Head Librarian
Reading is fundamental
NPC

Old 09-07-2009, 03:36 PM

A thread for PoupeeGirl!

PoupeeGirl is a Japanese avatar site with nifty features like the ability to alter layers to your own amusement. (Want to wear your panties on top of your ballgown? Have-at!) Essentially, every item on the site is a 'rare' as they are released during a specific time period before they're retired. Events involve buying new event related items and equipping them to change the look of an event-specific background.

Now in official sticky format!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-05-2009, 08:22 PM

How many fellow Menewshans are Poupees too? I know there's a fair few of you out there ><

I joined because CK coerced me into it :P But I like it. It's cute.

For those who don't know what it is:

Poupee is a Japanese fashion-based site. You have an "avatar" to dress up but it doesn't work the way a forum-based site does.
The site's currency that you can earn is ribbons, which you use to buy clothing items from the store, or from other people in the market. But you earn these ribbons by either uploading pictures of your own items; clothes; accessories, make-up, skin-care and jewellery. Or from a few other ways such as; commenting on other people's items, changing your clothes once every day (after a certain time) and a few other little things.

When you upload a picture you gain some ribbons (never a set amount) and a clothing item for your Poupee. Which you can keep, or sell if you don't like it.

You can also collect shells, which you randomly find when you visit other Poupee's "homes" once you have 5 shells you can throw them into the Shell Spring and gain a free item (or another shell if the spring is being mean ><)

I find it a cute and interesting site. I like looking at other people's things. Though I'll admit to being a little bit horrified by how brand-obsessed a lot of these Japanese girls are. It also shocks me that so many of them who are only 15 or so have so much really expensive stuff :o

This is what I have my girl wearing today. As I'm cold so I want her in something cosy xD I have her wearing that cuddly wooly hat 95% of the time though, I tink it's cute!

Anyone else going to share shots of theirs? That's really what I want to see. So I can check out other items and find out what they're called :D

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-05-2009, 09:59 PM

This is not a double post, it's one I moved from elsewhere to put some useful info into xD

If I forget things, don't know things or get stuff wrong, CK will put me right!

Helpful Poupee Stuffs!
  • You earn 10 ribbons for logging in daily
  • Another 10 for changing your outfit daily ( or just taking another "snapshot" of the same outfit) 200 at the end of the month if you've taken a snapshot every day.
  • Clicking on the 3 hot words under the Yahoo search box will gain you a search "stamp" every day. After you have 3 of the little flower stamps you get 10 ribbons.
  • If you gain enough sutekis for an item, you get a load of ribbons, I can't remember how many you need though, 100 or more at least.
  • Poupee's day is split into 8 hour blocks, for me as I'm on GMT those times are 00:30 - 8:30, 8:30 - 4:30 and 4:30 - 00:30. During any 8 hour session you can:
    • Comment on 20 different items that others have uploaded and gain 2 ribbons each time
    • Upload up to 5 photographs of your stuff and gain ribbons and a free item each time
  • You can upload as must as you like, but after 5 in that 8 hours you won't get any ribbons or items, not until the next 8 hour period.
  • It's best to leave maybe half an hour between each upload too. If you upload all 5 pics within 10 minutes they start to stiff you and just give you a very small amount of ribbons and probably a shell instead of an item for each picture. So space your uploading out to gain the maximum benefit.
  • Shells earn you items. You mainly get these by visiting other Poupee's profiles. But again it's best to leave some time between each visit. Clicking rapidly through profiles tends to not net you anything. But if you hop to a new profile every couple of minutes or so, you should find you can collect at least 5 shells a day.
    Once you have 5 you throw them in the shell spring in Poupee town and you get an item (or another shell if it's feeling mean)
  • If you throw in 5 of the same shell you get wallpaper for your room instead of an item.

Useful links

Poupee garket price guide
Image enlarger for marketplace items - to use this: right click on the item you want to see full size and select view image. Take a look at the URL, it will look like this http://stat.pupe.ameba.jp/image/goods/4tvpsyMGcATW.png, copy the code that's inbetween goods and .png and swap it with the same bit of code in the URL of the full-sized object, hit refresh and there you go. You can see if something's nice or yuk.

There's more stuff! But I'm tired, and I don't know it all either xD

ArsenicAttitude
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to ArsenicAttitude

Old 12-05-2009, 11:33 PM

I don't have an account, but it does look like a cute game.
I love fashion games believe it or not haha.
:]

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-06-2009, 01:48 AM

This is my poupee for today!

