Satan
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-14-2007, 05:25 AM

1. First of all, for those who don't understand already: http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=802254
    I came across this product on GameStop.com. It's a device you can plug into your PC, so long as it has broadband connection, to access the Nintendo WiFi connection in your very home.

Yes, you can already do this. If you have wireless internet. Some of us don't. Like me, for example. So this excited me for a while, until I read the fine print of the product. I guess it's not too surprising, but I was really looking forward to being able to go on WiFi without having to walk a mile to McDonalds.

Do you own a WiFi USB Adaptor? Is it effective? (I heard it's a little laggy, or a little on the bad side when used for a Wii.)
    Or already have Wireless internet?
    Or maybe just run on down to the nearest WiFi Hotspot you can find?

I don't know if there was a discussion about this or not, but I'm sorry if there was.

PS: This is, in no way, an advertisement for GameStop. ._.;
    I'm hoping that by the time I and my lover both have DSes (only I have one right now), and the games we want to use it with, that there will be a new product to allow dial-up hook-up to WiFi Connection.
    If that's even possible, I mean. Feel free to input on the probability or possibility of this, too.

Some Random Randomness
Absolutely Malignificient King o...

Old 06-14-2007, 12:37 PM

I got lucky.

For Christmas I asked for a computer, and since my step-father didn't want to run a internet line upstairs to my bedroom, I got wireless internet. I would actually prefer a internet line because it goes faster and I wouldn't get disconnected like I do all the time with wireless internet.

But anyways, on with my story.

So I got the wireless internet. I also got for my birthday, a few months after Christmas, a Nintendo DS. I didn't know I could hook it up with wireless internet until someone told me. I was happy.

But the problem with hooking it up with wireless internet is that if firewalls or other protective programs are on your computer, it makes it extremely difficult or impossible to actually log on to them.

When I would play Animal Crossing I would get an error 50% of the time. It gets real annoying.

The Mystical Spoon
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to The Mystical Spoon Send a message via MSN to The Mystical Spoon

Old 06-14-2007, 01:13 PM

I too considered buying a WiFi adaptor, But I went out and bought a new wireless router instead. installed it today (yay!) took me twenty minutes to gewt the internet to work on my pc, but about ten seconds on the Wii and on my mom's DS.
Even now the pc refuses to acknowledge the presense of the internet at times. :<
On the topic of it being with Dialup, i don't think it would, as narrowband internet doesn't have the same networking capabilities as broadband, but they might find a way.

Satan
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-19-2007, 03:50 AM

1. I'm thinking of switching from my $9.99/month dial-up to Yahoo!'s $19.99/month DSL, just so I can have better internet, and also have access to the WiFi USB Adaptor. v_v;

But I've never had DSL before. Or even know what my house phone line's service provider is, to see if Yahoo!'s DSL uses it.

Rusalka
(。☉౪ ⊙&...
Send a message via MSN to Rusalka

Old 06-20-2007, 08:57 PM

I bought this a long time ago for my Nintendo DS and I hadn't gotten it to work the first time I tried. Now it works perfectly for me and though it says to stay within three feet of the adapter I managed it to work across my apt and had my bedroom closed and everything.

So I've had no troubles from it and I'm glad I've got it. Haven't tried it for Wii though because I don't have the system.

Kitsuta
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-21-2007, 09:46 PM

I have the Wi-Fi adapter for the DS, not quite sure if it's different from the Wii version. It works great for the DS, but compared to my wireless internet(it wasn't compatible with the DS but it works fine with the Wii) it's *really* slow. That's all I can tell you though, sorry.

Degnne
Child of Atom

Old 06-22-2007, 12:18 AM

I've had the adapter for about a year now and have had no problems with it until recently. And that's only that it doesn't work with Vista yet. :(

Sassandra
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-08-2007, 04:48 PM

was this something about internet connection or is this something that has to do with online games? i think the original message of this thread was lost somewhere. plus i'm confused.

mooglebunny
Truly, truly outrageous!
Send a message via MSN to mooglebunny

Old 07-08-2007, 06:15 PM

I dunno, I have never gotten disconnected from wifi from any computer, but I did once using my DS, but I was just doing the GTS thing on Pokemon Diamond, so it wasn't a big deal. @_@ Ours isn't fast, but that's because we'd have to update our satellite internet to a faster speed. D:

I didn't have the wifi at my old house, because I lived with my dad, and I considered getting the thing, but I never could. D: