Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 07-24-2015, 06:27 PM

At least feta cheese has flavor. Ricotta does not. And yet ricotta cheese is commonly used in lasagna. This be mystery to me. The cheese plottens.

kelseydee
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-24-2015, 06:33 PM

Cottage cheese is a good ricotta sub too in lasania. Drools.....

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 07-28-2015, 04:40 PM

Good morning, Dazz. Recently, I have had the good fortune of coming in contact with a few of my high school classmates. A lunch gathering was arranged, myself, and four others attended. We ate at a Native Grill which was formerly the Native New Yorker. Name change I guess. The leader of the pack was a female friend of mine during high school and she has become the center for organizing all things high school past.

For years I led myself to believe that there had been no class reunions, but I was wrong. Granted Miss J's reunions have been small, but at least there was some sort of gathering. Now that I am in touch with the queen bee of high school reunion activities, this little reindeer won't be excluded from little reindeer games.

kelseydee
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-28-2015, 06:43 PM

I wouldn't go near one of those things at gunpoint.

Dazzlingdreamberry
*^_^*

Old 07-29-2015, 07:21 AM

Well, obviously I got my phobia again. The disinclination to post. And I have been very busy at work, cleaning lots at home, plus mr x is on 2 week vacay.

But then I got a card from my cousin. I was sure my great aunt had past. She wanted to make 100. Such a tough gal. At 80 she was living alone. Even mowing the grass. But by 90 her son had taken her in. I was thinking maybe she hit 95. I couldn't open the card for 2 days. When mr x handed me the card, I got that dread feeling. I had to prepare myself to open it. Thinking how shes with all her family. How she commented when my mom past, when God calls, you got to go with him. I chuckled at that thought:) Thinking of her incredibly long and interesting life. She came to USA from Japan when she was 12. She could speak English, but with a heavy accent. Was a great cook. Had this humungously large yard. She had a greenhouse and small fish grotto. Her passion was flowers and planTs. Grape arbor. My bro and I would go for summers and they had a large tricycle. And dogs. Always a dog.

So I slit envelope. It seemed thick, like fancy. Pulled out the card. It was pic of great aunt! Said this young lady will be turning 100! She made it! They're doing a card shower. I got one yesterday. Got to gussie it up with stickers.

Never tried goats milk, cappy, tho I'm mad about goats and sheep. Yes I got your vids and please keep me on your list! I don't know if izzy can play vids on her phone. Cap, you didn't know I had a cohort because I never wrote about him:)

---------- Post added 07-29-2015 at 12:43 AM ----------

Speaking of cheese, I had lasagna recently. It had ricotta. It was purty good. I'm not fond of strong smelling cheese. #it frightens me

I've made lasagna before. Pretty labor intensive. Once I made a zucchini lasagna. That was good too.

Glad the hs reunion was a success, mr wrong! Did you know the other attendees? Folks have strong feelings about going. I won't, bro won't, gf won't. Mr x went to one. I was his guest. Got to see mr x in a suit. He looks better in regular clothes. On one occasion dressed in suit and slick black shoes, he almost fell slipping on stairs. Another of my pals won't. Yet another went to east coast for his.

---------- Post added 07-29-2015 at 01:24 AM ----------

Wow cap! Loved the vid about the golden retriever and soldier. Goldies are my fav dog.

Michy Lea
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Michy Lea Send a message via MSN to Michy Lea Send a message via Yahoo to Michy Lea

Old 07-29-2015, 03:47 PM

Wow, Dazz. Are you a writer? I popped in to be nosey about what was being talked about, and your post had me anxiously reading to see what was going on with your aunt. Glad she made 100.

I made lasagna with my sister a couple weeks ago. It was actually really easy. She used a Ree Drummond recipe. Instead of ricotta, she used cottage cheese, parmesan cheese, and provolone. I helped her make it but didn't get to taste it. It did look delicious, though.

kelseydee
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-29-2015, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by First to Never Know View Post
Wow, Dazz. Are you a writer? I popped in to be nosey about what was being talked about, and your post had me anxiously reading to see what was going on with your aunt. Glad she made 100.

I made lasagna with my sister a couple weeks ago. It was actually really easy. She used a Ree Drummond recipe. Instead of ricotta, she used cottage cheese, parmesan cheese, and provolone. I helped her make it but didn't get to taste it. It did look delicious, though.
Why didn't you taste it❔❓❔❓❔❓

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-29-2015, 08:35 PM

Hey, Dazzy! ....I hope your phobia has passed and you'll be posting again!
I soo agree with First to Never Know....I was on the edge of my seat, waiting to read what the card was about!
Happy 100 to your great aunt! Good for her! ...I bet she has some wonderful tales to tell about having been around for so long!
....Something about that Japanese blood....it seems to be laced with longevity! Lol!

