SEG
*^_^*

Old 07-23-2007, 05:08 AM

Ryv nearly leapt out of her skin, and definitely out of her chair, doing some sort of insane somersaulting spring through the air, slinking bemusedly back into Jkelo's chair. He definitely didn't need to say that twice. She made to slam her foot against the accelerator, glowering heatedly at the controls before her, then in turn, the floor, which bore no long skinny thing on the right. With a complacent roll of her almond-shaped eyes, she slid an elbow across the panel, sinking her crescent shaped face into her outstretched palm. With a dulled look of boredom, Ryv slammed her fist against the button, just for the hell of it. 'Of course,' she muttered pointedly, as her turquoise orbs meandered about the panel lazily, 'Stupid Jkelo is too short to use normal means of acceleration.'

A vehement vibrating reverberated throughout the sleek vehicle, it's oily purr much different than the clanking and clunking Ryv was accustomed too. She scoffed as she finally located it—a long, wide lever at her right, which she immediately latched her firm grasp upon. 'Let's get ready to rock this joint, rock this joint!' she sang exuberantly, the starkly straight forest green locks of her long ponytail bouncing as she ground the heavy leaver backwards until it was pressed flat. A siphoning suction-like force gripped Ryv as the ship lurched fitfully into the glittering obsidian skies above the planet. 'YOW!' she screamed, absently punching a few codes into the touch screen before her, an action that allowed her the luxury of cruise control. This she took full advantage of, over-riding the pre-ordained navigation codes with a few of her own. There was the screech of metal against metal, likely rusted due to lack of use, as the floorboards cranked open, a very old and outdated steering wheel emerging to her right. The base was made of a very malleable coil-like tube, which she bent so it would rest a bit above her lap.

She jerked it sharply to the right, laughing as she questioned, 'Everyone on their toes?' And, for an extra measure, she yanked hard on the left side, stifling her immature amusement. It may not have been clear her motives, as Ryv could prove to be a very hard woman to read at times, however there was a certain method to her madness. She was checking to make sure the archaic technology was still functional, as she knew Jkelo never used it, because, in her own haughty opinion, he was a huge wimp. Ryv, on the other hand, was intimately acquainted with such things, as her ship was quite old and had nothing but the sleek roundness of a wheel to guide her through space.

'Alrighty,' she said as she bounced up in Jkelo's chair, now facing them and not the nice scenic view provided by the large window before her. Her hands were freed of the controls as she addressed them, her feet doing all the work as she continued, 'Where am I suppose to flying this trash heap?' She kicked the wheel down low, narrowly missing the bumper of a stalled ship as they tore right on by directly below it, yanking the wheel back into place to return to their previous flight course now that their path was clear.

All she needed was a short, sweet description of their destination, as she confident in her knowledge of this area, and many surrounding. Oh, and there was Sr. Axe on her tail, whom she'd like to loose as soon as possible. So, her eyes met theirs anxiously as she continued to steer in a particularly boring straight line.

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 07-23-2007, 06:50 PM

"Ahh... finally" Axe muttered as he watched the ship take off in to space. It had taken a while for the bandits to get underway but Axe was pleased to see them go. His virus was successfully implanted in to their navigational system and their every move was recorded and sent back.

He got up to take a leak and once he sat back down he powered up the ship and set it to cloak. He took off very slowly, not wanting to seem overzealous at following them but he follow them until he landed. He didn't feel like a dog fight in space. He needed them alive and he wouldn't be able to explain why he didn't wait to the captain.

SEG
*^_^*

Old 07-27-2007, 05:29 AM

The ship had a deadly silence creeping about it, and now Ryv's unanswered calls and questions simply hung in the stiff air, ringing in her head as she stared listlessly into the deep, dark black of space. The screens providing a tail-end view of the ship provided nothing other what lay ahead, dead, dark, boring space. She produced a flabbergasted sigh as she sank deflatedly into the chair, pressing her form into Jkelo's mould, simply because she was looking for some trouble to cure her instantaneous boredom. The series of irritable indiscernible sounds, proved to be words of heavy scorn and belittlement in her native tongue, trickling down from her lips like poison, 'O vystyr eir shaedol tyrdas.'

