Jennifer
High fives are pretty great!

Old 02-27-2009, 05:29 AM

Well what other way is there? The only way I could find myself making enough gold was to post and exchange.

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...
Send a message via AIM to poet`s playground Send a message via Yahoo to poet`s playground

Old 02-27-2009, 05:36 AM

Well, posting is the only way, but just saying that it would take a long time. You were saying how it's easy to make gold posting there XD. Of course it's to be expected, and not that I even pay attention to market there, but it seems there is a ridiculously high proportion of items that are expensive or extremely rare when compared to other sites.

Jennifer

Old 02-27-2009, 05:46 AM

I did say that. But I said that as gold decreases, it becomes more difficult. But I guess when you're someone like me with way to much time on your hands, I can't argue to much. :XD

I could go into that exchange thing again. But I'm rather tired. Just know, I agree, lol.

Leela
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via Yahoo to Leela

Old 02-27-2009, 12:30 PM

The Toy Capsules come out monthly and cost 1 dollar more than the regular monthly collectibles. You open them for a chance at either getting a regular collectible or the super rare item of that month. Some get lucky, some have opened anywhere from 20-30+ of them to not get one rare item.
The item sells in the exchanged for anywhere from 25-40k depending on the item and the poses they add during the month and if you can find a seller.
It is very much a gamble.

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...
Send a message via AIM to poet`s playground Send a message via Yahoo to poet`s playground

Old 02-27-2009, 02:21 PM

Yeah, but because it's so much of a gamble, there aren't likely to be as many people who bought them, and of those sometimes they only get the regular collectibles and of the people who get it not all might be willing to sell it, so it's like... @_@.

Pearl
Toruk Makto

Old 02-27-2009, 03:11 PM

I'm against the capsules and I'm irritated by how the admin keep us in the dark a lot.
But, warnings expire there.
I said "fuck off" here a year and four months ago and the warning will never go away, despite the fact that I'm clearly not a troll and generally quite nice. >.>
I know I'm only 25% of my way to a ban, but it's depressing.

Oh, and on Solia the rate of inflation is insane... and I have no idea why they released those keepsakes. They're just encouraging elitism.

However, despite that stuff, I love the avatars (the CG look is cool IMO) and I have a couple of haunts with nice people.

Last edited by Pearl; 02-27-2009 at 03:15 PM..

Jennifer

Old 02-27-2009, 04:15 PM

I was reviewing those capsules. I don't think I'd want to take that gamble either.

Leela
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-27-2009, 08:09 PM

Ah yes! Lack of communication really gets me.
Elitism is also encouraged and really bugs me. All of the events have been difficult and the admins have said that they want the items to be rare.

Edit: also, I dunno if it's just me..but there seems to be alot of bannings going on.

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-27-2009, 08:13 PM

Yeah, they want them to be rare so that they can be like on Gaia, where there are rare items, but the difference is that when Gaia started out it was in earnest a very different site than it is now, and I really don't see Solia as having the potential for the kind of community that still lingers even on Gaia, even though a lot of people write it off as just being trolls and the like, there are still people that appreciate the communities they can find there, but I don't think Solia has quite the same potential because from the get-go it was created kind of superficially.

And the communication thing is ridiculous, and the main reason I can't stand the site. I also think if they communicated better, it might keep the community in tact better, but they don't seem to want that.

Leela
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-27-2009, 08:17 PM

I agree. Gaia was a small community at first and the items are rare because of that.
I also feel that Gaia actually needs the money they ask for to stay afloat, where Solia seems to be money hungry, the site is still newish and the staff is small.

Locked threads also bug me. They seem to get locked when the matter is not going the way they want it to or opposes them.

-watches my back incase I get banned- XD

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-27-2009, 08:20 PM

Exactly, haha. They shouldn't be rare because they're so hard for the people present to get them. That's like elitism, or like saying "only people who don't spend any time on other sites should be able to get the items here", basically. That doesn't make it worthwhile. It makes people not want to participate because they know that it will just be too difficult to get anything out of it.

Leela
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-27-2009, 08:26 PM

Yes, also the gold is basically wothless in the exchange. Everyone wants yearlies and other items.

Coco Berry
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-27-2009, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellysundae View Post
The avies on there are quite attractive, nice hair, though the posture bothers me greatly. I really dislike the system for the facial features though, you just about go blind picking them because they're so damn small, and only being able to equip bra OR panties is beyond odd.

They sorted that out now, so you can wear both.

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-27-2009, 08:29 PM

Yeah, and of course you can only get those things if you either contribute to the site or get the items in the exchange... with gold?

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-27-2009, 08:58 PM

Solia's admin need their heads examining if they're encouraging the creation of super-rare items. What does that achieve other than massive inflation, and massive frustration amongst the users who can never afford them : /

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-27-2009, 09:01 PM

Yeah, exactly. They probably want to make the site look professional and "cool" by doing that, although I don't know exactly what that achieves.

Leela
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-27-2009, 09:14 PM

More rares = more donations?

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-27-2009, 09:25 PM

Yeah, probably. But I don't understand what the benefit is of having a site that no one likes x_x.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-27-2009, 09:26 PM

That's probably what they're hoping, but if it is it's really foolish of them. The average user doesn't appreciate being made to feel that the only way they can possibly progress on a site is having to spend money.

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-27-2009, 09:27 PM

Yeah, especially when it's a site that's supposed to be forum based. It's not even an MMORPG.

SuteishiiMurder
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-27-2009, 09:30 PM

Mmmm...Solia <3
My home town

Pearl
Toruk Makto

Old 02-27-2009, 09:55 PM

I'm trying my best to ignore Solia's seriously flawed admin, because of the lovely avatars and a couple of nice threads I frequent filled with some decent people.

Hi Shii.

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-27-2009, 10:08 PM

Yeah; I try to do that in general as well, but in this case it is a big part of the site @_@. I just stay in the few places I'm at, and sure, if the site is improved upon in terms of features, I'll like that, same for items, but it's just the general atmosphere I dont' necessarily appreciate, and always feeling like I have no idea what's going on.

Pearl
Toruk Makto

Old 02-27-2009, 10:37 PM

I don't think anybody does. xD

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-27-2009, 10:39 PM

That's exactly the point, though. It doesn't do anybody any good to have a "good" event if no one knows what they're doing.