ThorsViking
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-26-2012, 04:07 AM

My veins are red. Shouldn’t they be blue.

Lewis shrugged the thought off as he watched the news. With the bathroom door shut, he went back to his bed room and tossed on a long-sleeved shirt. It was simple, plain and white but flattering to his slim and muscular build. He tossed his side arm in the gun case in the closet and locked it.

16 news channels could be seen on his TV at one time, giving the illusion of 16 televisions. Lewis scanned through the audio of the channels stopping briefly at an interview he had last week. It was the standard interview, but one question the reporter asked resonated differently now.

To what do I owe my success?

He fingered the ring again, and slipped it back in his pocket as he continued scrolling through the news feeds.

"... Have they said anything else about the murders?" Terra asked

“Nothing that hasn’t been said already,” Lewis replied, “Police currently investigating, any information please call.” Lewis’s voice was coated with sarcasm. He had little respect for the police, despite his political nature. In another life he could have been a criminal.

The news show cut to commercial. Lewis got up and asked Terra to sit down and make herself comfortable.

“You are my guest,” His voice lyrical with southern charm. “Can I fix you anything?”

Lewis was a lot of things, but he knew the rules of hospitality.

Kriddles
Kriddles. It's Magic.
Send a message via AIM to Kriddles Send a message via MSN to Kriddles

Old 09-26-2012, 06:44 AM

She sat down, sinking into the couch before relaxing into it. It was comfortable, which was hard to believe because of it's appearance, and she was thankful for that. She hadn't realized how much she wanted to sit until then.

She looked over at him, he had changed into a white shirt. It looked off on him, but still...
She looked back down at her lap and then slowly up to the commercial. It was a new cosmetic line regarding your voice. Now you could sound any way you wanted for a price. A steep one at that.

When he spoke again it was that thick southern drawl. "I'm fine. Like I said before, I really don't want to impose and I really don't want you have to wait on me." She said as she pushed some of her hair behind her ear, before giving him one of her porcelain smiles. She had never had any one wait on her before, it felt unnatural to say the least and wasn't a concept she could grasp easily.

Kriddles
Kriddles. It's Magic.

Old 09-28-2012, 06:20 PM

Demitrii stood looking at the body, his eyes never leaving to look at the people moving around him and the crime scene.
He had recently been assigned to the case, which pleased him. He didn't know how much longer he could take looking for lost puppies or runaways.
He twisted his head to look at the woman in front of him. She laid face up eyes covered with the coins. It wasn't a natural way to lay in the street had she been attacked or had just fallen... it was staged. Her arm twisted upward, exposing the 'X' on her palm. There were no signs of intimacy either. It was constant with every body. He was tagging them and showing them off, for what, Demitrii couldn't be sure though. He knelt down and looked at the woman's arm. There were signs of a needle breaking the skin like all of the others... but past autopsies showed no drug was in their systems and they didn't have any drug on record that could leave the body that fast. He looked up, before looking at the location. They were in the main square... This woman could've come from anywhere. "Where did you come from?" He stood pulling off his gloves before, running a hand through his hair. It was hard to say. He didn't even have any valid leads thanks to the lack of witnesses. Several blocks down there was another body and then four blocks east of that, another. All appearing around the same time. He looked up at the traffic light. "Have we gone through the surveillance?"
"Yup. Nothing. The guy is good, no fingerprints, hair, dust, witnesses... He's like the f**king Grim Reaper."
Demitrii looked at the woman who was almost in awe with her own words. "They all mess up eventually. Look into all the clubs again. It could still be a drug. If not, check medical records for people who have had their blood drawn recently. Maybe he is picking his targets from there."

ThorsViking
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-29-2012, 05:42 AM

Lewis didn’t listen. In a few seconds the kettle boiled and he poured two cups of tea. It was an old French blend he received as a gift from a Louisiana Senator. Rich an simple.

Lewis set down the tea as the news started again. He loved the couch, his wife hated it.

When was the last time I saw that woman.

It was a while since he last saw his wife. There marriage was just political, there was no love, and no lust. She was the daughter of a past president. A republican. Lewis being a democrat on paper was the perfect match. It was seen as the joining of two parties. A political masterpiece the news called it. American Royalty. His wife was a Lesbian, and Lewis could care less. They lived there lives separately and it worked, they both got what they wanted.

The commercials were the same boring ones always on. Some new towel that dries in seconds: No more mold. The commercial cut to black as the sound of a phone rang. With the push of a button on the remote the TV changed to a man speaking in to a camera.

“Caleb, what do I owe this late night call.” Lewis asked the man on the screen.

