McNugget
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Old 01-27-2014, 10:28 PM

Since I have finished anime like Beck and Detroit metal city, I have been wanting to watch more anime like such. Anyone know some good anime that is related around rock and/or metal music?
And whatever you do, please don't suggest K-On or Nana. I've tried to watch those before, but they just didn't interest me. Please and thank you!

Also: Please, suggest only anime around those genres of music. I tried asking the same question on another site and idiots kept suggesting shows like Samurai champloo and stuff that has hiphop/rap music in it. And that's not what I want.

ElysiumFate
There is beauty everywhere.

Old 02-02-2014, 02:55 AM

Dang, there really aren't that many animes with that genre. There was a point in my life where I had seen just about every anime out there and I can't think of any other than those...

I doubt that you would be interested in this, but I did watch an older anime at one point called Kaikan Phrase. The art is probably too retro for you, and it might be too romantic, but I do recall it being about a rock band. Other than that I can't think of any other animes like that.

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 02-02-2014, 02:58 AM

Hmmm... I can give you good metal music. but I'm not really huge into Anime.
If you're into American animation, give Metalocalypse a whirl.

ElysiumFate

Old 02-02-2014, 03:09 AM

Metalocalypse is crazy, lol.

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Old 02-02-2014, 03:15 AM

I love it. And I got to see Dethklok in concert!

ElysiumFate

Old 02-02-2014, 03:20 AM

Omg, they're a real band?! *head explodes*

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Old 02-02-2014, 03:25 AM

Kind of. In the same way Gorillaz is a real band. There are real musicians but they are not Toki, Skwisgarr, Nathan, Pickles, Will.

McNugget
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Old 02-03-2014, 04:46 AM

lolol I love Metalocalypse
Thanks for the suggestions you guys. Maybe I'll try out that anime you mentioned Elysium~

And also, it's not Will - It's William.. William Murderface

Or...better yet:

Last edited by McNugget; 02-03-2014 at 04:48 AM..

ElysiumFate

Old 02-03-2014, 06:49 AM

It was the only rock anime I could think of. XP If you didn't like NANA, though, I have a feeling you won't like Kaikan, but it's worth a shot. Unfortunately the genre you're looking for just doesn't have that much to offer for some reason. It really does suck, because the animes I have seen in that genre have been some of the best.

Last edited by ElysiumFate; 02-03-2014 at 06:52 AM..

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Old 02-03-2014, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNugget View Post
lolol I love Metalocalypse
Thanks for the suggestions you guys. Maybe I'll try out that anime you mentioned Elysium~

And also, it's not Will - It's William.. William Murderface

Or...better yet:

Pshaw. I'll call him Will if I want, he was my favorite character.
Quote:
Juscht being a dick.

---------- Post added 02-03-2014 at 09:46 PM ----------

Also I bet you've seen this too, but Cowboy Bebop is based around all genres of music, some episodes are heavier rock styles than others.

McNugget
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Old 02-04-2014, 12:09 AM

Ahh, yeah. I've seen Cowboy Bebop. Good show. But it's directed mostly towards space and bounty hunting
What I was searching for was more about an anime where the main character plays an instrument or is in a band

ElysiumFate

Old 02-04-2014, 06:26 AM

Well, if we're talking just bands and instruments, then there is a show called Sakamichi no Apollon. It is based around jazz, though. There is a touch of rock and roll now and then. It was released just a year or so ago, so it's got a good art style. I can't remember who the main character was now, but I'm pretty sure they were a drummer.

McNugget
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Old 02-04-2014, 08:09 PM

I don't care much about the art style, tbh, and I actually really liked how anime was drawn in the 80's and early 90's~
And thanks for telling me about this anime. I'll check it out! I like Jazz ~ I may be a metal head, but that doesn't mean I can't like Jazz

ElysiumFate

Old 02-04-2014, 10:33 PM

Most anime fans I've run across are art style snobs, so I always mention it. XP Nice to know somebody likes the old school styles!

That's good to know! I would've recommended it sooner. It was one of the only new animes I've enjoyed since around 2009.

McNugget
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Old 02-04-2014, 10:42 PM

Pfftt. Whoever is an "art snob" doesn't appreciate the flexibility of different art styles and doesn't deserve to watch cartoons if they're going to be that way - especially since some of the best story lines come from older shows!

It seems like a good show so far!

ElysiumFate

Old 02-05-2014, 01:11 AM

Indeed! I think part of the reason anime is in decline right now is because the industry started to focus on art style instead of story. I don't know why, but they started making animes out of game plots instead of mangas. Every time I look at the new anime list it has a bunch of reverse harem shoujo animes based off of games. They never make it, and then the anime companies act all surprised when animes with good stories like Shingeki no Kyojin and Sakamichi no Apollon get popular. Having a good story line is also why some of the old animes were so much better.

I'm glad you like it, though! I hope it doesn't disappoint.

`Kitty's Mule
Mule

Old 06-05-2014, 03:43 AM

Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi?

Vinny XIII
✨☕️✨

Old 08-16-2014, 06:55 AM

I think you'd like Black Heaven. This is the intro here, the animation and what not is different from the actual show, but this is the kinda music in it.

I'm not really sure how to describe it without giving too much away, but here's how wikipedia describe it
Quote:
Middle-aged Oji Tanaka has a wife, a child and a mundane job as a salary man in Tokyo's modern society. But his life wasn't always so dull; 15 years ago he was known as "Gabriel", lead guitar of a short-lived heavy metal band called "Black Heaven". Oji's life takes a sudden turn when he is invited by an enigmatic woman to pick up his Gibson Flying V and once again display his legendary guitar skills. Little does he know the effects this will have on his family, on the other remaining members of Black Heaven, on an alien interstellar war with a mysterious ultimate weapon, or on the fate of the planet Earth.
It's a lot more epic than what wiki says, but basically Oji has to save the world with rock lol.

McNugget
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Old 08-16-2014, 06:45 PM

Oooh. The music sounds pretty damn good and the story line is interesting. Thank you! I'm going to watch this.

Vinny XIII
✨☕️✨

Old 08-18-2014, 04:06 AM

Lol glad you're interested! It's an awesome anime!