The Time Machine
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-17-2017, 02:33 AM

Awesome banner by yan

Last edited by The Time Machine; 08-16-2017 at 09:45 PM..

The Time Machine
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-17-2017, 02:34 AM

We're back on the time machine with our plucky youths and one incredibly sassy clawed critter. The machine is set to "C" for Celes-bration. Gods, Goddesses and...Aliens? What is this, some kind of history network special?

Let's see what's going on down below...

Last edited by The Time Machine; 08-15-2017 at 09:31 PM..

The Time Machine
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-17-2017, 02:34 AM

The passage of time flashes forward. The Time Machine stabilizes over a grand city of gleaming white alabaster. The twins make a few scans of the area and activate a cloaking device.
Boq Boq: Ahh, Ancient Merkhet. Very nice.
Xeox: For once we agree.
Cecilia looks up from tending to a dizzy Yumeh to watch the view screen.
Cecilia: This is Merkhet?
Xeox: Correct.
Cecilia: It looks different from the books grandpa has about it.
Xeox: You're used to seeing the ruins of this city in travel pamphlets.
Boq Boq: Yeah, this is before the "Big Drama" happened.
They fly above the city. Tall statures of the many gods pass by. Examining the various temples, they spot a crowd surrounding one structure in particular.

Xeox: Fascinating: They have this vast city and yet, they choose to gather in this one temple.
Boq Boq: It's called a party, sis. You'd know if you ever been to one.
Xeox: Do not start.
Cecilia: *pointing at a giant statue of a cat* Yumeh! That one looks just like you!
Yumeh looked at the screen and turns up his nose.
Yumeh: Pfft. Please I'm way more kitty-lious than that hunk of stone.
Cecilia: Gasp! Yumeh...You talked?
Yumeh: Well, Naturally.
The twins do a double take at Yumeh, then give each other a quizzical look.

The Time Machine
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-17-2017, 02:35 AM

In a rare act of unison the twins grab some scanning cables and scanned them immediately. Xeox scans Cecilia and Boq Boq scans Yumeh.
Yumeh: Don't you point that thing at Cessy! I swear by the paws of the Star Eater I'll claw those wiggly things right off your heads!
Xeox: I'm not finding any physical changes in Cecilia's brain chemistry.
Boq Boq: Nor I in Yumeh.
Yumeh: Unhand me this instance you fools!
Xeox: Perhaps this is the result of some kind of technology inside the temple?
Boq Boq: An animal-to-human language converter? Hmm...I suppose it's possible. These people were known for treating felines with great respect and much of their technology was lost in the Big Drama...
Yumeh's tail twitches wildly as they continue their examination.
Cecilia: Oh goodness, Yumeh. Poor kitty is so stressed out.
Yumeh: You have no idea, darling. My grooming routine has been completely shot since we first came aboard this vessel...unwillingly, might I add.
Cecilia: Yumeh was promised pampering, and a party with a huge kitty statue sounds like just the thing!
Xeox sighs, and picking up Boq Boq's Disguise ray.
Xeox: Well we can't go looking like this can we?
Boq Boq: Whoa, sis! Breaking some rules? Nice!
Xeox: When in Merkhet, brother!
Cecilia: Sweet! I love playing dress up with you guys!
Yumeh: Fantastic! Looks like I'm babysitting a bunch of delinquents on top of everything else.
The sarcastic feline grooms himself while the beams of transforming light wash over the group.

The Time Machine
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-17-2017, 02:35 AM

The beam dissipates and reveals the kids styled as human teens. They just might pass, as long as no one looked too closely. Yumeh walks around the group wearing a stylish new collar and earring set.

Yumeh: Hmm, Not bad.
Cecilia: You look awesome, Yumeh!
Yumeh: I do like this gold collar.
Xeox: It's kind of gaudy. Garish, even.
Yumeh: Yes, it's a bit of a statement.
Cecilia: I feel just like Dance!
Cecilia twirls in flowing robes, reminiscent of a traditional twirl dance.
Xeox: You mean, you feel like dancing?
Cecilia: No! *she giggled as she continued twirling*
Xeox: Clearly, you're dancing...
Yumeh: She means her outfit makes her feel like the Merkheti Goddess, Dance. (Dummy.)
Xeox: It would be wise for us to review these Goddesses before joining in the celebration.
Boq Boq: Yes, that would be wise. Cessy, will you help us?
Cecilia stops spinning and points to the view screen where three statues stand in the center of the temple.
Cecilia: Them! Those are the Goddesses Feast, Dance and Song. Every few years, their stars align and the Star Eater tries to take all their sparkle.
Xeox: Why?
Cecilia: Umm, I dunno, but it sure is a big deal! In Menewsha, we always celebrate Celes Paradi like that: A big party and everyone dresses up nice like this. There's tons of fireworks and sooo much food!
Xeox: Celes Paradi is familiar to me.
Boq Boq: I remember the first time we crash landed on Earth. Your grandpa really helped us out. That was around one of your Celes Paradi celebrations, wasn't it?
Cecilia: Yup; everyone thought you were scary at first.
Yumeh: Now that you kids are all caught up, shall we?
Yumeh struts across the floor, looking towards the door. Xeox agrees and punches in a few landing coordinates.

