Takuto
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Takuto Send a message via MSN to Takuto

Old 07-28-2007, 02:56 PM

It was an okay movie.
I was really dissappointed since they never show Ron as a seeker! It was mostly a whole movie about "Harry." It would not have been bad if they switch the thunder to someone else. Overall it was a good movie to translate into 3 hours though.

Luumi
*^_^*

Old 07-28-2007, 05:11 PM

My friends didn't like the movie because they were comparing it to the book the whole time. I, on the other hand, hadn't read the book in forever so I was just watching the movie for the movie. Not the movie for the book. I thought it was a really good movie. Who cares if they left Quidditch out? Who cares if they tweaked the plot a little to make things flow better? Who cares if they decided to include an irrrelevant (That's probably spelled wrong...) scene or not?

So if anyone goes to see the movie, try very hard not to compare it to the book.

Enniel
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-30-2007, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plum
I'm really really hoping that Ootp is better than GoF.
I seen so many previews for it, so far they look awesome!
I really also can't wait to see "Snape's Worst Nightmare" scene.
Hes my fave character. :)

Plus bella is just so scary! o_0 She scares me more than Voldemort..
I also can't wait to see Luna! Shes an awesome character in the book!
the actress for bellatrix did an AMAZING job
same with umbridge, she was perfect for that role
and luna is cute ^^ just as a i pictured her

Enniel
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-30-2007, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takuto
It was an okay movie.
I was really dissappointed since they never show Ron as a seeker! It was mostly a whole movie about "Harry." It would not have been bad if they switch the thunder to someone else. Overall it was a good movie to translate into 3 hours though.

oh yea!! i totally forgot about that!! people have been talking about how much they left out but to be honest, i havnt read the book since it came out so dont remember much!

Bellazure
Dead Account Holder

Old 07-30-2007, 08:48 PM

I liked it just as much as I liked the fourth.
I like all Harry Potter movies and books though.
I wish they showed more Quidditch! I wanted to see Ron play

Lady Taurus
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to Lady Taurus Send a message via MSN to Lady Taurus Send a message via Yahoo to Lady Taurus

Old 07-30-2007, 09:21 PM

I have read the first 4 books and I'm halfway through book number 5. I have seen all the movies including the most recent one. I went to the midnight premier and I loved it. I do think that Harry Potter has become to freaky for kids eventhough they started out as kids books.

Seiki Nova
Wishing on Shooting Stars

Old 08-01-2007, 06:08 AM

I don't understand what you mean by it's become freaky. It hasn't changed, except that with the journey that the characters has gotten much darker than the Sorcerer's Stone. And it will just keep getting darker. That's how the series goes.

Hoshi
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Hoshi

Old 09-02-2007, 01:46 AM

I liked it a lot.
But it Sucked Cause My Friend and I Cried at the end.
SO wasn't ready for that.
And My Friend Warned me that We'd cry.
But it was good.
only bad this was they All needed hugs.
Badly.

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch
Send a message via AIM to Sizzla

Old 09-02-2007, 06:21 PM

It was a totally decent rendition of the book, though all HP movies sadden me because there's so much stuff that is left out of the movies! I wish they'd include more, because I feel like all of the story isn't there and is lacking detail.

I'm ready and waiting for the next movie already! XP

Queen Fool
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Queen Fool

Old 09-03-2007, 01:48 AM

I cried when Sirius died.

I'll cry when Dumbledore dies in the next movie.

And I'll definetly cry when all the other people die in the 7th movie.

I cry easy when it comes to books/movies (which is rather odd, considering I'm not a big crier in real life)

Rinali Lee
*^_^*

Old 09-03-2007, 08:43 PM

The only reason I even went to see the fifth movie was because I had a movie pass and nothing to see (at the time)

For some reason, I expected better of this movie than the previous four. Silly me. D:

Although the actors/actresses were chosen very well. Whoever played Umbridge did a wonderful job--I loved Luna, too, although she seemed more dreamy than loony, to me.

It was just that the overall movie was extremely bad, in my opinion. D:

...wait. Did I already say all of this in here?! D: There's so many HP threads now. Or there were, at least.

I have a feeling that the seventh movie will be the best.

Yeah
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-05-2007, 10:32 PM

I took my son and his friend to see the movie, it was pretty good. I usually do wait for everything to come out on dvd, movie theaters are too expensive, but my son really wanted to see it so I took him.

Silhouette
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Silhouette

Old 09-06-2007, 05:37 PM

I've seen the movies, save OotP, and read all the books. Granted these were via friends and so there are big gaps in between each reading, but overall...it was an interesting world but I wish it was developed better.

I personally like her secondary characters better than the Trio or the other characters she tried to establish early on. I don't know why the Draco/Harry rivalry fizzled out towards the last few books, or why Harry was angsting every other chapter. It was getting quite annoying and I'm glad it ended.

I really like Tonks and Luna and that's the main reason I haven't seen the movie adaptation because they screwed around with the previous five so why would these be any better? I might check it out if it's still in theatres but most likely I'll rent it.

Eyelash Wishes

Old 09-08-2007, 02:55 AM

Oh, I saw Harry Potter: Order of the Phoenix, a very interesting movie, saw it in the summer with a few friends, I wouldn't recommend it for younger kids, they would think it's boring and wouldn't get the point of the movie.

ln(e)
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-10-2007, 02:48 AM

Bad movie. Why? Too short. No character developement. The funny bits got left out. Good book however. I read it in 1 day the day it came out..

Murmuring Lullaby
*^_^*

Old 09-12-2007, 07:01 AM

I thinks it is a good movie overall.
I thought it was kinda of short though.

My friend didn't like it as much as the fourth movie.
Probably because most of the action was at the end of the movie.

[.Wingless.Butterfly.]
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via AIM to [.Wingless.Butterfly.] Send a message via MSN to [.Wingless.Butterfly.] Send a message via Yahoo to [.Wingless.Butterfly.]

Old 09-23-2007, 04:17 AM

Honestly, I don't see how ANYONE could have liked that movie. It was the absolute worst of all the movies. Not joking.

I mean, seriously. The only good Harry Potter movies were the first and second one. I didn't like the books of those, because it was slightly slow, still introducing everything to the storyline overall. I liked those two movies because of the director. Chris Columbus. He tried to get as much detail into the movies, without them becoming as long as the Lord of the Ring series.

The fifth one cut out major important details. Order of the Phoenix is the LONGEST book of the series. So far? Its the shortest movie. David Yates did a horrible job at being the director. I would be begging for Chris Columbus to come back. He was the only director out of all of them that gave the books some justice.

Anyone who thinks this movie was the best, or even 'good' needs to sit down and read the BOOK.

<3 Wingless.

MissNobody

Old 09-26-2007, 03:11 PM

This movie was rather dissapointing .. Way too much talking and confusion and way too little action and drama.

2/5 stars.

Btw; The 2nd movie is the best .. ^w^

Kei
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-26-2007, 11:24 PM

The fifth movie was horrible
Dx
It kept skipping a bunch of parts
I wouldn't recomend it