MasterChiefrei
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-05-2008, 01:03 AM

Indeed, especially this one. XD
Well I would've had questions but I learned the hard way how the event worked. Like, for example, I didn't know that each goddess handed out a token every 5 minutes in their time of the hour instead of...once in the the time of their hour. XD In fact at first I thought the first goddess you selected was the only one who could give you a token. ><;
I'm a tard but if I get confused somewhere else I'll run to ya. XD

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-05-2008, 01:55 AM

::laughs:: I think it was just that the FAQ wasn't worded in a way that made sense to everyone straight away... That didn't help. xD I think the staff was just so familiar with how things were supposed to work that once we realized exactly how frequently the goddesses were giving out tokens we were like, "oh, they'll get it. :D" (I think originally they were supposed to give out twice every 20 minutes but I think Ken decided to be more generous. XD)

MasterChiefrei
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-05-2008, 02:40 AM

Indeed, I was pretty confused as to what they meant and I just knew that if you clicked the button they gave you a token but oblivious as to how many and how much time between. XD If Ken changed it to be more generous that's cool but I wish it was a little more clear. Apparently I wasn't the only one puzzled. XD One person even thought that if you missed the time the goddess gave out the token today you had to wait till the next day. XD
Oh well, I hope that things are clear right now. Have you had any complaints?

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-05-2008, 02:44 AM

Goodness - that would have been horrible. LOL. Waiting an entire day doesn't sound remotely generous. D:

The only real complaints I've seen (other than the lag) involved either the make-up or having to post to get star pieces. XD I'm not saying I haven't seen people make comments about other things in a negative sense, but usually that's just one person saying, "I don't like the new forum colors."

Overall, it doesn't seem as if people have any complaints... at least, I mean, it's not something I consider "universal" in that a lot of people/most people seem to like the event once they're not confused about it anymore. XD;

But the Feedback thread will be what seals the deal.

MasterChiefrei
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-05-2008, 02:49 AM

Indeed, I would've been thinking, "Maybe they want us to earn gold instead of have tokens to compensate?" XD
Have you actually had some one complain about the new forum header color? I thought it was pretty cool. XD I'm glad you're not getting too many complaints about the same thing *besides lag* and hopefully things go over smoothly from now on. At least they will for me and a couple others now that things have been cleared up. XD I think in feedback some things may be said about the clarification of the token distribution.
I hope you've been enjoying yourself eh?

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-05-2008, 03:17 AM

XD; Yeah, someone did in one of the Announcements threads about the event. I think it might have been their monitor settings or even browser settings... Menewsha looks darker in Safari than in Firefox (at least, in my copies, so it's possible that her settings have the purple look 'painful'. XD;;

Hopefully we can figure out a way to keep clarifying the FAQ so the way the event works makes sense to people who don't catch the gist of things based on the terms we choose. XD; If nothing else, there's always asking in the FAQ thread, but that only works if people actually take the time to read the explanation. XD;;

Legos on the floor
*^_^*

Old 08-05-2008, 03:25 AM

Oh, good, my triple posts got deleted. I probably should have asked someone to do that for me, I'm glad it got caught.

MasterChiefrei
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-05-2008, 03:28 AM

Seriously, it must've been their comp because so far the purple hasn't bothered me one bit. At first it was a big different but now I forget about it sometimes. XD
Indeed, has the beginning of it changed at all in reference to the token distribution or is it the same? And it's really good that people stick around to answer questions others may have since a lot of us would probably be lost. Not that it's the staff's fault but some of us don't get it as quickly. XD

Hey Legos. ^ ^

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-05-2008, 03:38 AM

It only took a second, Legos. :) It was probably one of the server hiccups. I don't always bother to delete them when I see them, because it requires me inputting my password again and I am le lazy. >:V (Besides, it's obvious when it's an accidental double-post. XD)

I hope I'm not responding to your question incorrectly. XD; (I'm not entirely certain I understood the question.) But the tokens given out by the goddesses haven't changed any. XD They're still giving them out every five minutes and in the same order. :3 (All that changed is that in the planning stages, they weren't supposed to give them out as often, but the entire event they've been giving them out at the same rate/pace.)

And it's not that people who don't "get it" right off are slow either. XD (Well, not always, anyway. Some people just have to be slow. >_>; ) Sometimes things just don't 'click' right away. Especially if things are phrased in a way that someone can get confused over.

MasterChiefrei
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-05-2008, 03:46 AM

Well in the FAQ thread all it said was the goddess were giving out tokens at their time of the hour but it didn't say how much time in between or that they gave them out more than once. It was just very vague to me but I didn't want to bother anyone. ><; I figured that they've been giving them out the same but I wasn't sure what it all meant when it was explained. Oh well, if people wonder now we know and can spread the word.
*raises hand* I'm definitely one of those that can misinterpret easy...ok, not too easy but enough to where I feel like a tard. ><;

Legos on the floor
*^_^*

Old 08-05-2008, 03:47 AM

Thanks, CK. I though it was my computer at first, but it happened to Chief, too, so I guess it was the server.

