Victor Von Doom
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 03-22-2007, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otohime
Judging from Zurie's post, she doesn't even realize Sora, Kairi, and Riku are Disney characters...
Sora, Kairi, and Riku aren't Disney characters. They're original characters created by the companies.
Also, if they were true Disney-originals, they'd be plastered on shirts and crappy merchandise being sold in Disney Stores. Which just goes to show how unoriginal Disney has become, since they didn't create a true addition to the story like the Aladdin movies, the stories didn't have anything to whatsoever to the characters or plots of the movies involved in the games, not to mention they recycled most of the levels from the first game instead of just adding in "whole new worlds"(pun, slightly intended).
And the only reason the Final Fantasy characters were ever involved in the game is because of the fact that no real gamer would probably touch a Disney RPG to begin with. I mean, look at the sales of the other Disney games. Donald Duck: Goin' Quackers wasn't exactly a top ten seller to any crowd.

Look, the games had a good combat systems, and decent mechanics, but don't tout the game as one of the greatest things ever when all you primarly like about it is the nostalgia of interacting with your favorite childhood movies with a touch of RPG. That's fine and all, but the series truly isn't worth the hype it has received.

minty
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to minty Send a message via MSN to minty

Old 03-22-2007, 01:14 AM

The Disney aspect of the games is cute and all but it definitely isn't THE REASON I like it so much. Sora, Riku and Kairi....I adore their characters...the entire Organization are awesome badguys and the storyline is entertaining.

Just sayin', I don't get my jollies from the Disney cameos so much :3

binoftrash
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-22-2007, 01:33 AM

Kingdom hearts is a cool set of games ^^ I am hoping to see number 3. I have number 1 and I have seen the cut scenes to number 2.

Otohime
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-22-2007, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Von Doom
Sora, Kairi, and Riku aren't Disney characters. They're original characters created by the companies.
I stopped reading here.

"Four new major DISNEY characters (Sora, Riku, Kairi and the Heartless) debut alongside more than 100 beloved DISNEY characters including Jafar from Disney's Aladdin, Clayton from Disney's Tarzan TM, Hades from Hercules, The Queen of Hearts from Disney's Alice in Wonderland and many more"

http://buenavistagames.go.com/produc...HeartsPS2.html

Victor Von Doom
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 03-22-2007, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Quote:
I stopped reading here.

"Four new major DISNEY characters (Sora, Riku, Kairi and the Heartless) debut alongside more than 100 beloved DISNEY characters including Jafar from Disney's Aladdin, Clayton from Disney's Tarzan TM, Hades from Hercules, The Queen of Hearts from Disney's Alice in Wonderland and many more"

Really? Reeeeeally? I guess I missed them in Home on the Range or on ToonDisney. They don't appear in ANY other Disney or Square product, license, or game other than Kingdom Hearts. And who designed them? Tetsuya Nomura, who designs for Squaresoft, not Disney. They're original characters created for the game. End of story. Until Disney decides to use the rights to whore the characters out for shit merchandise and spin off cartoons, they are not Disney characters. They're Disney/Square lovechilds. Oh, and the KH action figures are a Square-Enix product ... and y'know, I've NEVER seen them at the Disney stores around here.

Just because someone doens't agree with you doesn't mean you should disregard their post. All that is is showing you have no basis to debate.

Victor Von Doom
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 03-22-2007, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alegretto
Kingdom Hearts I was awesome. I found it pissingly annoying that you had to repeat all the worlds at least once, but all in all it was a fun game.

Chain of Memories was.... interesting. The card battling was an interesting concept, and they pulled it off quite well. The theme was a little hokey, but IT HAD MARLUXIA. <3

I was severely disappointed in KH II, though. The pointless intro level was ridiculously long, and my biggest complaint was that Sora and Co spent too much time doing retarded mini-games and chasing after the second-rate and pointless villains (ie. Pete), when they should have been going after the bigger, badder, and way more interesting Organization XIII. The Organization was awesome. I was pissed that KH didn't focus more on them. Xigbar needed more screen time, damn it!