So...Hope left with her parents today....to go fly to Minnesota.
She will be back on Sunday.
She hasn't been gone an hour and I already miss her!
A few days ago, as we were talking about her upcoming trip, I mentioned that I was gonna really miss her...and Hope replied, "I come right back! You not be sad and cry!"
....that started the waterworks! Lol!

I have been somewhat overwhelmed with laundry...hand washing Hope's clothes so she can have them for her trip.
For 3 weekends in a row, the Dog Guy has needed his car on the BF's day off...preventing me from being able to go to a laundromat!

The BF is off today, but he chose to work for a guy, washing windows...then, if things work out, he is supposed to work on a friend's car...and that friend offered to let us do laundry at his house! Yay!....maybe!

The BF is still happily employed at the new job...his only complaint being that payday comes every two weeks instead of weekly.
His boss has acknowledged that he has more experience than he needs to only change tires and treats him really well!

Now, I feel compelled to weigh in on the feta cheese debate! Lol!
The first time I ate feta was at the food court at the Cinderella City Mall, decades ago...at a Gyro place....
I thought it was the most disgusting thing I had ever put in my mouth! YUCK!
Years and years later, I was offered feta in a salad, at the Dog Guy's house....and it was rather tasty!
I guess that it depends on what the goats are fed and how the cheese is made as to how the flavor turns out.
So...I like SOME feta cheese....SOMEtimes....but I would never claim it to be on my favorites list!
I don't really like milk...so I have never tried goat's milk. Maybe I should try it some time and see if I like it.
I, too, love goats! They are so cute and funny! ....I wish we could have a goat where we live!...I wouldn't be cutting my grass with scissors, for lack of a weed-eater, if I had a goat!

I'm gonna try to post in Hope's thread before I get busy or distracted....
I hope your week is going well!
Happy Humpday to ya!

Last edited by Inzanebraned; 07-29-2015 at 08:37 PM.. Reason: because my phone is stupid!

kelseydee
(^._.^)ノ

Gallops across your thread in Clyde, the wonder camel. 🐫🐫🐫🐫🐫

Michy Lea
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Michy Lea Send a message via MSN to Michy Lea Send a message via Yahoo to Michy Lea

She was making meals and freezing them to eat throughout the week.

I have never tried feta cheese. I've only eaten at a Greek restaurant once. My husband and I did not enjoy it.

Speaking of gyros, the new Lay's flavor contest chips are out. I really want to try the biscuits and gravy and maybe the truffle fries, but the only one my local Walmart had the other day was the gyro kind. (The fourth kind is a reuben, which I've never tried the sandwich and don't think I'll like the chips.)

Last edited by Michy Lea; 07-29-2015 at 08:39 PM..

kelseydee
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-29-2015, 08:38 PM

Holy will power batgirl!!!!

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 08-01-2015, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzlingdreamberry View Post
Well, obviously I got my phobia again. The disinclination to post. And I have been very busy at work, cleaning lots at home, plus mr x is on 2 week vacay.

But then I got a card from my cousin. I was sure my great aunt had past. She wanted to make 100. Such a tough gal. At 80 she was living alone. Even mowing the grass. But by 90 her son had taken her in. I was thinking maybe she hit 95. I couldn't open the card for 2 days. When mr x handed me the card, I got that dread feeling. I had to prepare myself to open it. Thinking how shes with all her family. How she commented when my mom past, when God calls, you got to go with him. I chuckled at that thought:) Thinking of her incredibly long and interesting life. She came to USA from Japan when she was 12. She could speak English, but with a heavy accent. Was a great cook. Had this humungously large yard. She had a greenhouse and small fish grotto. Her passion was flowers and planTs. Grape arbor. My bro and I would go for summers and they had a large tricycle. And dogs. Always a dog.

So I slit envelope. It seemed thick, like fancy. Pulled out the card. It was pic of great aunt! Said this young lady will be turning 100! She made it! They're doing a card shower. I got one yesterday. Got to gussie it up with stickers.

