Head Librarian
Reading is fundamental
NPC

Old 04-04-2009, 10:56 AM

All talk about those cute little critters in here.

As seen in Happy Meals everywhere - Neopets is less of an 'avatar site' and more of a 'pet site'. It has tons of games (many flash and some webpage based) and the ability to battle your pets, dress them, feed them, read to them, level them, give them pets (and give your pets' pets pets of their own).

Magentarose
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-04-2009, 11:04 AM

Oh wow, I haven't played that in years!
I remember that was back when I was younger and had to go to an internet cafe for internet access. xD

I'm from Australia and I quit when some mother from here complained about "gambling" games like cards and chance games. They blocked all Australians from playing half the games on the site after that. I could have changed my country to play them but it was stupid and annoyed me so I quit.

Silly woman had to go and ruin Neopets for the entire country. Oh well, I think I'm way too old for Neopets now so I'm over it.

Last edited by Magentarose; 04-04-2009 at 11:05 AM.. Reason: forgot an "s"

Jennifer
High fives are pretty great!

Old 04-04-2009, 11:07 AM

I'm playing Neopets right now. It's a bit irritating when I use the trading post to give a large quantity of items up for trade; only expecting a few NP and even a junk item - and it just sits there. :lol:

The new Easter items over there are pretty neat though. It doesn't seem to want to reward me one today however.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-04-2009, 11:21 AM

An Australian in the guild I'm in on Neo had to change her country to be able to do a lot of things, it frustrated her rather a lot too.

Jenny I've just been to look at the Terror Mountain artwork after seeing what you'd said in the other thread, I like it xD

The lab ray seems to be messed up though. Or their caching system is or something, my larbat turned robot a few zaps ago, then the time before last it turned ghost (odd how expensive colour changes often come one after the other) but it's still showing up as robot.
It gained two levels just now, and the end shot in the lab showed it in its ghost form, but it's still robot everywhere else, weird...

Jennifer

Old 04-04-2009, 11:51 AM

Wow, really? ._____. I'm sure that just ruined it for everyone over there.

That new Terror Mountain layout is more uh...edgier? The other one was softer and just, a lot better on my eyes, heh.

Don't have much to say about the lab ray, I've never used it. Still trying to figure Neopets out.

Magentarose
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-04-2009, 12:02 PM

Yeah, I could probably blame Macdonalds. If they weren't selling Neopet toys with the happy meals then maybe that kids mother would have never have found out about Neopets. xD

That kid must have been the most unpopular kid in his school after that... I feel sorry for them

Jennifer

Old 04-04-2009, 12:19 PM

I laughed hard, haha. That would suck to be that kid. :lol:

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-04-2009, 01:43 PM

Nice little tale for parties when they're older though..."my claim to fame"

I really like a lot of the Shenkuu and Altador food items xD I have nasty hoarding habits on Neo. But I will admit that despite those two places having been around for a while now, I only discovered a week or so ago that you could rotate the globe on the world map to get to them, d'oh!

siaasgn
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 04-04-2009, 03:51 PM

I haven't really been on Neo since my main got banned. I was so mad - it was during a plot and I was visiting a site that would help and apparently the help site was hacking Neo - how the hell am I supposed to know that. . the whole thing was a mess.

So they banned me and I canceled my premium and stopped visiting the site - problem solved >.< Besides - now I have more time for Mene

Guivre
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Guivre Send a message via Yahoo to Guivre

Old 04-04-2009, 04:10 PM

Yay, the thread is finally here. I feel like I have somewhere grown up to bring my blumaroo now.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-04-2009, 06:15 PM

I was sad when that happened to you, Sia, but it's the way these things tend to work, sadly :(

Neo's plots always drove me bananas , just way too much going round and round in circles than I can ever tolerate. The last one I attempted was the Lost Desert stuff I think. Wandering for hours in the tomb looking at emblems over doorways. I got sick to death of it and gave up, and have avoided them ever since xD

Jennifer

Old 04-04-2009, 07:39 PM

Holy crap, you can rotate the globe. :insane:

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-04-2009, 07:46 PM

Yeah, cool, isn't it? xD

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 04-04-2009, 07:52 PM

I don't really have the heart to play Neopets anymore now that I got a response basically informing me my Neopets are doomed to be stuck in limbo forever since I can't access the account. Apparently it's "too old" for them to give me access? Which is odd since I can see it when I search and I can access my oldest account, which unfortunately wasn't the one I put my favorite pets and all my items on.

Poor little guys...

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-04-2009, 08:20 PM

It doesn't make much sense, does it? I fail to see how any part of the database would be inaccessable, so it's just an excuse in my eyes. They seem to have some weird intentions of locking out old accounts.

Jennifer

Old 04-04-2009, 08:34 PM

Well I learn something new everyday. =3

I hate that I can't access one of my accounts information (which I forgot) because there are two accounts associated with the e-mail address. So I can't inquire about it at all. ><

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 04-04-2009, 08:46 PM

@Jennifer: I couldn't either. =/ I tried that so I could find my other accounts I made to see if they are still active.

@Jelly: I agree. The only suggestion they gave me was to make a new account. It's kind of frustrating when you have a 7 year old account that you know the password and username for and the only reason you can't access it is because 7 years ago you put in a fake b-day since your parents forbade giving out personal info online. (Not that they really approve now either. XD)

Jennifer

Old 04-04-2009, 09:03 PM

As interesting as it can be sometimes, I find that Neopets is really stubborn with some things. *kicks it* Gotta ruin the fun for some people.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-04-2009, 09:09 PM

They do have a lot of fun stuff on there though, some of their developers clearly have a really warped sense of humour xD

Elmira Swift
Curator of Alluvium

Penpal

Old 04-04-2009, 10:04 PM

Yup. Lily enjoys nailing the staff on "whak a staff member" whenever she gets particularly annoyed by something.

Last edited by Peeblo; 08-08-2011 at 01:09 AM..

Jennifer

Old 04-05-2009, 03:48 AM

O~ that Whack TNT thingamabob? I suck at most games. So I like to stick to the wheels and sponsor games. Plus, it's fun to just purchase a pack of scratch cards when you're bored and just go at them. I won a Lost Desert Kougra Plushie...the one that goes for around 4Ok NP or so. :)

jelly - oh? o-o

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 04-05-2009, 04:49 AM

I remember that site... they need to bring back ptera attack (or whatever it's called). I liked the original the best.

I wish I knew what my first account was... :( I had like half a mil on there... and my brother was filthy rich... >.> lucky.....

ooh....I liked buying scratchcards for less that the shopkeeper sold them for XD

Magentarose
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-05-2009, 07:52 AM

All this neopets talk is making me want to go visit it again. I feel like whacking a staff member! Sounds like fun. I might see if the game blocks are still on Australian users. I kinda feel like an old fart there but oh well. xD

Fabby
KHAAAAAAAAN~

Old 04-05-2009, 08:41 AM

Neopets recently decided to ban my account for no good reason. I went for my once-yearly sign in just for the hell of it, and discovered that I had been banned for attempting to find a virtual boyfriend. >___>;;
Of course, their response to my inquiry as to how the hell that could have happened was "You were banned for trying to use Neopets as a dating service" and I promptly realized it was a lost cause.

I liked Hasee Bounce. D:

Magentarose
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-05-2009, 12:08 PM

Fabby, could your account have been hacked and use by someone else for that reason?