The Time Machine
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-17-2017, 02:36 AM

The ship lands near an oasis a little ways outside the city. The doors open and our team of party seekers steps off the ship.
Xeox: A pleasant climate for a walk.
Yumeh: The sand will get in my paw pads.
Cecilia: I'll carry you 'till we get there!
Without wasting a moment, Yumeh jumps into Cecilia's arms. Their voices echo beyond the palm trees. A Mysterious stranger listens in.
Boq Boq: My antennae are twitchy...
Xeox: Mine as well.
Boq Boq: I think we're being watched...
Yumeh: All I can smell is sand.
The palm leaves rustle. A tall, womanly figure steps out before them.
Neith Kem Halt! State your business! No one ever comes to this Oasis!
Cecilia: Lapis?
Neith Kem: Who? Answer the question.
Cecilia: Um...
Yumeh: She's on to us. Cheese it!
Yumeh, suddenly unconcerned about sandy paws, wiggles out of Cecilia's arms and takes off towards the city.
Cecilia: You're so fast! Wait for me!
Xeox: Not again!
Xeox and Cecilia run after the flighty beast. Boq Boq, on the other hand, was hatching a scheme to distract Neith...

Boq Boq: So you saw us come out of nowhere, huh?
Neith Kem: Yes. How did you-
Boq Boq: Do you like useless rocks? I-I mean...precious jewels?
Neith Kem: Well, yeah...who doesn't?
Boq Boq: This little stone doesn't look like much, but if you squeeze it like so...
A glittering gold necklace draped in colorful gems appears.
Neith Kem: Wow.
Boq Boq: Just think of a style and type of material and it'll change its shape to match your thoughts. You can have this little trinket...if you don't tell anyone about what you saw here today. Ever. Deal?
Neith Kem: You got it!
Boq Boq: Great! Well gotta go.
Boq Boq starts running after the group, giggling to himself how easily humans are to placate with stones. If only they knew.

The Time Machine
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-17-2017, 02:36 AM

They make good time running. When they finally make it to the city, it's just after lunch time.
Xeox: Finally.
Yumeh: These paws have seen things.
Cecilia: *giggles* Always so dramatic, Yumeh!
Boq Boq: Let's find some grubs.
Cecilia: You mean grub as in food, not the little wiggly bugs, right?
Boq Boq: Uh, yeah, sure...
They make their way through a crowded marketplace. Smells of fresh bread and fruits permeate the air. They noticed however that despite the busy bustle of the crowd, no money is changing hands. An old merchant woman carrying basket of fish on her head caught Yumeh's attention.
Yumeh: Hello, beautiful. *he purrs* Do you have a spare fish for a hungry fellow?
Merchant Woman: *cackle* Beautiful? Oh, it's been ages since I heard that one. You know you'll have your fill at the temple hall tonight, deary.
Yumeh: I hope to see you there with this fancy fish feast.
Merchant Woman: You know it, cutie pie.
The children watched as she continues on her way through the streets. They follow her at a distance to the temple.
Boq Boq: So, we wait a little longer for grubs?
Cecilia: Yeah...it'll be worth it, though.
Xeox: Those were some fashionable flounders she was holding on her head. Such glossy silver scales! What regal style...and she said she'll be giving them away for free? I could just die! Too bad we can't take any home with us.
Yumeh: Why is that?
Boq Boq: Earth products are considered contraband on our planet. We could make a fortune otherwise.
Cecilia: *giggles* on Earth we eat the fish, not wear them! You guys are silly.

They continue their chat as they make their approach, tummies eager and rumbling for a delicious, free meal.

The Time Machine
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-17-2017, 02:37 AM

Music plays as the team walks up the busy temple steps. Yumeh proudly saunters up towards the entrance and winks at the guards.
Yumeh: They're with me, my good men!
The guards nod and lift their weapons, motioning for them to pass into the hall. Cecilia picks Yumeh up and smiles at the guards as she skips inside down the halls. Xeox examines the writing and various murals on the walls.

Xeox: Hmm, that's an interesting way of describing it...
Boq Boq: Heh, clay vessels. Yeah, they went all poetic on their creation, didn't they? It'll cause problems later on, but-

Xeox: You should take some discreet scans of these for your project.
Boq Boq: Affirmative. Discretion will be taken.
One of the guards raises an eyebrow and tries listening into the odd language. Boq Boq notices, takes his sister's hand and leads her away as he motions to the guard an implication that she isn't all there. Meanwhile, Cecilia's found her way into the dining section...
Cecilia: I'm gonna get you some milk.
Yumeh: Such a good girl. Get yourself one of those honey buns while you're at it.
Cecilia: Ooo, yummy!
'Where is that woman with the fish?', Yumeh thinks to himself as he scans the crowded room. His keen eyes eventually catch a glimpse of a familiar silver shine. He waves her over with her full basket and eats his fill of fish.

The Time Machine
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-17-2017, 02:37 AM

As the evening progresses into night, the crowds watch as the sky changes colors and dance to the music. The children have had their fill of food and entertainment.
Yumeh is revitalized like never before. Cecilia falls asleep beside Yumeh on a large plush pillow.
Xeox: Did you get the scan?
Boq Boq: Ya I got it.
Xeox: Good.
Boq Boq: And, I may have stashed a few silver scales as well.
Xeox: That's dangerous! But, hey, remember how we were talking about how Cessy's grandpa helped us when we crashed before?
Boq Boq: Yeah?
Xeox: Did you remember to ask him about all this beforehand?
Boq Boq: Well...
Xeox: You know how attached humans are to their young.
Boq Boq: We'll go back in the morning.

Meanwhile, back in present-day Menewsha, an old man is startled awake from his peaceful slumber. He tries to get back to sleep but has a nagging feeling that something is wrong deep in his gut. He steps into his slippers and pops some tobacco in a pipe. With his house robe firmly tucked, he takes a walk down the hall to his study.