“The police are down the block, I just drove past. It looks like another of the dead bodies, I didn’t recognize the one cop”

“Thank you Caleb” And with another button push the screen was back to the news. A recap of all the weeks sport scores.

“There you have it” Lewis said with a smug smirk, “News on the murders, who need CNN”

Kriddles
Kriddles. It's Magic.

Old 09-29-2012, 08:06 AM

She watched as he walked off, before curling up and really relaxing into the couch. Her eyes were focused on the TV but she wasn't actually watching it.

Her thoughts kept returning to the dream. Persephone. That's what they had called her. Something tickled her memories. She had heard it before. She caught him in her peripheral before following him back to the couch with her eyes. The tea smelled wonderful, and her stomach growled in argument to her refusal. She waited a couple of seconds before pouring herself a cup and curling up again.

She closed her eyes, took in the scent before sipping it. It was perfect and not too overpowering. She looked down not meeting Caleb's eyes as he appeared on the screen. When he mentioned the dead bodies a switch flicked open.

As the news turned back on she looked up at Lewis. "Hades."

She paused glancing down, a little shocked at her memory. "Persephone... that's where the name is from. She was his... wife, girlfriend, queen or something.. I can't remember everything, but I remember they were related some how." She took another sip, smirking. She had to admit even to herself, she took pride in remembering such a thing. A small personal accomplishment. "I can't believe I didn't figure it out sooner. It's been bothering me since I heard it... Guess I did study it in school."

Divine Seduction
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Divine Seduction Send a message via MSN to Divine Seduction Send a message via Yahoo to Divine Seduction

Old 09-30-2012, 01:53 PM

Judgement flicked glance at the set up inside, she had to admit it was swank. She could come here to sketch or relax when her job got to her at times. It was not nearly as late as she'd thought it was when she looked at her watch. She had been passing by, but for some strange reason she'd felt the compulsion to go in, must be one of those fate things, and she could actually say she liked this one.

'This place feels soothing, yet thriving! It's the kind of place I wish I'd found earlier, but I'm gonna come back her tomorrow night maybe bring a friend. And I might just find another model yet.'
even when she was having fun all she could think about was more designs. That's what had made her so successful, her inability to stop making patterns or clothes or sketches. She was always working, it was time to relax, as such she was hell bent on taking someone home with her tonight. Her outfit was one of her creations, a crushed velvet purple corset over a scoop necked white t shirt. Black bellbottoms with white lines up the sides, she wore white peep toe stilettos with a purple bow as an accent. Her make up was flawless, bottom lid outline with white upper with black, her eye shadow was a smokey black, purple and white creation, her lips were the same color of her corset. She prided herself on her style, and was always happy when others noticed, it advertised for her.

She smoothly wound her way over the first dance floor she saw and grabbed the first person she could, a female who seemed none to happy. But Judgement didn't care, this place was the bomb and she was gonna have fun. "Dance with me." She said simply, and allowed her body to adjust to the rhythm of the music, keeping her eyes on her forlorn partner she pullled the woman along with her, helping her to mimick the movements and match her. Soon enough the woman had a smile on her face and began to dance with her, she heard people around her laughing and talking, admiring them. It was fun to be the center of attention and sometimes you just had to have fun to do it. She danced for a good half hour before she begged off, she needed a drink. She blew a kiss to the now flushed and happy woman, and bid her a good night as she was leaving. The bar she found was packed with people lingering, she elbowed her way through after "Excuse me," didn't work and ordered a Strawberry Daiqari.

ThorsViking
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-02-2012, 04:09 AM

Hades

Lewis turned around not to let the look of fear show on his face.

There is no way she could know.

To hide the look on his face he made his way back to the kitchen grabbing a box of cookies. Lewis quickly regained his composure. Years of political lies had taught him to conceal the signs of falsehoods in his face. Terra went on about Persephone. Lewis only half listened to the words coming out of her mouth. His mind drifted to the underworld. Lewis could picture Minos in the throne room. There were two chairs. One was made of flesh and bone, the other was smaller and made of a dark wood, engraved with flowering nightshade.

He sat down on the couch beside Terra. The flicker of the television was nothing my then ambient motion in the room. Lewis needed to get out.

“The night is still young; I think I should try to find that drug dealer. Maybe he knows why you left the bar. I can lock up the building, you will be safe here.”

Lewis didn’t care. He just wanted out of the apartment. He hoped Terra didn’t want to go with him. The fear that Terra might figure out he was Hades was too much.

Kriddles
Kriddles. It's Magic.

Old 10-02-2012, 04:38 AM

She watched him leave before coming back... Something didn't feel right. Did she catch a glimpse of worry on his face? She noted the tense behavior there on. She thought about what he was saying for a second before shaking her head. "If you are asking for permission to leave, I really don't care. I'm not your mother..." she said a bit grimly turning back to the TV.

She watched the screen for a few seconds, which was nothing more than images flashing on the screen as her mind raced before she spoke again, just as he was about to leave. "Hey Lewis... Do you have an 'X' on your hand?" Her eyes didn't leave the screen as the news started up again and her lips touched the rim of the cup.

Demitrii had walked into the club once again, his eyes adjusting to the lighting. It was a lively area, and no one seemed to be out of the ordinary. Except... She danced on the floor with another woman, her lips lifted up in joy as they spun around. The woman she danced with was in awe with the other. His eyes left them for a brief moment, flicking upward to see the women swimming above them, before looking around to the tables. No one was using a drug, at least no one was using anything he hadn't seen before. He let out an exasperated breath. What was he looking for? The two women stopped dancing, both in a euphoric state of mind. Well, it looked like he would start questioning some people. Several minutes went by, and all he could gather was there was a drug, but no one saw any dead bodies or anyone who contacted them. He turned again and spotted the lively woman again. "Excuse me..." He said, intersecting her "Do you know who is selling that new drug? I think it was... a gold color.. or something. Ambr- Amber... or whatever. Do you know what I am talkin' about?" As he questioned her, he became lax and completely changed into the character he tried to portray. There were errors in his facade that only few could spot.

ThorsViking
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-02-2012, 05:52 AM

Rage filled Lewis eyes.

This ungrateful woman. How dare she mention my mother.

Lewis’s mother was a touchy subject for him. She died giving birth to him and because of this his father and brothers unleashed their anger upon him. Lewis was never good enough for them. His earliest memory is about being beat by his father for knocking over a picture of his mother. That picture he keeps safe in his office.

Lewis put on a different suit, dark blue, modern cut with a red silk shirt, no tie. He grabbed his gun and slid it in to the holster. He checked his pocket, the ring was still there. Lewis then checked his phone. There was a text from Caleb “The cop from the murder scene went to the club.” Lewis texted him to be downstairs in 5. Before he left the bedroom he grabbed a prepaid phone from his safe, he kept a bunch on hand for backroom deals.

On his way out Terra asked him another question. “No X.” He held up his hands. He could help but notice the black veins on her arms. Lewis also could help but notice the red of his stretching to his hands. He tossed the prepaid phone at Terra. “Speed dial one is Caleb. Two is me. No other outgoing calls will work.”

At the elevator Lewis swiped his card and pushed a couple buttons. He had the door programmed to be locked both ways to ensure he never forgot his key card. Lewis also like the level of control it gave him over any guests.

Kriddles
Kriddles. It's Magic.

Old 10-02-2012, 06:26 AM

Terra saw something in his eyes, something that she hadn't before. Wrath. She froze, her breath catching in her lungs before she watched him move to the backroom again before he came back into the main room. She stood there for a moment, before muttering she was sorry for whatever she had said.

She almost regretted asking him the other question, but he answered with a flick of his hand before tossing a phone at her. She struggled to catch it, but she managed without dropping it. She looked down at it only for him to tell her what she needed to hear before leaving.

She sat there for the longest time. Waiting for him to leave with Caleb, before she finally stood and walked over to the elevator and tried to use it. She had struck a nerve and upset him somehow, and no longer felt like it was a good idea to stay here. She attempted several passcodes before finally realizing she wasn't going to leave, whether she wanted to or not and he must've known that. She stood there for a moment before turning and heading back over to the couch and sat down. She slowly sank back into the cushions, blankly staring at the screen again.

Last edited by Kriddles; 10-02-2012 at 06:48 AM..

ThorsViking
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-02-2012, 07:50 AM

It was a long night and Caleb loved it, Driving was one of his favourite things in the world. It was a beautiful night. He pulled the limo up in front of the large office building that was Woods Holdings.
Caleb had an apartment here, the floor under his boss and friend Lewis Wood. Caleb had been loyal to Mr. Wood since the first time they met.

Lewis came out of the apartment building, he was walking a little off, Caleb knew he was packing heat. People always walk differently when they have a gun, favoring the opposite side for what ever reason.

Noticing Lewis was alone and not with the red head, Caleb began to speak.

“How is she. Are we in trouble?”

