maxiekun
*^_^*

Old 01-01-2008, 10:29 PM

I want to open an art shop where I'll sell head shot pieces, but I'm not completely sure how to go about opening one.
In other words, what should I have posted in my art shop to appeal most to customers?
and most importantly
What should I price my work at?

here are some examples of free work I've done:
[x][x][x]
[o]

Any assistance is appreciated.

Aeschylus
Sarcasm Machine

Old 01-01-2008, 10:47 PM

Those are great... T_T
I think one head shot should be around 100 - 150 G.

Tyler
*^_^*
Send a message via Yahoo to Tyler

Old 01-01-2008, 10:56 PM

Wow very nice are there.

I would recomend also practicing a bit on body structure, for pricing i would say-
Headshots:110g
waist up:200g
fullbody:300g

But very nice art work there.

Squid-chan
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Squid-chan

Old 01-01-2008, 11:33 PM

OH PSHAWW.

<3

Charge a whole bunch! Start high, and if no one buys, go lower! xB

Also, what's this I hear about you wantin' to leave?!

:|

Demari
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-01-2008, 11:45 PM

those are really good

nescia
(^(エ)^)

Old 01-02-2008, 12:36 AM

I might just be out of touch with art prices here, but I'd value those headshots over 200 gold, maybe even 300 gold.
For your shop, I'd just say that you should post those nice samples and a little bit about yourself.
I'm sure that you'll do well.

Kadrias
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via AIM to Kadrias Send a message via MSN to Kadrias

Old 01-02-2008, 12:55 AM

Those are awesome! Nescia pretty much said what I was going to, I think those could easily sell for 300!
Maybe start at 200 or 250, and if they sell well, up the price. Or take nescia's suggestion and see what people offer. :3

thrivis
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to thrivis

Old 01-02-2008, 06:13 AM

• Ooh! That animated one is really cute! :D I think your headshots are worth more than 200 too. You put a fair amount of detail into them, and they're color, that's a lot of work! Doing what Kadrias said might be a good idea: start 200-50 or so then go up if that proves to bring people in. Good luck on your shop when you start it!

Tyler's text is really small. o_o;

maxiekun
*^_^*

Old 01-02-2008, 06:40 AM

Thank you for your help everyone. ^^

ScarletStratholme
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-13-2008, 06:35 AM

I think price it in terms of time and how fast you type and what you want.

If you type fairly quickly and have a lot to say and are rather intelligent and don't get yourself banned for saying certain no-no things...and you enjoy chattering away...then think to yourself, "What is the amount of gold I could get per hour by typing here?"

Then, think to yourself, "How long does it take me to doodle a headshot?"

And lastly, "Which is most enjoyable to me?"

Formula:
{Amount of time to make headshot in gold/hour) x (gold you make / hour typing)= minimum you ought to charge for a headshot.

Of course, if you HATE chatting, you oughta doodle prollies. If you hate doodling, you ought to try chattering.

ALSO you gotta factor in what you want...maybe you don't give a damn about gold and it's ok to you to not get gold cause you're fine and happy making friends and doing headshots whenever you feel like...but if you want art from this person or that, and they require your life-savings...then you might consider upping the speed OR upping the quality or both of your headshots, in order to up the price.

Lastly, look around...see what similar headshots are going for.

I think around 250g for colored headshot, nice, crisp, clean.

But animated you could prolly charge higher.

If you wanna seriously up the quality cause you don't wanna make a bajillion...and you wanna show the world what you can do, then consider a collaboration with a few other artists, and offer a full body cg or something. That gives people a good idea of what you can do. Make sure to do an excellent job like you've done with your animated head there, and people will come back for more, they will notice you. :) You'll get offers and it's easier that way vs. say, opening and running your own shop.

Opening your own shop's a hassle cause you need borders, and you need to fill orders rather quick and you gotta do something to keep ppl chattering in your shop--so basically you gotta do a lotta output or have a large following or somesuch and that's tough to do in the beginning.

rainbow disfunction
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-13-2008, 08:23 PM

Those are amazing drawings :]]
I would price them around 200g.