Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 11-02-2017, 10:58 PM

Allegra blinked, watching with interest. Oh this would be good.

"Right," Alice agreed. "Just to see what certain pokemon like or don't like."

Mageling
Mostly void, partially stars

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Mageling

Old 11-02-2017, 11:08 PM

With a howl, Mega Lucario launched itself at the Raichu. Calypso was laser focused, keeping Lucario under control while it was mega evolved. It was always a fight, but it was one she was well used to, and she knew Lucario trusted her to be able to bring it out of the evolution again after.

The battle was decidedly short. Once the Raichu was defeated, Calypso stepped into the arena ring, towards Mega Lucario. The pokemon shook itself and with a flash, the mega evolution ended.

"Yes," Bruce agreed, nodding. "Some of the more complex berry flavors are an interesting challenge."

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 11-02-2017, 11:16 PM

"Wow," Allegra muttered, eyes wide as she looked at the two. "Wow."

Tony was grinning. "Pretty fun, huh?" he asked as a total aside as he recalled Raichu, glancing over at the elevator as someone else came in. "Hey Steve."

Steve blinked but nodded to him, looking at the newcomers curiously.

"They are," Alice agreed with a grin. "It's always fun to see what combinations you can make."

Mageling

Penpal

Old 11-02-2017, 11:26 PM

Calypso grinned and went over to check over Lucario.

"That was great," she said to the pokemon. "That was excellent." Once she was sure the pokemon was okay after the mega evolution, she recalled it and took up her spot again on one end of the arena.

"Next up!" she called to Tony.

"It really is," Bruce agreed, nodding. "And it's nice that the berries are edible by people, too, it makes it interesting to cook with."

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 11-02-2017, 11:36 PM

Tony grinned and threw out a Lanturn. Steve moved to stand next to him, watching for now.

"Oh yes. I've made some pies actually, those can be fun. Sometimes adding in the other flavors helps to change things up a bit." Alice grinned.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 11-02-2017, 11:50 PM

Calypso grinned. She barely glanced at the gadget before pulling a pokeball from her belt. Instead of Vileplume, though, Mimikyu appeared. She raised the hand that had the cuff on it, and it sparkled more.

"Mimikyu! Z-Power!"

Mimikyu's eyes gleamed, and it brought a devastating Wood-Hammer-Turned-Z-Power down on Lanturn.

"That's it exactly," Bruce agreed.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 11-03-2017, 12:20 AM

Steve's eyes were huge at this point. He didn't even know pokemon battles could be like this. This was insane.

"Well, that was fast," Tony commented dryly.

Alice smiled. "Do you ever go out to the berry markets? There's one about twenty minutes from my house, all the local farmers are there."

Mageling

Penpal

Old 11-03-2017, 12:30 AM

Calypso grinned when Mimikyu was done. It was over so quickly that Mimikyu's disguise hadn't even gotten broken.

"Excellent job!" she praised it. "That was beautiful." Mimikyu chirped and jumped into her arms for a cuddle. Then Calypso turned to Tony.

"Are you going to give me a real challenge?" she asked. She stopped when she saw Steve. "Oh. Sorry, I didn't realize you were busy. I'll keep working down here then."

"When I can," Bruce said. "Which isn't nearly as often as I'd like. You don't find them in the city, really, and I don't often get the chance to go out to the suburbs and country."

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 11-03-2017, 12:47 AM

"Nah, I'm not working. Steve came up here for something and forgot what when he saw you," Tony teased with a grin.

"I just came to see what was going on," Steve said, blushing a bit.

"Well, sometimes is better than not at all," Alice said with a little shrug. "Also part of the reason I don't live in the city." She grinned a bit at him. "Kudos to you for managing."

Mageling

Penpal

Old 11-03-2017, 12:58 AM

"Just some training," Calypso said, setting Mimikyu down and heading over to them. The little fairy/ghost type followed her, wooden tail bouncing. "I'm obligated to use the training facilities here when Mr. Stark asks, since he's my official tournament sponsor." She held out her hand. "Calypso James. I'm a professional tournament battle trainer."

"It's a trial sometimes," Bruce admitted with a bit of a grin. "I do what I can."

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 11-03-2017, 01:38 AM

"I didn't even know that was a thing," Steve said, taking her hand. "Steve Rogers. Nice to meet you, miss."

