Angel Spirit Girl
8>>(^.^)

Old 02-26-2009, 03:00 AM

Maybe you could try changing the e-mails to hotmail accounts, Jelly.

Morwyn
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-26-2009, 03:05 AM

I had two accounts... but I used my mule for weird purposes XD I got tired of random guys hitting on me, so I created a male mule and called it my husband. I even posted as if he was a separate person.

Now, before you call me a creep or whatever... I actually do have a husband IRL, and I tried to base my mule off of him.

I quit Gaia in November, though, and I only went back the other day to do some reporting of threads in the GD, just for the heck of it (don't worry, the threads deserved to be reported) Yeah, I was bored. So I don't really care if anything happens to my accounts on there because of whatever security email thing they're doing now. If they delete my accounts, good for them, they'll have a tiny bit more room on their server, then.

Rikali
I can haz?

Old 02-26-2009, 04:36 AM

I've got four accounts now- I did have around ten but I hardly go on Gaia so I let six go.
They're mostly for storage for my hoards and then I have my main. Gaia's been really annoying lately so I only go on to visit with friends.
I'm trying to get a million gold so I can splurge it all on art. XD Yeah, I love art. We'll see if that happens though, Gaia's gotten pretty boring for me. :S

Wordstreamer
Nifty Fairy of the North
Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Wordstreamer

Old 02-26-2009, 04:38 AM

I started to switch email accounts a few months ago when they first announced this--but I never finished. I have a TON of mules over there.... *will not say how many* Mainly because I came up with a lot of names that I liked and wanted to save them all rather than switch around with them on my main. :oops: I'm bad. I also used a few separate ones--one for marketplace/exchanging purposes... One for if I wanted to feed trolls look around the GD.... I made one when a former friend (falsely) accused me of hacking him and I was worried that I might lose my main.... A few just to go with my boyfriend's mules... *snickergiggle* But, yeah. Way too many mules, and I may well lose a few. (I could stand to.)

XD I never do daily chance or aquarium stuff with them, though--unless I happen to think about it and have some spare time. I'd probably be much richer if I did.

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 02-26-2009, 08:21 AM

I have a fair few mules created for various reasons, but my most recent one was made back in 2007 (my oldest mules being from 2003 like my main). Here's my Ferra account:

She's nothing special right now, but it's still better than my usual outfits. I tend to wear a lot of ugly clutter on Gaia and then wander around Towns, mostly since my old hangouts are all pretty much dead. Oh, but I do have a cosplay mule to match one of my OCs (at least as best I could without forking over the doe for the expensive evolving items).

Kithley:

Last edited by Ferra; 02-26-2009 at 08:24 AM..

Alyx Aphelia
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-26-2009, 02:28 PM

It is unfortunate that they had to implement these new security measures because of people who still want to give out their passwords to scammers despite all of the warnings. I fixed all of my mulies e-mails except one, that I cannot access the e-mail for.
I received a scam PM the other day; it had to be a botting program because who is stupid enough to send a fake admin PM to a Site Moderator? :shock:

Anyhow, this is my Main, Alyx Aphelia:

And my favorite Mulie, Kimchi Mai Tai:

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-26-2009, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Spirit Girl View Post
Maybe you could try changing the e-mails to hotmail accounts, Jelly.
I don't really see the point in doing that as I wouldn't use the extra mails, and because of that they'd go inactive too and I'd have the same problem ._. I also don't want a whole heap of hotmail addresses either, to be honest :sweat:

Alyx Aphelia
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-26-2009, 02:38 PM

It would be awesome if there was a way to have just one e-mail for all of our accounts, but I don't think that is possible. I really don't know how all of that technical stuff works. I never use my e-mail for anything; I just make sure I log in on it from time to time to keep it active. I guess I should do that with my other accounts again, as well. What a pain in the butt.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-26-2009, 02:54 PM

It is possible because other sites do it, but most don't.

I'm relenting now and don't want to lose any of my accounts :sweat: I need a new notebook for noting down emails/passwords and all that. Suppose I should log into AOL and see how many of my emails I can actually access. I hate this messing about >: (

Jenova4
*^_^*

Old 02-26-2009, 03:39 PM

They CB'ed NK's thread again, however, they have made a few changes the last few days. No more null fragments! YAY!

Jeannesha
Lost in a cloud

Penpal

Old 02-26-2009, 06:12 PM

The scam PM that was mentioned.... I got one also, but didn't open it.
It said something about "Important! Open right away!"
But was from some ID that I didn't recognize.

Do the admin ID's say that they're admins? How would I know if it came from an admin?

I guess I was afraid that is I opened the mail, something could happen. I don't know how all these hackers work, but I rarely open emails from people I don't know.

Bartuc
Sky Pirate

Old 02-26-2009, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeannesha View Post
The scam PM that was mentioned.... I got one also, but didn't open it.
It said something about "Important! Open right away!"
But was from some ID that I didn't recognize.

Do the admin ID's say that they're admins? How would I know if it came from an admin?

