Immy
Winter Is Here...I think...

Penpal

Old 09-29-2013, 12:48 AM

This is to talk about things that happened at work that you don't believe should have happened in the first place. Here are my two stories so far and when they happened. Also where they happened. You don't have to say where or when they happened unless you wish to.

Rules:
1) Please be respectful, follow my rules, and Mene's TOS (bottom of page)
2) Please watch your potty mouth (I don't like to hear alot of this, considering younger kids are on here as well)
3) Enjoy, chat away.

Story One: Shop N Save - 9/28/13
Quote:
oh my god, i was hugged by a boy today (who is slow=handicapped) Don't get me wrong, i don't mind people like that, but, when they call you "Pretty" "You're pretty" "hey pretty" and then they hug you (where their head is next to your chest (i am a girl btw) it really makes you uncomfortable) Why did the customer's son have to do that? Does he not know boundaries? and his parents were the same as him...

I am going to start wearing more make up from now on, it tends to scare my customers, and maybe that boy will never hug me again...I hope...otherwise I'm complaining about that. I don't EVER want that kid near me again.
Story Two: Shop N Save - 9/28/13
Quote:
Keep in mind (I AM NOT racist, this was taken that way by me though when she said it)
A mother has three kids around the age of 8 or so. The youngest probably 7 or so was in self check out with them acting as if she was going to take a Halloween marshmallow treat. She was pretending to hide it in her hands against her chest smiling about. I figured, 'Well, she is just being a kid, it's all cool as long as she doesn't take it' So I told the mother "She apparently wants the marshmallow treat" and her mother replies "Oh she isn't going to get it" and then went back to finishing up her order as I said "Just make sure she doesn't take it out of the store" and I smiled, like I always do. I tend to look childish so people usually just assume I'm cheerful.

She looks at me after finishing her order asking me "What makes you think she was going to take it?" and I replied "The way she was hiding it in her hands in front of her chest" now this last part is what got me (now forgive me for this, but, I'm white, she was black (as well as her kids)) she said "My kids know better. Don't go saying that about black kids" and i'm thinking 'What the hell?'
Has anyone had these happened to them before or something similar? Please do share your stories (if any cussing, just use stars like ex: f**k or so.

Immy

Penpal

Old 09-29-2013, 12:49 AM

saved

Immy

Penpal

Old 09-29-2013, 12:50 AM

open for chatting

Mystic
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 09-29-2013, 03:45 PM

I have way too many stories....I've been working retail for over 10 years and fast food for 5 now. Some of the things people say and do makes me wonder what is wrong with the world. A coworker and I were actually just talking about how people, especially in this area, have a certain "entitlement" attitude. I'm a bit south of Detroit and I swear people from the city have this attitude worse than most parts of the country. I've been all over the country and I never came across an area with so many ungrateful people who think just because they're alive means they're entitled to everything. He said the same thing about the area and he's also lived across the US.

In reality, no, no one is entitled to anything. My view on it is that we live in a society where you have to work for what you get and it honestly disgusts me when people have an attitude like they're entitled to things. I work my butt off and I try to always be a gent unless someone gives me a reason not to be.

Anyway, most recently, I had a costumer trying to steal pop from my store. I work at a Subway and it's a smaller store so I know what's going on. I turned the fountain machine off so she couldn't get any pop since I had problems with her stealing before. I was watching her for a bit while I was cleaning. She brought her own cup and claimed she was trying to get water, which I have no problem with. She was like "You're machine is broken" So I said "Oh, the water should be working, ma'am". She gave me the dirtiest look and asked where the water was so I told her. A few days later I overhead her talking to her friends saying that I was a b- for turning to pop machine off. I thought it was funny and almost told her maybe she should pay for things like everyone else does but I held my tongue.

I also had several men trying to pick up on me at work. I had a few even say that they don't care I'm married and that my husband "doesn't have to know" about anything. To which I always reply that I'd tell him because we do not hide things from each other.

A few weeks ago, I had a guy come in and order his sandwich then leave his number on the counter. He noticed my ring and asked if I was married and I said yes. He tried the "he doesn't have to know" thing and I just walked away and into the back room. He started yelling for me to come out and I said no. Then he was like "I'll come back there" and he was trying to open the door to get to the back but it was latched. I came out then and told him if he didn't leave the sheriff is right across the hall and I'll have them take care of him. He left after that but I was still pretty ticked about it.

When I worked at a department store, I had a costumer trying to steal coupons that were used already right in front of me. We have these media files we keep our used coupons in and he was reaching over the counter, into my personal area and trying to steal them out of the media file. I grabbed the file and told him they were not reusable and that he does not get them back. I let my manager know because I'm pretty sure he stole the coupons from another store. Right after that, he went to another cashier and tried the same thing and I told her that I just told him that he does not get his coupons back. I paged loss prevention but he left before they made it downstairs.