“She’s fine, and so are we. I need to head back to the club. We’re going to visit O’Harron, and try to find a drug dealer”

“Fun”

The car fired up and despite its size was fast. Caleb was excited, he knew the O’Harrons. He knew they liked to fight, and Caleb was itching to punch something. Across town they drove, the slums looked dirtier then normal. Caleb parked a couple blocks from the club. He reached in to the glove compartment and pulled out a set of brass knuckles. They were a gift from Lewis, they were engraved Bark and Bite.

The two men left the limo, and headed towards the club. The line up was stretching down the block. The night was still young, and Caleb knew a lot more was going to happen before the night was done. Caleb luckily knew the bouncer, a man he had been in the ring with before, and he waved both Caleb and Lewis in.

“Its busier then it was” Lewis stated

Caleb felt instantly uncomfortable, he didn’t like people as a rule. They slowly made there way toward the bar.

Divine Seduction
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Divine Seduction Send a message via MSN to Divine Seduction Send a message via Yahoo to Divine Seduction

Old 10-02-2012, 01:29 PM

"Um if you're a junkie I suggest you go pester someone else. Shoo, fly, shoo." She hadn't even bothered to turn because of the question but when she did she saw him. He was defintely a catch, but looked a bit harried. He'd asked her about Ambrosia, the wine of the Greek Gods, having stupid Greek mythology she of course knew of what it was. "I see you're not a druggie, have I heard of it yes... in both cases. Ambrosia isn't real, it's the wine that Greek Gods drunk, no human could survive it as it was made only for the Gods. And the drug I've heard of it, never met anyone peddling it. And I sure as hell hope I don't, I'm not into drugs." She supposed she could cut him some slack, he didn't know her and was easy for people to assume that she did drugs, only drugs she'd ever taken had been doctor perscribed. He seemed like a good enough guy and she felt like he'd had his heart broken way too many times. Not bothering to be coy about it she took his hand and pulled him closer. When they stood closer she looked up at him a smiled gently. "I'm Judgement and you are?" She questioned in a calm soft voice.

---------------------

Jio was trembling slightly, and she wondered how this had happened. She was on her way home from work, she had been passing some club and then all of a sudden some woman grabbed her! She had pulled her with her in the club, saying that she had just turned 21 and as her big sister it was her job to make sure I had fun. The bouncer had looked down at Jio and simply shook his head before letting them pass, though once inside the club she felt lost and out of place. But then she looked around and saw that it was beautiful and breath taking, and she felt anything but. Hr clothes were a simple t shirt and flared jeans, she didn't have the confidence to wear anything of real style.

Soon enough she found herself on a couch in the corner, sipping on apple juice. She did really wonder what liqour tasted like but she was too scared of breaking the rules, in the society they lived in 21 was the legal drinking age, so she refrained. The waiter who had brought her the juice asked her if she was sure that was all she wanted. She was unable to respond so she simply shook her head. She saw people dancing, above there were women swimming around, there were dancers. She saw surprised when some man came over and started talking to her. Jio had no experience with people outside of her B&B, so when he started asking her questions she wondered what possessed him to do that. Though she answered as honestly as she could she was confused with some questions: "Did you thank ya mama for what she gave you?", "When you fell from heaven did it hurt?" and so on, it was only once he moved closer and put his hand on her thigh that she caught on, she jumped up dropping her glass before running away, okay we'll not running who ran in a club. When she finallly stopped her flight she ended up at a bar, she looked around to make sure she didn't see the woman who dragged her in or the man who had touched her. She gave a sigh of relief and simply rested, sipping from yet another apple juice which the bartender had looked at her funny over. All in all she liked this place, it was nice.

Kriddles
Kriddles. It's Magic.

Old 10-02-2012, 10:15 PM

What a peculiar name to call a drug, but when he thought on it a little longer it didn't really surprise him. Humans in general tried to be more godlike every day, why not have a drug to go along with it? He supposed that was all she knew, and announcing he was a detective in a place like this was like spreading blood in shark infested waters. He clenched his jaw before nodding curtly and turned to leave when she caught him by the hand and pulled him back. For a moment he did fell like a caught fish, before he turned to face her. He finally took in her details as his eyes adjusted to the strobing lights. How old was she? Not very. He would've said twenty-two... twenty-three judging by her appearance and choice of attire. She lacked the lines of stress, but with today's technology and cosmetics that didn't mean anything anymore. As she pulled him closer he caught hints of her scent. Vanilla with a mixture of cinnamon and a hint of herb of some sort? He couldn't be sure, but it was sweet and intoxicating all the same.

Why she had pulled him to her, he wasn't sure which worried him. Any spontaneous action made him cautious.

As she posed the question, he couldn't help but glance off to the side to see the newest arrivals before turning his focus back to her. "Demitrii." Short and to the point. He wasn't one for conversations especially ones that didn't lead him to anything that couldn't help with his current hunt. He had a feeling he had gotten anything that could've aided him from her.

