Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-25-2015, 08:59 PM

Key wandered into the living room where he had beanbags in front of the couch. He set the new game down next to the controllers he left lying on the floor. compared to other things in the little home, his tv looked new and both and Xbox and Playstation 3 say in front of it. He had a little shelf that held his games and a couple movies. But mostly games.

"Alright, laundry. That uh...sounds good," he muttered. He hadn't thought about that. Laundry after all, was somewhat private. No matter how he dressed, he was still a man. "But you know it's not hard to do. I'm sure you'll catch on quick. Now," he paused as he turned toward the kitchen. "I was thinking of making myself a sandwich for lunch. You want one?"

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-25-2015, 09:40 PM

The apartment was cramped, to her who had always lived in mansions. Every game, and the inelegant poufs, drove home that this wasn't her space. She'd never been faced with that feeling before.

At the mention of food, Priscilla was embarrassed to hear her stomach grumble loudly. "Uhm … yes please?" What kind of meal would it be? Without asking, she headed for the kitchen.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-25-2015, 09:46 PM

Key smiled. "Great! You don't have any food allergies do you? Or like veganism? Is that the right word?" he pondered as he pulled open the little fridge. Inside, he'd crammed all sorts of food, half of the healthy sort and half of the very opposite of that. The bread sat on a shelf and he yanked that out along with some packages of deli meats. He had to crouch down and rummage some to find a fresh tomato and some lettuce which sounded like a perfectly good sandwich to him. "I usually toast my bread and put mayo on it. How about you?" he asked when he turned back to Priscilla.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-25-2015, 09:52 PM

"No allergies, and no veganism." She peeked over Key's shoulder. Fridges were strange things. This one was filled with a fifty/fifty mixture of unhealthy and wholesome food. It nearly all looked alien to her, because she was so used to seeing the end product, and not the ingredients. For the first time, she felt embarrassed about that, and turned away to hide her blush.

When asked about how she made sandwiches, Priscilla cringed a bit. "I've ... never made a sandwich before. Usually I ask the staff, and they make it for me." Priscilla glanced at Key. He couldn't think of her as anything other then spoiled, entitled. But could she help the way she was raised, and the life she had been born to?

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-25-2015, 10:13 PM

Key pouted a little and looked at his sandwich ingredients then back at Priscilla. He saw her hide a blush and cringe though so he backed off before he said anything. "It's okay. But just...wow! You've at least eaten a sandwich before haven't you? Do you know what they put on it?" he asked. Honestly, this all baffled him. Please let her say she'd eaten a sandwich though. Otherwise he might explode. Everyone had to have eaten sandwiches. It was starting to hit him just how different of worlds they came from which meant...

A look glee took over Key's face for a second. He had so many things he had to show here then! Never mind Priscilla being spoiled. They were going to have fun!

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-25-2015, 10:32 PM

The way Key acted eased Priscilla's worries a bit. She even smiled, though it was small. "Of course I've had sandwiches before. My favorites are BLTs and ones with avocado in them." Though how they were actually prepared, she had only the vaguest of ideas and no experience actually doing. She knew calligraphy, horse riding, latin and french. Priscilla could plan a galla, fund raise like no other, and sweep away the problems of others with a few words, but when it came to the most simple of things that normal people could do without thinking, she was entirely lost.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-25-2015, 11:06 PM

Key breathed a sigh of relief. "Oh, that's great! I was worried there for a second." He found himself laughing a little as he went to put the bread in the toaster. At least he knew a little more about her, but he figured they could stay up through the night and still know so little about each other's world. "I like BLTs too, but a good turkey club is my favorite. Well, I only have turkey and salami meat, but I should be able to whip up something that both of us will find yummy...ah!" The toaster binged and he jumped a bit before he shuffled the toast onto a paper plate. He threw together two quick sandwiches and handed one over to Priscilla.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-28-2015, 01:11 AM

The sandwich didn't have the quality she was used to, but it did have something else. Key's want to prepare her something, to help her, was more genuine then nearly any she'd come across before. So Priscilla took the sandwich with a smile and a thanks, and took a bite even tough she knew it wouldn't at all taste near as good as things like this had all her life, but it didn't matter so much in face to the fact that she might have found a new home, and a real friend ... If only they could get along.

