Head Librarian
Reading is fundamental
NPC

Old 02-24-2009, 11:09 PM

All Kinsaki chat to go in this thread.

Kinsaki is a small avatar site with the ability to dress up and customize your avatar (including hair with stripes/highlights), a few games, and the ability to combine items using the "Forge" into a new item.

Jennifer
High fives are pretty great!

Old 02-27-2009, 01:27 AM

Wouldn't ya know, I forgot about Kinsaki til I noticed this topic. I just signed into my account over there just now. And I brought this up to a friend months ago -- but the avatars there... I remember them being on another site. I just cannot recall the name. Does anyone remember it?

[Hero]
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-27-2009, 01:30 AM

Come to think of it, the avatars do look a little familiar.

Also, wasn't Kinsaki created by the same guy who made Menewsha and Zantarni? O:

Jennifer

Old 02-27-2009, 01:32 AM

Yes sir, it was.

I was a member of the site that those avatars first belonged to. My username on it was Turtle. But I cannot for the life of me remember the site. And now, it's going to bother me til I know. :XD

edit: SPIRITS OF ARCA!
I'm so glad I figured that out on my own. But anyway, I remember joining that site through some referral link. It looked really iffy. Not to downgrade anyone, but it looked like an avatar site that someone wanted to start just to say that they started an avatar site. It had some nice features, but looked rather terrible. And since that avatars are now owned by Kinsaki -- I'm going to be blunt and just say, ...I'm not much of a fan of them. Reminds me so much of Roli. d:

Last edited by Jennifer; 02-27-2009 at 01:41 AM..

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-27-2009, 02:34 AM

I did know why they had the Soarca avies. Josh mentioned it somewhere, don't really care though to be honest. Kinsucky >_>

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...
Send a message via AIM to poet`s playground Send a message via Yahoo to poet`s playground

Old 02-27-2009, 02:36 AM

Wow, yeah; I thought that they looked like the old Spirits of Arca avatars, but I didn't realize they were the same ones. I like Kinsaki in certain ways, but in others it frustrates me.

Jennifer

Old 02-27-2009, 02:46 AM

I heard they shelled out a ridiculous amount of cash for them. My sources could be wrong however.

Well it's apparent that jelly doesn't much like Kinsaki. :XD

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...
Send a message via AIM to poet`s playground Send a message via Yahoo to poet`s playground

Old 02-27-2009, 02:50 AM

Aw Jelly, but that's not nice :(.

Jennifer

Old 02-27-2009, 02:53 AM

I'm sure she has her reasons. Especially considering that Josh created that site shortly after getting rid of Menewsha. ...and A LOT of shit hit the fan from what I know.

Esmereina
Self proclaimed ingenius ^^

Old 02-27-2009, 02:58 AM

I am not sure about all this myself.... i thought Kinsaki was great at first site..but now i don't even want to go on it... i dont know what though...^^;

Jennifer

Old 02-27-2009, 03:00 AM

I'm on there right now. And to be honest, people are being really rather nice. The site may suck in itself, but I suppose if you meet the right people on there -- it'd be a good enough reason for some people to stay.

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-27-2009, 03:04 AM

I'm on there right now as well. As long as the people there are OK, I figure, like Jennifer, I figure it's fairly worthwhile.

Vickicat
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Vickicat Send a message via MSN to Vickicat Send a message via Yahoo to Vickicat

Old 02-27-2009, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
Yes sir, it was.

I was a member of the site that those avatars first belonged to. My username on it was Turtle. But I cannot for the life of me remember the site. And now, it's going to bother me til I know. :XD

edit: SPIRITS OF ARCA!
I'm so glad I figured that out on my own. But anyway, I remember joining that site through some referral link. It looked really iffy. Not to downgrade anyone, but it looked like an avatar site that someone wanted to start just to say that they started an avatar site. It had some nice features, but looked rather terrible. And since that avatars are now owned by Kinsaki -- I'm going to be blunt and just say, ...I'm not much of a fan of them. Reminds me so much of Roli. d:
When I first signed up I noticed the avatars were the same as the ones from Spirits of Arca, and I thought the site was a remake of SOA. Sadly I found out it wasn't, it just happened to be the same artist, and she kind of bitched me out for making a topic asking about the avatars. @_@ So yeah, I had quite an unfriendly welcome over there. Not my favorite site. Though it is okay I guess. Also I call it Kinsucky as well but I do that with all sites whether I like the site or not, it's a thing my boyfriend started because he hates avatar sites other than Gaia and I thought it was funny to change the names to names making fun of them, even if I do like the site. Zantarni is Zantarded and Roliana is Rolianus. But I really like Zantarni and Roliana quite a bit so it's just a silly joke.

Jennifer

Old 02-27-2009, 03:34 AM

I actually remember someone making a topic that questioned the avatars. I knew the moment that I signed up where the avatars came from. A lot of people wouldn't have noticed, since SoA wasn't very well known at all. I don't think the topic lasted too long. I believe it was locked and even trashed. .___.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-27-2009, 03:45 AM

They seem to have a habit of locking and trashing anything they don't want to hear or respond to. u_u;

Jennifer

Old 02-27-2009, 03:51 AM

How funny is it thought when people catch onto it. And then continue to make more threads until their banned. :XD Even something so simple as questioning the bases. Not even a simple and civil reply could be made. Instead it was like they are trying to keep something hidden, so best to be an ass about it. Which only makes things more apparent.

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-27-2009, 04:37 AM

Yeah, but if I were going to quit avatar sites where either some part of the mod behavior or some part of the site itself didn't please me, I wouldn't be on any sites at all.

Jennifer

Old 02-27-2009, 04:43 AM

Well of course every site can be like that. But when it's like what I described above...that's rather going too far. Don't you think?

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-27-2009, 04:52 AM

Ehhhh... there are some dramas like that on pretty much every site. There are things that the mods do, things that the admins do, that I really don't like, things about features on the site, things about items, things about the avatars themselves...

Jennifer

Old 02-27-2009, 04:58 AM

Being being so arrogant enough to lock and trash a thread to avoid confrontation. It's just a bit silly I think. But you are right about that sort of behavior being apparent just about wherever you go.

Jaejoong ah
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-27-2009, 05:08 AM

All avatar sites have their ups and down, Solia is the only place I truly hated, moving on. I like Kinsaki's items, but I'm not very dedicated to forums or a lot of people there but there are some nice people.

As for their avatars they're kind of ugly, Menewsha is definitely has my favorite avatars, and in my head if you buy avatars from someone elses site make sure they're pretty DX

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-27-2009, 05:12 AM

Haha I love Kinsaki's avatars, though XD Menewsha's are probably one of my least favorite because the proportions and everything look all weird... but moving on, I tend to mainly be active in the forums on Kinsaki, even though it's only a few places, even though it's a challenge I sort of liek the point system there cause it makes me type a lot XD.

Jennifer

Old 02-27-2009, 05:13 AM

Well despite disliking Kinsaki, I actually found a lot of neat friends over there. And once I realized that they are members over here too, I found it easy to give up Kinsaki rather quickly. Some sites, the items and avatars just don't interest me. However, as I've stated before, if I find some decent people -- they'd be my only reason for staying there.

...yeah, not kind of ugly. I think they're just plain terrible. :XD

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-27-2009, 05:14 AM

Haha, the avatars there are pretty cool IMO, and I like a lot of the items, particularly the ones that are unisex, since there are plenty of those, and I like the general style of the place being modern unlike most of the other sites.

Jennifer

Old 02-27-2009, 05:17 AM

I adore some of the hairstyles and the items. But the bases on their own are just not to my standards.