Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 09-07-2014, 12:14 AM

"The fate of many lives, rest in their hands."

Long ago in the age of kingdoms and those who protected it, a small band of beings known as Samurai broke off from a kingdom located on an island in the see. They ciculated around the world, under the leadership of a man who sought peace and equality for a land to call home. Locating a large span of land, they began to set up a home near the see. It was a beautiful place, and word of it began to spread throughout lands far out of its reach. People began to come, and as they did, the new home began to grow and evolve. The worriors and the people elected the man who had helped to found this new place as its first king. He named the growing kingdom Eternia, to be a land of eternal peace and equalitiy to those who came to it. Under his rule, the land and people prospered.

The Samurai worriors who had come with him, became an elete guard that dedicated themselves to protecting the kingdom and keeping balance. They swore their loyalty to the king and people, creating an adaption of the origional code they had been tought in becoming Samurai. In this right, the Order of Eternia was formed. Their skill and power became well known, the Order coming to be held in high reguards, respected and reveared throughout the world. Worriors came from all over, in order to test themselves to become part of its ranks. In order to become one, they had to prove themselves worthy. Even after that, few survived the training to become a full fledged member of their ranks. Many gave up in the end. Over the years, the Order came to decide that change was needed within its ranks.

For as the world grew, so did the presence of good and evil within it. Beings led by both good and evil were beginning to be sighted among the land of man. They became known as celestials and demons. They were drawn by the hearts of men, often tempting them or corrupting them. The outcome and who was attracted depended on what was in a person's heart. Not even Eternia was safe from this, as there were those who would have liked nothing more than to see the kingdom fall. The Samurai desired a method of keeping those who could be easily swayed by demons out of their ranks, to prevent them from learning knowledge that could harm others. At the same time, they sought a way to continue helping those who sought knowledge and light, showing them the good in Eternia and in humanity. Unfortunately, as they pondered this, their nightmares became a reality.

For awhile, a powerful student within the ranks of the Samurai began to waver. They had hoped he would be a bright future for the kingdom, but he began to waver. He noticed that with some of those who came to the kingdom looking for peace and equality, they brought with them some of the very things the kingdom hoped to avoid. Cast systems, slaves and various other obsticles pushed at Eternia's boundaries. The king had been growing older, and though he was just, he believed in working things out peacefully without violence. This student began to see him as weak, and that under him, the kingdom would fall. It is unknown what happened fully with him, but one night an army of demonic beings led by him invaded the kingdom. Many were killed, the king and the Order doing what they could.

Answering their hearts, and prayers, a force of celestial beings came to the aid of the Order, striking down the student and the army. The student fled with what was left of his demons. It was in the aftermath, that the celestial beings approached them with a gem called the Heaven's Star. It was a gift, to help them with their origional goal. If someone strong of heart, will and mind, but also pure and good were to touch it, the stone would glow. It's light would bless those and choose them as the new hope for the kingdom and order. The beings then vanished. Over time, Eternia healed. But still, things began to faulter a bit. The event that had become known as the Fracture had infected darkness within the kingdom. Fewer and fewer people who came to seek the right to join the Order were able to make the stone glow. The threat of a cast system and the other troubles grew.

The king passed, and a new ruling family was brought in by the people. Unfortunately, the Order feared that the darkness had now reached the heart of Eternia..it's new king. As the years passed, Eternia's origional goals seemed to fade a bit. The cast systems took over, and things changed for the people. Now in present day, the king is a darker man, who rules with an iron fist. He demands respect of his people, and is both loved and hated, depending on where one stands in social class. The Order has fought to maintain their integrity, and though while still loved and highly respected by the people, they are bound under order of the king. On top of all of this, the battle around the world between demons and the celestials is growing...and it seems that Eternia has been set as the center stage...

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 09-07-2014, 12:17 AM

~ Roleplay Information ~

9/6/14- Recruitment thread created, main thread construction begun.

9/7/14- Three new factions created.

Last edited by Kiyoto; 09-07-2014 at 03:26 PM..

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 09-07-2014, 12:20 AM

~ Rules ~

1. Respect me as the GMs, this means: Do not question my decisions, as the GM, I have the final choice and say within the rp. I understand a little help, and I make mistakes, but much of what I decide, I decide for a reason. So trust in me and my work.
2. Respect all other members of the roleplay
3. Follow all Mene rules.
4. Yaoi and yuri allowed, so respect this, and if you do not like it respect those who do.
5. PM all profiles to Me titled with the name of the Rp or they will not be looked at
6. Keep ooc within the ooc. This is your only warning.
7. No godmodding please -.-
8. POST A GOOD SIZED PARAGRAPH MINIMUM. I understand writers block, but NO one or two liners. They take up a lot of space, and are hard to reply to.
9. I will add/subtract and update the rules as needed.

