zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-03-2010, 08:43 PM

◆ Introduction:

Welcome to my roleplay search thread!

Come on in and take a look around, I swear I don't bite! This thread is mostly a 1x1 search but if there is a group roleplay you think I'd be interested in, feel free to post the link and I'll check it out.

❖ Current Status:
  • Not looking.

Now I don't want to scare you away just yet but let's cover the important things first...

What I look for in a roleplay partner:
  • Literacy — I don't consider myself a grammar nazi but I'd really appreciate if you could post with proper spelling and grammar. Occasional mistakes are fine but I get annoyed with constant misspellings, misuse of punctuation, etc.
  • Length — You don't need to be able to write a book however I usually prefer that you post a minimum of about 5 sentences per post. Please feel free to write more if you wish though; my posts usually vary from 2 to 4 paragraphs.
  • Location — I only roleplay in the forums. It's much easier to keep track of and it's a great way to earn gold for your posts.
  • Frequency — I usually prefer that you post at least once every few days but I am flexible as I understand that real life does exist outside of Menewsha. If I don't hear anything from you for more than a week though I'm going to worry.
  • Courtesy — Please let me know if you're going to be absent for any length of time more than a couple days. Also, if you just aren't enjoying the roleplay of if you can no longer play, please please please be mature and tell me instead of just dropping it without warning.
  • Dedication — I usually intend roleplays to be for the long run. Please don't start a roleplay with me if you don't plan on pursuing it very far.
  • Creativity — A roleplay needs to be a two-sided affair. I really hate it when roleplays turn one-sided. I'd really like it if you could creatively contribute to the roleplay. This means taking liberties in advancing the story, contributing in the creation of the plot, and helping to play any necessary NPCs.

A few other notes:
  • I'm a female and as such I usually prefer to play female characters. I am not limited to playing a single gender however or a single character for that matter. If fitting I may ask that you also play an extra character.
  • At some point I'm going to ask to see a roleplay sample from you, please be prepared.
  • I'd like both of us to create a profile to the roleplay. Even if we are playing 1x1, it's nice to get a feel for who your character/s is/are.
  • I don't mind a little romance in roleplays but that should not be all the story is about. I'm willing to play heterosexual pairings and possibly yaoi.

| Introduction | What I Like/Don't Like | Plot Ideas | My Roleplays |

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 12-11-2023 at 10:42 PM..

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-03-2010, 08:43 PM

◆ What I Like/Don't Like:

Here are some ideas of what I may or may not want to see in a roleplay. If you're interested in something but don't see here, feel free to suggest it. I am craving topics with this icon: and would love you if you'd play them with me. ^^;

❖ What I Like:
Themes:
  • Fantasy
  • Medieval
  • Modern
  • Post-apocalyptic
  • School for the Gifted
  • Slice of Life (Plots in next post)
  • Space travel
  • Romance (Plots in next post)
Fandoms:
  • Arietty
  • .hack//Sign (Plot in next post)
  • Harry Potter
  • Harvest Moon
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Plot in next post)
  • Inception
  • Interstellar
  • Kiki's Delivery Service
  • Lord of the Rings
  • Mana Khemia
  • Memoirs of a Geisha
  • Mushi Shi
  • Phantasy Star
  • Pokemon
  • Rurouni Kenshin
  • Samurai Champloo
  • Star Wars
  • Teen Titans
  • The Hobbit
  • The Last of Us
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Witch Hunter Robin
  • X-Men (Plot in next post)
  • Yu Yu Hakusho
❖ What I Don't Like:
Themes:
  • Gore
  • Horror
  • Vampire
  • Werewolf
  • Zombie

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 12-14-2022 at 04:26 PM..

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-03-2010, 08:44 PM

◆ Plot Ideas:

Snapshot Love: Slice of Life/Romance

General college romance. Plot can be developed as we go. My character profile is below. I would play a female, you would play the future boyfriend/girlfriend.

SPOILERX

Quote:
Name: Alice Goodworth

Sex: Female

Year: Freshman

Major: Photography

Minor: None

Extracurricular Activities: Drinking

Residence: Building B, 4th Floor, Room D9

Bio: Alice is the only child of her two seriously rich, and according to Alice, seriously boring, parents. She had never intended to further her education after high school but mommy and daddy had different plans. Forced to attend university, Alice decided she would go on her own terms. Rather than stay up late studying, Alice goes out. Dorm parties, frat house parties, night clubs, bar crawls, she’s down for it all. It definitely beats being holed up in the library with musty books. She doesn’t really have a plan for the future but that doesn’t scare her.

