Penpal

Old 12-26-2017, 11:50 PM

I just have two deer outside
the buck has blue antlers
*I couldn't find teal*

LiviInLove
I'm a Buzy Bee!

Old 12-26-2017, 11:50 PM

ghostPastry:We are out of cookies -- our girls were on a sugar high yesterday. That's good that it's been a good day! Yay for having a productive day!

Today has been a pretty low key day, mostly just relaxing and taking it easy, the girls have been playing with their new toys. They're currently trying to motivate their younger siblings to try to walk on their own - they're both so close! It'll probably happen in the next month or so. :)

---------- Post added 12-26-2017 at 03:50 PM ----------

That's cool!! Our dogs love to bark at the deer here. xD

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 12-26-2017, 11:52 PM

LOL sillie puppies

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 12-26-2017, 11:52 PM

ahaha, oh no! hopefully they didn't have a sugar crash...

that's good, it's nice to have a relaxing day after the bustle of the holidays. and yay, that's so awesome! it must be really cute watching them learn to walk. :>

LiviInLove
I'm a Buzy Bee!

Old 12-26-2017, 11:54 PM

I agree! So silly!

---------- Post added 12-26-2017 at 03:55 PM ----------

Oh they did -- they fell asleep super early. Which was wonderful for me, as I was ready to crash too.

It is cute!! It's funny because they can walk, with assistance - but they get so excited they start wiggling after one step, and they fall down. They're only 11 months old.

Last edited by LiviInLove; 12-26-2017 at 11:56 PM..

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 12-26-2017, 11:56 PM

oh gosh, I can't believe they will be walking soon.
weren't they just born, Livi?

LiviInLove
I'm a Buzy Bee!

Old 12-26-2017, 11:57 PM

They turn 1 at the end of next month. :) It really does feel like the last year with them has been going really fast!

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 12-26-2017, 11:59 PM

wow time just flew by
I really notice it with your kids
are things more settled now?

LiviInLove
I'm a Buzy Bee!

Old 12-27-2017, 12:03 AM

Yeah, thankfully things do seem to be more settled.

It only took Soph about 4 months to truly realize that the twins weren't here to replace her. Those 4 months were rough, but we made it through it. :)

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 12-27-2017, 12:05 AM

that's good.
munchkins and the girls get along

LiviInLove
I'm a Buzy Bee!

Old 12-27-2017, 12:08 AM

They definitely do get along.
Most of the time.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 12-27-2017, 12:10 AM

I bet all the girls will look after their little brother

LiviInLove
I'm a Buzy Bee!

Old 12-27-2017, 05:25 PM

I'm sure that they will!

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 12-27-2017, 07:27 PM

No girl better break his heart

LiviInLove
I'm a Buzy Bee!

Old 12-30-2017, 06:30 PM

What is everyone's new years plans? Got any fun NYE parties?

We're boring, and staying in - probably going to bed before midnight.
At least that's my hope. xD LOL!

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 12-30-2017, 07:10 PM

Hey there, Livi! :)
I don't know if I ever posted in this thread or if I thought about it, and thought I did...?
Anyway,

I don't have any plans for New Years. We are going to be packing all day, probably and selling furniture.
The thing is, we have to leave by January 30th, so we'll probably try to leave before then... Then we move into our new apartment the first week of February.
It's my mom's birthday today so we are celebrating by going to see The Greatest Showman. :D After that, we'll probably just come home and keep packing! x.x

LiviInLove
I'm a Buzy Bee!

Old 12-30-2017, 08:22 PM

Hey there Ava! I don't think you've posted in here yet - it's been pretty quiet, then again - I did arrive late to the party, as usual, and I've not been on much. So there's that too. (Most people seem to want prizes so only post in the threads that give prizes. So I'm not surprised my thread is slow. I just can't handle the fast pace of the larger threads, so that's why I make my own. I get lost easily. Especially with not being able to get on as often as I'd like to be able to.

Oh wow! Sounds like you've got a busy month of January! Will you be bringing any of your furniture with you when you move?
If you leave before the 30th of January, where will you live until you can move into your new apartment?

I want to see that movie so bad! I just have been lacking the energy to find time to go and see it. We'll probably wait until it comes out on DVD - going to the theaters is so expensive these days! There are so many movies I want to see. And not enough time, or money. I hope that you all enjoy the movie!

