~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 12-21-2015, 06:51 AM

Cal nodded to himself. Good, the kid seemed to get it. He really didn't want to have to prove his point, so it was better that his roommate understood quickly. Deciding his presence would just make the other guy uncomfortable, he decided to wander for a bit. "I'm going out. Make yourself comfortable, don't touch my stuff, and it's safer for you if you never ask where I'm going." He said. Without waiting for an answer, he shoved his hands in his pockets and left the room.

Sarahbelle
Rip Van Winkle

Old 12-21-2015, 08:12 AM

"I dunno... challenging, I guess would be the way to put it?" Since Rosemary said she was fine with the arrangement, Jenny slipped off her shoes and then sat on her own bed cross-legged. It was polite to get to know your roommate, and she liked learning new things, so why not sit and chat awhile while the other got settled in. She was still completely oblivious to how she was overwhelming Rosemary, but at least she was rather calm herself at the moment.

"It differs a bit depending on what your skills are and what courses you take, but while some of the professors can be really hard on you, they mean the best and some will work with you. They're just trying to get us ready for the rest of your life, you know?" Jenny herself didn't have many physically challenging courses as she didn't have abilities that would lend themselves to fighting. Instead, in addition to the required courses, she had an advisor that would give her directed studies and research projects that she would speed through. So her course load was a bit different than what Rosemary would likely experience, but she was still willing to try to give advice.

-----

"Second year, actually. This is your first, then?" He gave him a curious look, but still a friendly smile before shrugging it off. "Well, if you ever need anything, just feel free to ask me." He sat down his bags and began unloading his things into some drawers or whatever was there. He seemed to have varying interests himself, from his musical instruments to some sports memorabilia and even some philosophy books. He did notice Tumaini's frustrations with the thermostat.

"Yeah, they don't trust us with those for some reason." He chuckled a little. "If it's a serious issue for you, though, you should talk to someone on staff, or maybe next time you can make it into town you could buy an electric blanket or cold packs or whatever it is you need." It was just a guess on his part that Tumaini must be an elemental user, like ice or fire, as those seemed to be a bit finicky about temperatures. Of course he was wrong, but it seemed a logical guess to him.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 12-21-2015, 09:01 PM

Tumaini nodded his head though he wasn't sure how much he would ask the other boy for help. Though he was pathetic and probably needed it, he preferred to suffer alone with his problems. That way he could only blame himself in the end. Unzipping his bag, he mimicked Crispin and started to unpack. He only had the one large bag and a smaller handheld one so it wouldn't take him long in the end. Out of the corner of his eye, he couldn't help but watch the other boy and inspect his things. No matter how he looked at it, Crispin looked like an entirely different person from him.

"Thanks," Tumaini mumbled back. "It's not a big deal though. I'll...be fine..." He said that, but his voice lacked confidence. He'd survived up until now though even if his body didn't work like most people's. He pulled out a large, this blanket from his bag and dropped it onto the bed before arranging rocks in the windowsill, glancing over at Crispin to see if he would comment anything about it. He felt no need to inform the other of his power or weakness though, so he would just do as he needed. "Is there anything else we need to do today?"

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 12-22-2015, 07:06 AM

Rosemary moved to start setting up her side of the room. She didn't have much, just some clothes to put away, an old C.D. player and headphones, and a small box of books which she slid under her bed. She listened intently as the other girl spoke, unwillingly learning from her emotions that she was telling the truth as best she could. "W-well, I-I guess that's p-pretty reassuring." She said, turning to sit on her bed so she could face the other. "S-so our courses are b-based on our p-powers?" That was interesting. She wondered what courses she'd be given. "Is it...is it o-okay to ask...wh-what other p-people's powers are?" She asked shyly. She liked her roommate so far, and wanted to get to know her a little better.

Naruto forever
I lied. I'm like 200% gay

Old 01-24-2016, 04:43 AM

Oliver watched as Cal walked out of the room and let out a deep breath. He had kind of hoped that he would have a roommate like Cal, in the sense that there wouldn't be too many conversations, but he didn't like how scary Cal seemed. It was nerve-wracking. "Just keep to yourself Oliver," he told himself, "If you avoid him enough then you won't need to see him, and he'll become less scary." Of course, that wouldn't actually work. Avoiding someone would only make them seem scarier, but Oliver really wasn't in the mood to "face his fears" or whatever. Once he was done unpacking he sat on his bed to think for a few minutes. He wasn't sure if he wanted to stay in the room and avoid everyone at all costs, or go out and try to find somewhere nice to be. The first option seemed more relaxing, but he didn't like the idea of Cal coming back and having another tense situation. So, Oliver stood up and walked out of the room. He began to roam the halls, somewhat mindlessly, hoping to find some sort of living commons or something.

XxX

Ava nodded, carefully listening to Tarja's words. "I'm not really good at the whole thinking hard and fast thing, but I plan to work really hard so I'm hoping I'll do good here!" she said happily, "I can't even imagine the things they'll teach us! It's so exciting to think about!"

She was slightly taken aback when Tarja gave a pointed look, but she nodded nonetheless. Those were words people told her a lot, she always had a habit of only seeing the good in people, or rather forcing herself to not see the bad. It wasn't out of kindness or anything, she just figured that if she was too harsh on other people they wouldn't like her. But, Ava was grateful for the advice nonetheless. She smiled happily. "I'll keep that in mind!"

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-27-2016, 11:11 PM

Tarja hummed a noncommittal response in return. "Well, you might as well get comfortable and enjoy this peace then. Classes start tomorrow and believe me, they don't go easy on the newbies." With that last parting bit of advice, she finished setting up her things, each of the books she brought arranged neatly by author. Most were old texts for school and theories on superpowers, but behind them, she tucked away adventure stories where prying eyes wouldn't see. Then, she flopped onto the bed with one of her books and read for the rest of the day, ignoring the presence of her roommate.

If Ava spoke, Tarja didn't hear. Part on purpose, part due to her attention on reading. She just knew that the day ended after a noisy trip to the cafeteria where she didn't sit, but took her food to eat in her room alone. It was comfortable that way and like she told Ava, tomorrow would be a challenge for her as well. She felt herself glow at the thought of a new challenge though and when she went to bed, she had to still the beating of her heart. Tomorrow, amazing things would happen.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 02-02-2016, 12:44 AM

Amanda Silvern had arrived a little late to the opening ceremonies and had taken a seat quietly at the back of the room by herself. Although she had also arrived at the campus the same way all the other students did -- that is, on the special tram car for students and faculty -- she had seemed to have misplaced her ID card. She thought she had accidentally left it on the tram car and so had walked all the way back to where she had been sitting, searching to no avail, before digging through her bag again and finally spotting it near the bottom, stuck between the pages of one of her books. Whew! Amanda knew she almost never lost things, so although the incident made her a little late, she was relieved that her ID card was safe and sound.

The ceremony was very short, only about half an hour long. Amanda took mental notes from the principal's speech, including where and when the meals were served, and listened respectfully to the teachers who would be educating and training them. Meanwhile, she looked around her at the other students. This was the start of Amanda's first year at Stratous Magus, and she was excited to meet new friends who had interesting powers of their own.

Afterward, she was able to take her bags to her assigned dormitory, where it didn't seem as if her roommate had arrived as of yet. Hmmm, that's odd, she thought to herself while wiping all of the surfaces clean. They had assigned her to room with an older student who would have unpacked by now, but no signs of anyone else was to be seen. Oh well, looks like I'll have the room to myself for now, Amanda thought cheerily. She finished unpacking her things, grabbed her keys, and poked her head out of her room, enthusiastic to meet the other students.