bliss
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-30-2007, 07:52 PM

Anyone play Harvest Moon?

I've played the original SNES version just about to death, but that's the only version I've really played all that much. My fiance has the N64 version but I haven't tried it out.

Aside from that, I recently purchased Harvest Moon: More friends of Mineral Town for the GBA. If you're not familiar with that version, I've heard it follows very closely to Friends of Mineral Town, only you're playing a girl in this version. I haven't gotten very far into it yet, but it's really cute so far.

So yeah, anyone played any of the Harvest Moon games? Feel free to share your stories and experiences, etc. ^^

Kasumi
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via MSN to Kasumi Send a message via Yahoo to Kasumi

Old 03-30-2007, 07:57 PM

I've played the SNES and the Gameboy Version.

bliss
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-30-2007, 08:01 PM

Cool! I loved the SNES version, but they've come a long way since then, so everything is a lot different in my GBA version.

Kasumi
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via MSN to Kasumi Send a message via Yahoo to Kasumi

Old 03-30-2007, 08:10 PM

I liked the Starry Night Holiday and the Town. I don't remember the GBA version.

Balthier
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-30-2007, 08:26 PM

I've only played Back to Nature. It was very fun and I want to play more just don't have the time/money right now. They are a really fun concept.

bliss
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-30-2007, 08:44 PM

Which one is Back to Nature? I'm not familiar with all of the names. ^^;;
They are very fun and addicting games, although I know in the SNES version it sometimes got a bit boring during the fall/winter seasons because you didn't have any crops to tend to.

Arriana
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-30-2007, 09:01 PM

OHHHHHMYYYYYGOOOOOOOSH.
ILOVEHARVESTMOON. <33333333333333333333

xDD
I played SNES to death too. XDD Ann was my favorite. I loved her red hair. I married Maria three times though. XD; It got to the point where I was so good at the game I'd be married and everything by the end of the first summer.

I have one of the GBC games, but I don't play it too much - It's way way too easy and I get bored too fast. xP I have maxed out gold and I think a full cow pen and full chicken coop. Not to mention half of my acreage is grass and I have probably 16 harvestable fields. And you can't get married?! nowayjose. xD;

I'm playing Harvest Moon : A Wonderful Life now though. It's pretty neat! I've got my puppy and kitty and wifey and kid. My first cow just had her first calf. I ride my horse places and he makes cool hoof noises. Watering each crop individually kinda sucks, expescially with no sprinkler. It's a lot harder to gain money in that game, unless you do a cheat/glitch. <_< >_> And I kinda wish there were more than three girls to marry. SNES spoiled me. xD

MagnusXL
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to MagnusXL

Old 03-30-2007, 09:06 PM

I've played the SNES, Another Wonderful Life (I got a discount because EB-Games gave me the female version by mistake. Never finished because I wouldn't hit on the dudes. XD), Harvest Moon 64, and Magical Melodies.

I get bored with them quickly because I advance as quickly as I can and the dialogue gets REAL repetative when people like you at max. Cocoa was my favorite crop in the series. Which is sad, because it only showed up in Magical Melodies.

I'm waiting for Rune Factory. Mainly because I want to kill things. XD

KiraYuki
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via MSN to KiraYuki

Old 03-30-2007, 09:08 PM

Harvest Moon is so fun. xD I don't know why but it's fun even though you really don't do much. D:

@Magnus: There was a female version? o.o

MagnusXL
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to MagnusXL

Old 03-30-2007, 09:20 PM

Gamecube.

Then they had an enhanced male addition, which I'll probably get.

Then again, maybe not. I have too many games on my 'to get' list.

bliss
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-30-2007, 09:22 PM

Yeah, there were a few female versions made, two released in the US. One being the GBA version that I have called "More Friends of Mineral Town," the other one being "Another Wonderful Life" for game cube. ^^

shosho
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 03-30-2007, 10:58 PM

I love the series! XD I've only played "Save the Homeland" and "Another Wonderful Life" though hahah. The characters are so adorable and I'm just so in love with the graphics! XD <3

ritalin
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-31-2007, 12:21 AM

I love Harvest Moon!! :D I have A wonderful life (GC), Magical Melody (GC), Harvest Moon DS, More friends of mIneral Town (GBA) and one in GB. I want to buy the new one in Wii.

bliss
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-31-2007, 01:16 AM

There's a Wii version? I didn't know that! ^^; I wonder how it would work. @_@;;

Demure
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-01-2007, 01:34 PM

I want to try out this game

Does anyone have any reccomendations?