She then rolled her eyes, giving up on the hopes for a high-speed, demolition derby style race through space, as well as a highly dramatic crash-landing on some foreign planet who's only inhabitants were the wimpy cop who was cowardly shielding himself, and a man who's height was proportionate to his captaining. She shrugged, but then it came to her. The corners of her lips drew into a firm smirk, as if being pulled by her ascending forest brows. She patiently drew down upon the accelerator, the ships speed smoothly dropping until they merely hung there, suspended in the nothingness. Like before, it took her a couple moments to familiarize herself with Jkelo's controls, but when she found it, her eyes lit up like a Christmas tree. It was a tiny knob, various increments printed circularly about it's rim. With one click, it rose to .2468, another .5467. Click after annoying click, as the dial was surprisingly hard to twist, proving to be yet another test of Ryv's thinning patience.

Finally, they hit the smallest number, to which the ship began spinning on an invisible axis. Each spin steadily grew faster, their world whirling by without any haste until all became one singular blur. For each click Ryv had produced from the dial, an deafening crack resounded. The last one rang in their ears, their surroundings steadily coming into view-- a desolate rocky terrain mesmerized Ryv's swimming vision as she absently parked their vehicle.

She leapt from her seat, silently surveying each crew member's face in the glimmering reflection of the window before her, to which she said, 'Now we wait.'

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 08-02-2007, 02:10 AM

Jkelo's eyes watered at the sight. His baby had been desecrated, left for the vultures, picked and torn through. It seemed that much of his personal touches to his love were gone. Gold and Trithlium plated combines and silver/grostien coated warp coils, even his granite slab that just sat in a certain place with all sorts of odd trinkets glued down was missing. It had taken him years to accumulate and glue those baubles to the unforgiving granite, and in such a pattern that created a pneumonic resonance unique to his ship that amplified the warp and feed waves that powered the ship. He was quite proud of his decorated rock and began to weep at the sight of destruction.
A quick shift in space followed by a second one caught Jkelo off guard, he fell flat on his back side. Looking up from the ground he saw to his surprise that his ship had followed the emergency protocol he had written in YEARS ago. His friend Berrueal had assured him that if he ever found himself in the captive hands of either prison or rival bandits the ship would defend it's self. Jkelo laughed hard, rocking on the ground, his hooved feet flailing in the air. Most of his ship's internal workings, the bits he had modified, had shifted position onto the ceiling, the safest place ever. No one ever bothered to look up when they went to strip a ship. He cackled and bawled as he rolled on the floor pointing upwards. His baby saved herself and now he was going to find a way to save her and them all.

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-02-2007, 06:53 AM

Axe flew nonchalantly after the bandit ship. The way they tore out of there, rolling and missing a few other ships suggested that they were looking for a high speed chase. He was pleased with himself for not giving in to the urge to comply with their wishes. He loved a good dog fight and an interstellar chase but he had given his word to the captain and he was a man of his word.

He watched from a distance as the ship seemingly came to a stop and wondered what they were up to. The first sonic wave hit the ship and sent it spinning backward. Axe flew in to action, grabbing the throttle and shifting left and right trying to steady the ship and stay on course. The waves from the ship kept coming, each one stronger than the last that sent space debris flying in all directions and hammering against the metal hull, and it was all Axe could do to keep himself from being destroyed. He noticed that the bandit ship had started spinning and would spin faster as each wave was released. In the blink of an eye the ship was gone and the waves stopped. "What the hell, what the HELL?!!" Axe began punching buttons and scanning the area but found nothing. He hadn't counted on the ship having that kind of ability.

"Mother fucker", he swore as he threw himself backward in to his chair. One of the lights on the dashboard began to blink yellow to indicate that he was receiving an incoming transmission. He scanned through it and found that it was his little program notifying him of the bandit's whereabouts. They had blinked to a far away planet. It would take him a little while to get there but he set course and started his journey.