Hey, Chief. ^^

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-05-2008, 04:22 AM

XD We'll be able to better explain how the event works in the future... We kept trying to get this event to open on the third (which it did), but we kept running into little snags... So we didn't have the time to pre-test the event like we hoped we would. XD; Hopefully for Halloween (where I first started talking to you, I remember!) we'll have the time to test the event's collection method so we can explain it better in the FAQ. :3

Legos - I'm really liking your avatar right now. XD (Though the no-mouth look is creepy. LOL.) It's cool. :3

MasterChiefrei
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-05-2008, 04:27 AM

I figured you guys were pressed for time or something since a couple big things were going on and that this event was lined up right after the user run one. *yes, not as bad as event but still a big distraction* So far I think it's going ok since nothing too weird has happened.
AND YES! It'll be a year that I've known and fangirled you in October *j/k but luv ya* so that's going to be a lot of fun. >w< I'm even question for the orange Halloween gown so it's awesome. I bet Halloween is going to run great and even if it doesn't this community is nice enough to understand and be patient. ^ ^

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-05-2008, 04:54 AM

::laughs:: It's difficult when we try something new! Because everyone (even in the staff room) gets confused and things get delayed and there weddings and vacations and family emergencies strewn in there to confuse the issue further. Ah well - other than the lag, everything went off very well - and hopefully the lag issue won't be as much of an issue any longer. :3

And - LOL. :3
A lot of people seem to be questing for the Gown of Halloween! Have you been looking at the Quester's Raffle? If you have an active Quest thread, you have a shot at winning one. :3 I'd totally check it out. It's how I got my King's Crown and female welcome set! :heart: And even if you don't win, you get your gold back (and a little extra too!). :3 So it's worthy of the time and effort. :3

And I have plans for Halloween, oh yes. :D Hopefully people will like it. XD

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 08-05-2008, 04:55 AM

*flops on the thread* I return! Still not much to say other than there's a hurricane in the Gulf and it's making it windy here! D=

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-05-2008, 05:01 AM

Oh my - I hope that it pushes some cooler air up into Alabama and makes it so there's no terrible heatwave like predicted for this week. D:

MasterChiefrei
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-05-2008, 05:03 AM

But of course, staff are people too and we all have issues that need to be tended to since this is a job as well. It's good that things have been kept calm and simple *kinda simple. XD* so that we can all try to enjoy the event even more. Hopefully no one tries to make trouble and I'm especially thankful for the no spamming since there are a lot of decent threads that need a chance to keep going.
Really? Should I go for the spider one instead? Maybe I should check out the Raffle so I don't have to string you along to talk to me again. XD Of course I'm going to have to reread the rules a couple of times since I'm not sure how that works but awesome! Thanks for telling me. >w<
Oh, I bet we'll more than love it so no worries. The events have been amazing this year. ^ ^
*to For-Chan Cookie* It's storming pretty good here because of the fronts from the hurricane. XD So weird that it can reach thus far, you doing ok?

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 08-05-2008, 05:16 AM

*sends wing towards CK*

I'm fine MasterChiefrei. It's blustery out and there's smatterings of rain, but nothing worth noting. Dear Eduardo seems to have his heart set on Texas. Who am I to protest? ^_^;

MasterChiefrei
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-05-2008, 05:21 AM

That's good, hurricanes are really devasting so I didn't know if you were going to be in it or have the aftermath. ><; It's kinda weird what they named it this time but hopefully you don't have too tough a time. Do you like stormy type weather?

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 08-05-2008, 05:29 AM

Hurricanes are pretty damn scary. I prefer not to have to deal with them, but I live in Louisiana so what can I do? I like a good rain storm, but the hurricanes can all go somewhere else. Plus, bad weather tends to kill our electricity. My friend was like "Where do you live? China? Your power is always going out!" ^_^;; We're just on the very edge of town.

MasterChiefrei
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-05-2008, 05:34 AM

Oh wow, so you do get quite a bit of them down there. ><; I have a friend in Louisiana too and usually worry what's going on. Thunder storms are awesome but I doubt I'd enjoy hurricanes much either. ><; That sucks about the power always going out, have ya'll ever thought about moving up some?

k a r e n
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-05-2008, 05:35 AM

wow, your thread is cool. anyways. hello. how are you? i think this event is cool and wonderful, i didnt get the cluee.

Nemui
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via AIM to Nemui

Old 08-05-2008, 05:37 AM

Haha i found your thread too XD lol
Now im going to jump into it as well.
*Tackles with Hugs*

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-05-2008, 05:54 AM

What part of Louisiana? :) I have family there and I used to live there too. (I don't know if you're familiar with Pickering or Leesville, but that's where I used to live, but a large town that's close is "DeRitter"... and it's about an hour or two from Lake Charles, if I remember correctly. ;' )

XD When I said "a lot of people" are going for the Gown of Halloween, I think that you make number three or four. I like both gowns myself, so I don't know if I could suggest one or another. XD But the spider one might be able to be used more frequently, at least. XD

::has been meaning to go to bed for about two hours now, so should be on her way out now:: XD;

MasterChiefrei
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-05-2008, 06:01 AM

*wishes I knew what part of Louisiana my friend was from* ><; I know there's an Airforce Base that they live on but that's it.
Ooh...I see, good then. <<...>>.... The spider and Halloween are really cool and I debated between the both of them so I'm still neutral...The orange attracts me but the overall design of the spider is awesome too. ><;
You should probably get some sleep since it's late but it's too much fun to talk to you. XD