MarcyTyson
Old Guy Posing As Young Girl ;)

Old 05-18-2011, 09:04 PM

. o O ( Please don't let me nailed for necroing... )

I'm an active user on Gaia, I just started here and the first person I met here was POLITE, and helped me out a lot.

As fer yoo grammer nazis, C'mon, haven't cha ever typed inna accent? Itsh paht of de charactar, Dahlink...

I'm also a texter, and Gaia is fulla trolls. I'm a bit dissappointed I can't bring my whole crew over here, and that I'm not allowed to have conversations with myself, I'll survive.

I do like that there are posts with more than three words in them, and I also like to read (when the text isn't skyblue on white and gives me a migrane), so it is rather a refreshing change of pace. I shall keep both sites in my rotation.

Besides, I don't care if my avi here stays inna ragged top as long as nobody rags me for it. Many times on gaia, I get spanked for stating opinion, or necroing (which ticks me off, as it was relevant, yeah, I read the rules here), or just because a mod was on the rag and I was a convienient target.

They made me a target because my avis there are not your green-blooded vampire-fish-fantasy unicorn trolls, c'mon, I'm a packrat in real life, sure, my avis are more real than most. Many state they are not one person. Apologies for bashing, or am I? Just being honest and real.

Mainly even the 14-year-old that posted in this thread may be of that Chronological age, she is Obviously rather Mature for her age, meaning she's not a squee-fangrrl idiot brainless type, and yeah, gaia has way too many of those. WAY too many.

Guys there are the main flaming trolls because they can get away with it, as well as the mules they use to be the trolls are giving them a veil of anonyminity(?) (yew know whut ah meant there), and I learned just recently, that many of the hammertrolls are mules of ADMINS...so they can spam and smarm and get away with "murder" because if you report them, well, you report them to themselves. Not fun, and not fair.

I also hate when I make a post, someone answers it with three words or less, that really irritates me, or they say "Too long, didn't read" (translation: "I'm a flaming troll with no more than three brain cells to rub together, so I'm posting a reply to make sure you know this and I get my gold for doing so.") - And what's worse, when I post something pertinent, they troll with "Bad idea." or "Horrible idea" because the jealous twits didn't think of it themselves.

*sigh* Whew, sorries, didn't mean ta vent on y'all like that, yeah, Gaia is Gaia, and Mene is Mene, each have their plusses and minuses just like a schoolyard sandbox does...learn ta play nice an yer life is golden.

I like it here, I'll be back, mostly adding to the older threads in hopes of meeting some more interesting people, who actually (and obviously) have a sense of humor.

Thanks, and if you reply to this, ping me, I'll answer!

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 05-26-2011, 02:57 PM

Hmm well as far as this Mene vs Gaia debate its safe to say I'll always be a thorough bred Menewshan(?). I've visited Gaia a few times and got the same feeling as I do when I touch something gross and need to wash my hands :lol: Basically love Mene. People are awesome and I appreciate that the staff keep trolls off our site :heart:

CrazySailorMoonFan
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-26-2011, 10:43 PM

Well Menwesha is obviously NOT Gaia
and can people STOPP reffering to the mother site of avatar sites. I mean seriously COME ON. This is not created by the people who created gaia.

fcktory

Old 06-08-2011, 08:49 AM

this is a version where i can see kind and good people :O

Idiot Savant
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-20-2011, 04:25 AM

What's wrong with them being similar?
I'm sure things you hate on this site or Gaia, many others love.

I, personally, adore Gaiaonline. I do get bored sometimes and if you do enter certain forums then there are a lot of trolls but there are also many places without them running wild, where it's not allowed, and if you don't like it then just go to one of those areas. I am very new to this site whereas I have been on Gaia since '04 and I don't think one is better than the other, really. Menewsha is smaller and definitely more friendly than Gaia can be but Gaia does have more to do which makes it understandable that people like it so much.