Miakoda
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via ICQ to Miakoda Send a message via AIM to Miakoda Send a message via MSN to Miakoda Send a message via Yahoo to Miakoda

Old 08-03-2007, 08:55 AM

"How good am i?" Rikki scoffed. "This is childs play compared to other things i've dealt with. Though this is a mess and would take me about 2 and a half days to reorganize. I could fix just about anything in here in under an hour. If left alone. As for upgrading well that depends on how much of an upgrade you want." Rikki said her tail twtching in irritation at the questioning of her skill. However she did not remove the wrench from her hand to place it on her belt. She felt it better, dare he insult her again to have it handy incase he needed a whack.

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Old 08-04-2007, 02:39 PM

Jkelo smiled up at the cat lady from the floor. He laid there for a while viewing both a disgruntled mechanic and a mechanical mess housed on the ceiling. He remembered the code and verbal password to return the ceiling goods back to the floor, but it would require some work once it all comes down. He was handy but if she was as good as she said she was then he would let her have at it.
“Say, my dear, you still haven’t given me your name. And I find it dreadfully rude to continue calling you Kat.” He spoke hoping to ease her state of agitation, “Besides, it seems that a good deal of my upgraded equipment has migrated upwards and I’ll need help re-connecting it once it returns.”
Jkelo stood up and walked over to a dedication panel, which read “Jkelo, Berrueal, and Typhony. Bandit, mechanic, and beauty. Wanted for disappearance of the third moon of Hushkin.” He pulled it to a side and pounded in a code on buttons then spoke a verbal command. The mechanical wonder began to settle back down to the floor, he watched intently as his decorated stone made its way down without so much as a bump or scrape.

A small ship darted around Gllopku, its speeds incredible for it’s terrestrial nature. It must have come from one of the surrounding moons or nearby planets. A shrill message was sent out, intended to interrupt the signals of only police ships. Tobis smiled a toothy smile as she waited for a response from anyone of the force nearby, and she knew that someone was around. A major breakout had just occurred on the planet and two high class bandit captains were on the loose. A spider crawled down from her hair, suspended on a silken wire and landed on the control panel nudging a knob to submit a second piercing signal out.

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-04-2007, 11:07 PM

"Ahh... god damn!" Axe yelled as the shrill sound pierced through the quiet sounds of space and the low hum of his ship. It was a police signal and there was only one person who ever used that certain pitch.

Axe groaned at the mere thought of having to work with her. She was a good cop, that he couldn't argue with, but the woman had spiders. He HATED spiders. Every time one would come floating off her head during roll call he tried to smash them with the daily reports. She didn't take kindly to him trying to kill off her babies and they often shot disparaging remarks at one another. She didn't hassle him about his methods or his religion so he let many things she did slide.

His skin began to crawl and he rubbed furiously at his arms to make the sensation go away. He clicked the button on the communication center. "Tobis, must you use that awful sound every time you are near? What do you want?"

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Old 08-05-2007, 08:49 PM

Tobis’s smile disappeared, of all the people sent out to this particular disturbance why did he have to be the one to intercept her signal? The spider quickly scrambled up its thread back into her hair out of fear. It wasn’t as if she despised the man, he was good at what he did, and what he did was catch and destroy criminals. It was just that he tended to catch and destroy her spiders as well. She liked him well enough when he wasn’t swatting at her lovelies, he was ruthless against criminals and had almost as great a distaste for bandits as she did. Besides he was one of the few other officers who stood taller than her, he would have been an idol to her if it weren’t for the fact that he believed his god demanded retribution from everyone.
She leaned over and manually hit the comm button; her spiders had recoiled into the depths of their silken home. “Hello Axe. Sorry about the signal, at least it works right? Well you see, I was chasing a small time thief out there on the moons, when I heard the explosions from the prison. I figured someone was going to need my help, so here I am. Do you need my help, and can I dock aboard?”

Jkelo smiled as his ship’s mechanical mess returned from the ceiling back to its rightful place on the floor. It was still a mess, but now he could reach it. He frowned as he knew if Ryv was here she would have made a “short” remark. He hoped that she wasn’t destroying his command center. The cat still hadn’t put away the wrench and she seemed to have a distant look to her, he whistled to get her attention. “Hey, you, mechanical wonder. Lend me a hand in reconnecting things as they land, and leave my rock alone for now.”