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-31-2017, 09:47 AM

Ava The Vampire:
Tell us how the movies was...without any spoilers, of course.

LiviInLove
I'm a Buzy Bee!

Old 12-31-2017, 03:19 PM

Inzanebraned: Did you see my response to your first post in here that’s towards the bottom of page 1?

Kory

Old 12-31-2017, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzanebraned View Post
Ava The Vampire:
Tell us how the movies was...without any spoilers, of course.
Sure, Inzane! :D
Well, the elephant in the room is that there was AMAZING, AHHHMAZING music in it, the singers they chose were 100% excellent at their roles and it was incredibly moving.
I feel like even young children would like it, especially the music, although there are some things that they may not understand due to the fact of the time being different. Such as, there is kind of a "forbidden romance" aspect between a black and white character. I feel like most of today's children wouldn't understand that. Although, nothing really sexual happens, so I think it's a safe movie for kids. I also feel like a lot of kids may not understand the lead character's ambition to become "rich and wealthy" because he was raised poor. I think any child would want to be rich if they are poor, but then, I don't usually see very many poor children going to see movies... So I would assume that most children may not understand that.

There is a scene in the movie that might be a little disturbing and or frightening to some really small children because the characters are in danger, but it's very brief.

Overall, I thought the movie was beautiful. Both times I went, the whole audience clapped at the end of it, and that tells me that they liked it too. It was an EXCELLENT way to end the year! :) I hope that all my friends go and see it, because it was absolutely beautiful and a wonderful experience. They cast some newcomers who really stole the show!

I mean, if you get the chance to see it in the theatre, it's a beautiful movie and it really shines on the big screen. :D

---------- Post added 12-31-2017 at 12:08 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiviInLove View Post
Hey there Ava! I don't think you've posted in here yet - it's been pretty quiet, then again - I did arrive late to the party, as usual, and I've not been on much. So there's that too. (Most people seem to want prizes so only post in the threads that give prizes. So I'm not surprised my thread is slow. I just can't handle the fast pace of the larger threads, so that's why I make my own. I get lost easily. Especially with not being able to get on as often as I'd like to be able to.

Oh wow! Sounds like you've got a busy month of January! Will you be bringing any of your furniture with you when you move?
If you leave before the 30th of January, where will you live until you can move into your new apartment?

I want to see that movie so bad! I just have been lacking the energy to find time to go and see it. We'll probably wait until it comes out on DVD - going to the theaters is so expensive these days! There are so many movies I want to see. And not enough time, or money. I hope that you all enjoy the movie!
That is understandable. :)
I was surprised that my thread got some attention this year. Usually every year, when I make the Kwanzaa thread, it only gets maybe two or three pages of responses. (But then, I usually forget about it after a while so updates on that thread are slow... ) I think more people are coming out of the woodwork for this event.

Yes!! Oh my gosh, we are definitely bringing minimal furniture with us. We would prefer to sell it all and buy all new stuff when we move, but my dad is very sentimental and likes to hold on to junk just because it's his or because he paid for it. :s So we'll be bringing some furniture with us. xD It's going to be incredibly busy because we basically have to pack the rest of our things and double check to make sure everything is packed, then we're going to hire movers because my mom's injury is still not healed completely, so she can't help us move. :( Then we have to figure out where we will stay for the next couple of weeks while we are in LA while our apartment is being prepared. We'll likely stay in a hotel (because that's what my mom wants to do) but at the same time, we're not sure if we can really afford to stay in a hotel for that long. We may end up staying with family in either San Diego or Las Vegas while we wait.

I didn't mean to ramble on about the movie... haha. I just thought it was amazing. :)

LiviInLove
I'm a Buzy Bee!

Old 12-31-2017, 06:46 PM

Ava: I can totally understand wanting to hold onto things, so I totally get where your dad is coming from - I was the same way with last move we made (although we literally just moved across town and not cross country - but it did happen when I was massively pregnant with the twins, so that was a struggle.

That would get expensive to live in a hotel for that long - plus what would you do with all your things that you're bringing with you if you did live in the hotel for that long?
I'd make a pro/con list with money to figure out what is the best way to go about this -- it seems like the timing of the sale of the house and you having to be out and the apartment being ready aren't really good with timing there. Hopefully it goes as smoothly as possible for y'all!