"What do you do? For work, I mean. You do work, right?" She didn't work per say, but she supposed her charity work could be called that. If she wanted to earn money at the moment ... she couldn't do anything, not really.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-28-2015, 01:33 AM

Key bit into his sandwich with far more gusto than someone who claimed to be a 'princess' should. It sure tasted good to him though and he'd been famished for quite some time now. Finally having food made him savor it. "Work? Of course!" he chuckled. He supposed the idea must be foreign to Priscilla though if she were as spoiled as she seemed. "I used to more ordinary things once upon a time, but I ended up chasing my passion. Now I'm part of a small acting troupe. We do musicals in the local theaters. It's not much, but lately we've gotten some attention so who knows! Maybe there's a bright star in my future!"

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-28-2015, 01:40 AM

Acting? She was friends with an actor? She laughed a bit, delighted by the idea. "That is so ... so amazing!" Priscilla munched on her sandwich for a while, before speaking up again. "I don't even really know what I'm passionate about. Maybe I'm not passionate about anything?" She had likes, but even those seemed false, now that she had set out into the world on her own.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-28-2015, 02:38 AM

Key licked his fingers and finished off his sandwich before offering her a smile. "It's a little amazing, but it's not all the glamour of tv or Broadway. Still, I'm happy where I am much more than anywhere else I've been in my life." He set his plate aside. Priscilla's words made his own passionate heart ache. "Oh come now, I'm sure there must be something! Everyone has something even if it takes them half their life to find it." He sighed wistfully and dropped his chin into his palm. "What's it like to grow up rich?"

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-28-2015, 07:11 PM

She put her food aside, and then crossed her arms with a huff. "Well I haven't found it yet." At the mention of her riches, of what she had run away from, Priscilla's face fell. "I had everything I wanted, whenever I wanted, but I didn't have any real friends. All the house staff thought I was spoiled and entitled," said Priscilla. She blushed at the last bit, knowing that they had probably been right.

"It isn't all the movies make it out to be. Not when you aren't raised right."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-28-2015, 07:24 PM

Key tried to smile at her in comfort. Though he wasn't quite sure what to console her with, or even if he should. "Isn't it something that you at least know it?" he finally said, figuring that a little wisdom would do better than sugar coated words or blatantly agreeing. Sure Priscilla seemed entitled, but he didn't hate her for it. A brighter smile crossing his face, he tried to keep the conversation light. "Come on, tell me what you did for fun? There must be so many different choices than what's offered me! What do you do with your free time?"

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-30-2015, 02:18 AM

What had she done with her free time? "I rode." Priscilla tried not to break out in tears. "I was a show jumping champion, and I had to leave my horse behind when I ran away." Key was trying so hard to keep her in a good mood ... Pris could see it, even if she didn't mention that she did. "I knit. I chose no to watch too much television. I also went out boating, and traveled whenever I wanted." She started sounding wistful. "Oh the places I've seen ..." It was probably the only reason she was aware of how spoiled she was.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-30-2015, 02:28 AM

"As in a horse?" Key blurted in before Priscilla even finished saying so. He pinkened a little and quieted until she finished speaking. Even so, there was a sparkle in his eyes as he listened. Finally, he let out a blissful, "Wow!" He guessed that Priscilla must miss some of that and he couldn't blame her. He couldn't even comprehend that kind of life. "I know it wasn't all fun for you, but it still sounds so amazing. Until my parents disowned me, I'd never even left my home town! I've never done any of that before. Unless you count sewing in home-ec class." He frowned at that memory. "But you know, that's a useful skill."

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-30-2015, 02:43 AM

"I've always thought of learning how to sew, but it wasn't exactly a priority. It's a much less portable hobby then knitting." Priscilla opened her mouth, closed it... Then decided to speak her mind after all. "Your parent's disowned you?" It seemed like they had opposite problems, her with a father who wanted to control her life, and he with parents who wanted nothing at all to do with him.

"I don't understand, you're so nice, and pretty, and you have such a good heart!" She sounded indignant at the very idea. Imagining Key with a family who wanted nothing to do with him riled her up, made her want to do ... she knew not what. Priscilla had to admit, she was already rather too fond of Key. It just had been so long since anyone had been nice to her, and he was so adorable, she couldn't help it!

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-30-2015, 03:20 AM

Key nodded his head to that though he continued to chatter in defense of sewing. "I think embroidery would be really nice. Such cute things and I think it's portable!" Not that he knew much about that or knitting other than he associated that with his great grandmother and very itchy sweaters that must be worn on Christmas day.