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-05-2007, 09:35 PM

"Oh great, now she wants to come aboard", Axe muttered bitterly. Since she was the only help he was going to get on this mission he might has well take her up on the offer. He began kicking away stray M&M's and picking up the wrappers and juice boxes; putting everything in order. She may be a frightful woman, but a woman nonetheless, and Axe could not be sloppy around women.

Once everything was in order he walked to the rear of the ship and pulled a large lever and pushed a few buttons, opening the lower hatch. "Yea, I guess since no one else's around. I got my bug spray ready."

SEG
*^_^*

Old 08-06-2007, 12:00 AM

Ryv calmly placed her feet firmly upon the sturdy steel floor, slowly drawing her voluptuous frame to it's full height to survey what lay before them, inwardly praising herself for acheiving such daintily. Or at least, what she would claim as dainty, for she was not one for pacing herself at much of anything. She whipped her lengthy locks into their rightful place, drawing her hat's point down across one of her eyes, breezing past the listless and lifeless crew as she decended into the ships bowels. She emerged from a quaint hallway, taking only a couple steps before meeting the edge of what seemed like a decent-sized metallic cliff. The entire area below her was completely sunken in, with only a ladder decending downward, housing all the important gadgets that made this sleek machine run as smoothly as it did.

'Oh darling Jkelo,' she called out, the ring of her voice heavy and slightly snappy as her gaze traced his and the cat's faint movements below. 'We've landed on Fjexl,' she continued, as she used the ladder to lounge outward of over the spacious area, swinging backward and forward like a starving vulture awaiting his death. Her free hand grasped a loose dangling cord, to which her remaining limbs gaveway, the instantaneous rush of free-falling lurching through her gut. A hearty chuckle resounded as she decended, the cord's sting chafing her hand as it slid through her grasp. Her landing was a bit uncoordinated, as if she were slightly intoxicated, and quite loud, accompanied by a hollow groan as she gained her footing.

Her cinnamon skin, who's brillaint forest whorls were more prominent in the lighting, tensed as she folded her arms over her chest, her voice dripping icily as she mentioned, 'As much as I enjoy the sound of my own voice, your pressence on deck would greatly alleviate my mood. I need some one to pick on.' Then a grin spread across her face, 'Oooor, you can find me a playtoy!' She chewed this thought over, nodding in approval as she continued exuberantly, 'Say, when do think that delightfuly dickheaded cop is going to land? I need some one new to fuck with... you're definately starting to loose your luster.'

Arcada

Old 08-06-2007, 04:18 AM

A fleet and slender quadruped bounded over an outcrop of rocks and landed neatly in front of the newly-landed Eeliro. Between the ridges of thin spikes that lined either side of its spine sat a small figure swaddled in a plethora of fine cloths. The rider would have spat on the ground in disgust had she not been completely wrapped up from head to foot, save for her left eye. Instead she contented herself with muttering darkly and glaring at the vessel with her uncovered eye. "Nakhbet preserve me," she whispered to the sky, sending a quick prayer to her goddess of slaughter to keep her from losing her temper. Slender hands encased in soft gloves reached out and wrapped around the curving horns of her tulep, Sestaabket. She paused for a moment before launching herself over her mount's head using its horns as leverage. This was really the only way to dismount a tulep without either breaking or receiving stab wounds from the spines (provided that the rider was light enough to do so without snapping the poor beast's neck). Suat landed with ease and wasted no time in storming up to the hull of the ship. It wasn't just that she recognized the Eeliro and had something of a bone to pick with its captain, but the ship also happened to be sitting right in front of the entrance to the house that she had had carved into the mountainside. And it wasn't just that it was her house that the Eeliro was blocking, it was also her current warehouse for all the fine goods she was selling to a nearby city. She was only a few days away from selling the last of her stock and returning to Rana and now this had to happen.
Suat raised her fist and began hammering on the hull of the ship and screaming. "JKELO!" she roared with surprising volume, considering her small frame, "YOU MOVE THIS SHIP, OR SO HELP ME NAKHBET, I WILL TRASH YOUR GRAVITATIONAL REGULATOR AND ANYTHING ELSE I CAN GET MY HANDS ON."