Divine Seduction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-03-2012, 02:23 PM

"A mysterious name to go with your mysterious nature. It's very beautiful, if you don't mind my saying so. But you look like you're about to explode. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, you know that saying. I bet you're no older than 26 and you're gonna have permanent wrinkles. Live a little, enjoy the beautiful woman flirting with you." She said, her hand resting lightly over his. Judgement didn't make a habit of pulling strange men into her company but something about him told her to. She laced her fingers through his and tugged the unwilling man to the dance floor, some people from earlier spoke to her and she simply nodded to them. Her entire attention was on him, those bright blue eyes twinkling with humor and good nature.

"Dance with me Demitrii." She said, a soft command in a musical tone. It was in her nature to help others and like that woman earlier she could tell he needed to loosen up and have fun, life was too short to was on stress and worrying all the time, it lead to an early grave.

The music changed, the DJ telling all the ladies to show off their moves, to an upbeat tune with a little trance in it. She smiled up at him beguilingly, turning on the charm to the max. Even if she didn't plan to make anything moe of this than de-stressing him, she didn't see why she couldn't have fun too. She laughed softly and began to sway to the music, her hands trailing along and emphasising her movements, her eyelids were slightly closed as she became a wave; running over him intensely and then slowly ebbing away. Her hands gently tugged at him, trying to get him to respond in kind.

-------------------

Jio watched with envy as the beautiful woman pulled her partner to the floor; she wanted to be confident like that, even as a Nymph she still didn't feel pretty, probably because of her upbringing and she didn't know how to go about getting what she wanted. She sighed and began to look around, there had to be a nice guy somewhere that she could talk to... then she noticed the two men who had come to the bar, they were both handsome but one emitted an agrressive aura the other not as much. But just her luck, the most handsome men were dangerous. She should just leave now, before trouble found her or worse. But as luck would have it when she went to get up the woman who had pulled her into the club earlier stood before her legs braced apart and the man who had been flirting with her earlier behind her.

"You ungrateful little no fashion tramp!" Jio winced at this and sat silently as a few heads turned, making her blush in embarrassment. "You made a move on my man?" The woman jerked the thumb at the jerk behind her, who looked totally unrepatent at making trouble for her.

"I-" she started, trying to defend herself.

"I should break you where you stand." The woman continued on furiously, as though Jio was someone she knew.

Jio stood up and glared up at the taller woman, she might stand someone yelling at her but never threatening her, "I don't know what the idiot told you but trust me, lady, and I use the term lightly that I don't want him. And if you ever threaten me again, I'll make sure that you'll be ugly enough to never want to leave your house again. Now if you'll excuse me, my mother told me to be careful who I associate with, and trash is not on my list." With that she made a shooing motion with her hand and then finally, mercifully the woman took her leave? And just when she'd finally decided to do something daring and go talk to those two hotties. 'Oh well maybe another night...' she thought to herself flicking yet another glace at the more calm of the two before trying to find somewhere else to go sit.

ThorsViking
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-04-2012, 05:38 AM

This was the second time tonight Lewis walked in to this club. He had a goal to accomplish this time though. He looked over at Caleb and as if they could read each others mind, Caleb nodded and headed to the Bar, silent but vigilant. Lewis couldn’t help but notice the lighting made Caleb look less intimating, as if the scars from fighting were washed away.

Lewis eyes darted down at his hands, the red of his veins were unnoticeable in the light of the club. He counted his blessings that he didn’t stick out. He saw the club in a different light, some people seemed less alive then before, while others seemed hardly human.

Does the bartender have a bulls head? No.. its just the lighting…

Two woman were fighting over some man. Lewis eyes darted up and down the two woman. One was a lifeless husk of a human, to worn out for the new regard Lewis held him self in. The other girl, Jio, on the other hand was something else. She was young, too young to be in the club, but Lewis didn’t care, he just needed a girl who would attract that drug dealer, and if he was lucky the eyes of O’Harron. The woman had odd aura about her, it reminded Lewis of Terra, only not as bright. The thought made him check his phone.

Lewis made is way to the girl. He knew he looked good. His suit probably was the most expensive in the bar, and the red shirt made the flecks of red in his eyes seem luminescent. The cut of the jacket showed how fit he was. Why have a personal trainer if you cant show off was Lewis’s reasons for the form fitting suits.

“Hi,” Lewis said, his southern accent flared with class and sex appeal, “Was that other woman causing you any trouble?”

