ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 12-22-2022, 08:56 PM

[banner goes here]

I'm looking for laidback, fun RPs with friends both new and old! Keep scrolling to see my post lengths, frequency, favorite genres, and a couple sample scenarios. I'm open to other scenarios outside of the samples, they're just to get you inspired.

I can't guarantee I'll say yes to every RP request, but I do read and consider every request, and I will definitely respond to let you know what my answer is.

Color Key

Green = Most preferred
Orange = Works for me
Red = Doesn't work for me

Last edited by ghostPastry; 01-08-2023 at 03:53 PM..

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 12-22-2022, 09:08 PM

RP Comforts

Locations
I am comfortable with:
- 1x1 RP in a public thread
- 1x1 RP over Mene DMs
- 1x1 RP over Google Docs
- Group RP in a public thread
- Group RP over Google Docs

Participants
I am comfortable with:
- One on one roleplays.
- Small group roleplays
- Large group games/events
- Whole forum games/events

Post Length
I usually write about:
- 3 - 5 Paragraphs

I am comfortable role-playing with people who write:
- One or two paragraphs.
- Three to five paragraphs.
- More than five paragraphs.

Post Frequency
I can post:
- Once every few days
- Once a week
- Once a month
- Or even less frequently

I cannot post:
- Once every few hours
- Once a day

Role-play Requests
I like getting requests from:
- People with interesting ideas, who are laidback but also invested in the story we're building together.

Shipping/Romance/Smut
- I am never comfortable shipping or drawing/writing smut of any of my characters. I'm just not interested in romance as a genre.

Violence
When it comes to violent situations, I am comfortable with:
- Verbal arguments
- Some violence, like a paper cut, or an accidental elbow to the face.
- Mild violence, such as punching, kicking, hair pulling.
- Violence, such as stabbings.

I am not comfortable with:
- Explicit descriptions of trauma, torture, or gore. Abstract mentions of things that happened in your character's past are fine, but please nothing visceral.

If you are going to do something violent, please:
- Talk to me about it first.

Triggering Content
- Talk to me first if you want to post something that is a common trigger, especially if it's a drawing.
- Talk to me if you want to delve into any medical or mental health themes, or any subject matter typically considered dark or heavy. I'm happy to go there for the right RP, but I want to make sure we're very aware of each others' boundaries.

RP Comfort meme by @ElfSama

Last edited by ghostPastry; 01-08-2023 at 03:56 PM..

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 12-22-2022, 09:09 PM

Genres I Like

• Modern/Low/Urban Fantasy
• Sci-fi/Futuristic
• Outer Space/Aliens/Astronauts
• Horror/Dark Fantasy/Macabre
• Surreal/Non-linear/Dream-like*
• Slice-of-Life/Comedy
• Mystery/Suspense/Thriller*
• Action/Adventure
• Historical*
• Post-Apocalyptic/Dystopian

Sample Scenarios

Time Travel

1. Character 1 is a secret agent that regulates use of supernatural powers, and Character 2 is a rogue time traveler that Character 1 is trying to apprehend.

2. Character 1 has been cursed with time travel, Character 2 helps them to navigate their new power while protecting them from the people who hunt time travelers.

*3. Character 1 and Character 2 work for a top-secret time travel organization that is trying to stop the apocalypse

*4. Character 1 has found a mysterious portal to the future, Character 2 is from the future.

Modern Fantasy

1. Character 1 can transform into an animal, but got stuck in one specific form, and has been passed down as a pet in Character 2's family for generations. After being Character 2's pet for a while, Character 1 realizes that Character 2 is growing into powers that could reverse Character 1's permanent transformation, and allow them to transform at will again, so Character 1 starts trying to mentor Character 2. But Character 2 gets frustrated with magic and keeps abandoning their studies, and Character 1 can't talk, so they have to figure out how to get their message across with body language.

2. Character 1 lives in a big city where urban magic thrives, and Character 2 lives in a small city with a focus on nature magic. They meet when Character 2 takes a trip to the big city to do a big expo on nature magic for the city people who know nothing about it, and Character 1 comes up to them afterwards to ask them questions.

*3. Character 1 is banished from their land and left to die in a desert, but a dust storm sweeps through and leaves them with supernatural powers, allowing them to survive in the desert. With no home to return to, they decide to stay in the desert, and begin uncovering the hidden mysteries that lie deep beneath the sand, eventually revealing runes that fortell the end of the world, and the people who stop it. The runes lead Character 1 to a city where they go in search of Character 2, who has supernatural powers but doesn't realize that's what they are and had been working a simple job and living a simple life. Character 1 has to explain the runes to Character 2, who is very skeptical, and convince them to join Character 1 in stopping the apocalypse. Once convinced, Character 2 goes under Character 1's tutelage, but Character 1 doesn't really know what they're doing either, so their magic has very unpredictable results, and they keep causing troubles wherever they go, and eventually get themselves thrown in the desert again, where a giant scorpion comes to attack them and Character 2 has to use their magic to save Character 1's life, and the spell accidentally uncovers another deep cavern underground, where the next phase of their quest begins.

Comedy/Slice of Life

1. Character 1 & Character 2 are friends who hang out at a bar a lot, and Character 1 is trying to be Character 2's wingman, but they're really bad at it.

2. Character 1 & Character 2 are roommates, and Character 1 is very messy, but Character 2 is very neat.

*3. Character 1 & Character 2 live across the hall from each other, and Character 1 is always throwing really raucous parties. Character 2 has to work really early every day, and is always trying to sleep during the parties, or get them to quiet down. One day, Character 2 goes to one of the parties, and everything changes.