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Old 08-06-2007, 11:49 AM

Jkelo was humming as he ran back and forth leading cables places, it was beginning to look like a tangle of a mess. But he had left an open space around his slab of stone, he treated it like a spoiled pet. No doubt this was bothering the mechanic to no end. The ship shook a bit as it landed he looked around just as Ryv descended into this mess. He gulped down lump in his throat, she was smiling and that look always made him uneasy. He placed the cables and chords down, his voice wavering from a frown and yelling to an excited yelp.
“Landed, I could tell with that rocky one. I think we’re going to have to work something out here. My ship, My rules, and I want to oversee everything. Which isn’t possible, and why something needs to done.” He leaned closer to her, attempting to be discrete, “What’s our mechanic’s name? She keeps leering at me with that wrench in her hand. And I think she knows what’s she’s doing.”
A loud thumping came from the hull of his ship followed by a distinct yelling. His face fell and then reddened in a combination of rage and fear. Not only was his baby being hit but he was now surrounded by three testy women, he needed to get back to the deck where the other guys were. He made a motion that could have been taken as a dismissal or an apology, and ran for it his hooves clanging on the metallic floor. He skidded across a corner and found one of the many escape hatches; he opened it, took a second thought and hit a button next to the lever to open the door.
The intercom system went on, “Boys! and ladies,” he mumbled the last bit, “It seems we’ve landed so you’re free to get off and find something to do. I have to see a woman about a tulip.” He proceeded to turn off the intercom system and pull the lever. He launched out of the side of his ship.
Jkelo landed hard, his legs jammed upward as e hit uneven ground covered in rocks. He turned to face the person threatening his ship, inwardly he groaned, it was who he thought it was. He put on a winning smile and fluffed his hair up and dusted off his shirt. Over the rocks he made his way towards the threat, he raised his hands as he spoke.
“Hello my dear Suat. What a place to meet you, I think you can be of help to me and my crew.” He made a bow in front of her, and then proceeded to wrap his arm around her shoulder and led her away from his ship. “Can we talk business later? I’d like to show my fellows a good time here, you know where we can find a bar around this place?”

Tobis wheeled her ship closer to Axe’s, docking on this was going to be tricky, it wasn’t all that big and they were traveling pretty fast. She frowned and slammed the controllers, “You wouldn’t dare!!” she yelled but the comm. system was disconnected by now. The hatch opened and her ship made for a rough landing, Axe was standing there. She rolled her eyes, what a welcome party. Her ship turned off she made her way out of her ship into his. Axe stood nearly a foot taller than her, but she made her presence known with her spiders. They rose to the top of her head, saw Axe and retreated back.
“Hello Axe, Tell me about our criminals. I want to be caught up before we catch them.”

Miakoda
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via ICQ to Miakoda Send a message via AIM to Miakoda Send a message via MSN to Miakoda Send a message via Yahoo to Miakoda

Old 08-07-2007, 10:27 AM

"my name is Rikki." Rikki said as she began to throw things into different piles. One was absolute junk, one was gonna be used to build other things. Another was a too be upgraded pile, and lasst there was a need to be plugged in now pile. Once done she began to plug what needed to be plugged in for the ship to run smoothly. "This ship needs more upgrades then a Humfalump without it necessary attachments." Rikki sighed plugging in the last of the pile. She knew she needed to get more supplies to fix this pile of junk up but when to propose the going for supplies while they were being chased she could not see.

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-07-2007, 11:31 AM

Axe grinned as Tobis yelled through the communication device and then shut it down. He saw her ship come in to view and he realized that she was going too fast and was going to land rough. He hurried backward as not to be hit by the ship and then propped himself up against the hatch doors, arms folded in front of him and waited for her to get out.

"You know I would too dare. I'm sure a dried spider skeleton would look great in my collection. I can tell stories about how I plucked it off your miserable head and dried it." He turned and walked back in to the main portion of the ship hardly waiting for her to cross the threshold of the hatch before clicking the doors shut. He hoped he trapped one of those infernal creatures in the door and squished it but today just didn't seem like his lucky day. He motioned her to the copilot's chair for her to sit and relayed the information about each of the bandits suspected to have been at the prison at that time. "It appears that this is Jkelo's ship but he doesn't seem to really be in charge. Some mafia bitch with a big mouth and huge chip on her shoulder, a resident of that craptastic planet Gllopku seems to be running the show, or at the very least piloting the ship."

