 AM

I guess they were trying to squish the site without directly pulling the plug. *Scratches head.* Why do it that way? Who knows.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-30-2015, 12:06 AM

Angel Spirit Girl: Knerd:

There's a Brasilian fansite for Poupee that's got some thing there doing where they'll import all your Poupee stuff, from what I can gather they're intending to start things up themselves, or something. Kind of hard to find out as the site's in Portuguese!

Here's the link, anyway! Login

You need to register to be able to view the forum, if you do then you need to request an invite for this import thing in this thread. Just ask for an invite and link to your Poupee page. :)

Wishie's signed up =3 She's also shown me this site, which saves your closet and your snapshots as zips if you're interested.

I'm now back to Poupee's market to see what bargains I can nab with my remaining ribbons!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-30-2015, 03:50 PM

My final dress up: wearing a pretty top that I bought with the last of my jewels, with an outfit comprised of favourite items, especially the acorn necklace, because that makes me think of Totoro <3 In my room that I love, with the pond thing that I love, and froggy

Angel Spirit Girl
8>>(^.^)

Old 03-31-2015, 01:20 AM

Gah! My hotmail account is all messed up and I can not get to my inbox. >.<

I hope I can use my new gmail to join and switch my poupee.

jellysundae:

PS : Joined and posted for an invite. What now? How do invites work?

Last edited by Angel Spirit Girl; 03-31-2015 at 01:46 AM..

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-31-2015, 03:29 PM

If you did it in time they'll have sent you an email. Did you get one? It was a real time crunch with this D: I wish I'd known about it sooner.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-31-2015, 09:48 PM

Have you checked Poupee? They have this goodbye banner, which is nice of them. I like how Katherine and Ken are on there, not just random people.

Translated version

This stuff about refunds, I imagine it's unspent jewels.

Angel Spirit Girl
8>>(^.^)

Old 04-01-2015, 01:27 AM

I wish I had known earlier, too. v.v I don't think I did things in time at all. I think they tried to send the import e-mail to my old hotmail that I can not get to the in box of. I only ended up with a sad naked bentewee poupee. I managed to get one single outfit by buying stuff from the shop/market with the welcome ribbons. However, I have lost five years of items I collected on poupee. T.T Now I don't know what to do. It does seem that they will release poupee items and have ribbon earning on bentewee, though. We'll have to keep and eye out.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-01-2015, 03:30 PM

Aw :( But as you say, it seems they are intending to add all items eventually, and a means to earn ribbons. So I'm hopeful =3

Angel Spirit Girl
8>>(^.^)

Old 04-02-2015, 01:36 AM

I'm probably going to be picky and just get the items that I remember using a lot basically, and skip the ones I did not want.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-08-2015, 02:23 AM

I'm mildly horrified by how you can earn 100 ribbons just from logging in and dressing up o.o But I imagine it's because right now there's no other way to earn. I do wonder if they're planning on altering that once there are more ways to earn.

I also see that the jewel refund this is Japan only, oh well, no getting money back for my 2 remaining jewels for me then!