Witch
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-11-2007, 11:08 AM

This is PC console game based from a mystery novel series under the same name.

Nancy Drew is a game about detective where we have to solve the mysterious cases.

I have at least 5-6 of the earliest games. Still hunting for the rest...

It's quite fun and amusing actually.. :lol:

Does anyone play or follow this game?

Released games so far:

* Secrets Can Kill (1998)

* Stay Tuned for Danger (1999)

* Message in a Haunted Mansion (2000)

* Message in a Haunted Mansion (GBA) (2000)

* Treasure in the Royal Tower (2001)

* The Final Scene (2001)

* Secret of the Scarlet Hand (2002)

* Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake (2002)

* The Haunted Carousel (2003)

* Danger on Deception Island (2003)

* The Secret of Shadow Ranch (2004)

* Curse of Blackmoor Manor (2004)

* Secret of the Old Clock (2005)

* Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon (2005)

* Danger By Design (2006)

* The Creature of Kapu Cave (2006)

* White Wolf of Icicle Creek (due out 2007)

(for those who think you see me posting this somewhere else in forum on another website... *cover your eyes*....You're just halusinating! Shush! XD )

Atarashii
n/a

Old 03-13-2007, 07:34 AM

I've seen them around, and have considered purchasing at least one to try it out but in the end have never done so.

Eh. I never was a Nancy Drew fan, even though I enjoyed the series, more-or-less.

Now if they released games for the Hardy Boys ... XD;;

As someone who's played it, is there anything else you could say about it?

Julianna
(。・ω・&...
Send a message via MSN to Julianna

Old 03-17-2007, 07:32 PM

• Ohh I remember I was going to buy one of the Nancy Drew games, but I ended up not, because my dad was going to be the one who payed, and I was only like eleven at the time, and I didn't really know if I would like it. >.<

But the game did seem fun, also, I heard that there's going to be a Nancy Drew movie coming out soon. ^^

Witch
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-09-2007, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atarashii
I've seen them around, and have considered purchasing at least one to try it out but in the end have never done so.

Eh. I never was a Nancy Drew fan, even though I enjoyed the series, more-or-less.

Now if they released games for the Hardy Boys ... XD;;

As someone who's played it, is there anything else you could say about it?
  • You're in the luck then!
    I think in one of the latest game, the Hardy Boys appeared as guest characters!.
    ...Although I couldn't remember which one was it, ^^;;;
    Maybe it's in Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon.

I like all the games of Nancy Drews I've tried so far.
    There are always 2 level detective options, and lots of secret passages and clues to follow.
    Even after finishing a case you could still replay it and found out you're missing alternative endings or more hidden clues and secret scenes. <3<3

I'm very bad at sticking to the plot through following the clues though.
    Usually I would end up searching and browsing to all the clues in a room without randomly and jumping here and there through the scenes, and end up getting lost on what to do next or finishing the game at double-tripple times than necessary. ^^;;;

Witch
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-09-2007, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julianna
  • Ohh I remember I was going to buy one of the Nancy Drew games, but I ended up not, because my dad was going to be the one who payed, and I was only like eleven at the time, and I didn't really know if I would like it. >.<

But the game did seem fun, also, I heard that there's going to be a Nancy Drew movie coming out soon. ^^
  • Yes, here is the link to the official site for the movie.

I honestly don't know how they gonna do it, since in the game, we never actually see what Nancy Drew herself looks like because we're playing as her character.

For this Movie, I heard Julia Robert's niece(?), Emma Roberts, is going to play as Nancy Drew. I can't wait to see it. XD

I actually never watched the novel books at all, but after playing several of the game, I become familiar with Nancy and the people in her world. ^.^=

You should give the game a try sometime. :wink:

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 04-10-2007, 05:54 AM

Oh my gosh, I have a copy of Treasure in the Royal Tower and I never actually finished it. I got lost in the hotel easily, and I don't know where the heck I'm going -- to some basement supposedly but it's really dark and I don't wanna go XD I did grab a walkthrough off GameFAQs for it though. To be quite honest, I wasn't the one who bought it, but a previous tenant in my house just left it after they moved so I took it ^^

The movie seems REALLY different from the novel and the game. I didn't expect a pre-teen girl, I expected like, a more older teenager for novel version, and with the ingame voice I expected someone mature.

Legend
Dead Account Holder
n/a
Send a message via AIM to Legend

Old 04-10-2007, 06:05 AM

I went to Target the other day and there was a couple of them..

Never played any of them before, but they sure seem interesting. xD

Are they worth the money though? Like, how long does it take to finish a game?

Lehila
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to Lehila

Old 06-26-2007, 07:40 AM

i played the message in a haunted mansion on gba. well, i tried to cause in this one moment i was stuck, not knowing what to do next D: i just couldn't make anything up so i got upset and stopped playing T.T;

Aleu
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-30-2007, 03:16 AM

There is one reason I am posting in this thread, and that is to share the odd tidbit that "Kapu" is the name of one of my OC's I had at least a year before "Kapu Cave" came out >.>

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 07-04-2007, 08:47 AM

I've been playing my game more actually and it's really fun :D The problem is that I don't really like dark, scary places but hey I'm used to the game layout though (especially since I found a guide for it). I recently also went to my local Target store and found some other Nancy Drew games that are out and I wanna buy some of them. Any recommendations for really good ones? Nothing on ancient Egypt though, please and thank you.

Sassandra
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-08-2007, 04:04 PM

I love reading the books. so naturally i would go for the game. it was too confusing. i kept getting stuck. so i went back to just reading the books. i have every book that's ever been eleased and i'm looking forward to the movie. though it doesn't look at all like it fits the books.

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 07-25-2007, 01:31 AM

Yay, I just finished Treasure in the Royal Tower yesterday ^_^ now I need to go out and buy a new game ROFLMAO!!

Lady Taurus
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to Lady Taurus Send a message via MSN to Lady Taurus Send a message via Yahoo to Lady Taurus

Old 07-30-2007, 02:32 AM

I have the first 12 and I love them. I hope to get them all someday but right now I'm spending most of my money on college and other important things.

khomi
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-17-2007, 07:45 PM

Aww I love the Nancy Drew games! I have a good handful, and borrowed some of my friends'.

I think they provide good entertainment for those who like mysteries, solving things, puzzles, and adventure and what not.

When I was younger, I use to be a little bit scared (only because I didn't want something random to attack me XDD; And because I'm such a scaredy cat). But now I'm quite fine.

Treasure in the Royal Tower was really fun. It took me a really long time, but, again, I played it when I was much younger. I liked Stay Tuned for Danger as well.

The last one I completed (just a few days ago actually) was Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon, and it did indeed feature the Hardy Boys. However, I found it incredibly short. I only had to use a walkthrough about once, and not even for the ending (which, when I was younger, I'd always go to for). I finished it within like, 2 days. It wasn't very long.

I also have the Secret of the Old Clock which I have yet to start.

darkvineyard
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to darkvineyard

Old 10-25-2007, 04:15 PM

Ohmigosh, I own every Nancy Drew game that's out! I love those games!! >< hahahaha

I've beat every single one except for Message in a Haunted Mansion -- and I actually got to the very end, but I couldn't drop the chandelier in time, so technically I beat it, but officially, I didn't. ):

And I didn't beat Stay Tuned For Danger, because I got stuck at the part where I had to use the code to open the briefcase, and something went wrong, so I never got a chance to finish that one. But I beat the rest of them! *big grin*

I want to chat about my love for Nancy Drew with you guys! *big grin* hahaha