View Poll Results: Are you registered on Pottermore yet?
Yes, I'm in! 32 51.61%
No, not yet. ): 30 48.39%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

NeuzaKC
Stan.

Old 08-01-2011, 02:53 PM

COME VISIT
TROLL! TROLL IN THE DUNGEON!
FOR MORE POTTERTALK!
THE OFFICIAL POTTERHEAD COMMON ROOM

I don't know if this goes here, the site isn't open yet. XD Halp plz.

Anywho. Anyone who is a potterhead knows what the title means: Pottermore, the online reading experience!

Are you in yet? I'm not, unfortunately I believe the clue goes up in the morning on my timezone which means I'm very unlikely to ever register on time. EXTREMESADFACE.jpg

I'm absolutely heartbroken. I really want to get in but damn the timezones. -.- Are you excited? Are you one of the first million to see the insides of Pottermore before the 31 of October? Are you trying to register or would you rather wait? And for those fortunate enough, what can you tell us about Pottermore? What happens when you register?

Squee and glee, you guys! Last question: is it just a rumour or is it true that there will be an extreme quiz (partially or completely designed by J. K. Rowling herself!) to sort us into our Houses? Remember that this means wherever we land, it's for keeps! Does that make you happy or worried? What about patronuses? There's this rumour going about that we'll also know the form of our patronus. What are your thoughts?

Official Listing:

BellyButton is WatchElm91 and signed up on the first day. Got her e-mail on the 25th of August, congratulations! - Slytherin!
x-cutie-x-pie-x is NightDream140 and signed up on the first day. Got her e-mail on the 16th of August, congratulations! - Gryffindor!
Sidhe is [username] and signed up on the first day. - Gryffindor!

NeuzaKC's friend is HexProphecy141 and signed up on the second day. Got her e-mail on the 04th of September, congratulations! - Slytherin!

NeuzaKC is CharmFlight167 and signed up on the third day. Got her e-mail on the 08th of September, congratulations! - Ravenclaw!
Aoi Kazuya is ScarletWizard67 and signed up on the third day. Got her e-mail on the 06th of September, congratulations! - Slytherin!

NeuzaKC's friend is HazelSpirit65 and signed up on the fourth day. Got her e-mail on the 10th of September, congratulations!
Projectwolfie is AccioWillow62 and signed up on the fourth day. Got his e-mail on the 10th of September, congratulations! - Gryffindor!

Codette is MoonstonePurple36 and signed up on the fifth day. Got her e-mail on the 25th of September, congratulations! - Slytherin!
Codette's cousin is DustBlood185 and she will be getting a ton of friend requests from Menewshans. :ninja:
Iroase Delschatten is CrimsonGlow59 and signed up on the fifth day. Got her e-mail on the 24th of September, congratulations! - Ravenclaw!
Whisper Invictus is GalleonBlade64 and signed up on the 5th day.

Carzeebear is HexNettle138 and signed up on the seventh day.
Clair Voyant is NoxNewt76 and signed up on the seventh day.
strokous is SnidgetCloak91, and signed up on the seventh day.

Rukia Kuchiki- is BladeFirebolt55. Got her e-mail on the 26th of August, congratulations! - Hufflepuff!

Cinderella is SpiritQuaffle75. - Hufflepuff!
xSakuraHanax is QueenSword157 - Hufflepuff!

House Welcome Messages:

Gryffindor; Ravenclaw; Hufflepuff; Slytherin;

This official listing is to determine how the welcome e-mails to Pottermore will be sent out. Theory is they'll be sent by day of registration, but also anyone who has a Pottermore account is welcome to say what their username is so we can just friend each other when we get our welcome e-mail. ;D

Last edited by NeuzaKC; 03-22-2012 at 05:05 PM..

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 08-02-2011, 07:45 PM

I totally geeked out and got the midnight clue and signed up. ;D Such a silly username I've got, though! It took a full day for my activation email to actually arrive, but from the sounds of it I've got a good shot at being in the first 1mill. We shall see.