Personality: Alice is outgoing and usually friendly enough. If you get on her bad side or annoy her at the wrong time however she can be a bit of a bitch. Normally though she just loves to have fun and doesn’t tend to take her life seriously. What her “friends” don’t know however is that there’s more to her than meets the eye. Though she describes her major as an easy out, she really is passionate about photography and never skips her time in the studio.

• Sleeping Late / Skipping Class
  • Clothes / Makeup
  • Loud Music
  • Lattes
  • Stormy Weather
Dislikes:
  • Studying
  • Hangovers
  • Her Parents
  • Skirts / Dresses
  • Doing Laundry
  • Umbrellas
Other: Her natural hair color is blonde. She dyed it pink to annoy her parents.

Playing Hard to Get: Slice of Life/Romance

Sam has been in the witness protection program for a few years now. Her life seems to get shuffled around every few months so she tends to keep her distance. Her love life in nonexistent until her new neighbor changes everything... My character profile is below. I would play a female, you would play the future boyfriend/girlfriend.

SPOILERX

Quote:
Lately I go by… Samantha Walters But you can call me Sam I guess.

I can’t lie about my age… I’m 28 if you must know.

Looks aren’t everything… My appearance has changed so often that I barely recognize myself in the mirror anymore. My latest “makeover” has left me with wavy blonde hair that just barely dusts my shoulders. My eyes are green now, thanks to a pair of contacts, and a pair of dorky glasses completes the look.

According to the feds… I was born and raised in Milwaukee, Tennessee. My parents were both farmers. As for myself I’ve traveled around; done a bit of this and that. I recently moved to The Big City from Taunton, Massachusetts. And if that story doesn’t make me sound like a enough of a loser, I’ve yet to be in any serious relationships. Want the real story? Sorry, I’m not at leisure to disclose any details…

I doubt we’ll really get to know each other but… I’m a far cry from the loving, yet timid, woman I used to be. Each new placement reveals to me something new about myself. One day I’d love to settle down and have a peaceful life in a quiet town but for now that’s not an option. I may seem secluded but I assure you it isn’t personal; I have my reasons…

These are some of my favorite things…
  • Jogging – This really helps me clear my mind.
  • Coffee – I really couldn’t live without it.
  • My trusty headphones – They’re best way not to have to talk to people.
I really don’t like these things much…
  • Romance movies/books – I gave up on this shit a long time ago…
  • Alcohol/depressants – I need to keep my head clear if I’m going to keep my story straight.
  • Pickles – Seriously, who likes these anyway?
Anything else… You may laugh at the size of my handbag but seriously, this thing is my life. I never know when the feds might relocate me. I’m not materialistic but there are a few things in there I’d rather not part with.

Take Me Home: Slice of Life/Possible Romance

A slice of life roleplay. Two young women, friends since childhood, follow separate paths in life as their futures unfold before them but always remain true to each other. When Girl 1's husband kicks her out on the street, she calls Girl 2. Without hesitation Girl 2 drives hours to pick up Girl 1 and bring her back home but when they arrive, her husband makes her chose between him, and Girl 1. The choice is easy and the two girls set out on a road trip, a journey to find themselves a new home, a fresh start, and maybe even a second chance at love.

Please note, this is a roleplay based on friendship. The girls are in no way involved in a romantic way.

A Chance Encounter: Modern/Sci-fi/Possible Romance/Possible Fan-Based

Two people meet online by chance and join up for a quest on an immersive MMO game (similar to .Hack). As they play together, a budding friendship forms. I want to play out an online-only relationship (either friendship or possible romance) and it's juxtaposition with their real lives.

An X-Men Roleplay: Fan-based/Possible Romance (Yaoi)

Set after First Class but before the film Days of Future Past, Charles struggles after Erik's betrayal and must choose between his mobility and his powers. Erik, unaware of Charles' struggles, comes to visit Charles with a peace offering--helping him build a new Cerebro so that he can continue his school. He has his own hidden agenda however to use Charles to help uncover new potential members for the Brotherhood. Surprised by Charles' state, however he must coax the other mutant into following his plan.
Roles:

Charles — Me
Erik — You
Other side characters or OC characters can slowly be added as the story progresses. Could be played as a yaoi or straight scenario (with a preference for yaoi).