Biting his lip, Key smoothed out his skirt and stared at his legs. No matter if he shaved and encased them in stockings, they were still a man's legs. In another situation, he might laugh over his get up. "Why? Alabama isn't exactly the most progressive state in this country. Pangender isn't even a real thing back home. It's all a lie, eh? Like trans and gay mean the same thing because you can't be one or the other." He turned a little more pink at the compliments, though thinking of home saddened his thoughts. "I'm still Keith to them."

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-30-2015, 03:29 AM

Priscilla sidled over to Key, and hugged him quick and fast. "I know there's a lot I don't understand about the world, but I have learned that ... a person is a person, and fundamentally we have more in common then we have differences." She pulled back a bit to give Key a bit of a smile. "I'm just sorry your parents don't realize that ... and I think it's their loss! I mean, it takes someone really special to take in a stranger on a moment's notice, open their home to them, like you did for me today."

She blushed and stepped away. "And I really am thankful you did, take me in that is."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-30-2015, 04:10 AM

Key jumped at the hug because he got so lost in his thoughts that he forgot about the physical world for a second. Glancing up, he found himself looking right at Priscilla. "Thank you," he squeaked. Why oh why did he have to feel so school-girlish in front of her like this? This wasn't normal, though he supposed nor was the conversation. "Ah, it was nothing really. I just couldn't say no to someone who might be sad. Geez, I don't normally say all this stuff to people I just met."

He smiled and stood to get the dishes. "Are you sure you don't want me to teach you a few video games?"

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-30-2015, 10:19 PM

Priscilla was out of her depth. She had dealt with royalty before, and yet didn't know how to act around this one young man. What was wrong with her? Hearing that he had told her things he usually kept to himself made her heart flutter just a bit.

"Well .. I suppose I could try, if we started on something easy." Surely Key had something even a beginner could play. Besides, she was curious about finding out more about the young man.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-31-2015, 12:23 AM

"Great!" Key exclaimed with a small jump. "We can play a racing game! Nothing much easier than that. Just go and turn," he chuckled. They weren't his favorite short of game, but he needed to keep the zombie murder down to a minimum before he shocked Priscilla. Somehow he doubted she'd favor those games much and probably get a hell of a shock seeing him mowing down hoards of monsters.

He crouched down in front of the tv and messed with his systems until he had the right game in. The game started up and he handed Priscilla one of the controllers. "Okay, just pick a car...doesn't really matter at this point. X is go and the arrow keys steer. I swear it's simple."

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-31-2015, 12:36 AM

Priscilla followed Key into the living room, and watched with a perplexed expression as he set up the game. It looked simple enough, and she thought she could use the controller alright. She still stared at it like it was an alien, and held it between her fingers with the oddest look on her face. Gingerly, she shifted her hands, trying to imitate Key's grip.

She sat on the edge of the couch, and jumped when the engines started. Priscilla stared at her white car, and sent it reeling into the wall, driving in exactly the opposite way. For some reason, the arrow pointing the right way didn't seem to click. "Come on!" She jammed the buttons down. "Why aren't I winning yet?" Priscilla pouted and dropped the controller, crossed her arms, and glared at the screen.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-31-2015, 03:56 AM

Key laughed a bit at Priscilla's reaction, but once he started the game, he was all business. His car jumped away from the start line and he raced with a single minded vengeance. At least until Priscilla yelled and then gave up. He paused the game and suppressed a very strong desire to laugh. "Aw come on, it's a came. And you know, it's not all about winning. It's about playing," he explained. He handed her back the controller with a consoling smile. "Keep playing, pretty please? I'll stay right here and let you catch up to me if you do." His eyes sparkled with pleading as he tilted his head like a dog.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-31-2015, 08:04 PM

Priscilla couldn't say no to that face. "Alright, I'll try." She waited for the young man to start the game again, and actually followed the arrow this time. Sparks flew everywhere as Priscilla drove, hitting other cars and walls. She kept making faces and shaking her head. "I don't think I like racing games very much."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-01-2015, 03:04 AM

Key smiled as he started the game again and sat with his controller in his lap, waiting for Priscilla to get the hang of it. "Even if it's a simple game, you won't get the hang of it immediately. But you know, it's such a great way to pass the time, let loose a little anger." So was shooting zombies, but he still kept that little secret for later. "Ah look, you've caught up! Now off we go!" He started to drive again, but spent half his effort keeping an eye on Priscilla and her care as they finished up the race.