ladyumbra
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-21-2007, 07:05 PM

Title: To dwell in darkness
Writer: ladyumbra
Pairing: none
Rating: pg 13
Warnings/Kinks/Summary:none
Disclaimers: I don't own anyone tis sad.
A/N: Written originally for the HP vamp community

It had seemed like such a good idea at the time, of course they did say the road to hell was paved with good intentions. Not that Nymphadora Tonks would have known such a muggle saying. Nonetheless it had seemed like a good idea, posing as a vampire infiltrating their ranks in an attempt to see if Voldemort had corrupted them yet.

The transformation itself had been simple enough once she’d decided upon a hair colour and style. That had been the most difficult if only because she needed to look correct for the time she was to say she had died in. she’d finally settled for saying she’d been turned recently and gone with a sort of dirty blond hair falling just past her shoulders.

A great deal of preparation had gone into getting her ready for her infiltration. Severus had brewed several potions that she was to drink Dailey to keep her blood chilled and mask its living scent. Moody had taught her to breathe invisibly and to lie if caught by Saying it was still habit. The pair of them had quizzed her endlessly for two months on the known etiquette and procedures followed by vampires until she couldn’t possibly make a mistake . Yhe only thing that was still wanting was grace apparently nothing in the magic realm could cure the fact that she was clumsy however, they hoped this would be dismissed aging as newness.

So she had set off towards a tavern the order had discovered was frequented by vampires and begun her little charade. All had gone well for the first month, she made a few contacts got snippets of information and appeared to be accepted by all she met.

Then Murphy had struck because all good things must come to an end.

After a brutal debate over he who must not be named that had left several people without a leg to stand on literally, Tanks had left the tavern for walk . She’d strode down the darkened streets of London Avoiding the streetlamps heels clattering loudly on the uneven cobblestone She’d been seething inside , how could those creatures possibly think like that, it was ludicrous turn Harry and give him the power to destroy Voldemort.

She’d growled low in her throat at the thought . Harry would never agree to such a plan he would know that such a plan while having the possibly of destroying he who must not be named could also potentially destroy himself as well.

She’d ran her tongue over a fang and relished the smoothness of it, at first it had been a foreign feeling to her but now it was second nature and she had to admit that when the assignment was over she would miss her fangs.

An old with in raggedy robes shuffled towards her carrying several packages a foot away from her she stumbled and fell to the ground her things scattering. With an audible sigh she bent down and began to pick the things up, how on earth could the order have sent dung as her contact he had all the subtly of a dragon in heat. As she picked up the last parcel within reach she looked into Mungs eyes.. except they weren’t they were the eyes of another vampire and they flowed yellow .for a moment Tonks was confused she’d helped someone out yes but not all vampires were anti-social.

“ You're looking a little off today” the vampire hissed “ Perhaps you should use a mirror more often.. or a store window if that will do” she’s said advancing on Tonks

Tonks swore and backed up, she’d failed to realize when gathering the packages that she’d stepped partially under the streetlight, and that her reflection had shown in a shop window when she’d stood up.

Finished her little mental flashback Tonks returned herself to reality, she was sitting on a cold stone floor knees tucked under her chin the dark room lit only by a small lantern. The walls were stone as well the decor was not what Tonks was concerted with. No far more worrying was the fact that the next time she left her cell would be the last times she’d leave it alive.

She’d never change again so she’d best pick how she wanted to be , they said and dying would drain all the magic out of her blood her only defenses would be those she learned from then on. And she’d been assured her clumsiness would be conquered in this. She would never see an order member again, never join in the fight against you know who as she was soon t be classified as neutral.
It had seemed like a good idea at the time, and now they said she would masquerade forever as one of them. The cell door open Tonks unfurled and stood ready to face her final transformation.

End notes: This is is a one shot with the possibility of being continued but I'm not certain if I ended it a bit too forcefully for that or even if anyone would be interrested in seeing more? Opinions please?

Immortaleyes
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Immortaleyes

Old 10-03-2007, 02:19 AM

Wow, that is interesting.
I can't help but wonder if the other order members will try and save her, or leave her to the fate of becoming a vampire.
I want more of the story!
It fits Tonks so well. Though it makes me a little sad that she messes up so badly.

ladyumbra
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-03-2007, 02:20 PM

Sorry for the long wait. I totally forgot I posted this. I have plan to add more starting next year. i want to take some time and plot out exactly where i will go.