---

Caleb left Lewis side. He knew the drill and he obeyed.

Stand by the bar, drink, and keeps your eyes open.

Caleb reflected how it’s the same routine with every dangerous situation. He watched the dance floor, and was thankful he wasn’t there. Caleb hated dancing, he hated being that close to so many people, and he hated the cops. He eyed up the one man on the dance floor, Caleb recognized him as the cop from the murder scene he drove past. He could see fear in the cops eyes.. The cop seemed to hate dancing as much as Caleb did.

Caleb sat himself down at the bar, sitting a head taller then everyone else drinking and chatting. Caleb ordered a pint of some dark and thick beer, and slowly sipped.

Calebs eyes darted to Lewis introducing himself to some woman, then his eyes darted back to the cop.

Last edited by ThorsViking; 10-05-2012 at 08:19 AM..

Kriddles
Kriddles. It's Magic.

Old 10-04-2012, 06:09 AM

Demitrii glanced off to the side, only to catch a brief glimpse of gold amongst the crowd. It was gone within the blink of an eye and he swore underneath his breath before the woman addressed him again. He turned his attention back to her and was about to excuse himself before she interrupted and dragged him onto the floor.

A look of horror briefly crossed his face as he stood paralyzed watching her dance in front of him before his face callused over again. He could honestly say he didn't know how to respond to such an action. He didn't care about wrinkles... if it happened it happened. His stress relief came when he caught who he was hunting. She was attractive, there wasn't any doubt in that, but he wasn't interested in one nighters. Perhaps if he told her that she could move on to the next soul.

Awkward and cautious, he attempted (with little success) to avoid her touch which would occasionally make him lean away or jerk to the side. In a (very weird) way, it could've been mistaken for dancing. As he moved his face to the side to avoid another hand he caught sight of Caleb.

Oh he knew that face. Lighting or no. That mug was one he couldn't help forget. He turned back to the woman and gave her a small apologetic smile. "I have to get back to work... Perhaps another time..." He said quietly. It was hard to tell if he was sincere or not. Would he try and dance again?

He moved past her, and stepped off the dance floor, and crossed the small bridge to the little island of a bar. "So tell me. What brings you here? You don't look like one to be into the club scene..."

ThorsViking
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-05-2012, 08:20 AM

Caleb looked the man over in the light coming off the bar. The man stood close to a head shorter then him, and he wasn’t a broad. Like most men Demitrii looked like a child in comparison to the hulking mass of muscle that was Caleb.

A smile spread across Caleb face. Surprisingly he had all his teeth, and they were near perfect. Every time Caleb smiled he knew he had his boss to thank for it.

Lewis spent a pretty penny fixing my teeth after the Chicago incident.

“So, you find me more attractive then the little lady,” Caleb said, signalling to the woman with pink hair on the dance floor. His welsh accent sounding clear as day, cops make him angry. “Maybe I am in the wrong bar, I don’t think I’m your type. Go hit on someone else.”

Caleb hoped that would anger the cop enough to harass him some more. Caleb had the urge to punch something.

Divine Seduction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-05-2012, 01:14 PM

Jio looked up at the man, he was dark through and through. She shuddered, his aura seemed overwhelming so close and she couldn't find the strength to move. Instead of blooming, her confidence withered; the wallflower returned, shy in the face of opportunity. She began to blush and stutter, "N-no, not a-a-at all."

Judgement shrugged and continued to dance, no skin off her nose. But it put her in a sour mood, just a tad. She waited until the song was over then made her way back to the bar, she bumped into some man whose suit was black, he seemed to blend with the shadows. "Sorry..." she murmured with a glance up at his face, her surprise and then resounding feeling of horror did not show on her face. The teal haired girl looked too small, and seemed fightened. So she grabbed the girl by the hand and said to the man, "Sorry sir, my sister is jail bait..." She continued to the bar, where she plopped down on a stool and ordered another drink. She savored the sweet treat with abandon, and almost forgot the girl sitting next to her now. She smiled sweetly and offered her hand saying softly, "I'm Judgement, but you can call me Ju."

"I'm Jio, but thank you. He was overwhelming... I felt like deer stuck in headlights" she didn't glance back at the man, scared that he was glaring at her. This was the woman she'd envied earlier, another blush stole across her cheeks. She was happy to have been saved from making a fool of herself. She ordered another apple juice and watched Judgement.

"You don't get out much?"

"Nope, I have a business to run."
"Kudos to young women business owners then, I own the line of clothing I'm wearing. You could be my new model, faries and nymphs." She produced a black card with gold embossing. "What do you say we get out of here? I can walk you home, the crowd here tonight seems a bit unsavory."
Jio's eyes brightened in happiness. "Oh thank you, we're in a bad part of town. And can we talk about it?" Her smile was a beauty, and transformed her whole face.