Axe leaned back in his chair and smirked. "She has to be piloting. Only one worse I've seen thus far flying is you. You fly like shit." He shook his head smugly, seeing that she was not all amused.

"From what I can tell they jumped to Fjexl. We should be there in less than an hour."

Arcada

Old 08-07-2007, 06:31 PM

Suat's face reddened from some bizarre combination of rage and pleasure at seeing a familiar and friendly face. "Jkelo," she began with a considerable amount of calmness, "I can forgive your ship blocking my door for a short while, but there is the little matter about some Gral Betan gems that we need to attend to, if I recall correctly." She pulled away from him and motioned for him to follow her up a steep series of rocks so that he could look around and get a better idea for the lay of the land. Upon reaching the top she pulled some of the cloths from around her face. Her nose wrinkled as the fresh air hit it, and she rubbed it lightly with one of her gloved hands. To her, it was quite chilly out here. In front of her the hilly terrain stretched into a forest before dipping into a broad, shallow valley where a large and colorful city lay. "I've been trading with that city down there in the valley. It's about an hour's ride from here to there if you have a mount, like Sestaabket." The tulep looked up at the mention of its name and its short tail wiggled in excitement for a moment before returning to grazing. "Walking, I'm not sure how long it'd take. They also have docking facilities there for ships." She rubbed her nose again in discomfort and gazed at Jkelo completely deadpan; studying him before deciding her next move.

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Old 08-10-2007, 01:48 AM

Jkelo whimpered as Suat brought up the issue of the gems, he didn’t want to remember those, and he certainly didn’t want to follow her. But what were his choises? Ryv was making fun of him and undermining his crew, Rikki was angry and had a giant wrench, not to mention that the rest of his crew was still in the ship. He liked his crew but there were so few of them, and most had just escaped from prison with him.
Jkelo looked back to his baby and sighed. He knew they had to move it but would it be safe to move it so close to a city or even a small town with the police on their tails. He hoped that they could figure something out, because they needed to stay in place for a bit. The engine room was a mess and he wanted to rig a booby-trap for when ever Ryv tried to sit in his seat, possibly create a slider that could move the controls to one of the other chairs. And they needed to stock up on foods and other materials.
He pulled him self up to his full height, grumbled and made his way up the slope. He didn’t want to tarnish his tough guy appearance anymore then Ryv was trying. The view was far out, and he could make out the town as well as some out cropping that his Eeliro could possibly hide in. He stayed silent as he surveyed the scene in front of him and thought of the actions ahead, Ryv was no one to say that he was a lousy captain, he thought quicker on his feet than anyone he knew.

Tobis shuddered at the thought of her babies dieing at this bulk’s hands. “That is repulsive.” She spoke her thoughts about dried spiders. She followed him into his ship and took the offered chair. It looked like she was in luck, Jkelo and another important bandit were out there to catch. Her toothy smile widened at the thought of catching them and sending them packing to a high security prison. She turned and glared at Axe, spiders coming out of their hiding places.
“I am not a bad pilot, you try flying a terrestrial ship through space.”

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-12-2007, 02:25 PM

"Why in the world would I do that woman?" Axe sputtered sarcastically. "Those ships aren't meant for deep space and even you know that. Although, I have to admit, I'm impressed you've made it this far."

In truth, Axe was impressed. If she didn't have spiders he would think that she was ok in his book. She possessed all of the skills of an avid fighter and actually could pilot a ship better than most men he knew, but he wasn't about to let on about that. He enjoyed giving her a hard time.

Axe flipped on the external viewer and saw that they had reached Fjexl. He scanned the terrain for signs of the bandit ship and found that it had landed near the side of a mountain. There was a town nearby and Axe figured that they would try to hide the ship, and knowing pirates, would look for the first watering hole they could find. He decided to land the craft on the far side of the town.