Never tried goats milk, cappy, tho I'm mad about goats and sheep. Yes I got your vids and please keep me on your list! I don't know if izzy can play vids on her phone. Cap, you didn't know I had a cohort because I never wrote about him:)

---------- Post added 07-29-2015 at 12:43 AM ----------

Speaking of cheese, I had lasagna recently. It had ricotta. It was purty good. I'm not fond of strong smelling cheese. #it frightens me

I've made lasagna before. Pretty labor intensive. Once I made a zucchini lasagna. That was good too.

Glad the hs reunion was a success, mr wrong! Did you know the other attendees? Folks have strong feelings about going. I won't, bro won't, gf won't. Mr x went to one. I was his guest. Got to see mr x in a suit. He looks better in regular clothes. On one occasion dressed in suit and slick black shoes, he almost fell slipping on stairs. Another of my pals won't. Yet another went to east coast for his.

---------- Post added 07-29-2015 at 01:24 AM ----------

Wow cap! Loved the vid about the golden retriever and soldier. Goldies are my fav dog.
Congratulations on your aunt surviving until 100. My grandfather turns 94 in two days. It would totally awesome if he should also reach the century mark. Did your aunt receive a call from the president? There used to be a tradition that the president would call centenarians on their 100th birthday.

I was good friends with Miss J when we were in high school. She went and got herself a fiance so she's soon gonna be Mrs. J.
The other three I had little to do with in school, but I did recognize two of them. The one I did not recognize simply stated that she absent our senior year. I figure she was in juvey or was preggers.

Speaking of preggers, I was in Hermiston, Oregon at the super Walmart and I spied a pregnant woman with a clever shirt. The upper portion of the shirt read: Me. The lower portion of her shirt read: Mini me.
I thought it was cute.

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-01-2015, 06:00 PM

Hey, Dazzy!
I hope that phobia goes away, soon....I am curious what you've been up to...especially with Mr.X on vacay....possibly marathon sleep sessions?
You aren't close to the fires, there, in Cali, are you?
I know how scary that fire is....we had lots of wildfire scares, here, a couple years ago....whole mountainsides blackened!
This year, we have had so much rain that the blackened mountains are growing lots of new greenery.

Oh...and, btw...I, unfortunately, can not receive videos on my old and cranky phone...*pouts*
If you make a YouTube account and post your videos there, I could watch them there.

*leaves pink frosted doughnuts with sparkly sprinkles and pink lemonade for all*
!

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 08-01-2015, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzanebraned View Post
Hey, Dazzy!
I hope that phobia goes away, soon....I am curious what you've been up to...especially with Mr.X on vacay....possibly marathon sleep sessions?
I know how scary that fire is....we had lots of wildfire scares, here, a couple years ago....whole mountainsides blackened!
This year, we have had so much rain that the blackened mountains are growing lots of new greenery.

Oh...and, btw...I, unfortunately, can not receive videos on my old and cranky phone...*pouts*
If you make a YouTube account and post your videos there, I could watch them there.

*leaves pink frosted doughnuts with sparkly sprinkles and pink lemonade for all*
!
Need some blackened toast? I'm good at making blackened toast. I saw some blackened patches of ground along Highway 97 through Oregon and California on my way up to Hermiston. I know some of these fires must have stopped traffic for a while. Better them than me.

Dazzlingdreamberry
*^_^*

Old 08-01-2015, 11:50 PM

Quick post toasties. I am so off schedule. Last nite up till 4 a.m. reading, desky, tv. My newest thing is audio books. Just started mary poppins. Its Wonderful. The woman reading has English accent. I listen at 75% speed. To savour every word. Need to decompress. I know I have to ketchup on blog. Asta la Vista, bebe!

kelseydee
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-02-2015, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzanebraned View Post
Hey, Dazzy!

!
I have a you tube channel. Kelseyscrazycorner.

Last edited by kelseydee; 08-02-2015 at 01:11 AM..

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 08-02-2015, 03:50 AM

I went and saw a movie tonight. Paper towns. It was billed as a thriller, but it was actually a love story of sorts. The ending leaves you with a girl who doesn't have a plan for her life after high school, but the boy who does love her has plans to attend medical school. What was the moral of the story you might ask? None that I could see. Poor Margo. She was only kidding herself.

kelseydee
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-02-2015, 05:06 PM

Not everyone has a life plan
For some of us, life is a adventure.

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 08-02-2015, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Cheshire Pisces View Post
Not everyone has a life plan
For some of us, life is a adventure.
Believe me, Cap, I am much the same way. The movie falls a little flat to me because it tries to project onto the audience the world's view of how a seemingly ideal relationship could end up. Even if what you would expect to happen is completely upside down from what SHOULD have happened.