Axel was lame in KH II too. He was a badass in Chain of Memories, but they made him such pussy yaoi fodder in KH II. I liked him better as a double-crossing dick. ;_;

Another complaint about KH II also was that you had to visit every world twice. Or four times, as in the case of Atlantis. -shudders- WHAT THE HELL WAS UP WITH THAT PLACE?! Finny Fun? WHAT THE HELL?

The Nightmare before Christmas level was significantly less awesome in KH II. I was sad. On the other hand, the Pirates of the Carribean Level rocked so hard my head nearly exploded form the sheer awesome of it. The only thing it lacked was Pintel and Ragetti. ;_;
*lawls; in Russian accent* I LIKE you leetle man! You make me larf!

Otohime
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-22-2007, 02:01 AM

Quote:
All that is is showing you have no basis to debate.
That's because there's nothing to debate, you silly. <3

Victor Von Doom
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 03-22-2007, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Quote:
All that is is showing you have no basis to debate.
That's because there's nothing to debate, you silly. <3
I accept your apology.

Alegretto
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Alegretto Send a message via MSN to Alegretto

Old 03-22-2007, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Quote:
I stopped reading here.

Sora and Co. are official Disney characters. IN JAPAN. In the USA's Disney-scope... not so much.

minty
*^_^*

Old 03-22-2007, 08:06 AM

I pre-ordered the Final Mix+ import last week.

I cannot wait to get my hands on that thing. :D

[ morph ]
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-25-2007, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minty

oh i so want to play that! and i have 2 problems
1 i dont know how to get that disc to put on my US ps2 [ i dont remember what its called sorry ]
2 i cant read or speak well enough japanese to understand whats going on [ i know the reading part is going to be the main problem ]
but either way im hoping ill try and get it. [ i want to fight all the CoM Organization 13 so bad its killin me!! ]
did any one hear about the 'Mushroom Kingdom Hearts' that is coming out for the Wii? i think its fake. [ i think the magazine it was said was in EGM ]
http://www.joystiq.com/2007/03/10/ma...ingdom-hearts/

minty
*^_^*

Old 03-25-2007, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ morph
]
Quote:

1 i dont know how to get that disc to put on my US ps2 [ i dont remember what its called sorry ]
2 i cant read or speak well enough japanese to understand whats going on [ i know the reading part is going to be the main problem ]
but either way im hoping ill try and get it. [ i want to fight all the CoM Organization 13 so bad its killin me!! ]
did any one hear about the 'Mushroom Kingdom Hearts' that is coming out for the Wii? i think its fake. [ i think the magazine it was said was in EGM ]

I don't speak/read Japanese either but I figure I know the story well enough to know what is happening and I'll figure out the controls myself.

And I saw that Mushroom KH thing but I heard it was an early April Fools joke? They did a great job dressing Mario up with a keyblade though! :3

stilettolover
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to stilettolover

Old 03-25-2007, 11:53 PM

It's fake. Squaresoft only puts out games for Sony. Kingdom Hearts is a Squaresoft engine with Disney characters and storyline.

[ morph ]
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-26-2007, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ morph
]
Quote:

I don't speak/read Japanese either but I figure I know the story well enough to know what is happening and I'll figure out the controls myself.

And I saw that Mushroom KH thing but I heard it was an early April Fools joke? They did a great job dressing Mario up with a keyblade though! :3
yeah. i think that kh should come out as a wii game. cause then we could do the actions with the characters. [ although i dont have a wii but my friend has one but i got to try it and it was pretty cool ] ^.^'

Alegretto
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Alegretto Send a message via MSN to Alegretto

Old 03-26-2007, 03:57 PM

Squaresoft and Nintendo aren't exactly the best of friends. ;o Yes, Chain of Memories IS on the GBA, but just about everyone has a game on the GBA or DS. Square just likes Sony better.

secretdae007
The Colors of a Dae

Old 03-26-2007, 10:39 PM

Kingdom Hearts has so pretty nifty graphics and a fairly good story line but it's just not for me. I don't like playing young characters for the most part... Just part of my personality I guess.

