Jennifer
High fives are pretty great!

Old 02-26-2009, 07:09 PM

I think with that new layout, I'll feel more inclined to post there more often. Because right now, the warm layout just sort of makes you feel sulky and cheerless. Where as, a nice colorful or cool background makes it a lot more enjoyable. Looking at the new site layout preview, I know I'll definitely like it better.

edit: I take some of that back. I'm on Ava right now. And I'm actually looking over the layout as it is. I don't think it's bad at all. I think maybe I was just too lazy to post around another site other than here.

...although, Zantarni has a warm layout as well and I've found it difficult to post around on there. But on sites such as here, Gaia and Solia, I find myself posting more often. Which says something. Because I don't even like Solia or Gaia, and yet I very much so like Zantarni and Avaricia. .___. I dunno. I'm complicated I suppose.

As for the new bases. I sort of like the current ones to be honest. Like jelly, I like how they're lady like. The new ones look pretty masculine. I like that hand on the hip option though. :)

Last edited by Jennifer; 02-26-2009 at 08:08 PM..

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-26-2009, 08:31 PM

I like the warm tones of the layout, I find it inviting xD So much nicer than our snow-white glariness. Can't wait til we eventually have something less generic.

Yeah the butch, legs-apart stance of the new female base is what I find off-putting, but I moaned about that in the feedback thread about the bases at the time xD

Jennifer

Old 02-26-2009, 08:37 PM

I found it very inviting at first. A lot different from a lot of other forums. Maybe it's not so much the layout. I guess I'm not sure what it is. Because a lot of my friends are over there and everyone is really nice. I literally have my friends urging me to become active on Ava again, even my momma Lokis. ;O; I suppose I just need a push.

NITPICKER. GET OFF THE INTERWEBZ >;[ ...NAO. I MEAN BUSINESS.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-26-2009, 08:39 PM

:P Nit-picking is what I do best! ask Bisque and Tre :lol:

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...
Send a message via AIM to poet`s playground Send a message via Yahoo to poet`s playground

Old 02-26-2009, 08:46 PM

I love the non-frilly pose of the female bases, and how they're much fuller figured than the average avatars, while still being appealing (IMO). That's one of my favorite things about the site. It's also got what I suppose you could call a close-knit community, although there are many points where I just don't feel I belong... I like the redoing of the bases and whatnot, and how there is a fair selection of unisex, but I don't like that some items are labeled unisex that are completely different between the male and female versions (such as a bikini and swim trunks being packaged as the same item, or a skirt and pants). It's very tricky.

Jennifer

Old 02-26-2009, 08:54 PM

How sad would Bobbi be to find that we all really rather enjoy the current female base. Especially after so much work has been put into the new ones; and changing a lot of other things as well.

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...
Send a message via AIM to poet`s playground Send a message via Yahoo to poet`s playground

Old 02-26-2009, 08:54 PM

I rather enjoy the new one as well; I do prefer it to the current one, but the features I mentioned are present in both.

Jennifer

Old 02-26-2009, 09:03 PM

Nah, I completely understand. :)

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-26-2009, 09:07 PM

Good, haha.

But I agree about the layouts, because I find myself being the same way. The brown tones sort of don't really make me want to post. Cooler tones like blue or white tend to make me want to post the most. I dunno; I guess it reminds me of a blank piece of paper that I want to write on.

Jennifer

Old 02-26-2009, 09:11 PM

The warm tones are welcoming at first. Because it's different from what I'm used to. But after awhile, it just seems ...smothering? Maybe that's not the right word for it. But I'm glad someone else can somewhat relate to it as well. Cooler, brighter tones are just more appealing in the long run.

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-26-2009, 09:13 PM

I understand what you're saying, at least. Cooler tones seem more off-putting from the start, but are easier to sort of accustom yourself to, because they're more common. I'm not quite sure what it is, but it's definitely something.

Jennifer

Old 02-26-2009, 09:19 PM

:yes: Exactly! Could you please follow me around perhaps? You seem to be better at wording things better than I do. :XD I used to have Gabriel for that. As he was the other half of my brain. But he doesn't frequent here anyone. ;O; I can't be running around throwing out opinions that make no sense, haha.

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-26-2009, 09:20 PM

Haha, I don't know about that; I only occasionally seem to be able to say things exactly as I mean them XD.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-26-2009, 09:25 PM

What I want to know, is when that last lantern box is going to open! :lol:

Jennifer

Old 02-26-2009, 09:26 PM

But I'm stupid! S-T-U-PD. XD *giggles* I never seem to be able to get out exactly what I want to say. I can never find the right words. At least I try I suppose, haha.

Hey, does everyone like the Gachapon system? I've received about two things from it.

edit: I haven't been keeping up with the items to even know what that lantern boxes are. :XD

Last edited by Jennifer; 02-26-2009 at 09:36 PM..

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-26-2009, 09:41 PM

Yeah; I don't know really about the lantern boxes, either.

I haven't been active enough on the site, I think, to get anything from the gachapon system so far, although I think it's a cool concept.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-26-2009, 11:36 PM

The lantern were given out during the festival of lights last year, but the last one never opened, no matter how much I shake it xD

I got a Gachapon token yesterday, but I didn't know what it was so I didn't do anything about it. I read up on them today and now know that I should have gone and redeemed it at the time, oh well ><

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-26-2009, 11:38 PM

Aw haha... oh well, though. Hopefully you'll get one soon enough :).

Haha, wow. I was at that festival; I didn'te ven notice.

Leela
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via Yahoo to Leela

Old 02-26-2009, 11:49 PM

I like the token system alot. I have gotten some rare and some expensive items from it. ^^

Yes..open mystery lantern box! *pokepoke*
Maybe during the 1st birthday event?

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-26-2009, 11:50 PM

Well, I remember the festival and the lanterns, I just don't particularly pay attention to my inventory XD.

Jennifer

Old 02-27-2009, 12:35 AM

Oh the things I miss out on. :gonk:

Tre Le Coco

Old 02-27-2009, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellysundae View Post
:P Nit-picking is what I do best! ask Bisque and Tre :lol:
your a pain in my ass :P lol

The bases do look improved, but still not impressing me ^^;

Jennifer

Old 02-27-2009, 01:17 AM

Well I started posting around Ava more. I hope it's not another one of my episodes where I just say that I'm going back, but then sneak right out. When I do that, people come at me with daggers and chainsaws. :( Family isn't supposed to do that. Haha.

Zaoki
*^_^*

Old 02-27-2009, 02:31 AM

I won't come at you with a chainsaw

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-27-2009, 02:43 AM

I don't have any problem losing the ladylike qualities of a female avatar on any site XD. Lady like is nothing like the kind of representation I want to have of myself.