~ Important Links ~

Recruitment Thread

OOC

Accepted

~ Profile Skeleton ~

HTML Code:
[FONT="Book Antiqua"][RIGHT][COLOR="Color"][B]The Puppetmaster[/B][/COLOR]
[username]

[img]pic here[/img][/RIGHT]

[B][COLOR="Color"]My name is:[/COLOR][/B]
[name]

[B][COLOR="Color"]My friends call me:[/COLOR][/B]
[nickname]

[B][COLOR="Color"]I was born here, so that makes me:[/COLOR][/B]
[birthday/age]

[B][COLOR="Color"]When love is on my mind:[/COLOR][/B]
[sexuality]

[B][COLOR="Color"]Who's side am I on:[/COLOR][/B]
[Faction you fall under and your role/what you do in it]

[B][COLOR="Color"]The good and bad about me:[/COLOR][/B]
[personality]

[B][COLOR="Color"]I am a force not to take lightly:[/COLOR][/B]
[Powers for demons/celestials. Strengths or what your best at for all other factions]

[B][COLOR="Color"]I hate to admit it, but I'm not perfect:[/COLOR][/B]
[weakness, what you lack]

[B][COLOR="Color"]My arsenol contains:[/COLOR][/B]
[If not a Samurai, Royal Guard, Demon or Celestial, delete this]

[B][COLOR="Color"]My hopes and dreams drive me:[/COLOR][/B]
[what is your character's goal in life, what is their deepest hopes and dreams for the future.]

[B][COLOR="Color"]The raw facts of my past are:[/COLOR][/B]
[bio]

[B][COLOR="Color"]Only one thing left to say:[/COLOR][/B]
[Extra][/FONT]

Last edited by Kiyoto; 09-22-2014 at 12:45 AM..

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 09-07-2014, 12:39 AM

~ Factions ~

Demons

Demons are creatures of darkness, who harness the power in various ways. They are attracted to the dark or negative feelings in people's hearts, seeking corruption, death and waste most of the time. They come in both human and beast forms, and at times can possess people or take on a human form to fool the eye. Not much is known about them at this point.

Celestials

Celestials are beings of light. They typically take on more human appearances, but they also have some animal forms. They are attracted to the goodness and light in people, and protect or help those they deem worthy. However, they value order and law, which may not always work in man's favor. They seek the good of the world over all. Not much is known about them at this point.

The Royal Family

The royal family has been leading Eternia from the beginning. The first was a man who traveled over with the original Samurai and built Eternia. The current royal family consists of the King and the Prince, the queen having passed from complications from a demon encounter. The king's word is law, he governs over the kingdom and its people. He makes all the important choices for the kingdom. It is his job to be the deciding force in the kingdom.

Order of Eternia

The Order is a faction made up of Samurai. They are the elite of the Eternia, held in high respects and honor by all, even outside the kingdom. They are tasked with protecting the kingdom and its people. They live by a strict code, and are bound under the rule of the king. To become one, a person must face the "Rite", in making the gem given to them glow. Once a person is made a samurai, they are unable to leave the temple grounds without permission, meaning they can never return home unless granted that right. They are known easily by their uniforms, a separate one for men and women. New recruits must be seventeen or older to even apply for the rite and begin attempting to become Samurai.

The King's Guard

With fewer and fewer new editions to the Order, the guard was set up as a defense for Eternia. Their the military side, the pure power behind the king. Their skills are below that of a member of the Order who are the elite, but they know their way around a weapon and a battle field. Typically the one's leading or giving them direction is the king or the Order itself. They accept members at the age of seventeen like the Order, but they do not require a rite. If you can fight, you can apply. They wear armor, typical in nature for a guard. They are eyes and ears around the kingdom, though people tend to be a bit more stiff and composed around them.

The Clergy

These are those in charge of the temple. They are the holy force behind the kingdom, comprised of Monks, Priests, Priestess, Healers, etc. One can begin their path to enlightenment at a young age if desired. Most have taken a vow of chastity and given up worldly possessions such as alcohol and other substances. They are under direct order of the king. They take care of the Order, who use the temple as a home and training ground for their ranks. Though it is rumored that some of the clergy are corrupt, and are not as good as they would like to appear. They are the most typical form of the king's eyes and ear around the kingdom.

High Class

The high class people of Eternia, own much of the better housing and business. They have grown to hold themselves above the lower classes, and often treat the lower classes as slaves or beneath them. They have money and influence, not afraid to flaunt it. This is not all of them however, there are those who are good hearted among their ranks. They believe themselves to be owed or able to get whatever they want. They often have easy lives, with everything taken care of for them.

Middle Class

The middle class is considered the more comfortable class in Eternia. Their not as looked down upon by the high class, and are able to take care of themselves more than the lower ones. Their often the ones who work within the main part of the kingdom. They typically value hard work and their trade, though often try not to assossiate with those lower than them, because they at the moment are seen as decent by the upper class. They do work hard, but still have it easier than the lower class.

Lower Class

The lower class work on the farms and the odder jobs that others don't want to do, or are deemed as disgusting or demeaning. They live in villages around the kingdom, or in the lower parts at the rim. Their looked down upon greatly by the upper class, but not seen as bad with the middle one. They are typically publically avoided by both, unless absolutely needed. They have to work hard to get by, and are often the last to get things within the kingdom.

Last edited by Kiyoto; 09-07-2014 at 03:25 PM..

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 09-07-2014, 12:58 AM

~ Reserved ~