NekoLen
Tachigami's Personal Slave

Penpal

Old 02-11-2013, 11:28 PM

Hello! In this thread I have decided to let some of you pick my brains and borrow some of my role play ideas!

OK, what I mean is that I have seen a lot of people struggle to find role play partners and/or ideas for role plays. Partners are easier to find if you have a few ideas written down. Basic skeletons are great, that way your partners can add some of their own inspiration into the story idea.

So, I am here to help! I can help you with ideas for role plays, ideas for characters and basic guidelines for role playing for any of you newbies out there. This is entirely a free service and I welcome others to suggest ideas and help each other out.

My good friend Tachigami will also be helping out from time to time. He is a much wiser than myself and can help with more hard-to-answer questions.

Feel free to post below what you are needing help with and we can get started!

Last edited by NekoLen; 02-12-2013 at 12:13 AM..

Donut
Looking for a place to call home
Send a message via AIM to Donut Send a message via Yahoo to Donut

Old 02-11-2013, 11:34 PM

type of characters: shape shifters and fire wielding
setting: apocalyptic and medieval of course
genres: sci-fy, fanticy (i suck at spelling by the way)

i knoiw i posted this before, but wanted to place it here as well.. hope thats ok

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 02-11-2013, 11:40 PM

Quote:
i know this isnt really to help me but im jumping in as well..
type of characters: shape shifters and fire wielding
setting: apocalyptic and medieval of course
genres: sci-fy, fanticy (i suck at spelling by the way) - Donut
OK, so you need some help with some ideas. I have a few right here for you by using your favourite types of things:
  1. In the distant future, after a great war.
Humans have been genetically altered by this point, those with the greatest powers have survived the war. The people have decided to rebuild the land, after many nuclear strikes have decimated the land and wiped everything about the past out. There are many dangers in this new world, including mutated creatures.
  • Shapeshifter
A boy whit the power to shape shift lives in a small village located deep in a forest. While exploring the forest one day he comes across a strange man who has fled from a terrible battle in a far off land. This one would be more of a friendship adventure, based in a medieval landscape where magic exists.

Temple
people strive to be better me i'...

Old 02-11-2013, 11:43 PM

Sci-fi fantasy like knights in shining armor umm I'm more keen on keeping fights short but fun but I hate when other people fight each other they both will do anything to win

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 02-11-2013, 11:46 PM

Quote:
uh hmm this is a hard one I like someone who may do evil acts but only for good reasons setting Sci-fi fantasy like knights in shining armor umm I'm more keen on keeping fights short but fun but I hate when other people fight each other they both will do anything to win - Temple
You seem to be in need of a protector-type character. One that will fight to protect the thing he has, but prefers not to. The above mentioned storyline for the shape shifter might be something you would enjoy. Your character being a knight, fled from a particularly bloody battle and ended up in a strange and magical forest. He is exhausted from his journey and also badly wounded. He is found by someone and taken back to their home, where the knight is nursed back to health by these people. He then learns of something that could threaten the one he saved and vows to protect them. Maybe they have to go on a journey to a new and safe place.

Donut

Old 02-11-2013, 11:48 PM

i like that, the whole thing really.. i cant think like that lol thanks a lot

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 02-11-2013, 11:49 PM

To make it futuristic (or "scyfy") you can always add in advance technologies and the fact that it is based in the future. Like a parallel universe. Have the armour called Bio-Armour or something, have the swords and weapons used advanced lasers or guns. You can really have fun with that sort of thing.

---------- Post added 02-11-2013 at 11:53 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut View Post
i like that, the whole thing really.. i cant think like that lol thanks a lot
No problem. I can tell you that drawing inspiration from different sources and combining them is what helps me with my ideas. Find a type of character you love to play and add something different to them every time you enter a new role play. It's a good way to start character building.

Watch movies, anime, etc Read books, manga, comics etc Listen to music... It all helps get ideas flowing. You can use those I suggested or you can take bare elements and turn them into something you would like more. It's rather easy once you get your creative juices running.

Donut

Old 02-11-2013, 11:55 PM

ok the ability to manipulate fire was from a manga i mostly read "flame of recca" it was good, but never got anyone to stick with it with me.. but i didnt have a strong grasp of what i wanted to do with it

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 02-12-2013, 12:05 AM

Fandom rps can be very hard to get into, that way you should try and do something original. The first idea could definitely include some fire-bending characters in it.
A suggestion on how to get some role play partners. Make an introductory thread, explain what you are looking for in particular, admit to your level of role playing as well. I would like to point out that capitalising your 'I's will keep people's attention.
Don't get me wrong, but many partners do like some form of literacy to play with. Your spelling or grammar don't have to be brilliant, but if you make that little bit extra, someone will reply to you. I mean no offence, of course. I am merely giving you a suggestion and you can take it or leave it, I don't mind.
Make sure before you plunge into a role play, you do have some sort of plot line and you are feeling your character/s. If you dislike your character, that's when the quality of the role play goes downhill. I know from experience. If you have no goal in mind, then it can become boring and repetitive. This is why I dislike "Slice of Life" role plays. But think of your rp like a story. It needs a beginning, a middle and an end.

Donut

Old 02-12-2013, 12:10 AM

I am taking all your help to mind. If it wasn't for someone helping, I would still be just sitting here. Grammar isn't really a good quality of mine, and sometimes I can stump spell check. I will take your advice and see what i can get. Do you suggest starting new thread looking, for someone, or just add another post on my already open one?

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 02-12-2013, 12:17 AM

Maybe just delete everything you wrote and rewrite it. Make sure you have some sort of introductory to your style and who you are in the role playing game. Write some ideas down, say that you are open to ideas as well. Make sure you admit your weaknesses as well, so you don't trick people. Though I doubt you would do such a thing. Just mention your spelling and grammar errors, say something about how long you can reply (If you can do between one or two paragraphs, that is great) and what sort of style you can write in. There are lots of people out there that have issues with grammar and don't want to type out whole novels everytime you reply. You just need to hook on in.

Donut

Old 02-12-2013, 12:30 AM

Sorry for not responding.. I am trying my best to reset my thread thanks a lot too by the way

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 02-12-2013, 12:34 AM

No need to apologise for that. I am always about and I rarely get lonely <<<< A big fat lie.
Link it to me when you are done, I will be glad to read through it for you.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 02-12-2013, 02:13 AM

Lie!? So I'm not here anymore to be around?

I see how it is. *pouts*

EDIT---Yes, I'm here now. Here to make my presence known as the Great and Powerful Trixie---I mean, Tachigami!

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 02-12-2013, 02:15 AM

Rofl. I might start calling you Trixie now. You've sealed your fate.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 02-12-2013, 02:18 AM

Get away from The Great and Powerful Trixigami with your ill-designed nicknames! We command you! *waves branch*

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 02-12-2013, 02:22 AM

'We', now you are Queen Trixiegami of England. I dare you to make your avi wear princess clothes.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 02-12-2013, 02:23 AM

Right after you change your avi's gender to a female.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 02-12-2013, 02:26 AM

ooooooooh Playing with that are we? Well... nope. Can't do that. >.<

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 02-12-2013, 02:29 AM

Aha! I knew it! Whew, I'm safe now. Besides, I have no princess items.
Besides, I'd never ask you to change him to a female! I mean... really.