A Howl's Moving Castle Roleplay: Fan-based/Possible Romance

Young women from Sophie's town are going missing and Howl gets blamed. As Howl has a reputation of stealing the hearts of beautiful young girls to eat them, it seems like a logical assumption. The Sophie character also disappears from town after being cursed by the Witch of the Waste and somehow ends up in Howl’s Castle. She fears her heart will be eaten as well but eventually finds out that he really isn't to blame and sets out to help him get the girls back and clear his name. (Through a bargain with Calcifer, or perhaps because she starts to like him, or maybe she feels sorry for him when she finds out that he isn't to blame and begins to see who he really is, etc.)
Roles:

Howl — Most likely me
Sophie or a similar original character — most likely you
Calcifer — Whoever plays Howl or possibly a shared role?
Witch of the Waste — Whoever, she probably won't appear too frequently
These are the main foreseeable characters but others may pop in from time to time if we need them. I've purposefully omitted Michael as a role as he was a very different character in the book and I'm not terribly fond of his movie counterpart. I've read the books and seen the movie but you don't need to be familiar with both of them. Knowledge of one or the other is fine for me.

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 12-14-2022 at 04:28 PM..

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-03-2010, 11:14 PM

◆ My Roleplays:

❖ Samples:

❖ Current Roleplays:

❖ Past Private Roleplays:

❖ Past Group Roleplays:

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 01-08-2024 at 09:25 PM..

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-03-2010, 11:29 PM

I hearby declare this thread to be open!

*Throws confetti*

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 01-02-2014 at 04:56 PM..

musikfreakx
you are a hurricane prone area, ...

Old 09-03-2010, 11:31 PM

Oi!!!! -raises hand wildly and eats confetti- I'd love to RP with you :D I just came back to Mene after being on a long withdrawal because our internet was messed up and my laptop wasn't working. But I am back! And I'd lub lub lub to private roleplay with you :) I'm very literate, and a sucker for good paragraphs, and I'm cool with playing multiple characters of any gender. Right now I really want to do a post-apocalyptic rolelplay (can have zombies, doesn't have to, either way) if that's fine with you? I don't have a sampling right now but I can make one up, just give me a topic/idea, if you'd like.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-03-2010, 11:35 PM

Wow! A taker already! O. o

I do like post-apocalyptic settings so I wouldn't mind doing one of those with you. I'm not really a huge fan of zombies though... Have you seen the movie I Am Legend? We could always come up with our own original zombie-esque monsters to take their place though if you'd like. I don't have any ideas in my head right at the moment but the more I think about the idea the more I'm interested. I've been looking up a lot about abandoned hospital ruins that make me feel close to that setting. ^_^

musikfreakx

Old 09-03-2010, 11:42 PM

Yay! Go first poster! Meeeeee! XD That's fine by me, zombies actually scare me. Yes, I've seen that movie ^-^ Zombie-esque monsters is cool by me :D Hospital ruins... I like that. Very different than most typical post-apocalyptic settings. I really really like that. Lol. Do you have any preferences for characters? Like age groups, etc.?

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-03-2010, 11:50 PM

Hm... I tend to play characters ranging from 16 to 22. I'd probably want to play a female maybe... 18ish? They should probably be old enough to take care of themselves.

Have you heard of the Fire Bringer Trilogy? That's another post-apocalyptic world where all adults died and only the children remain. It only works that they're children because there aren't any monsters but it's another option.

Any ideas how you would like our characters to be related? Maybe they haven't met yet... Maybe they found each other randomly, maybe siblings...

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 09-03-2010 at 11:57 PM..

musikfreakx

Old 09-04-2010, 12:13 AM

I wouldn't mind playing male. Or we could each play a male and female??? 18ish sounds good. If we play two characters each they should probably be siblings or friends or something of the such. Though I think our characters (mine and yours) should meet randomly. Maybe they are trying to scavenge supplies from the hospital ruins?
I've never heard of the trilogy. But if our characters are 18ish that wouldn't work seeing as they'd be young adults and such. But I don't know....

