Dead Account Holder

Old 07-08-2010, 09:03 PM

anyone who thinks this site is anything like gaia, is an idiot -__-

Gaia Online: Gay. Crap. Boring.

Mene: Awesome <3

Imaginative Sarah
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-09-2010, 11:39 PM

Yeah i don't think any avatar site is really like Gaia even if the avatars look alike. I think that alot of people on Menewsha are very rude though.. but, thats not why i left for a while its just boring here after a while. Gaiaonline has cashcards and stuff its so big but, the smaller avatar sites are better. I don't think Gaias really just an avatar site though it has games and all kinds of stuff.. I guess thats why its big. I left it htough because the people are so stuck up and its just too big and well...the prices are blegggh.

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 07-09-2010, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginative Sarah View Post
Yeah i don't think any avatar site is really like Gaia even if the avatars look alike. I think that alot of people on Menewsha are very rude though.. but, thats not why i left for a while its just boring here after a while. Gaiaonline has cashcards and stuff its so big but, the smaller avatar sites are better. I don't think Gaias really just an avatar site though it has games and all kinds of stuff.. I guess thats why its big. I left it htough because the people are so stuck up and its just too big and well...the prices are blegggh.
Really? I haven't run into a single rude person here, as of yet. Some annoying yes, but all sites have some annoyances. But no one downright rude. I like Mene because it's slow. You can keep up then. I'm on Gaia and Mene, and I'm even part of the staff on Gaia, but I can still admit freely I like menewsha's community aspect better than Gaia's.

Imaginative Sarah
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-09-2010, 11:51 PM

well i've had a few ones its just everyone seems so up tight here or something.. I don't mean to sound rude or anything. all the puncuations nad whatnot is just not my thing, i admit i use them more since i've been on avatar sites though. I havn't been on here in a while. I g2g too my mom is being annoying =o=; bye..

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 07-10-2010, 12:16 AM

Quote:
well i've had a few ones its just everyone seems so up tight here or something.. I don't mean to sound rude or anything. all the puncuations nad whatnot is just not my thing, i admit i use them more since i've been on avatar sites though. I havn't been on here in a while. I g2g too my mom is being annoying =o=; bye..
So...all the grammar is a bad thing? It seems like that's what you're saying. I don't see how grammar can ever be a bad thing. Without grammar, written language become almost incomprehensible! It's always a good idea to state what you mean in a manner that others can understand. And here on Mene, the more you type (and the less chat speak and other abbreviations that you use), the more gold you earn per post.

I like to think that Menewsha fosters an environment of good communication instead of choppy chat speak.

Imaginative Sarah
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-10-2010, 03:09 AM

I wasn't insulting anyone that used it I just mean its just not my thing. Its like everyones doing it. I can't explain it unless you knew what i mean really.. i guess..I usually like to type what i want to say and get it over with. I use it too now but, I may not use it right. I'm just not a smart person overall. :P but, i meant no harm or anything I just meant its weird its like everyones doing it.. Its ok to chill. :3 I use puncuations, well i try to but, I don't use them if i'm in a hurry to get off. you know?? uhhh.. lol

Lapin
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-14-2010, 05:01 AM

Gaia wasn't the first avatar community out there.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-14-2010, 04:51 PM

Sarah, one of the very worst and most obnoxious grammar nazis on here has been banned, and I wouldn't be at all suprised if it had been them who you had a run in with in the past :)

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 07-15-2010, 07:29 AM

Quote:
I wasn't insulting anyone that used it I just mean its just not my thing. Its like everyones doing it. I can't explain it unless you knew what i mean really.. i guess..I usually like to type what i want to say and get it over with. I use it too now but, I may not use it right. I'm just not a smart person overall. :P but, i meant no harm or anything I just meant its weird its like everyones doing it.. Its ok to chill. :3 I use puncuations, well i try to but, I don't use them if i'm in a hurry to get off. you know?? uhhh.. lol
I didn't think you were insulting anyone, I just found it really weird is all. Grammar isn't some big evil entity. Grammar just helps things make sense when you type them out. No one likes to read a big knot of words that doesn't make any sense.

Anyway, you use grammar even when you don't realize you're doing it. Most of it is a natural process to you've picked up on and use, even if you can't name what you're doing.

Vexatious~Venom
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Banned

Old 08-21-2010, 02:54 PM

Just because it is harder to earn gold here doesn't mean it's a fail. I'm sorry to say but I know that gaia was the first avatar site and all that, but if gaia is what a "good" avatar site is then I would rather be a member of a fail site than set foot in that spam-infested place. :illgetu:

I have to say I like the fact that most people here are gramatically correct, chat speak is one thing that I really can't stand, or people who think they're awesome and type LyK dIs

Also I wouldn't really say that gaia is gay, mainly because since I find gaia crap and I happen to think gay people are awesome, so the homophobia I feel wouldn't work.

Last edited by Vexatious~Venom; 08-21-2010 at 03:02 PM..

Honey noodles
Lol mule accounts ;D

Old 08-21-2010, 07:01 PM

Oh I think you are talking about gonline. It is kinda like go-gaia was. That is the point.
I have one, but I don't really play it that much because I forget about it.

Sunshiney
Things have come to freely pass

Old 10-03-2010, 08:00 AM

Although it is harder to earn gold on here, I think I'm growing fond of this website already. I have only met one rude person today, but everyone else was nice, sweet kind, and did not tlk lik dis 2 everyn. And no one made fun of me for being a newbie~! Yay! And, our profiles are laid out exactly like on mangafox, so I'm already used to it all. That is a big plus.

About the grammar subject...

I sometimes won't use caps or on slight occasion punctuation, but I never use chat speak. Ever. Never ever ever. I'm a grammar nazi to myself. I think it is very annoying to talk to someone when they have not a clue what you are typing.

But you guys have also given me evil.

you give the italics option.

I'm an italics addict. Wrong, wrong move, Menewsha.

MWUAHAHAHAAHAHA.
Ahem. I'll try not to use it too much, as I can understand the frustration of reading italicsitalicsitalicsitalics and more italics.

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 10-06-2010, 07:08 AM

LOL. I know the girl who made this thread on Gaia.
She must think she's so cool, trashing another website for e-cred!

Mystic
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 10-06-2010, 05:43 PM

But Mon Mon, everyone KNOWS that EVERY other avatar site just rips off of Gaia and that Gaia is the original site that came out with avatars and forums. XD

Seriously though, people need to just look at the sites for what they are and stop comparing them. XD Personally aside from them both being avatar sites I really do not see that much in common but if other people want to think it's exactly like Gaia then let them think that.

Aspinou
Blurgh

Old 10-06-2010, 07:09 PM

This thread's funny. xD
No seriously. I don't mind people trashing mene, let them do whatever they like. If they register here only to say bad things then they are obviously not people that I would wanna hag out with any way.
And about gaia: I used to love it, but I don't anymore. Simply because people just weren't nice. Sometimes yes. Mostly no. I saw so much hatred and trashing and homophobia on there. There's so much prestige there. It's all about the money I guess. Here you feel good when posting, there it was just intimidating...
wow I ended up comparing anyway. xD

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-07-2010, 12:02 AM

Comparisons are good, as long as they are fair and not just someone trolling for lulz :)

Vexatious~Venom
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Banned

Old 10-09-2010, 01:01 PM

Avatar sites in general are all going to have common links anyway, I mean all avatar sites will have a forum, avatars, donation items and staff. All sites like that will have a community. So it's only natural that comparisons between them occur, but trashing them or taking all the negative aspects from one site and comparing it to the positive aspects from another is unfair as it isn't giving an accurate portrail of the site in question.

So technically it could be argued that this is another version of Gaia, just as you could say Trisphee or Crysandrea are other versions of Gaia too.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-10-2010, 04:13 AM

It's only silly young people who don't think who instantly accuse any other site of "copying" Gaia anyway. They're just being dumb and ignorant. I just ignore them because there's just no telling people like that. They want to have a go at you, and do some trolling, let them get on with it. They get bored and/or banned fast enough. Then they can go back to their beloved spamhole and enjoy getting all self-righteous. I find it all very boring.

I think it's a manifestation of the typical childish belief that the world revolves around them. So a young teen joins Gaia and truly believes that it was the first and is the best, so becomes uber-loyal like younger people do when they form an attachment, so mouths off at other sites because they don't know any better, and because at that age they think being a troll is totally cool =_=

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 10-14-2010, 04:03 PM

I troll on Gaia, but, I don't troll-troll. I mostly do silly trolls.
Like when someone acts like they're famous in the chatterbox, I go, "WHO ARE YOU AND WHY ARE YOU IN MY SHOWER?"

And dumb shit like that, I get the funniest reactions sometimes.

That said, I LIKE Gaia, but the one forum I frequent is starting to get filled with people like Nyx, who really aren't funny, and who really aren't worth talking to. So...

Fable
OH LEO~

Old 10-23-2010, 10:12 PM

How exactly does Menewsha 'fail'? Because it's not bursting to life with people who appear to be typing by smashing their faces onto the keyboard? The community here rocks. xDD I came here from Gaia and still occasionally go back to talk to friends, but I still think Menewsha is a LOT better in more than one way. > w <

Anyway, this thread made me laugh pretty hard. XD

Total Error
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-24-2010, 02:26 PM

I don't get how it's close to gaia? o_O You're getting things messed up, I'd say. Every community website is different. It's the art that attracts some, and the actual community that attracts the others. I personally would leave Mene if it got to turn like gaia. These are my own opinions though. Gaia might've been a good place in the past, but now? >> Or even in the past three-two years? Hell no : |. If you don't have a good input to roll up, and if you think this is a fail version of gaia, then you should head out, that is.

royal randomness
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 11-01-2010, 03:54 PM

O.O... well first off this website is nothing like gaia, second i like both gaia and menewsha i like them forseperate things menewsha has more people who are fun to talk to while gaia has fun events and games not saying the games on here arent fun but i actually like there games better and i dont mind the money being hard to get cause that means not just every one can have a nice avitrar unlike gaia where nowadays any body can come and within a few days they look rich and probably still dont know to much about the site as where here you progress slowly and i like thata little better

pinkii
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-06-2010, 05:13 AM

If anything many of the users on Mene are mature unlike SOME other users I know [/coughcough]
It may have a similar format when you compare it to the early years of Gaia, but almost EVERY forum, let alone an avatar forum will be the same.

I also enjoy the fact that one of the most immature users I've met on this site are from Gaia. No offense to any gaians (I'm one myself). xD

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 11-06-2010, 10:42 PM

^^; I think most of us came from Gaia in the first place. xD It's rare to find someone on Menewsha who'd never heard of Gaia before they joined Menewsha.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal
Send a message via MSN to hillary84 Send a message via Yahoo to hillary84

Old 11-07-2010, 02:09 AM

I hate it when Gaia's Chinese sister is bashed by others! I've been a member since March and I enjoy the people I have met on there. I am a ton more social over there than on other sites including Mene. I even entered a design for an on going item contest. I don't care if Gaia is bashed but leave the sister site alone.