"We'll land there" he pointed on the screen. "Once we've landed we'll make our way in to town. Any idea how to blend in here? I don't want everyone and their brother knowing we're here."

SEG
*^_^*

Old 08-14-2007, 03:13 AM

'Screw the crew, let's get me some booze!' Ryv yelled exuberantly, shooting her fist into the air excitably as she dashed to join up with them. Her ears seemed to be buzzing ever since a bar was mentioned, though it had taken her a while to wade to through the mess Jkelo had created. Her spirits seemed to be lifted now that she'd escaped the confinement of Jkelo's ship, stepping out into the cool, damp planet that was Fjexl, the smooth burn of alcohol now occupying her thoughts. She turned to Suat with a brilliant grin, 'Captain Ryv Seivén of Djimbi,' she began lightly, tipping her hat as most men would while giving introductions to a lady. She continued, her powerful voice laced with bitterness, 'As brilliant of a fucking idea it is to move that piece of shit, Eeliro, I'd rather not. That blasted wimp of a man, Axe, should be landing soon. If he's got his whit’s about him, he'll expect us down at the watering hole.'

By now, she'd butterflyed her arms across her chest in displeasure, tartly muttering, 'Of course, my ship has a bloody bar on it.' She shrugged away her desire for alcohol, turning to Jkelo, calmly reminding him, 'We're going to need weapons, and a plan.' Her gaze wandered back to Suat, 'What about her? Would she be willing to help out?'

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Old 08-16-2007, 05:05 PM

Jkelo glared down the hill still surveying the planet. The out croppings were looking more and more like an easy trap. He mumbled to himself how he should have installed cloaking to his ship, instead of buying that Djimbi marble so he could add to his giant rock. He frowned as he stared out into the distance, and continued to frown as the sounds of Ryv’s complaining reached his ears. She was still trying to reach them but she was loud and his ears were sensitive.
He turned to Suat before Ryv was in ear shot, “Know anywhere we can stow my ship, or do you have any cloaking devices in that cave of yours? You’ve suggested it and I’ve been thinking about it, but trouble here will have a different plan.” He silenced as Ryv came closer.
“My ship does too have a bar! It’s just that it was all confiscated, which is one reason for us to go to town. The other, as you have stated is weapons. So if you don’t mind I’m going to sit here and think.” He sat down plunking his hoofed feet over the edge of the rock he sat on.

Tobis beamed with pride, it wasn’t often The Awesome Axe gave out compliments, even if they were off hand compliments. And his saying that made her glad she had tried the flight out here. Her spiders stayed mostly to the side that wasn’t facing Axe, they spun webs between her arms, and her weapons. She glanced over to the screens every once in awhile and saw that their prey had landed itself in the mountains. No doubt they were thinking of moving it closer to a watering hole and conceal it, typical pirate scum.
Axe had his mind set on landing near town, which worked for her; any pirates they chased here were bound to enter this town. “Any idea how to blend in here? I don't want everyone and their brother knowing we're here."
“Well there is this deal about our height.” She stared at his bulking seven foot frame and making note of her own tall size. “The people here are typical human sized; between five feet and about six and a half. So unless you have personal space distorters here on board I think we are going to have some trouble. But other than the height differences, I think we will be best acting as traders or tourists to the area. I have some confiscated goods in my ship that we can use as a cover for being traders. And we could get information from locals the same way.” A spider dropped from her head and scuttled across the floor, hunting down something it had seen.

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-16-2007, 06:28 PM

Axe swiveled his captain's chair around, stretching his long leg and attempted to stomp the spider as it made its way after its next meal. He turned to Tobias and was greeted with an icy stare. He grinned and turned his attention toward landing the ship. The terrain was quite rocky and he was hard pressed to find a flat enough surface to land on. He found a spot next to a couple of trees and some very sparse vegetation and gently landed.

"...I think we will be best acting as traders or tourists to the area. I have some confiscated goods in my ship that we can use as a cover for being traders."