I do hope they go nuts with sorting quizzes and all that! Even if I wind up somewhere I wouldn't choose in a lineup, it'll add to the immersion, y'know? And maybe the less popular houses will get more love that way. Though, I'm sure you could manipulate your results by simply answering "like a Slytherin" - I'm gonna answer them honestly and see what happens, though. I find that exciting. :boogie:

What are your thoughts? I assume you've managed to register by now? :)

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 08-02-2011, 08:44 PM

*SQUEE* I'm totally on the mailing list! I can't wait! Theres such a slim chance of me being on in time for the early join, so I'm going to wait -im-patiently until October ^.^'

x-cutie-x-pie-x
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 08-02-2011, 10:41 PM

There's a whole transcript of the press conference about Pottermore right heree. It's answers from JK Rowling herself and it tells you what to expect from Pottermore~

I signed up on the first clue ^__^~ Got my email quite quickly but I heard that some people had to wait several hours for theirs... o.o

For anyone looking to join tomorrow, Pottermore twitter has announced the clue will be released 2.00pm and 6.00pm BST. Which is 9am-1pm EST or, 6-10am PST. And if you don't know already, each clue is related to a different book in the series. For example, the first clue was about Philosophers Stone, the second about Chamber of Secrets, etc. Which means tomorrows (3rd) will be Goblet of Fire.

Good luck! :3 ♥

NeuzaKC
Stan.

Old 08-03-2011, 02:17 PM

I've joined already, yay! Yesterday was the third clue and I was at college but I brought the book with me just in case. XD Though, oh my god I spent about ten minutes trying to figure out how to levitate the damned Quill. Don't ask, I don't function properly in the morning. But I'm in! I'm CharmFlight167, I think it's adorable. ^^ What are your usernames? One of my friends still hasn't registered and I really want her to get in. Though other people are complaining a lot about their usernames. XD

Cutie Pie, thanks for the links! According to J.K., then, there will be a lot to be expected from not only the sorting but also wands? And common rooms? Oh god that's genius. I want it. :drool: It sounds like it'll be just like being at Hogwarts! Also according to her then, we won't all answer the same questions to get sorted. I find that brilliant, there'll be no online cheats to get you sorted to a particular house.

Something that makes me sad is the sudden outburst of Pottermore accounts that are being sold. I find that appaling, I know it's tough to be on the computer all the time just to get a chance to get in but that somehow feels to me like cheating.

----------

Just a head's up but the fourth clue is up, guys!

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 08-03-2011, 04:29 PM

Your username is cute, I like it. :) Mine's "WatchElm91," hehe. The other choices I had just didn't sound right at the time. Of course, I've not had my coffee yet so I can't even remember what they were now. ;D

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 08-04-2011, 10:03 AM

I just worked out that the magic quill appears at 2am here :( I may have to wait 'till october...

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator
Send a message via AIM to Iro

Old 08-04-2011, 11:08 AM

How did I not find this earlier? *stalks website* :o

Projectwolfie
Dr. Livingstone, I presume?

Old 08-04-2011, 03:37 PM

AccioWillow62 here. I almost thought I wouldn't get in yesterday when the site was clogged with business and the link took me to sony (for a half-second I thought I screwed up). Reading that press conference makes me really excited about what to expect though!

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator

Old 08-04-2011, 03:44 PM

Does anyone know when the next sign ups would open? xD

NeuzaKC
Stan.

Old 08-04-2011, 04:54 PM

Carzeebear: Are you sure? The times have been changing a little, you might still be able to get in. I don't know where you live, so it's a bit tricky, but if you check the official blog you might find a suitable time.

Iroase Delschatten: Yes!
Quote:
We can tell you that today’s clue (Day 5) will be released between 4.30pm and 8.00pm BST.
This is, I believe, working on London's timezone, so you might want to check local time if you live somewhere else. Oh, and to those who don't know yet, Pottermore Insider is the official Pottermore Blog. You should check it every once in a while, they've been giving some clues for when the next clues might show up. ;D

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator

Old 08-04-2011, 05:15 PM

I've got in!

The clues were just released a few minutes ago.
I'm CrimsonGlow59 there now. :D

NeuzaKC
Stan.

