SonicGamer
Dragon in disguise

Old 04-12-2014, 02:23 AM

You know how in movies you hear a character and you instantly recognize them in another movie or TV show? I love doing that with anime, specifically anime on Netflix, and I have fun with it. For example, my sisters and I watched all the episodes of Princess Tutu on Netflix before Netflix removed it for some reason, then we watched some episodes of Ouran High School Host Club, and we were all saying that Honey-senpai sounded like Duck.
Sometimes my sisters and I go the extra mile and do something funny with our new, yet useless knowledge. For example, I like Squid Girl. It's really funny, and it's a fun watch. I also like Madoka. It's a magical girl show, but it's the shortest magical girl show I've ever watched with only 12 episodes, which is all I want to say without spoiling anything by accident in the middle of a sentence. Squid Girl has been on Netflix for a while, but I saw Madoka Magica hours ago. It had the option of dubbed or subbed, so I decided to watch the first episode dubbed. I already watched it all dubbed before elsewhere, but I'll soon watch all the episodes dubbed. My older sister was with me, and she caught on faster than me on Madoka's voice actress, but when I caught on, well...

SPOILERX

Madoka's true wish wasn't to get rid of all the witches... it was to INK-VADE ALL MANKIND! I've... wanted to put this joke online for a few hours, now.

What do you guys think of when you hear a character voiced by a familiar voice actor? Am I the only one that thinks, "NATSU IS SARGE!!!!" when I hear Keroro from Sgt. Frog and Natsu from Fairy Tail side by side?

Maxipuff
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-12-2014, 10:15 AM

I like doing it but at the same time I wish there were moooore voice actors.
I dislike that I always hear the same five or six in main roles. XD

Maybe I'm just jealous and wish they would hire more actors.
(Dream job, hire me!!!)

Reciter5613
Needing purpose

Old 04-13-2014, 03:23 PM

I always keep track of voice actors I like. Unlike others I prefer the most dub versions of anime so long as they pick voices that fit the character. How I wish I could voice act but.....my voice is boring even to me.

SonicGamer
Dragon in disguise

Old 04-13-2014, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reciter5613 View Post
I always keep track of voice actors I like. Unlike others I prefer the most dub versions of anime so long as they pick voices that fit the character. How I wish I could voice act but.....my voice is boring even to me.
Ditto. I'd rather watch dub over sub 'cause I hate reading subtitles. It kinda gets in the way sometimes.

ElysiumFate
There is beauty everywhere.

Old 04-14-2014, 01:44 AM

I for the most part hate dubs--they tend to be utterly horrific. When I do watch dubs, however, I have noticed that some of my favorite characters are all voiced by the same dude. It must be because Funimation is addicted to him.

Anyway, the same guy (J. Michael Tatum) voices Tomoe from Kamisama Hajimemashita, Sebastian from Kuroshitsuji, and characters from Attack on Titan, Karneval, Date A Live...dude gets around. That's not really a good thing to me, either, because I dislike his voice and acting.

SonicGamer
Dragon in disguise

Old 04-14-2014, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElysiumFate View Post
I for the most part hate dubs--they tend to be utterly horrific. When I do watch dubs, however, I have noticed that some of my favorite characters are all voiced by the same dude. It must be because Funimation is addicted to him.

Anyway, the same guy (J. Michael Tatum) voices Tomoe from Kamisama Hajimemashita, Sebastian from Kuroshitsuji, and characters from Attack on Titan, Karneval, Date A Live...dude gets around. That's not really a good thing to me, either, because I dislike his voice and acting.
*Rant in 3... 2... 1...*
Any dub made by 4kids is horrific.
Sakura does not sound like a 4th grader in Cardcaptor Sakura's English dub. I watched seconds of her voice before I clicked away.
While the name changes in Sailor Moon's English dub is clever most of the time, Usagi's, or Serena's, change in voice actress was horrid! I got used to it by the time I watched the final episode dubbed, but I cringed when I first watched it.
I might like dubbed anime from more recent years, I still hope companies and voice actors get better at dubbing as time goes on, even if they are pretty good now. Sigh.
*Rant over*
I've only heard J. Micheal Tatum's voice as Dororo in Sgt. Frog. I'm more likely to recognize Luci Christian, who has voiced Duck from Princess Tutu, Honey-senpai from Ouran, Natsu as a child in Fairy Tail, and Koyuki in Sgt. Frog.