As the engines powered down Axe rose from his seat and wandered toward the back and in to his personal quarters. He began rummaging through his personal items and began strapping on his knives and assorted smaller weaponry. He chose to leave the big guns behind as it wouldn't do to have a trader carrying around a huge weapon. Once he was satisfied he pulled his jet black hair back in to a ponytail, leaving two long strands of bluish silver hanging near the front of his face. He brushed them aside as he strode back in to the main area of the ship.

"Well, let's see what you've got. Keep in mind, if you try to make me dress like a woman like you did last time in that disgustingly horrible flower print, I'm slitting your throat. And hurry up, those pirates will have moved their ship by the time we get off of this one!"

Arcada

Old 08-17-2007, 05:32 PM

"Suat Adimen of Rana" she replied to Ryv, and proceeded to incline her head into what was almost a bow. "It is a pleasure to meet you." She tightened the red sash about her waist to secure her black outer clothes more from the wind and cold. "Well, that city down there has a pretty good black market in weapons, amongst other things. That's why I'm here." She silently fussed with her clothes for a few more minutes while thinking. She didn't doubt that Jkelo, the charming Ryv, and hopefully his crew deserved freedom, it was just that she wasn't sure how deeply she wanted to be involved in this decision. "Jkelo," she began, having made up her mind, "if you could just move your ship a bit so I can get inside my house, I might have a cloaking device for you. If I haven't sold it... I can't quite recall what I did with it."

SEG
*^_^*

Old 08-21-2007, 04:38 AM

Ryv scoffed, it seemed that Jkelo had things to hide from her ears, which was extremely irritating. So, when she replied to his comment regarding the bar, her voice dripped icily despite her dry tone, 'The state of fucking affairs never seems to be completely in order aboard the Eliero.' She left him to think, though not in peace, as she decided to flop to the ground as well. She could've been annoying, and stared at him incessantly, however, she turned to Suat and replied pleasantly, 'Pleasure.' She allowed silence to befall them, something that was entirely rare in her presence, and after a long while, she stood and addressed Suat, 'I know we're asking a lot of you, but, do you think there's some way to disguise ourselves? I have a feeling there is going to be a watch on Downtown, and I'd rather not be discovered prior to getting my grip on a weapon.' She allowed a toothy grin, because she was indeed raring for some action, what with Jkelo's listless crew. And, while she may not look it, she was always well prepared for a fight--this was no exception.

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Old 11-02-2007, 08:42 PM

Tobis couldn't help but laugh as she remembered the last time. He didn't quite fit into the dress she had given him but it made for a decent costume, especially given the planet they were at. She smiled as she launched herself out of the chair, spider webs snapped and a few of her babies were upset by this. She walked into the hanger where her ship was being held and kicked the side of one of the landing legs. A panel shot out and she began to type in the codes, spiders crawled out from the holder where the panel had previously been. Soon bursts of pressurized air hissed out of hidden side compartments, Tobis smiled, her sharp toothy grin gleamed.
"Now, Axe, don't you dare arrest me for my small arsenal, this is all confiscated goods, nothing I would ever think of using or selling. I was on my way back to headquarters to drop this off for final confiscation." panels dropped off and drawers began to slide out, large angry spiders woke up from their hibernation, and began to craw out on top of the weapons they were guarding. More and more panels reviled hidden compartments filled with strange, expensive, and deadly weapons and shields. There was a small trunk that popped in the back, it was full of cloths of all sorts, a few moths flittered out webs shot across the room caught them in mid flight and spiders reeled them in. Tobis frowned, the spider she had set in there must have died to allow the moths to live.

Jkelo turned to face Ryv. He glared at her trying to restrain himself from exploding at her. Everything she had done so far had been undermining towards him. And he didn't appreciate it in the least. But they both brought up valued points and he needed to do something about his poor Eliero. He waved his hoofed feet in agitation.
"My baby, if only she hadn't been confiscated and her innards ripped out. Good thing the engine room was still there." He mostly spoke to himself but remembered that he had more pressing matters of being a captain to attend to.
He stood up and his hoofs clacked on the stone ground. Turning around, he faced the girls, "Ok. Let's do this thing. Ryv I want you to get back to the ship and find a place to hide her while I help Suat here find that cloaking device. Then we can get those lazy bones back on the ship to help out."