It's okay - sadly we can't afford to take the whole family to the theater and trying to get 11 month olds to sit still through a movie is impossible. >.< It costs so much to go to the movies these days. We'll probably be seeing it once it comes out on DVD so we can pause it if need be if the kids are having a hard time focusing or something comes up. Plus no one likes a crying infant in the theater. Knowing my two youngest - one, or both of them, would be the ones to start crying and I'd end up trying to soothe them out of the theater and miss the whole movie. Much safer for us to watch movies at home.

Kory

Old 12-31-2017, 07:59 PM

It definitely makes sense to me, but some of the things he wants to hold onto are things that will not fit in a two bedroom apartment. We are moving from a three story house to a two bedroom apartment, so it's likely that most of our stuff will not fit. Still, my dad wants to bring most of this stuff with him, but it's impossible. It won't fit. :( We can put it in storage, but that would be really expensive, and what's the point of bringing furniture with you if you can't even use it?! :x

Yeah. The timing was great at first, because we'd leave around January 30th, then move in around February 1st. But my mom wants to leave before January 30th. I think we'll probably end up leaving around January 30th, or the 29th. Around that time so we don't have to stay in a hotel too long. Our stuff would go into storage for a while if we have to stay in a hotel for a while. But two weeks is a crazy long time to live in a hotel. And honestly, I'm so over it. :s

That makes sense. I am sure that it'll still retain it's wonder even on DVD or Blu-ray. :D

LiviInLove
I'm a Buzy Bee!

Old 12-31-2017, 10:07 PM

Oh I can totally get that! Maybe for him the sentiment behind the pieces is too much for him to be able to sell it and maybe one day you'll get a house and the furniture will be something that you can use again?

That does make it awkward. True -- that could work, and it would be a lot of work to have to move, then live in a hotel - and not have access to all of your stuff without having to go to storage and then have to move out of the hotel and move into your apartment. Hopefully things will work out as smoothly as possible, given all the different pieces that need to fall into place.

Our list of movies to see keeps getting longer. xDD Haha!

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-31-2017, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiviInLove View Post
Inzanebraned: Did you see my response to your first post in here that’s towards the bottom of page 1?
No, I had not seen that post until you brought it to my attention.
I am sorry that you are still having a hard time with your loss.
I have heard about the strong bond between twins, so I imagine your loss is extremely difficult and hard to explain to others.
I can only suggest that your twin would want for you to move forward and try not to dwell on the sadness.
Having 4 kids must keep you busy and distracted most of time.
I imagine that holidays must be difficult....thus the increase in bad dreams.
I hope things smooth out for you.

Ava, that movie sounds like something I would definitely like to see...but like Liv, will wind up waiting until it is released on DVD, as taking Sarah to a movie theater is much like taking an infant...only Sarah wouldnt be crying, she would be making this whining moan sound that resembles an air raid whistle!
Its difficut to watch a movie at home with Sarah in the room...we tend to miss most of the dialog.
I'm glad you enjoyed the movie.
I hope your move goes smoothly. Staying in Vegas might prove to be an adventure!...have you been there before?

LiviInLove
I'm a Buzy Bee!

Old 01-01-2018, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzanebraned View Post
No, I had not seen that post until you brought it to my attention.
I am sorry that you are still having a hard time with your loss.
I have heard about the strong bond between twins, so I imagine your loss is extremely difficult and hard to explain to others.
I can only suggest that your twin would want for you to move forward and try not to dwell on the sadness.
Having 4 kids must keep you busy and distracted most of time.
I imagine that holidays must be difficult....thus the increase in bad dreams.
I hope things smooth out for you.
Oh I know he wouldn't want me to dwell on the sadness... He would Gibbs Smack me -- but it's hard... The pain is still as real as it was when he first passed, and never a day goes by that I don't think about him. And it's a pain that I would NEVER wish upon others.

It's not like I'm wallowing in sadness (I definitely was for quite awhile, but that was right after he passed away... not recently)... I can't control what my subconscious does when I sleep.
Believe me, I've tried to control my subconscious, it doesn't listen. It's kinda a scary place.
I didn't say all of that for suggestions - just saying that I know why the nightmares happen, and that it's nothing to do with my physical health.

Plus this holiday season was the second one we've had to go through without dad, so it was dealing with the usual pain of the holidays without my twin, and then added onto that, the pain of having to go through them without dad.