Crush

Old 02-08-2010, 10:56 PM

You guys are being kinda mean :( I know the guys working on the site and there's a lot of features that are gonna be on there that seem really awesome.

They're not the most gorgeous base, but they're no more disformed than these bases o.O

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-09-2010, 01:11 AM

Our bases aren't deformed. This new site's bases have no shape to the legs though. It looks like the person who made them gave up half way through when it comes to body definition. I wouldn't have accepted those bases, especially not for cash. I'm not being mean, I'm looking at it from a professional point of view. The base it pretty much the very first thing that a site gets judged by, so it needs to be well-shaped.

But if Tre's findings are true and they pulled the shading from our male bases then the person they commissioned to make the bases obviously isn't very good anyway. Not if they couldn't do the work themself. Or maybe they were just too lazy to? I dunno, whichever it's a very bad work ethic.

Bit of a shame when a new site with potential (because all new sites start off with potential) is hampered from the get go by people they pay money to help them : /

Tre Le Coco

Old 02-09-2010, 03:10 AM

Sorry if you don't like what people say crush, but im a very, very harsh critiquer of anything pixeled and takes alot to impress me, and sadly they do not reach my expectations of a good base, like 95% of all other sites out there :)

Blkmage Disaster
The Shadow Thief

Old 02-09-2010, 06:41 AM

I just got an account on Celainia, and it's avatars aren't real bad really. It's really slow though. I'm by myself. ;A; Maybe because it's late. I really like the mouse emoties they got on there. How about some animal emoties here? (besides yumeh, we have enough of him :lol:)

I'm sorry if it's already mentioned, but I'm wanting to know what everyone thinks of Celainia? The avatars, items, the whole site. I'm still wandering around right now. They even have a dream avatar thing on their own forum site! Which I like. :3

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-09-2010, 09:22 AM

It's not that anyone is being mean per se. We've put our own devs through the ringer. Tre can attest to that. It's just that we want quality work and we want things to be the best and not half assed (we can be nitpicky sometimes but meh.... we're women, lol).

The first thing a user sees is the avatar and the items. Your site can be as pretty as a picture, but if your avatar and items do not catch their eyes, or at least pique their interest, they won't stay.

At first, maybe since it will be a brand new site and people tend to flock to them to check them out and see what they are all about. Some people from other sites sign up to check out the new competition and possibly learn something or they may just be looking for a place to relax where they don't have to be staff. Myself and jelly are on other sites, and there are admin here that come to just relax.

It's holding the user for the long haul that is the key to being successful. They get bored, burned out, tired of the internet, eaten by real life, drawn in by shinier new things, mad at the staff for something real or imagined and leave, etc. You need to have the creativity, the desire, and quite frankly, the cash, to keep them interested. You also have to have dedicated staff who work countless hours for nothing because of their belief that the site will succeed and their love of the community they belong to. It helps to have adults in this role as you are less likely to have teen angst and drama. You'll also want solid coding. Users (not everyone, just a general Users) WILL hack your site, cheat your gold system, glitch their avatars, use programs that allow them to buy things for nothing, and anything else they can think to do. Get solid coding and get good CAPTCHA in place to keep the bots out. You'll still get kids that come in to spam up the forums for no other reason than they are bored. Goes with the territory.

People who get in to avatar sites for quick profit are deluding themselves and having read a journal about Ozuria, I'm pretty certain that the person trying to get it off the ground knows this (or at least I hope so). I wish them luck though, as it seems they are pouring themselves in to it 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crush View Post
You guys are being kinda mean :( I know the guys working on the site and there's a lot of features that are gonna be on there that seem really awesome.

They're not the most gorgeous base, but they're no more disformed than these bases o.O

Rain:]
Bitches love me.

Old 02-21-2010, 08:24 PM

TinierMe is so cute! :3
I try to go every day, but unfortunantely I can't.
They have Old Maid! And not the stupid computer one where you play the computers, you're playing with other people.
(Though I always lose medals.. T_T) But I like it. it's cool.

Maiden of Unicorns
*^_^*

Old 04-13-2010, 04:53 PM

I am a member of Midorea and that place is really slow, but I like it alot. It is alot of fun, especially when you go and battle monsters in the battle areana but forums move like turtles and it is really hard to buy things, especially since I posted in like 2-3 selling threads and haven't heard a response from them in over a month and they haven't been posted in yet either.

wispytearz
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to wispytearz Send a message via MSN to wispytearz Send a message via Yahoo to wispytearz

Old 07-09-2010, 06:45 PM

Any other Magistream players around? If not there should be. Magistream's a great clickable/breedable pet site with cute little eggs that hatch and grow into all kinds of mythological creatures. Here's some of my eggs and hatchlings:

Imaginative Sarah
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-09-2010, 11:24 PM

Ozuria isn't opened yet. .___. i'm waiting on it. along with a few more. The only one that seems most active with updates is Ozuria but, mostly malthea. Soooo.. well I'm thinking Malthea will open first. When its done..

cardigan sweaters
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via AIM to cardigan sweaters

Old 07-10-2010, 08:00 AM

Where can i see this horrid base of Ozuria.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 07-14-2010, 07:05 AM

Yeah, I'm curious too now. lol.

Marova
*^_^*

Old 07-15-2010, 02:18 AM

i want to see as well.

Pandalicious
*^_^*

Old 07-27-2010, 01:26 AM