The movie begins with narration from the main character stating that this girl named Margo who has moved in a house directly across the street from him was a miracle. He is in love with her from the moment he lays eyes on her and they soon become best friends. The characters are nine or ten years old at this point.

As both enter high school, they have become distant. I find this premise alone to be improbable since both created a bond at an early age and were still living within close proximity to each other. Hollywood would have us believe that two kids who live so close together would, for no apparent reason, have little to do with each other upon entering high school. Ha!

The movie continues as Margo has an absolutely wonderful life living adventure after adventure while the boy wonders how they have grown apart all the while pining for the close friendship they once shared.

And then one night, Margo climbs into the boys' room and asks to borrow his mother's car. Margo explains that her boyfriend has cheated on her and that she is plotting revenge. During execution of Margo's revenge plot, the two seem to reconnect and are now romantically linked. Linked like sausage. Sausage sure sounds good right now. Good thing I am parked next to a Denny's.

Sorry about that. Hunger makes me write funny things.

Nearing the prom, our boy Elroy wants desperately to take Margo to the big dance, but Margo has vanished. Margo's parents even call the police and the boy recruits his friends into joining him in his search to find Margo. The clues Margo left behind lead them to a shack in upstate New York. A paper town. Which is a fictitious town on a map put there by cartographers to deter copyright infringement.

The group commandeer mom's minivan and it's road trip time. They arrive at the shack in this fictitious town and Margo is no where to be found. Disheartened, the group of friends want to return to Florida and after an argument they do. Except our boy Elroy. He remains undaunted in his quest to locate his childhood love.

The main character, his name is Nat (I just now looked up his name because I forgot it), sits down at the local cafe and Boom! Margo walks past the cafe. Nat rushes out to greet her and she is quite surprised by his presence, but they fall together in a meaningful embrace.

It is at this moment in the movie when you believe that the happy ending has finally arrived. Well, it doesn't. Good thing I've already finished my popcorn.

The two begin to talk and Margo has decided that she wants to live her life without any plans and that she believes that Nat's ambition of becoming an oncologist is just a bit too structured and planned out for her liking.

What? I am supposed to believe that a wild, adventurous girl of 18 who has just run away from home for the fifth time and is now face to face with the boy who has exclaimed his love for her since childhood has suddenly decided to become a spinster bookwoorm in a secluded town 1,200 miles from her home with no visible means of support. Uh huh. Ok. Totally plausible.

Devasted, but remarkably resilient, Nat hops on the next southbound bus and arrives during the prom and happily rejoins his friends. If this would have happened to anyone in the real world, the main character would be in the throes of a deep depression and become fond of sitting on high bridges.

In a realistic sequel to this movie, Nat would finish medical school and establish a successful practice. Still feeling unfulfilled in his life relationship wise, he again seeks to find Margo. He hires a private eye to locate her. The game commences. For the usual fee, plus expenses.

After a month, Margo is tracked down to a dive bar. In a west end town. Call the police, there's a madman around. Sorry, I just can't help myself.

Ok, back on track. Margo is found strung out on heroin in a Detroitian town and is put through rehab by Nat. His caring for her finally makes her realize that Walt Whitman was just a malcontent beatnik poet and that she could be happy in a marriage with Nat and not feel trapped.

But, I am a truck driver and not a crappy Hollywood screenwriter, and this sequel will never become reality. Maybe I could just become a crappy writer. Oh, the possibilities.

Last edited by Mr. Wrong; 08-02-2015 at 07:48 PM.. Reason: Gots to have labels.

kelseydee
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-03-2015, 02:30 AM

Ohhhh, I saw the ads for that movie&figured it for garbage right away. Thanks for confirming that I wouldn't like it.

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 08-03-2015, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Cheshire Pisces View Post
Ohhhh, I saw the ads for that movie&figured it for garbage right away. Thanks for confirming that I wouldn't like it.
Ohhhh, you are welcome. Your half of the ticket is five bucks. I won't charge the $11 I paid for the medium Sprite and medium popcorn since you didn't have any.

Dazzlingdreamberry
*^_^*

Old 08-03-2015, 05:56 AM

Hi First to Never Know! I was tickled pink about your compliment. Im not a writer, tho. Just your garden variety blogger:) your lasagna recipe sounded good!

I had lost control of my thread here. That pink Cheshire cat took it and raced around my rockin roll chair. Just now detangled it.

