Erailea
Lost soul

Old 10-03-2009, 05:50 PM

I went onto Gaia for the first time in a few days (meaning a few days after joining this) and my first reaction to my avatar was "ew, my head is so big"

XD

I've been a member of Gaia since 2003 and I've never really thought about it before. But the avatars between Menewsha and Gaia are different enough that suddenly I took notice of it.

You can post what other things you might have noticed that you never had before joining Menewsha too.

Knightess
The Lady Knight

Old 10-03-2009, 06:33 PM

I came to Menewsha from Gaia and saw the ad on tektek and my first impression was wow, the avatars actually look more like real people. Personally I like Menewsha better because the avatars look more proportionate.

Erailea
Lost soul

Old 10-03-2009, 07:03 PM

I agree with you for the most part. The only proportion thing that bugs me on here are the arms, they're a bit short XP

Mari Monn
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 10-03-2009, 08:15 PM

xD I actually was quitting Gaia when I founds this place a week or so ago. owo People are nicer, the items are better and cheaper...and the monthlys can be all worn without having to buy more than one for each pose. Atop of that yes, the avatars are a lot better, though more poses would be nice cause the arm sticking up looks kind of funny if not holding something. XD

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-03-2009, 11:25 PM

I kind of grew tired of the chibi style avatars, the adolescent is definitely a few notches better than gaia. I have been on gaia since 2004 and remember how hard it was to get gold like on here. People used to value items and their gold more, but on gaia anymore. 1K is like 100 gold is on here pretty much.

@Mari Monn ~ More poses should definitely be done on this website. I know they have a lot of catching up to do on items, but I definitely think it would be a project they should really consider taking on.

ElysiumFate
There is beauty everywhere.

Old 10-03-2009, 11:43 PM

I like the avatars much more here. I have checked Gaia everyday since I signed up for this site and I can't get over the fact that the avatars just can't compare with each other. The other ones seem so childish. I do have a bit of an issue though: I can't tell the female and male avatars apart. I don't know if this is just me or cause of the way the guys dress their avatars but I just can't tell the difference unless they are naked.

And, this is slightly off topic, but I'm glad that we have to earn our gold here and can't create a million accounts. Being naked has made me post more to get my avatar her dress. *Sigh* She will have it eventually.

Ephelie
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-04-2009, 03:39 PM

I agree with almost everyone above me: I also prefer the avatars on here. Compared to Gaia's chibified look, they look more like real people, and, to me at least, the avatars seem much more detailed. They look a bit less "botched" than the avatars on Gaia, IMHO.

@ Mari Monn: True, people are a lot nicer here! =D I think the fact that we have to earn our gold is also much more rewarding to me. ^^

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-04-2009, 03:43 PM

The main thing that I noticed when I went onto Gaia after spending some time on here was how extremely difficult it was to get people to actually talk over there, instead of just posting emotes.

I actually gave up in the end and came back over here where people converse instead of bumping/spamming.

whitebeast
(ó㉨ò)

Old 10-04-2009, 03:44 PM

I got tired of the subliminal sexy talk going on most threads I seemed to find myself in.

oRZ;;

Another-Hobo
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-04-2009, 03:50 PM

I somewhat had the same reaction to the avaters :P

When i went back on gaia after joining this i noticed how much more these avaters looked compared to Gaia's.

ichigo8504
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via Yahoo to ichigo8504

Old 10-04-2009, 07:52 PM

The avatars here are much better than Gaias. The clothes look better on avis that LOOK human. Sometimes when I am changing the look of my avi on gaia, something just doesn't fit correctly. You put tights and legwarmers, the only thing you can see are the legwarmers and just part of the stockings. Also, when you add an accessory, it comes out of your clothes as if you have a hole in them.

But the hair on the avis here look alittle bit funny. We need more hair styles!!!

@whitebeast~ I guess I am just lucky. I haven't came across any "sexy" talk.

@jellysundae~ OMG!! I know what you mean. I will have a conversation with a few people on a forum and then here comes a random bump from a NOOB. Or they will quote the first page. It says "not to quote the first page". I guess being new mean not being able to read.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 10-04-2009, 09:57 PM

owo I found it amusing that their avatars looked like they had been done in with a giant mallet...

Tijdon
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-04-2009, 10:57 PM

Cannot ever say that I did think that. But it is kinda funny how different the avatars are and how much different they look now that I have been on here more in the last few years.

Demonic Jo
Brain NOMer

Old 10-04-2009, 11:02 PM

The smaller/chibi formed avatars in Gaia are just atrocious compared to these proportional, slimmer avatars. I also noticed a difference in money hungriness if I might say. Gaia's like "ONOM NOM PPLZ MONY = <333" Menewsha is like "Donate money if you please and we will reward you with a collectible."
c:

Giraffe
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-04-2009, 11:24 PM

I actually don't mind Gaia's avatars; I think they are cute. owo
On another note, I prefer Menewsha over Gaia simply because everyone here isn't as perverted, stuck up, or just plain rude as most members on Gaia. D:

The Ultimate Begger
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-04-2009, 11:36 PM

I don't find this ones attractive, I love Gaia ones... they're hella cute and stuffs, I just look at this ones.. and they seem soo weird to me, and I still can't tell which is female from male and viceversa D=

M i n u x e
Jiggly Jell-o

Old 10-05-2009, 12:57 AM

The difference between female and male bases here is very slight. xP

On Gaia I find that the avatar body is much too small, not that it's head is big. I guess I just have a different way of thinking but it essentially means the same thing.
Here the way the clothes look on the avatars is a million times better than what you get on Gaia.

Lorwynmoontide
Watcher of Anime

Old 10-05-2009, 03:55 AM

I generally like things that are more anime-ish so I quickly decided I liked Meneshwan avatars better than Gaia's before I even joined here. I love the 30 some hair selections and however many eye choices. The CIs are WAY better because you can equip more then one variation at once. So yeah I like it here better ^_^

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Melody Send a message via MSN to Melody

Old 10-05-2009, 02:16 PM

Mene avatars have necks. xD Neck jewelry doesn't look awkward at all. I guess that is the main difference I noticed, other than the better quality of clothes that Menewsha has that is.

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-05-2009, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody Xyelle View Post
Mene avatars have necks. xD Neck jewelry doesn't look awkward at all. I guess that is the main difference I noticed, other than the better quality of clothes that Menewsha has that is.
Now that is true, the gaia avatars really don't have much of a neck to speak of.

sevie
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-05-2009, 03:10 PM

I am from 05 on gaia, and i still love the chibiness of the avatars. but i also adore the avatars on here. I too cannot tell the diff between male and female avis unless they got no clothes on here
I would adore more pose's on here.
And i am also glad people on here value gold, and their items. Sense you acctually have to work for it.

amyrex2
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-06-2009, 12:20 AM

Things match here, so it is so much easier to make a good looking avie. There all i ever seemed to wear was black, or jeans and a shirt.

It is so nice to know that if I buy a light blue pair of socks it will match my light blue dress.

I love it here.

Sakura_Madison
The Lover of Red
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Sakura_Madison Send a message via MSN to Sakura_Madison Send a message via Yahoo to Sakura_Madison

Old 10-06-2009, 04:27 AM

Gaia will always be my first luff. But, my first reaction here on Menewsha was like this:

"Eww another site that is trying to be like Gaia!"

I remember that I saw the ad on tektek and ponder around to see if I was going to join. So, I decided to go for it. Since then, I have been here on this site for about 2 years, which will be on the 11th. :D

Marshmallow-Hannah

Old 10-06-2009, 05:10 AM

I came here from Gaia, but I'm not too impressed. I really like the avatars, mostly because they're more proportionate, however the overall quality of the site has much to be desired, in my opinion. The only activities here seem to be posting on forums and playing games that crash my browser. Also, the items are very expensive. Even for the smallest item you'd have to work your butt off, and it seems tedious.

lufflysmitten

Old 10-06-2009, 05:10 AM

Um, lol.
I actually just did that today and I just joined today. I've been a member there since 05 and after looking at the aesthetics here, I went back to my other account and sorta just stared at my avatar for a while.