Like what medium to use to play it and which versions?

I did a littl research and there's so many choices~ @_@

I'd prefer one that allows the use of a girl character =]

Or perhaps both sides.

bliss
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-01-2007, 07:19 PM

The two female versions that were released in the US were More Friends of Mineral town for the Game Boy Advance, and Another Wonderful Life for Game Cube. I have a DS but not a Game Cube, so I ended up getting the one for the GBA, but if you have both systems, I'd suggest getting whichever one you're able to find; they weren't overly popular since they follow very closely to their male versions so it might be difficult to get your hands on them. I was lucky and found mine at GameStop and the girl didn't even realize they'd had it in the store because it wasn't on display. It was still in the box and from what I could tell had only been played maybe 15 minutes by the person who owned it before me. The girl told me "You're lucky, because if I had known we had this I would have bought it myself."

Anyway, I haven't played that many of the Harvest Moon games, but I'd say you'll probably be fine with whichever version you get your hands on. ^^; It's still the same concept, but the newer ones have more features and things to do than in the older ones.

Xandra_Eiryklav
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-02-2007, 12:28 AM

I have played all of them thus far. I don't care for the one on PS2... Don't get me wrong... Kurt is awesome but the game is... lacking not being on nintendo.

I have been really into it since I got to borrow HM64... Where Popuri lived in a flowershop and where Ann was helping out with animals and Ellie was a cakemaker... Maria a librarian and Karen was an alcohol wench as always. I miss the old days where they weren't switching who was related to who... Its kind of creepy now with Magical Melody... how Ellie is related to Gray... I mean "Blue" and Ann's father is now Ellie's father... and now Basil is a young buck while Popuri is running around. I think even with evolution of a game... they should have kept with the same families... I think somewhere in all the changes people who are related have dated. >.<

Xandra_Eiryklav
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-02-2007, 01:00 AM

I will say however in Magical Melody I am totally diggin Kurt. *Goes all dreamy faintness*. Basically I am enjoying all the characters being present in the city... Not loving some of the family arrangements but eh it can be looked over. I was wondering who in the heck actually tries to win over Jaime? That thing looks scary for either gender. *shivers* Not that pixels should count but if you think about it... artistically everone rates video games aethetically and by having a really unattractive rival it kind of kills the mood for competition. Its like.. Ok I give jam to that creature with the poncho so it likes me or I beat it to getting the items for the goddess. Hmm choices.

Demure
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-02-2007, 09:39 AM

@Bliss - What exactly is game cube? x_x

I have :
Playstation 1
Playstation 2
Nitendo 64
Gameboy Colour (LOL, i think it should be spoilt by now)
Gameboy Special

and I think i'll do my searching by internet or through my most resourceful cousins 8D It rocks to have cousins who dabble in this type of industry ~<3

bliss
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-02-2007, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demure

@Bliss - What exactly is game cube? x_x

I have :
Playstation 1
Playstation 2
Nitendo 64
Gameboy Colour (LOL, i think it should be spoilt by now)
Gameboy Special

and I think i'll do my searching by internet or through my most resourceful cousins 8D It rocks to have cousins who dabble in this type of industry ~<3

Game Cube was basically Nintendo's equivalent of the Ps2. I know there was a version for the N64, but I dunno how easy it will be to get your hands on a copy. Maybe try looking up Harvest Moon on Wikipedia, it will probably list all of the versions and what systems they're for? I don't know what else to suggest.

Demure
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-03-2007, 08:04 AM

Would you playing on gameboy advance?

=]

I might just go buy both it and the game, haha

Sevi
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-03-2007, 08:25 AM

<333
I played this one for PS one X3
Loved it
I'm thinking of buying the one that came out for Ps2 is it good?
hehe I liked raising stuff~! it was fun

Tatiana Celeste
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-03-2007, 07:09 PM

Oooh I love Harvest Moon!
Ive got A wonderful life both guy and girl versions for the Game Cube
the guy and girl versions of Mineral town for the GBA
the DS harvest moon which is a lot like A wonderful life
I had Save the Homeland but I lost it in a move ;_;
I got the newest one for the GC but I havent really gotten into it yet

bliss
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-03-2007, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demure

Would you playing on gameboy advance?

=]

I might just go buy both it and the game, haha

Yeah, the other female version is on Gameboy Advance (More friends of Mineral Town), that's the version that I have. ^^;;

Tatiana Celeste
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-04-2007, 02:57 AM

Has anyone synched FoMT to AWL? Its pretty neat, you end up walking around the town and people will talk about your character in the other game.