I ate a buncha cookies so I may pass out at any time. Its been nice not having to cook din on Mr xs vacay. I got a lot of cleaning and organizing done. Counted my spaghetti tops. Have 25. Just a little bit of ocd trivia. I have all colors, except primary. Dont wear red or black. I like yellow and black tho. My bee look.

Tragic news about Cecil the lion. Then they thought his brother was killed too.

Happy birthday to your grandfather, mr wrong! Don't know if my aunt got white house card. You might have to request it. That was a cute pg tee:)

Going to post this now before I lose it.

---------- Post added 08-02-2015 at 11:20 PM ----------

Back for seconds. Mr wrong, that movie sounded interesting. I like your twists on it.

Hi izzy! #waves wildly from my pink flamingo tower. Glad bfs still on the job. No, I'm not near the fires. Read up on it tho. One is at clear lake. Mr x and I vacationed there once. He brought his kayak. Strapped it to roof. Was strange to look through windshield and see the long tail of it. I'll have to go to your page to see how hopes trip is going!

It's almost midnight so I better go. I turn into a mannequin at midn

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 08-03-2015, 09:08 PM

Oh my God! They killed Cecil the Lion! Tell me, Dazz, will this madness ever stop?

Dazzlingdreamberry
*^_^*

Old 08-05-2015, 06:18 AM

Well, mr wrong, for one heart stopping moment it was feared Cecils bro, Jericho, had been slain. Fortunately, it was untrue.

The neighbor across the street has a brown lawn. Its more sand coloured tho. They wouldn't water it even when water was cheap. I was thinking they should make some non toxic spray paint. You could have pretty colors. Lets see, I think I'd choose pink!

We are having invasion of the ants. On kitchen counter I have stuck pieces of masking tape. See an ant, tape it! Later mr x found they were coming thru wall crack and sprayed. Phew. Some of the salons tentacles I had put in my hair fell out.

Was listening to Mary poppins book again. Its so neat. But the voice volume keeps changing. Want to play it without earphones. Mr go showed me his new toy. A fancy wireless earphone. Very nifty.

Just googling tonite. One was jan michael Vincent from airwolf. He lost a leg! I forgot maybe from car accident. So, looked at his pics. He was handsome guy. It said he had Twitter account so I followed him. What a nasty piece of work. Some might be tongue in cheek, him saying he's the greatest actor. But it was so disgusting I immediately unfollowed him. Same with Susan powter. I tried and tried to see some positivity in her. But she hates everything. Except food. I mean she went from the fat housewife to the slim health guru. Why is she so angry?

They found west Nile virus in mosquitos in the next town. They'll be spraying. Great, more lost tentacles. Then, too, rats seem to have invaded our fair town. Maybe its cuz of neighborhood web site that brings in these reports. So we've got mosquitos and rats and ants in the belfrey. With Monscieur ugly lurking in some tree.

I'm going to bed.

kelseydee
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-05-2015, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzlingdreamberry View Post
Well, mr wrong, for one heart stopping moment it was feared Cecils bro, Jericho, had been slain. Fortunately, it was untrue.

The neighbor across the street has a brown lawn. Its more sand coloured tho. They wouldn't water it even when water was cheap. I was thinking they should make some non toxic spray paint. You could have pretty colors. Lets see, I think I'd choose pink!

We are having invasion of the ants. On kitchen counter I have stuck pieces of masking tape. See an ant, tape it! Later mr x found they were coming thru wall crack and sprayed. Phew. Some of the salons tentacles I had put in my hair fell out.

Was listening to Mary poppins book again. Its so neat. But the voice volume keeps changing. Want to play it without earphones. Mr go showed me his new toy. A fancy wireless earphone. Very nifty.

Just googling tonite. One was jan michael Vincent from airwolf. He lost a leg! I forgot maybe from car accident. So, looked at his pics. He was handsome guy. It said he had Twitter account so I followed him. What a nasty piece of work. Some might be tongue in cheek, him saying he's the greatest actor. But it was so disgusting I immediately unfollowed him. Same with Susan powter. I tried and tried to see some positivity in her. But she hates everything. Except food. I mean she went from the fat housewife to the slim health guru. Why is she so angry?

They found west Nile virus in mosquitos in the next town. They'll be spraying. Great, more lost tentacles. Then, too, rats seem to have invaded our fair town. Maybe its cuz of neighborhood web site that brings in these reports. So we've got mosquitos and rats and ants in the belfrey. With Monscieur ugly lurking in some tree.

I'm going to bed.
Given your long running feud w mountain lions I'd think u might b on the dental side of things. 😉😉😉