Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 10-04-2009, 06:36 AM

OH! I get it now XDDD;
Thanks ^_^;;

Edit: Peacock's Royal Staff stabs right through the poor deer...o__o
Edit2: The other staff from the Merkheti also goes right through the deer o___o;;

Last edited by Antagonist; 10-04-2009 at 12:07 PM..

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-04-2009, 02:51 PM

It's nothing to do with whether I feel like it, Tre, and all to do with the width of the boot versus the width of the pants :yes:

Ribbon, we can't layer boots over pants that are wider than the boots, because the pants would then stick through the sides of the boots and look very silly.

Fading, there's not a great deal that can be done with those kind of conflicts, the items are occupying the same space so some arguements are inevitable, sadly. Items such as the staffs need to be cut so that they don't conflict with clothing you see, each item has a back and front layer to use as needed and a staff needs to have the part in the hand and above on the front layer, and then be cut below the hand so the bottom part goes behind skirts and so on instead of into them.

They could be cut below the deer's belly to prevent the conflict with that single item, but they would them start conflicting with a number of skirts and dresses you see because of the longer length of shaft that was on the front layer. Basically it's about having to have an issue with one item to prevent a whole load of them with others. A pain I know but something we're just going to have to live with until a new layering system can be coded, and that's going to be one big and complex job!

Ribbon-Blade
Procrastinator

Old 10-04-2009, 02:59 PM

Oh well. :/
One more question, are there any tights, or leggings that the boots go over? Of so, do they have any in gray?

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-04-2009, 03:18 PM

Boots layer over all skin-tight legwear :yes: If you look in 52 you'll find some stockings in grey/silver tones. But there's no tights or leggings in that colour.

Ribbon-Blade
Procrastinator

Old 10-04-2009, 03:44 PM

Okay, maybe I can find something that will work.
Thank-you.
:3

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 10-05-2009, 12:53 PM

Ah, I see ^_^;
I'll have to be careful with the staffs then, wouldn't want to impale the poor little deer all the time D:

Thanks for explaining! :3

Enzeru
Her Ladyship

Old 10-08-2009, 08:02 PM

Hair seems to want to be on the outside of the hood of the Cloak of Healing.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-08-2009, 09:16 PM

Yes, that's a known problem and there's nothing that can be done about that at the moment I'm afraid. You just have to choose hair that argues with hoods the least :yes:

It will be sorted out one day but it's going to be a lot of work so don't hold your breath :sweat:

Insane Cricket
(・・^...
Banned

Old 11-03-2009, 05:20 AM

The revenant hood and the ninja headband band only pose of the ninja's arsenal unequip each other and the layering conflict pop up doesn't come up. But the ninja headband with the tails doesn't unequip the revenant hood.

Wasn't sure if it was necessarily a 'glitch' or not, but considering that the conflict alert doesn't pop up, I figured I should probably let you know.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 11-03-2009, 10:31 AM

The Halloween Staff seems to go right through Chilly's paws...:sweat:

*Hime*

Old 11-03-2009, 08:49 PM

Just wondering, is Nalin's purple hairpin on the right layer? It layers under almost everything with me.
http://i34.tinypic.com/29114b6.jpg

Tre Le Coco

Old 11-03-2009, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Cricket View Post
The revenant hood and the ninja headband band only pose of the ninja's arsenal unequip each other and the layering conflict pop up doesn't come up. But the ninja headband with the tails doesn't unequip the revenant hood.

Wasn't sure if it was necessarily a 'glitch' or not, but considering that the conflict alert doesn't pop up, I figured I should probably let you know.
They are actually on the same layers ^^; Im unsure if it can be changed or not, that would be up to jelly if its possible :yes: Im sure once she sees this she will comment :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fading Existence View Post
The Halloween Staff seems to go right through Chilly's paws...:sweat:
Thats because its cut to fit over the hands, and the paw is classified as a glove, so it goes under the staff, nothing can really be done about it :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Hime* View Post
Just wondering, is Nalin's purple hairpin on the right layer? It layers under almost everything with me.
http://i34.tinypic.com/29114b6.jpg
I've moved it onto the correct layer for now :) after the event jelly will be moving them again onto a new layer specifically for hairpins, right now they shair the layer with a few other items :yes:

Insane Cricket
(・・^...
Banned

Old 11-03-2009, 11:28 PM

I figured that both the headbands would be on the same layer, but they aren't. o.O

I hope it was just a mistake, because I would really love to wear the headband with the hood without having the tails behind my avatar. @.@

Thank you for responding.

Tre Le Coco

Old 11-03-2009, 11:34 PM

:ninja: try now, i didn't realise both headbands were on different layers

Insane Cricket
(・・^...
Banned

Old 11-03-2009, 11:47 PM

Hehe, yeah, that's what I was trying to point out. It was that one headband was on a different layer that was the same as the hood. XD

Oh! Thank you so much, Tre! -Hugs and smothers in presents and candies- You made this bug very happy! ^o^!

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 11-04-2009, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tre Le Coco View Post
:ninja: try now, i didn't realise both headbands were on different layers
I think they were put on different layers so they would work with different hairstyles. :sweat: The long one was below most hair styles and the small one was above most of them so you could stick it on top of the long one if you wanted to get the same effect.

They were originally on the same layer (if I recall correctly) until the hair starting causing all those layer issues.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 11-04-2009, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Thats because its cut to fit over the hands, and the paw is classified as a glove, so it goes under the staff, nothing can really be done about it :(
Aw, darn XD;;

Thanks Tre ^^

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 11-04-2009, 01:53 AM

The ninja headband was put on a different layer for a specific reason.

It will probably be moved back where it was but I'm in no hurry to do it at the moment so enjoy it while you can.

Insane Cricket
(・・^...
Banned

Old 11-04-2009, 01:57 AM

I will enjoy it! And then I'll be desperately sad when it leaves. D:

Why not just put each pose on there twice on two different layers so there won't be any need to switch? That way people can use which layer they want without having to come here and ask for it?

I mean, I realize that that would most likely cause a lot of work, but really, I think it might make the people who love to play with layerings very happy?

I dunno, just a suggestion.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 11-04-2009, 02:11 AM

It would honestly make no sense to put the same item into the system twice for only layering purposes. I'd be like asking for dresses to layer on two different layers because they can look nice this way and they can look nice that way.

Insane Cricket
(・・^...
Banned

Old 11-04-2009, 02:21 AM

I get what you're saying, but I think there could be a bit of a difference due to the fact that it's a CI and not a common.

RetroTV
*^_^*

Old 11-04-2009, 04:26 AM

White lantern (Right) layers over Stuffed bag (Right), and removes it, but it stays in the equipped invo. (Not sure if this is an actual layering glitch, but I wouldn't know what to put it as. .-.)

Insane Cricket
(・・^...
Banned

Old 11-04-2009, 06:01 AM

I believe that that would count as a glitch if only because you're not getting the layering conflict warning.

*Hime*

Old 11-04-2009, 12:01 PM

Quote:
They are actually on the same layers ^^; Im unsure if it can be changed or not, that would be up to jelly if its possible :yes: Im sure once she sees this she will comment :)

I've moved it onto the correct layer for now :) after the event jelly will be moving them again onto a new layer specifically for hairpins, right now they shair the layer with a few other items :yes:
There's gonna be a new seperate layer for hairpins? :o
Awesomeness c:

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 11-04-2009, 02:19 PM

It isn't a glitch. Those are both on the same layer which is why you can't wear them together. :) You get a warning with the single items but the multi's unfortunately don't have the pop up when you equip them.