Gangsta Biatch
Send a message via AIM to Sizzla

Old 01-08-2010, 04:25 PM

Totally. I spent mine already. XD

Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-08-2010, 05:49 PM

Have you guys bought any Lucky Bags yet?
From what people have told me, they seem like goody bags. You pick and theme and get 2-7 items when the bags finally open up.

It looks like fun, so I've already bought two. :)

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-08-2010, 05:58 PM

I haven't tried any of the bags yet, I'm a bit tight with spending my ribbons, took me a long time to actually buy any clothes from Katherine's shop, lol xD

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch

Old 01-08-2010, 08:51 PM

I bought one with some jewels (because I couldn't resist a few of the jewel items and decided to donate), and I'm planning on buying the pastel one that's super expensive when I save up a bit more. XP I have plenty of time to gather ribbons -- but I am running out of things to take pictures of. I guess eventually I'll drag out every shirt, pant and shoe that I own... xP

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-08-2010, 10:57 PM

You know, every time I come to check this thread I think...

Poopy Girl. :lol:

... *waits to be beaten*

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 01-09-2010, 01:49 AM

xD I can't say I don't think the same thing. I try to pronounce it the French way as you're meant to, but yeah.... >_>

I've bought a few of the lucky bags (jewel and ribbon). I just spent so many ribbons during New Years that I had only built up around 900 by the time the lucky bags came out and I haven't got all the ones I think I'll like most. D: Still have about a week to do it, at least. D:

I look at the prices and figure if a minimum of two and a maximum of seven items comes out of the prices I'm paying, I'm doing a pretty good deal. Assuming a 450 ribbon bag is the one that would have 7 items in it, that means I'm paying around 64 ribbons per item in the bag. AND I get the bag. xD

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-09-2010, 09:19 PM

I bought the red lucky bag with the white polka dots, don't really like how any of the others look ><

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 01-10-2010, 12:38 AM

I got that one too as it looked promising. xD Though I know there's the after-market of whenever they unlock the items and you can sell them on the marketplace, I don't really have a lot of ribbons to "invest". I have to gamble and hope I get things I'll like. >3<

sailor star rainbow
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 01-12-2010, 02:31 AM

It looks so cute and someone send my a invite to the site please. I can't seem to find it when I try to goggles the site.

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch

Old 01-12-2010, 04:10 AM

I just spent 420 ribbons on the pastel pop bag. XD It'd better be good. I've never had that many ribbons at one time before! :gonk:

sailor star, if I knew how to send an invite, I totally would. But I still have no idea how, even though I've been playing a month now. :lol:

I'll bet someone here knows how though -- jelly invited me. :)

sailor star rainbow
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 01-13-2010, 12:32 AM

Thanks I will just send Jelly a pm then thanks any way Sizzle it is okay hugs.

Knerd

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-14-2010, 01:27 AM

I'm a sucker for grab bags, so I bought 4 of the less expensive ones. With at least 2 items each, I'll be perfectly happy no matter what happens. I'll just sell that stuff I don't like. :lol:

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 01-15-2010, 10:47 PM

For those who got gift bags - what did you think of the ones you purchased when you opened them? :3

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-16-2010, 01:17 AM

I like bits and bobs from mine. Some stuff is hideous but then I fully expected it to be, lol. I doubt I'll make up what I spent on them once I can sell the pieces that I don't like off, but I don't mind, it was fun getting to open them and see what was inside.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 01-17-2010, 12:14 AM

Yeah - I got quite a few bags (I've forgotten the exact number) and there was only one set where I liked every piece in it (the pink lolita set). Though there were a few bags where I liked most of what went in them. The rest had at least one item I was happy to get and a few others that might be good if I can find something to wear with them. xD

Huffie
Sa Tonkiki, sa Tonkinoise~

Old 01-17-2010, 02:42 PM

Oh hello, may I scrape in on this conversation, if it's not too intrusive of me? :) I just adore Poupeegirl.

On the topic of lucky bags, I only got the ribbon romantic rock one, but I'm very happy with my purchase! The only one I regret not getting is the bag with the bears on it, I thought about buying it but it was a bit pricey for me and I'm currently trying not to spend too much since Valentine's is on the horizon. :D

Knerd

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-17-2010, 04:39 PM

I'm pretty happy - I love the dress and purse that came with the brown Chic bag. And the CoolGirl bag is completely my style. It came with a tweed skirt and a black button up top. Those two bags made it worth all the ribbons I spent.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 01-18-2010, 01:21 AM

Oh my - is Valentines on Poupee really something else? I'm not sure what their "big" events are like. Like, here our "big" events seem to be Halloween, Valentine's and Celes Pardi, roughly in that order. They're the ones we usually go more of an 'all-out' for and users generally expect more from us during those events.

I get the impression that their New Years and Halloween events are two of the most looked forward to, but I'm not sure which else.

Huffie

Old 01-18-2010, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
Oh my - is Valentines on Poupee really something else? I'm not sure what their "big" events are like. Like, here our "big" events seem to be Halloween, Valentine's and Celes Pardi, roughly in that order. They're the ones we usually go more of an 'all-out' for and users generally expect more from us during those events.

I get the impression that their New Years and Halloween events are two of the most looked forward to, but I'm not sure which else.
Well, I don't think it's much bigger than the new years or Halloween events, but for Valentine's they usually release a lot of sweet lolita goodies so it's my fav. :D

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch

Old 01-18-2010, 03:40 PM

I was kind of disappointed with one of my bags... But the pastel polka dot one was pretty nice. I'm not a fan of the bear shirts they put in. They're not exactly my style.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 01-18-2010, 09:41 PM

LOL. The bear shirt is my favorite after the skirt in the polka-dot set. xD It's just very cute. :x

Iee lolita stuff. Going to have to force myself to post and earn ribbons in case they release things I really want, then. :x

Huffie

Old 01-18-2010, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
Iee lolita stuff. Going to have to force myself to post and earn ribbons in case they release things I really want, then. :x
I know how you feel. :lol: But I'm still buying the last of the party event and outer special items I wanted, so it's not looking too good for me. :gonk: I never thought I'd complain about a site releasing too many new items for me to handle!

Have you looked at the Katherine shop archive on livejournal? It might help you get a better idea of what kind of stuff they do for Valentines on Poupee if you want to know. :D

Quote:
I was kind of disappointed with one of my bags... But the pastel polka dot one was pretty nice. I'm not a fan of the bear shirts they put in. They're not exactly my style.
For me the bear motif was the whole reason I quite regretted not getting that one! :lol: But I could see how it might be a bit saccharine for a lot of people.

Zephi
Summer love

Old 01-19-2010, 01:10 AM

I'm Zephyr on poupee! If anyone would like to add me, I don't have many friends. I just joined today.

ArsenicAttitude
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to ArsenicAttitude

Old 01-19-2010, 01:51 AM

I was happy with my bags except I wish they had more stuff in them haha.
I got the Cool bag and the mode/mori (correct me if wrong, I forgot the name haha)
I got 5 items all together.
I wish I had bought more because some of the more expensive ones were really pretty.

fiarra
seeking proof on the roof
Send a message via AIM to fiarra Send a message via MSN to fiarra

Old 01-19-2010, 02:09 AM

How did I not know this thread existed.

haha I'm so proud of myself for bringing this site up to Cherry.. and then getting CK hooked.

edit: OMG NO did i miss a grab bag event?! *woe*