Judgement and Jio then linked arms and put their heads together, talking and giggling as they departed. Each having made an invaluable new friend.

(Is it okay that I left the last line black since it was both of them?)

Last edited by Divine Seduction; 10-05-2012 at 01:16 PM..

Kriddles
Kriddles. It's Magic.

Old 10-05-2012, 07:55 PM

((Hee hee. Yeah that is fine. :3))

Demitrii's blue eyes narrowed at the insult eliminating possible scenarios within a split second. "Hmm. I suppose that is a good thing because that would make this awkward." He said, "I would just like to ask a couple of questions," he said as the pink haired girl he had danced with a couple of seconds ago blew Caleb off to talk with Jio... a small smirk lifting the corners of his cheeks. "If you aren't too busy that is." He watched Caleb's face before reaching into his suit jacket and pulling out a couple of photos of the victims from earlier that night, the only difference was they were alive. It was eerie to see the life in their eyes through the photos... but impossible. "I just want to know if you have seen any of these people before." He didn't look at the photos, but rather Caleb's facial expression. So much could be told in someone's face. "See, my name is Detective Wane and what you know might help me catch the guy who murdered these young people." he was careful with his words. Caution was key, especially when you dealt with someone like this.

Whisper Invictus
is in your head.

Penpal

Old 10-05-2012, 10:33 PM

Mara sighed, boredom overtaking her as she scrolled through the latest news in the Olympus newspaper while lounging on her over-fluffed sofa. It was always the same old boring stories, she was surprised they called this news. Something had caught her attention today, though. She flipped back to the article. Murders... drugs... this place is going to the dogs. She placed the tablet on the table beside her and stood to face the large seamless window-front to her studio flat. It was dark outside, the night only just starting for some of the more indulging Olympus inhabitants. She couldn't blame them of course, living the life she had, she had always regretted living such a sheltered life. A spark always lit in her heart, tempting her to just let go, become her parents deepest fear. Maybe even pierce her nose. She laughed halfheartedly to herself. “Yah, right.” But she did wonder, what would it be like...? She gazed down to the street below, being several stories up, she could only make out smaller details of the happenings-on. A club a few blocks down seemed to be popular tonight.

She rested her head against the cold window pane. “Oh, Mara, why are you such a lame person?” But alas, she was never one to be reckless. Rationality ruled her life. Maybe that would change soon, she could only hope.

ThorsViking
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-06-2012, 02:42 AM

Caleb could care less about the photos, and he showed this by setting them on the bar, and using them as a coaster. "Thanks, I needed a spot to place my drink"

His large hands made the pint glass shatter as he slammed it down on the bar. Years of practice and drinking let him break the glass without cutting himself. Caleb called for another round eying up Lewis again. The pink haired girl and the teal one walked away from his boss, the first thought that jumped in to his mind is that they were Lewis' wife's type. Caleb once again though he was in the wrong type of bar.

"Look," Caleb said, his eyes looking down at the detective, "I am really busy tonight, big date, you know. Yeah... Your mother and sister should be here any moment. So, get out of my sight."

Caleb figured he had to be getting under the cops skin now.

Kriddles
Kriddles. It's Magic.

Old 10-06-2012, 06:29 AM

Demitrii smirked at the comment. "That's funny..." He said with a chuckle before he shrugged it off. He wasn't going to let this brute of a man get under his skin, but his parents were touchy subjects... especially to someone who could've killed them. "Perhaps you know her...? Turns out she works here and she was involved in another murder earlier tonight, but now she is missing." he said pulling out his phone and showing Caleb the photo. "She looks like someone who would make her way around... even with someone such as yourself, which is quite a stretch... but I guess whatever brings in the cash right?" He asked, his eyes never leaving the man's face.

A man waited outside the club, his shoes were worn from walking the streets tonight. A bit of mud mixed with oil on them. He stood just outside the club, hidden from the bouncer and just out of reach from the street light. Shadows were this man's best friend and he played to them accordingly. As Jio and Judgement passed by he spoke in such a gentle manner so as not to frighten them. He never showed his face, but it was impossible to say that he wasn't looking at them. "Such beautiful faces... and skin." He said drawing out the comment. "But even the most beautiful have flaws... don't they? No one is perfect... Such a shame really." With that he let out a breath before speaking again, never showing his face. "Tell me... do you hate yourself because of them?"

ThorsViking
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-09-2012, 03:44 AM

Caleb stretched out and cracked his knuckles. The cop was getting on his nerves.