"I can imagine so." Alice smiled. "I know some people who deliver, too, if you ever decide you're interested."

Mageling

Penpal

Old 11-03-2017, 02:03 AM

"It is most definitely a thing," Calypso said, grinning a bit. "I like to think I'm pretty good at what I do. You should catch the competitions on TV sometime."

"I'll have to look into that," Bruce said. "Thanks for the tip."

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 11-03-2017, 02:18 AM

"I've seen a couple of the regional ones," Steve admitted. "Went out last season to watch."

"I'll drag him along to nationals," Tony told her.

"Sure," Alice agreed. "Any berries you need at the moment? I've got a pretty decent stockpile, and I can get hold of just about anything else."

Mageling

Penpal

Old 11-03-2017, 02:40 AM

"I competed in the regionals last year," Calypso said, nodding. "I qualified for the national league this year, and I'm going to do my best to move on to the global rank."

Bruce had to think about that at the moment.

"I've always wanted to work with Ganlon berries," he said. "The combination of dry, sweet, and bitter is interesting."

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 11-03-2017, 02:51 AM

"That will be fun to watch," Steve agreed. "I'll have to start keeping track."

"I've got some at home," Alice said after a moment of mentally scouring her inventory. "Want a few to work with?"

Mageling

Penpal

Old 11-03-2017, 03:03 AM

"I'm sure Mr. Stark will let you know when they are," Calypso replied. She grinned. "He likes to watch them and brag about things."

"Are you able to spare them? They aren't common," Bruce said.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 11-03-2017, 03:12 AM

"Oh I've heard the bragging," Steve said with a grin. "It's rather amusing, really."

"Yeah, I know a farmer. I'll just get extra next time a batch is ready." Alice shrugged. "It's no problem."

Mageling

Penpal

Old 11-03-2017, 03:27 AM

Calypso snickered a bit at that.

"Well, I do have to get back to training," she said. "Tournament season starts soon, and I have a junior trainer with me as well."

"Thank you," Bruce said. "If there's any way I can pay you back for them..."

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 11-03-2017, 03:37 AM

"Sorry, didn't mean to keep you," Steve apologized. "Have fun training." He smiled at her.

"No, don't worry about it," Alice told him with a smile. "I mean, I won't say no to some company."

Mageling

Penpal

Old 11-03-2017, 03:50 AM

"No problem," Calypso said, grinning. "Feel free to observe. Let me know if you have any questions."

"I can do that," Bruce said with a smile.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 11-03-2017, 12:48 PM

Steve nodded and stepped back by Tony again to keep watching. Tony just grinned and tossed a Tyranitaur into the arena.

Alice smiled. "How do you like working with Stark?"

Mageling

Penpal

Old 11-03-2017, 01:00 PM

Calypso glanced at the gadget, even though she didn't need to, and paused to consider her options. Kingdra was an obvious choice, and so was Mimikyu, even though she had already used it. Smirking, she pulled a ball off her belt and released Vileplume.

"Moonblast!" she commanded.

"It's sometimes a challenge," Bruce admitted. "Oftentimes a good challenge, sometimes a test of patience." He looked at her. "How do you like working with a tournament battler?"

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 11-03-2017, 01:10 PM

Allegra watched, grinning. She had to admit she like Vileplume, and so did her Gloom.

"Well, it's never boring," Alice told him with a smile. "It is occasionally a pain in the ass, especially when I'm leaving things at home that need to be taken care of, but it's interesting. I've been to lots of places, at least."

Mageling

Penpal

Old 11-03-2017, 03:24 PM

The Tyrannitar put up an impressive fight, but it ended up bowing before the power of Calypso's Vileplume.

"That was great," Calypso praised her pokemon, slipping it a treat.

"Are you part of a larger support staff?" Bruce asked, curious. "I know some of the more popular trainers have larger staff."

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 11-03-2017, 03:31 PM

"That was so cool," Allegra breathed, eyes wide, clearly impressed. Oh that was so cool, she needed to learn how to do that.

"Cal doesn't have a large staff. I take care of food and treats and things, she's got a PR person, couple of others. But her staff is nowhere near as large as some others I've heard of." Alice smiled a bit.