Head Librarian
Reading is fundamental
NPC

Old 02-24-2009, 11:10 PM

Want to talk about a site that doesn't have a thread of its own? Then this is the place to do it. :)

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...
Send a message via AIM to poet`s playground Send a message via Yahoo to poet`s playground

Old 02-26-2009, 01:32 PM

One of my favorite sites is Unifaction :D. http://www.unifaction.com I've been on that site (or a version of it) for almost two years I think, and the community is extremely laid back, with an admin who is very involved with the users. If you don't like spam or random posts, then it's probably not for you, but it is very chill, and due to its attached adoptable pet site, growing very fast. It's also got a simple combat system and will soon have a much more involved version :).

[Hero]
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-27-2009, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poet`s playground View Post
One of my favorite sites is Unifaction :D. http://www.unifaction.com I've been on that site (or a version of it) for almost two years I think, and the community is extremely laid back, with an admin who is very involved with the users. If you don't like spam or random posts, then it's probably not for you, but it is very chill, and due to its attached adoptable pet site, growing very fast. It's also got a simple combat system and will soon have a much more involved version :).
Sounds like my kind of place! I love randomness. Definitely gonna check it out!

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...
Send a message via AIM to poet`s playground Send a message via Yahoo to poet`s playground

Old 02-27-2009, 02:44 AM

Cool :D.
I'm Lefty, Rightyish, and Rudies_Failure there.

Jennifer
High fives are pretty great!

Old 02-27-2009, 03:40 AM

Well those avatars look a lot different from other sites. Especially the female bases. They look kind of cute. :)

Leela
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via Yahoo to Leela

Old 02-27-2009, 03:57 AM

Oh, there is also Raine Dragon's lovely site. Celainia ^^

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-27-2009, 04:34 AM

Haha, the thing that I'm not in love with there is the female bases, cause it's hard to get items to fit them and they look like they're walking down a fashion runway rather than doing any kind of battle, lol, but I am OK because the people there are willing to work with user suggestions etc.

Guivre
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Guivre Send a message via Yahoo to Guivre

Old 02-27-2009, 03:15 PM

Thank you for sharing that Poet's Playground, I like the feel and atmosphere of that site -- and extremely interesting that one of the artist there is the artist behind unicreatures.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-27-2009, 03:23 PM

I was pretty impressed with Celainia when I took a look, one of the few smaller sites that doesn't have terrible avatars that look like they were drawn by a 6 year old, though the eyes are a bit disconcerting with their crack-head stare.

I trawl though the new ones that pop up regularly and generally come away appalled by how very bad most of the bases/items look, and amused by the sites that have just ripped Gaia's bases and made them look like freaks. Makes me kinda cross too, because the same people who are pulling our items to pieces with harsh criticism, are on these other really amateur sites cooing about how cute and awesome everything is when the pixel work is dreadful : /

Morwyn
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-27-2009, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poet`s playground View Post
Cool :D.
I'm Lefty, Rightyish, and Rudies_Failure there.
You're lefty on Uni? Sweet!

I'm Childe 86

and I'm loving the site so far. I found it about a week or so ago, and the battle system really cheers me up XD It might be very repetitive, but I love reaching a new level and moving on to see the new silly monsters XD I just reached a level with one called "squiggle buns" and when I first saw the "epic flower" it made me giggle too XD

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-27-2009, 05:38 PM

My daughter was on Unifaction last night, beating up a wall apparently. I have no idea why, lol.

I'll have to check it out at some point but usually I leave her to her sites and let her have some space, unless I see something flash on the screen that she shouldn't be looking at and then I'm hovering over her shoulder, lol.

Morwyn
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-27-2009, 05:41 PM

Juru: There is a combat system that you can play to also earn their currency which is called Auro, and it has all kinds of funny monsters in it. Some of them are walls XD like the content wall and the angry wall... the level I'm at has a very angry wall XD That'd be why she was beating up a wall. But there are other funny monsters too, makes me giggle.

Pearl
Toruk Makto

Old 02-27-2009, 06:01 PM

jadareaonline.com is a very new site. The avatars are fine and the clothes are nicely pixelled.

Leela
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-27-2009, 08:22 PM

Unifaction seems like a nice community and the staff is very involved.

Celainia's community and staff are wonderful. I agree about the eyes. lol

For me, looks only go so far. I am attracted to pretty avis and items, but the community and staff is a big one for me.

Jadarea is cute and the admin is very young, good for her.

There is also PiiTown, Zaff Cast, Crysandria, Caecus, Paper Town, Rhellos, Chiniba - has a new owner (yay). There is more that's off the top of my head.

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-27-2009, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morwyn View Post
You're lefty on Uni? Sweet!

I'm Childe 86

and I'm loving the site so far. I found it about a week or so ago, and the battle system really cheers me up XD It might be very repetitive, but I love reaching a new level and moving on to see the new silly monsters XD I just reached a level with one called "squiggle buns" and when I first saw the "epic flower" it made me giggle too XD
Yeah that's me, haha. But I don't know if I recognize you so... you recognize me? XD.

I love the monsters. Right now I'm fighting gas xD XD. I'm on level... 32 I think.

Only thing, like I said, the avatars, and there aren't many unisex items but given the atmosphere and the attitude of the staff I'm OK with having a clothesless (not naked, lol... not without a glitch, unfortunately) avatar.

I also like Celainia and the community and staff although for some reason I'm not that active there, haha.

Chiniba has a new owner? I wish I could get on there Dx.

Leela
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-27-2009, 08:28 PM

Yes it does. SO I went back during the Vday event.

Aww why can't you get on?

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-27-2009, 08:28 PM

Because it just doesn't load for me anymore. I really don't know why.

Leela
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-27-2009, 08:31 PM

Oh weird. Maybe I could ask around over there. Do you have the new address?
http://www.chiniba.net/

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-27-2009, 08:36 PM

Yeah; it stopped working shortly after it changed over.

Leela
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-27-2009, 08:38 PM

Strange. What's the error message? I'll see if I can find anything out.

Morwyn
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-27-2009, 09:13 PM

Poet: doesn't surprise me too much that you haven't seen me around there much. I do a lot of lurking, so I've seen your posts from reading through all kinds of threads, but haven't made a lot of posts of my own yet. I am trying to get more involved in posting, though.

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-27-2009, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leela View Post
Strange. What's the error message? I'll see if I can find anything out.
It just times out and won't load.

@Morwyn: That's cool :). I replied to your PM, by the way :D.

Risque
bing chilling

Old 02-28-2009, 07:07 PM

I'm still waiting for Malthea.com to go online, just looking at the pretty front page they have up now makes me excited. Plus I've read over the blog posts of one of the admins there, and all the work they're putting into the site is making me even more curious.

I wish I had some money to donate over to their way though. o:

Jennifer
High fives are pretty great!

Old 02-28-2009, 07:39 PM

Hey, that Malthea site looks like it's going to be pretty neat. I'm half tempted to donate. D:

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-28-2009, 07:42 PM

Yeah, I'm tempted as well, but I would want to see first if the site meets my needs (re: unisex). And that's nowhere near being able to be seen right now xP.