“Let me get a better look,” Caleb’s hands moved fast and graceful, almost unnatural movements for a man of his size. He looked closely at the picture on the phone. She was pretty and had red hair. Caleb knew she wasn’t some escort, he knew she was a decent person. Something inside of him screamed this. It was Terra, the woman who Lewis rescued earlier in the night.

Caleb went to hand the phone back to the cop, and with a quick flick of his wrist he landed a punch on the Demitrii’s orbital, knocking him back on the ground unconscious. Part of Caleb hopped the cop would be blind in one eye from now on. The bartender overheard the knocked out man was a working cop, and called up to O’Harron to see what should be done.

--

“Just toss him in the alley, don’t let him back in without a warrant. I’ll give a call to the commissioner let him know one of his men got in a bar fight.” James said in to the phone receiver. Another cop has wandered in to the bar asking questions. The deal made with zoning between that politician Wood and the police commissioner was that the cops would say clear of the building, and the O’Harron Gun running trades would not happen in town.

James O’Harron sat back in his chair in his basement office overlooking the casino. The giant one way mirror allowed him to see the gambling, but not letting anyone see him. He spun around on his wheeled chair to view the security cameras. He watched the large man looked over the knocked out cop as two of the bouncers dragged the cop in to the back alley. The large man he recognised the cop he didn’t.

James turned his attention to the front door camera. He saw Judgment and Jio leave the club and he saw Mara walk up to the entrance.

Kriddles
Kriddles. It's Magic.

Old 10-10-2012, 03:50 AM

Demitrii went to reach for the phone when Caleb's fist met with his face. It was hard to describe the pain that he felt. He wouldn't have been shocked if something had cracked as the pain rattled his brain and shot down his spine. He fell to the ground from the stool only causing more pain in the back of his head. He lay there, for a second, the dark room spinning as he tried to get back up. Unfortunately he could only manage to turn his head before everything went black.

They tossed his body like a rag doll into the alleyway, before shutting the door on his limp body.

He rolled over onto his back fresh uncut grass brushing against his cheek and fingers. How long had he been out? He opened an eye seeing as though there was a lingering pain in one eye. What he saw wasn't exactly what he expected. Tall deep blue trees loomed over head illuminated by the pale moonlight that seeped through their sparse leaves. He opened the swollen eye, finally. It was a welcomed sight, if not terribly confusing. He outstretched a hand and let the beams roll across it before clenching his hand around them, only catching shadows. How long had it been since he had seen His moon... His? He contemplated that for a minute staying there. A realization tickled his memory before he remembered the man who had given him the swollen eye. He pushed himself up, and regretted it almost immediately. The thought of the man getting too far away however, wasn't something he wanted on his conscious. He forced himself up looking around once more before freezing before he ever took a step. Three figures loomed just a few feet away from him.
He tried to analyze them. Trying to figure out if he should be threatened. He didn't feel threatened. He took a step forward, but feeling his breath catch in his throat. The blonde was now in front of him her hair looking silver in the moonlight, the other two kept their distance.

"Hello Artemis..."

Last edited by Kriddles; 10-15-2012 at 08:02 PM..

Divine Seduction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-12-2012, 05:47 AM

(Come on lovies! Let's get this thread rolling again!)

Judgement looked at the stranger with a mix of apprehension and dawning understanding, this was the guy peddling the drug, Ambrosia, the Gods' wine. Her brow furrowed in consternation. Who did he think he was, accosting them like this?

Jio took one look at him and shivered, she stepped in front of her new friend, this guy couldn't possbly be human. And any thing he was trying to give them was probably cursed or something, but she could smell something faintly, like wildflowers.

"Imperfections are what make us human, if we were meant to be perfect we wouldn't be human... so what do you want? An arm, a leg. Why offer this stuff to random people on the street? Oh and to answer your question, hatemyself, ha! Not in this lifetime, I live good and drug free. So take it somewhere else. Come on Jio, we have a long walk." She felt that her answer was the truth, but her curiosity was killing her. She couldn't possibly be that weak, could she? Never touhed cigarettes, an occasional drink but no recreational drugs ever! So why did she want to take what this man offered? She knew better, she was always able to firmly say no to drugs.

Jio noticed the older womans hesitation, her body radiated tension. This was bad, she couldn't possibly use her powers in front of a human, at least one she wasn't influencing. If she took whatever it was she knew it would be trouble, ever fiber told her so. So she wondered why Judgement didn't budge. "Come on, let's be out. We don't want any trouble mister." She said and took the other woman by her hand, prepared to forcefully tug her away.