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-04-2010, 12:20 AM

Yeah, that book series I was just mentioning to see if you'd heard of it really. It's a pretty good read if you like young adult books.

I'd like my character to be living in the hospital and yours can come scavenging. I think I'd like it if we start with our first two characters first and then maybe have a brother/sister pair come in later. Playing with my main character for a bit first will help me get into the story a bit and get her personality ironed out before adding another one to the mix.

Any ideas on what might have happened to the world and how long it's been ruined? It has to be something that would have left the buildings in tact... In I Am Legend there was that disease that created the monsters, do you want to use that or do you have any other ideas?

musikfreakx

Old 09-04-2010, 12:24 AM

Hm. Maybe some kind of factory exploded or released an airborne disease that transformed humans into monsters or made them get very ill and eventually die after going through a 24 hour extreme violent phase? They didn't eat brains and what not, or deteriorate on the outside (just inside, lungs, live, etc.), they just became extremely violent and their personalities altered. That way buildings are still in tact. Starting with one character is fine by me :) That way, like you said, we can get things rolling easily.
I'll check out that series. It sounds a lot like Gone. Where all the adults disappear mysteriously (it's post-apocalyptic) and the teens start to develop weird powers. What would you like to do for the profile skeleton?
Oh I will try to reply back to your next post before 10, but I may not be able to because my dad wants me to watch the first ever Indiana Jones with him seeing as I haven't seen any of the Indiana Jones movies. So I will most likely reply tomorrow and we can talk more, or I will try to tonight.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-04-2010, 12:28 AM

Hm, that sounds good. We'll just have to figure out how our characters survived. I'll probably post a quick plot in the RP just to flesh things out. I'll make the thread and give you the link along with a profile skeleton. That's okay if you're not on to finish it up tonight. It usually takes me a while to make profiles anyway. ^^;

Alright, I made the thread and profile skeleton. Let me know if you think there's anything I should add. I forgot to ask you for that RP sample... Ooops. T_T

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 09-04-2010 at 01:30 AM..

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-04-2010, 01:37 PM

I joined an anime cosplay contest! If anyone sees this message, please take a minute to vote here:

http://www.menewsha.com/forum/gaming...post1766283455

musikfreakx

Old 09-04-2010, 10:11 PM

I posted the profile in the roleplay thread. Hmmm. I'm trying to see if I have an RP sample saved. I did before but I think something might have happened to it when my dad fixed my laptop.

----------

Edit:: If you want though, you can give me a quick topic/idea to write an RP sample off of.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-04-2010, 10:37 PM

Um, your profile is unique and doesn't show any sign of errors so I think you'll be okay. ^_~

Do you want to make the first post or would you like me to?

musikfreakx

Old 09-04-2010, 10:45 PM

Oh yay :D -happiness- Lol. You can if want :) Either way works for me.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-04-2010, 10:52 PM

Alrighty then. I've been browsing with my iPod so I should probably bust out my laptop to make a post. BRB.

Back and posting.

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 09-04-2010 at 10:58 PM..

musikfreakx

Old 09-04-2010, 10:59 PM

Haha ok :)

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-04-2010, 11:22 PM

Yeah, it takes forever to type on that thing and I'm always making typeos.

Posted BTW. ^^;

musikfreakx

Old 09-04-2010, 11:54 PM

Same here, I tried using mine last night to do menewsha and I got so frustrated because of typos.
I posted back :D

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-04-2010, 11:57 PM

I turned off the spellcheck too which doesn't help. I sometimes type things in French and it gets extremely annoying that the spellcheck is always changing perfectly good French words in to English.

I see that you posted but I've gotta get off for dinner now. Be back later!

musikfreakx

Old 09-05-2010, 01:35 AM

Haha nice. I do that with German, and it really makes me mad. Or for words it doesn't recognize it changes into these weird freaky words and it really frustrates me.

----------

((Oh, and I posted again))

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-05-2010, 02:11 AM

Ooh, you know German too? I took 2 years of it. ^_^

I'm gonna go post now.

BCNSDJ
Dead Account Holder

Old 09-05-2010, 03:32 AM

Howdy there, ;D
I'll totally do a YYH role play with you or a 'school for the gifted'. If your not too busy, of course. Also, by gifted you mean non-human, yes?