The fact that many users from Gaia are on this site means that there must be something similar between the two that users like.
Yes, mods are rather unfair on Gaia sometimes but I have seen staff from this site be rather rude to someone about a complaint. I do get that it gets annoying but that doesn't give you the right to be unprofessional and inconsiderate to those you're trying to help. Of course, Gaia staff is also guilty of this but I have yet to actually see it happen for myself.
Either way, it's not like this site is perfect and Gaia is awful in comparison or vise versa.

I do like Gaia but I really hope I can get into this site without users getting worked up about Gaia vs Mene. I apologize if anything I said offended anyone but I haven't been here on one day and all I have seen so far is people complaining about Menewsha being similar or saying Gaia is awful. Which is rude to the creators of both Gaia and Menewsha, seeing as they worked very hard to create something we would love. (And yes, that was to those who are for and against, you're both annoying when you compare the two or say one is better than the other.)

Sorry for the rant, I was getting a little tired after seeing so much hate.

Hayzel
[MiniMee]
Send a message via AIM to Hayzel Send a message via MSN to Hayzel

Old 07-18-2011, 02:50 AM

You honestly have to wonder why gaian's feel so threatened by Mene that they must come here and troll and bash Menewsha saying it's a 'copy'. If Gaia is so great, why do it's members come here? And why do the less mature members come here to troll and say how horrible Mene is in comparison? XD I mean honestly, it's very transparent.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 07-18-2011, 05:35 PM

I was going to comment on how ridiculous that girl is, but it seems you all have it pretty well covered! I do have to say, I too LOVE our admins!

You know, I signed up for Gaia a week or so ago, I liked the falling from the plane thing, the 'story line' etc. But then I just got bored by it. It's not like Menewsha, and I'm glad too. I haven't been back since I signed up. If I do go back, it will ONLY be to dress up because they have a feature where you can try on all of the items together you are working towards purchasing... (Pleeaaaseee make that an option here Mene staff!). But, the truth is, I've already forgotten my username and have way too much good conversation here to go back to a place like that, overrun with people like Sarah (not to bash you Sarah - saying this with love!) who are too lazy to re-read their post and correct the spelling and grammar, weather your 'smart' or 'stupid'. I'm not the best either, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to capitalize the first letter in your scentences, 'I', names, places etc. Or to add spaces between words. Pretty simple stuff I think!

Bargrim

Old 08-01-2011, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catghost View Post
Mm, fresh troll. *readies her spork*

(Ahem, aside from that) Menewsha's layout is very different from Gaia's. Considering I've been a member of Gaia for almost 6 years, not one of their past layouts look anything like this one.
Gaia uses mainly a purple color for their layouts with detailed scenes for the header along with a drop down menu, while Menewsha has none of that.
Though the structure of the forum may be what you're trying to get at, which can be attributed the fact that both originally used phpBB2.(a forum software) :)

All in all, the only thing Gaia and Menewsha share is the fact that their forum-based avatar communities. :lol:
No, it is like Go-Gaia, and it's not really trolling. You joined Gaia in 05, 06, and Gaia switched from Go-gaia to Gaia online in 04.
Menewsha does look exactly like Go gaia did, except with a blue background and more art, though I can't say if that was done on purpose or not.
In reality, it is similar to Gaia. But then again you can say Gaia is similar to Mene. It's hard to make things differ from another, and they all blur together.

lightkanna
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-02-2011, 08:55 AM

It's not exactly like Gaia. It's a forum, like Gaia but the difference is, it's not. I'm sure you're bored and you wanting to troll is obvious but if you have nothing to do but to go on other sites and claim it is like Gaia than I suggest you get a real life and troll there. It's not working for you on here so scram. Plus Mene community is way better than Gaia. The people are cool and they're not a snob like how some people on Gaia are. It makes it a better place than Gaia. :D

BondageDucky
Amelia

Old 08-09-2011, 08:13 AM

I used to be a hardcore Gaia Onliner, Menewsha is nothing like Gaia...
The vibe and people are different and aren't as annoying. ~Giggles~