FinalBlackMage
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-28-2007, 07:22 PM

I love them! I was always iffy about them but then my bf's little brother got the first one and started playing it and it looked really cool. So I asked for both of them for my christmas present and beat them pretty quickly. I have to say, I was expecting more out of the second one. I don't know why, but I guess all the hype and people going crazy over Organization XIII made me vision it as a better game. It was disappointing. I don't even recommend playing KHII to my friends at times. I completed the first one, which I've never done with a game before, and I was actually kind of proud. My only regret is that Sephiroth wasn't actually as hard as everybody claimed... and now I don't really have a reason to play it again... *sigh* Fantastic game though *loves KH* XD
Though, there were a few ood parts of KHII, it wasn't all bad. I liked the Mulan world, I liked the huge battle with the FF characters, I didn't like Sora and the gang not knowing who Sephy was *sigh* But oh well... Tron was pretty cool too, and I like the Pride Lands. Gummy Ship levels were 100 times worse and I loathed them.

bliss
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-30-2007, 11:15 PM

Eh, I was never a fan of Kingdom Hearts. I own the first game but I just couldn't manage to play through it. I really didn't like that they were mixing Disney characters with Square characters, it seemed too unnatural to me. It's just not my thing, I guess. ^^;;;

Balthier
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-02-2007, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Look, the games had a good combat systems, and decent mechanics, but don't tout the game as one of the greatest things ever when all you primarly like about it is the nostalgia of interacting with your favorite childhood movies with a touch of RPG. That's fine and all, but the series truly isn't worth the hype it has received.
I am a huge fan of the first game, and I enjoyed the second one, but I have to agree with the hype factor. This happens with anything Disney puts it's name to. Look at all the anime that disney "was a part of"? I'm not saying the titles are good or bad, not here to debate that, but they do tend to be considered these masterpieces which win awards, and for most of them that I've watched, I just don't see it. In the end, if something is from Disney, or has Disney somewhere involved, forget reviews, forget awards. Just experience it for yourself not in the "this is supposed to blow my mind" way of thinking. I love Disney, but they are silly sometimes.

Riddle
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-02-2007, 10:13 AM

I too loved these games. I have to admit that the battle system in the second one is way more fluid than in the first... however, I didn't notice this until I played the first AFTER beating the second a few times :P

Honestly though, some say the storyline of the first flows better. I wouldn't really know... I'm blinded by the awesomeness of the gameplay to care about silly plot lines :twisted:

The best part is... the gummi ship part of the second game can and does provide hours of fun :P me n' my friend spent a couple hours just buildin' new ships, and flyin' them through various areas to see how high a score we could get. He built a perfect model of the Great Fox starship XD it was awesome.

Oh, and don't forget those awesome fights against Sephiroth... always a treat :D

Otohime
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-02-2007, 10:14 AM

I HATE the Gummi Ships. >_>;

Riddle
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-02-2007, 10:15 AM

oh, and on one more minor note... it turns out that donald/goofy actually do help out in a fight... even though it may not seem like it XD

I once forgot to equip their abilities for a couple levels, and found myself dying quite a bit at certain parts after a while.

Riddle
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-02-2007, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Aww, but it's fun to build stuph that can shoot things at other stuph :wink:

Balthier
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-02-2007, 03:32 PM

Quote:
I loved them in the first game, because after the Dalmations you could make anything, but the second game just made no sense to me. They completely over complicated both the gameplay and how you build them. It wasn't a huge part of the game so I didn't bother spending my time figuring it out.

In the first game I was proud of my chocobo with the most guns possible. It made me happy.

Sevi
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-03-2007, 01:34 AM

I luuuuuv Kingdom hearts!! heeh it's really good and I can't wait for KH III It's going to be awesome~ Personaly I liked Kingdom Hearts I better, it was the towns!! they had better towns at first I couldn't believe some towns where so unpulished in Kingdom Hearts II, Christmas Town was so awesome in the first one and in the second it was... so bad.. x____X there were more doors or.. I don't know places to go in the first one x___x so I liked the towns better, I like the plot of kingdom hearts II better hehe I didn't like so much the let's chase the king all over like crazy and princesses and I loved Organization XIII and heartless... it was a little deeper, me think XDD

I hated Gummi ships!!! They suck.. and I wish they take them off in Kingdom hearts III v.v; I just didn't feel like traveling in them x___X I want to know what it's going to be about T____T I hate MickeyxMimi! XDD... I need them dead lol I like all the other Disney characters x_x coz I love Disney! <3