What bothers me the most about their items is some of them don't fit properly. You can see that my tights have shifted over a pixel or two. D:

If anyone wants an invite so they start out with a little extra, send me a PM. (Or anyone who has an account, of course.)

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-06-2009, 02:59 AM

Are those the hooker boots you got for getting Yan to sign up? :lol:

I'm trying to get another shell before I go to bed...but it's illuding me at the moment!

ArsenicAttitude
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-06-2009, 03:23 AM

Oh, I made an account if you guys want to add me if you want to.
:3

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-06-2009, 07:47 PM

What did you call yourself?

ArsenicAttitude
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-06-2009, 09:30 PM

Seni.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal
Send a message via MSN to hillary84 Send a message via Yahoo to hillary84

Old 12-06-2009, 10:37 PM

I really like Poupee girl. I'm ladybug42 on there.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-07-2009, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellysundae View Post
Are those the hooker boots you got for getting Yan to sign up? :lol:

I'm trying to get another shell before I go to bed...but it's illuding me at the moment!
Yeah - those are the hooker boots. xD

I hate myself for staying up an extra 10 minutes to get that last shell... but I do it anyway. >_>;

^ Today's Poupee.

Zweres
'nanaface

Old 12-07-2009, 05:55 AM

The avatars and fashion isn't something I don't think I can really get into, but the concept is pretty creative, so I have to give props for that.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-07-2009, 02:31 PM

Yeah, it's not a guy's site xD Got to admit that. I do like the concept though. They've got it right because it keeps making me go back to see what I'm going to be able to get today xD

This is my Poupee from yesterday, not changed outfit yet today, it's not time for me yet.

Yan's been teaching me, via Skype, to take screenshots with Photoshop, as I'm dumb and didn't know how ><

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-08-2009, 12:33 AM

My Poupee today:

Yeah. I really like the way the dolls look and the layering system. The clothes I can be iffy on, but I can be iffy on any site's items. xD So that's nothing new.

Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-08-2009, 12:36 AM

I hope you guys are happy - I signed up today and I'm now addicted to yet another website. :lol:

I'm Knerd over there, too.

LoversEnd
It is only until you see the sun...

Old 12-08-2009, 01:00 AM

Those are so cute, can someone send me an invite? xD

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-08-2009, 01:26 AM

Sorry Knerd! It is a fun and cute site though :D

I've gone for a more grown up look today =3

And I got some specs so my Poupee can see where she's going ><

Loversend, we need an email address and a name for you to be able to send you an invite :yes: and while we could pull your email from your records doing that would be a bit rude ^^;; But if you send me or CK a PM with the email you want to use and just your first name or whatever, we'll send one out to you :yes:

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch
Send a message via AIM to Sizzla

Old 12-08-2009, 03:16 AM

Oh man, you guys have tempted me! T_T I realllyyy don't need another addiction, but the clothes and avatars look fun to dress. XP

Can you send me an invite? ;) I'll PM you.

Last edited by fiarra; 10-31-2010 at 11:52 PM..

ArsenicAttitude
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-08-2009, 03:21 AM

Oh add me too you guys.
The username is Seni.
If you want the email address too, just PM me.
And how did you guys get such nice clothes?
DDD:

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-08-2009, 03:39 AM

I got most of my clothes from uploading pics of my stuff :yes:

Plus I stalk the market and buy cheap things that I like. I edited a bunch of info into a second post to help people out a bit.

ArsenicAttitude
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-08-2009, 04:07 AM

Yeah, I just figured that out haha.
I received so many ribbons.
But no one is liking my stuff.
D:

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-08-2009, 04:14 AM

Yeah. I found that they like hair accessories from Claire's, and Lush products. Those are the things of mine that get suketis and comments from others :lol:

ArsenicAttitude
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-08-2009, 04:21 AM

I have a lot of Hello Kitty items that I still need to take pictures of.
All I up now is Hello Kitty slippers, a tote bag, and a notebook.

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch
Send a message via AIM to Sizzla

Old 12-08-2009, 04:46 AM

Man, I'm too lazy to take pictures of my clothes. :lol:

ArsenicAttitude
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-08-2009, 04:54 AM

Haha me too.
I have more photos to put up, but it won't load up for me.
DDD: