Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-13-2016, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Corrin View Post

You have never seen the genius that is Beetlejuice? Omg you MUST watch it!!! Michael Keaton, Gina Davis, Alec Baldwin, Catherine Ohara, Jeffrey Jones, Winona Ryder - ugh - it's AMAZING!! <3

---------- Post added 05-12-2016 at 12:49 PM ----------

Oh! Get Over It and History of the World Part 1 are also really good! Also - About Time, Belle, What If <3 Me Before You is coming to theories and it looks fantastic - The Theory of Everything was really good and so was The Imitation Game - From Up on Poppy Hill is also good :3

I told you I'd never stop listing xD;
I have heard of Beetlejuice... have seen it.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 05-16-2016, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Omg - both are fantastic!! I think Howl's Moving Castle was on the main page too - I vague rember seeing it but no idea who mentioned it if so

YES!!!! Pan's Labyrinth is BRILLIANT - I love that movie - my Spanish sucks so I read subtitles but that's one movie I even got my Mom to watch! She was confused the whole time, but she liked it for the most part anyways lol
i was confused the entire tome to. xD it was fantasitc but made no sense. i was asking my dad the entire movie. what's that? what's going on? was there a time change?

Chikyu
Celestial Potato

Old 05-16-2016, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Oh! The Secret of Kells reminds me of The Secret of Roan Inish! I think they're similar movies (haven't seen Kells yet) but it's soooo good. I've watched it a million times growing up! My poor VHS tape got so worn out lol

Oh and you must watch Beetlejuice too! Gangs of New York is another one I thought of too lol
Oh! I should check out the Secret of Roan Inish!

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-16-2016, 07:54 PM

So many good movies.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 05-17-2016, 12:46 PM

Good luck watching it all salvete. xD

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 05-19-2016, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirin Rosenbaum View Post
I have heard of Beetlejuice... have seen it.
Oh lol You didn't know who Lydia Deetz was, who is who Winona Rider plays and is like, the focal point of the movie and cartoon so I just assumed you hadn't! :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadami View Post
i was confused the entire tome to. xD it was fantasitc but made no sense. i was asking my dad the entire movie. what's that? what's going on? was there a time change?
Lol!!! Aww! Did you at least enjoy it though? I'd totally give it a rewatch too if you got a better handle on it after watching it the first time - that way it might make more sense as to the flow as a whole! :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chikyu View Post
Oh! I should check out the Secret of Roan Inish!
You should! It's really old (like 80s or 90s) so I don't know if it ever went to DVD, but it's seriously fantastic - I highly recommend it!! Could probably find it online - a lot of old movies like that always find their way online lol And if you liked Secret of the Kells then you'll definitely enjoy this film :3

Quote:
Good luck watching it all salvete. xD
Omg I know xD;
I'm trying to hold off offering any more suggestions since the list is already so long!!!

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-19-2016, 12:37 PM

It's been along tiem since I've seen the movies and hadn't remembered the name.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 05-19-2016, 02:43 PM

Gotcha gotcha - that makes sense! :3

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 05-21-2016, 02:20 AM

i did enjoy it. it's been a long time since i saw it though. and my spanish is VERY shaky. like. nonexistant pretty much shaky. i can say uno dos tres

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-21-2016, 02:27 AM

I know some. But not a lot. My brother lives in Miami and can hold conversations in Spanish.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 05-21-2016, 06:05 AM

Lol I was pretty fluent in high school but because I haven't used it since the 11th grade (graduated in 2010) I'm very broken - I know words if I hear them to a certain extent but not a lot - thank goodness for subtitles or I'd be screwed LOL And hey, uno dos tres is all you really need to know other than No habla Español LOL

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-21-2016, 12:31 PM

It was kind of cool to hear my brother talk to the waiter in Spanish when my mom and I took him to our favorite Mexican restaurant when he was home for the holidays.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 05-23-2016, 11:05 PM

i just wish that I could that. for some reason its really really hard for me to learn another language. I really fought my way through the classes. and they're were always scowling at me cause i wasn't good enough. They expected more. I was an A student before. why not now? so with so many teachers bullying me. my grades plummeted. xD

---------- Post added 05-23-2016 at 08:39 PM ----------

Quote:
Omg - both are fantastic!! I think Howl's Moving Castle was on the main page too - I vague rember seeing it but no idea who mentioned it if so

YES!!!! Pan's Labyrinth is BRILLIANT - I love that movie - my Spanish sucks so I read subtitles but that's one movie I even got my Mom to watch! She was confused the whole time, but she liked it for the most part anyways lol

i forgot that I did this. so i had to share when I stumbled across it. xD

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 05-26-2016, 03:26 PM

Hm... have you seen Gene Wilder's version of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory?

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 05-27-2016, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirin Rosenbaum View Post
It was kind of cool to hear my brother talk to the waiter in Spanish when my mom and I took him to our favorite Mexican restaurant when he was home for the holidays.
Oh that would be awesome!! I'd definitely love skills like that - I hope he keeps it up and doesn't lose it!! <3

Quote:
i just wish that I could that. for some reason its really really hard for me to learn another language. I really fought my way through the classes. and they're were always scowling at me cause i wasn't good enough. They expected more. I was an A student before. why not now? so with so many teachers bullying me. my grades plummeted. xD

---------- Post added 05-23-2016 at 08:39 PM ----------

i forgot that I did this. so i had to share when I stumbled across it. xD
I know what you mean - I was great in the classroom, and with written tests, but I have test anxiety and panic attacks so when it came time for Verbal grading (especially on the Regents Exam), I stuttered and stumbled so bad my teacher was like wtf lol I still got in the 80s for that part I think, but compared to my written and class grade it was like whaaaat lol!

Awww! That's not fair at all! That kind of pressure makes things worse for sure. Sometimes people just need extra help! It's tough using that part of the brain for some people depending on what their strengths are. They should have understood that and offered guidance and extra lessons! :/

Omg.... THAT IS FANTASTIC!!! I LOVE it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyCollinsDeArc View Post
Hm... have you seen Gene Wilder's version of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory?
Oo - good recommendation! The Tim Burton one was crazy creepy weird! :3

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 05-31-2016, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Oo - good recommendation! The Tim Burton one was crazy creepy weird! :3
I know and I prefer the Gene Wilder version. Gene Wilder is so handsome. ^_^;

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 05-31-2016, 12:08 PM

Well that's my school for you. the teachers were as big a bullies to me as the students were. xD

Inspiration
ICKy Charity Owner

Old 05-31-2016, 04:26 PM

this list is getting really large. I wonder if I'd even be able to do something like this :3 i'm terribly picky about my movies.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 06-04-2016, 07:47 PM

Thank you so much for the suggestions, everyone!

Holy cow, how am I going to watch all of these before August though o.o I've only been able to watch two of the films from your suggestions so far

Inspiration
ICKy Charity Owner

Old 06-05-2016, 02:03 AM

YOu can do it!!!

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 06-06-2016, 03:07 AM

haha first I have to find them too! Fortunately the two movies I've watched so far were very easy to find, but I remember there was another one I was about to watch a few months ago, but I couldn't find it anywhere!

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 06-06-2016, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyCollinsDeArc View Post
I know and I prefer the Gene Wilder version. Gene Wilder is so handsome. ^_^;
Me too - so much better! And I'm not even a huge Willy Wonka fan - but when I watch it I ONLY watch Gene's <3

Quote:
Well that's my school for you. the teachers were as big a bullies to me as the students were. xD
Sounds like it!! My school was full of nepotism and students who had aunts/uncles/parents working/running the school so we had kids sleeping in class because they would teach them at home later so they could catch a nap before practice. We were a sports heavy school - you were only accepted if you did school sports - my competitive synchro and solo skating didn't count - even though I won more medals and competitions than they did

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspiration View Post
this list is getting really large. I wonder if I'd even be able to do something like this :3 i'm terribly picky about my movies.
It could open up a door for you to try new genres! Or you could limit the types of movies they suggest :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by salvete View Post
Thank you so much for the suggestions, everyone!

Holy cow, how am I going to watch all of these before August though o.o I've only been able to watch two of the films from your suggestions so far
Do you have a better chunk of time where you can watch movies? You could always extend it again to give yourself more time if you know you have a block of time coming up :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by salvete View Post
haha first I have to find them too! Fortunately the two movies I've watched so far were very easy to find, but I remember there was another one I was about to watch a few months ago, but I couldn't find it anywhere!
Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon have a great selection you could try - Lifetime has all of the Flowers in the Attic movies up online still I believe - they never put My Sweet Audrina up though :(
(I'm pretty sure I already suggested these right?)

Inspiration
ICKy Charity Owner

Old 06-06-2016, 01:58 PM

Well i won't watch horror ^^;; that's an absolute not gonna flippin happen. xD

we were a sports heavy school and only cheerleading, theatre, and volleyball ever won anything.
actually.. i think the swim team may have won stuff. and possibly track, but i'm unsure on that. they weren't advertised.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 06-06-2016, 09:06 PM

My school only had Cheerleading, Baseball, Softball, Basketball, and Soccer lol Pretty limited! Had to go to the other schools around here if you wanted things like track or hockey, but I think those were the only things you could cross-register for. We didn't have swimming or volleyball! Well, we had volleyball but just as a gym sport like badminton lol But basically if you didn't play the key sports you were an outcast - and in a class of 52 it's pretty rough lol Even though we didn't have many sports, they literally drove the school! Oh! Same with Marching Band. You redeemed yourself if you were involved with that during the summer at least lol

Last edited by Emma Corrin; 06-06-2016 at 09:08 PM..

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 06-07-2016, 01:34 AM

oh gods no. music and arts were not allowed to be cool for us. You were looked down upon if you were one of them *was in most of the arts/writings/music clubs*