I guess I was afraid that is I opened the mail, something could happen. I don't know how all these hackers work, but I rarely open emails from people I don't know.
All staff have colored names. Admin is Orange. It will come up as orange in your inbox. Or at least should. I know when I get messages from friends their names come up the color of their staff positions.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-26-2009, 06:32 PM

Gaia PMs show the colour of the username who sent it in your inbox, so you'd know if an orange name appeared that an Admin had PMed you. Not that they ever would on a place the size of Gaia.

We want that coloured feature here, so noobs don't respond to warnings with rudeness because they don't actually believe that they've been contacted by staff :roll:

fiarra
seeking proof on the roof
Send a message via AIM to fiarra Send a message via MSN to fiarra

Old 02-26-2009, 09:25 PM

So... Famestar items.

Included in the super-special-awesome items you can get... silver/white recolor of Hermes Moon. (Not all the poses, but a fair number). Thoughts?

..I kinda want it. ><;;

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch
Send a message via AIM to Sizzla

Old 02-26-2009, 09:26 PM

I wantwantwant white hermes moon! T_T That halo is pretty cool too. Let's see what I've got to sell to get them next week when the prices go down. XP

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 02-26-2009, 09:32 PM

I want them sure, but I could never afford them and I'm still firm in my decision that I'm not going to shell out real cash just for the chance at getting an item. I'm not big on gambling. :sweat:

Wordstreamer
Nifty Fairy of the North
Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Wordstreamer

Old 02-26-2009, 10:28 PM

...... XD

I always find out about Gaia updates on here. I see people talking about something really great and think, "What's that?" and go check.

And those halos DO look cool. But even more than that, I like the demon kitties. :heart:

Last edited by Wordstreamer; 02-26-2009 at 10:31 PM..

[Hero]
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-26-2009, 10:46 PM

I might save up for some of those Herme recolors. They look pretty cool, but I don't wanna spend cash on them.

Stallion Duck
an angel who did not so much fal...
Send a message via MSN to Stallion Duck

Old 02-26-2009, 11:31 PM

I use to have a bunch of accounts on Gaia but I got in trouble with many of them (for things that weren't even my fault, might I add)

So, now I'm only down to one.

The Stallion Duck x

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-26-2009, 11:33 PM

Stupid me! I clicked on the link to "collect my ticket" Imagine my suprise when I ended up in the cash shop >_>

I tried to go play in my mean mule's house again today, but I can't. After trawling the site I find out that some of the items, mainly demonic and angelic are broken, and one of the people that was laid off was the housing dev, so they're not geting fixed any time soon : / But my house has been broken for months!

I really wanted to work on that too, it's her lab. She has bloodstained walls and shelves full of giant eyeballs and severed heads. Lots of knives and a stove for cooking stuff up. Plus a glowing idol in the corner that she gives offerings to, and a nosy man-eating plant, that stalks the gwee and dark spirit that are plotting in the corner behind the barrels of corrosive gunk. But work seems to be permanently halted now ._.

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...
Send a message via AIM to poet`s playground Send a message via Yahoo to poet`s playground

Old 02-26-2009, 11:37 PM

I have so many accounts on Gaia, I think it's more than all of the accounts I have on other sites combined (and I'm on a lot of sites). I haven't ever gotten in trouble on any of them, I generally just pop around and post in a few places and play the games and such. It suits my purposes in that way just fine. I don't really mess around with the marketplace nor exchange much.

Rabid Rainbow
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 02-27-2009, 02:13 AM

I have a plethora of accounts on Gaia, but I only use 2-3 of them.

What used to be my main, copy_cat_ninja:

I have been waiting for roaring twenties hair/clothes (*hint hint Mene!*) forever so I shat bricks when I saw the wigs. It has now become a permanent fixture on my avvi.

Then I have UPC Betsy which is a member of the UPC organization. It has inadvertantly become my main.

Then I have bard of ages and The Turtle Duck for storage. I have a few others floating around, I know, but I can't remember the email/username/passwords.

So...yeah.

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch
Send a message via AIM to Sizzla

Old 02-27-2009, 02:25 AM

Those flapper wigs are my -favorite- newer item on Gaia. ^_^ I LOVE them. I bought all the colors. XP

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 02-27-2009, 02:29 AM

I love those as well. ^^ I'm still not willing to change my avatar's permanent hair so the wigs really come in handy. They were rather affordable too.

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...
Send a message via AIM to poet`s playground Send a message via Yahoo to poet`s playground

Old 02-27-2009, 02:33 AM

It was nice how they look like an actual hairstyle but are a wig, haha, but they aren't really something I would be likely to make much use of. I have a short style that looks almost exactly like my hair did when I first dyed it green XD. Except for a period when my main had blue hair, mostly it has had green hair. The name, though, is greensouthpaw XD. But I have a ton of other accounts... which all have better names, but that one's the one that's the most... general, and the account is the oldest so I keep it as my main, but frequently go around between other accounts and play around with their avatars or go into the forums a bit.