Old 08-04-2011, 05:23 PM

Congrats, that's such a cute name! I got in too, well, I was already in but I like answering the questions and finding the quill. XD You're lucky, you just have to catch the quill, I had to levitate it. Spent like ten minutes figuring out how, my gosh, I was terrified of taking too long and missing my chance. XD

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator

Old 08-04-2011, 05:27 PM

Wingardium Leviosa!

How exactly did you have to levitate the quill? xD

I'm having a bit of fun doing the book puzzles in the scholastic site at the moment.

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 08-04-2011, 05:35 PM

hey guys I finally got in!
Which username should I go with? I'm not a huge fan of any of them
  • CastleWolf144
  • MoonstonePurple36
  • CastleFlight72
  • LeviosaChaser5
  • HawthornAsh60

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator

Old 08-04-2011, 05:36 PM

Congrats, Codette!

Hmm It's quite a difficult choice. If it was me, I'd choose between MoonstonePurple and LeviosaChaser, the latter more likely.

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 08-04-2011, 05:37 PM

hmmm I think your right... Those two do have the best sound to them... I do love purple... Alright! I'm Moonstonepurple36 ^.^

Thanks Iro! *hugs*

NeuzaKC
Stan.

Old 08-04-2011, 05:38 PM

Oh gosh, it was an ad as well, and then it told me to levitate the quill, and I thought in my innocence that I needed to click on it, but I just had to move the mouse on the quill like I was tickling it to make it levitate. XD There was a mouse moving at the beggining of the ad but I didn't see it, so I kept clicking with the mouse, very frustrated at the ad when it said "You didn't levitate the Quill. Try again." Horrible message, I started insulting the ad in my head at the fifth time it happened. XD

This site is great. :D

Last edited by NeuzaKC; 08-04-2011 at 05:54 PM..

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 08-04-2011, 05:39 PM

*squeee* I can't wait! I'm just waiting on my registration email.

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator

Old 08-04-2011, 05:42 PM

You're welcome, Codette! :D
I wonder if we get to choose proper names once we are able to do something in there. It'd be great if we could.

@NeuzaKC:
Oh, man. That does sound annoying. If it was not for me prodding Belly in chat, I'd never figure out it was the ad-like banner at the top I should pay attention to! It took me a few minutes to figure it out. xD

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 08-04-2011, 05:49 PM

I hope so. I'd much rather go around being called Codette, then Moonstonepurple

NeuzaKC
Stan.

Old 08-04-2011, 05:58 PM

I don't think we can change the names. I've been reading the links they have below on the site and it specifically says that it works this way to prevent children from giving personal information about themselves on accident. Oh, and congrats on getting in, Codette! Is your avatar Slytherin-themed?

Iroase, yes, it took me a few attempts as well. I was sure I was wrong because it redirected me to a page selling the Harry Potter books so I refreshed like three times before I noticed the ad. XD Quite the challenge, getting in, it's totally worth it, tough!

Question: what do you think the site looks like? I thought it was going to be like a forum, but on the link cuite-pie gave, it says we can go to our own Common room or follow the heroes, so it sounds more like an Online RolePlay type of thing... What do you guys think?

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator

Old 08-04-2011, 06:02 PM

Ah, well. I don't mind being called CrimsonGlow. That is one username which actually sort of fits what I like (I really like the color red). :)
I actually did the same thing as you, KC! I thought I keyed in the wrong answer and was redirected to an 'official site' before I noticed the teenee banner with feathers on top. xD

I imagine it as sort of a Flash browser game, actually. I play quite a bit of those. I imagine this one to be sort of something like some of Disney's more advanced browser flash games I used to love playing, which seems rather cool.

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 08-04-2011, 06:05 PM

Neuza, yes yes she is. I'm actually sketching a picture of your avatar and mine since they're both Potter themed
Maybe people will shorten it to MoonStone...

I was confused as well. But happy I got in the first time I answered a question... and it was actually one I didn't have to look up ^.^

I don't know what to expect, but I'm hoping we can completely customize avatars

NeuzaKC
Stan.

Old 08-04-2011, 08:39 PM

That sounds so neat! :D I'll be sure to call you Moonstone, then. ;D

I do hope we'll be able to customize avatars as well, it sounds a lot like we will, since it's interactive. Oooh, I wonder if we'll have classes... I'm so excited I can't wait until they start sending out the e-mails!