*Starred genres & scenarios will need more preparation and plot planning.

Last edited by ghostPastry; 01-08-2023 at 04:04 PM..

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 12-22-2022, 09:10 PM

Reserved

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Reserved

Last edited by ghostPastry; 01-08-2023 at 03:47 PM..

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Reserved

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 12-22-2022, 09:11 PM

-

Open for posting!

-

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-07-2023, 02:10 AM

Are you craving anything in particular right now?

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 01-07-2023, 07:36 PM

Cora: Something with a scifi time travel element would be fun! I’ve also been interested in something with siblings/twins that have to take each others’ places at various points, or a prince and pauper-like switch.

(pretty avi btw!! you look so regal )

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-08-2023, 01:59 AM

Well, I am really up to anything these days. I've been looking for a new challenge. So any of those would suit me well enough. ^_^

I cannot guarantee I'll be a frequent responder. But I can guarantee a response once a week or so.

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 01-08-2023, 03:30 AM

Once a week or so works for me! Don't worry about how frequently you post, I'm just in it for fun. :)

Ok cool! So would you want to do a twin RP in a modern fantasy setting? Maybe the twins could be very different people and always had a hard time getting along, but something, maybe some sort of magical mission or quest, forces them to switch places and doing so opens their eyes to what the other is really like and they learn to understand each other. And only working together can they complete the quest at hand. Something like that?

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-08-2023, 04:31 AM

That sounds fun! What if we made them both part of some like magical agency, like spies or assassins or something of that nature but with magic, but one of them got out. Which caused a fight between them, or something. Dunno I'm making up details as I go. Only to have this mission force the twin that got out to come back in.

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 01-08-2023, 03:13 PM

i like that a lot! what if they're both part of an agency that manages magic use and the agents go out to stop the use of any magic that goes against their guidelines and retrieve magic artifacts that have fallen into the "wrong" hands. but one twin had a change of heart after a bad mission and started believing that magic should be free to use by anybody and that the agency had gone too far in its pursuit of order. so they went off the grid and started basically being an eccentric sorcerer in the hills that creates potions and spells for people who can't do magic themselves. but one day, an evil force gained possession of a massively destructive artifact, and the twin still in the agency has to go into the hills to ask the twin who left to come back, maybe because the twins have a special magic power that can only be unlocked when they work in harmony? and when the twin who left does come back and they try to use the power, they're not able to and they can't figure out why, so they have to spend the mission trying to figure out how to make it work, not realizing the whole time that all they have to do is truly understand one another.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-09-2023, 01:11 PM

Sure! I could work with that! Do you have any preference as to which twin? I'm assuming they are identical. Male or female?

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 01-09-2023, 06:35 PM

i'm feeling a draw to the twin who leaves the agency! would you be all right with playing the twin who stays? and it might be fun for both of them to have been assigned female at birth, but my character identifies as masculine, so even though they can pass as identical, most of the time they just look like regular siblings? that way it could be like a secret that they're able to switch places.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-10-2023, 12:53 AM

I'm sorta getting an image in my head of a woman who is feminine and beautiful, but also bad ass. I think she's a captain in the agency, and because she's beautiful guys used to hit on her a lot, and look down on her as weak for being a woman, but she beat every one of them in sparring with a "don't underestimate me because I'm a girl" attitude. Very strict with rules, very militaristic in nature. She's actually annoyed that she has to go get her twin, because in her eyes her twin abandoned agency and in turn her. But she knows she needs her twin because their joint power is the only thing that will work against the enemy.

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 01-11-2023, 08:31 PM

that's awesome, she sounds super cool. and i like the idea of her being super strict, and my character could become more of an eccentric hippie after he leaves the agency, and always had a hard time following orders correctly, and was always kind of a loose cannon. i feel like he would be really guilty about leaving, knowing it's an important cause, but his guilt would hold him back and make it harder for him once he comes back, especially since the other agents are probably hurt by him leaving too. so he kind of stays closed off, and it stops his abilities from working, but he doesn't realize that's why they're not working.

what are you thinking of for a name? do you think they should have names that are related to one another, like a theme or opposites or same first letter? or should they just be normal names?

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-12-2023, 01:02 AM

Side note - Love the changes to your avatar. Really lovely.

The names could be related, if you wish. I'm not too picky about it I can really work with anything. Same first letter would be the easiest way to relate them I think but I'm fine with anything.

I think more then closed off on her end, She's more bratty and actively shuts him out. Even though she misses him a lot, and there will be small signs of that, her strict order of her own self imposed rules wont let her be hurt again.

Do we have any physical characteristics in mind? Like hair color? Eye color? Height?

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 01-12-2023, 02:38 AM

tysm!! i like to think this is what my backyard would look like if i lived on an island next to Menewsha

hmmm ok, maybe something like Hazel and Hemlock? both types of trees starting with H, and i feel like the sound of Hazel fits your twin's more sharp personality, and Hemlock really sounds like an elf's name or something to me, so i think it fits the hippiness of my guy

ooo i like that too, so my twin would have to gain her trust, but to do that he'd have to kinda get over his own insecurities first.

i like the idea of them being pretty short, it could add to Hazel's whole "don't underestimate me" vibe. and dark hair? maybe my twin bleaches his hair after he leaves to differentiate himself even more, so to pass as your twin, he has to dye it back. i feel like their eyes should be hazel and maybe that's where your twin got her name, but maybe that's too on-the-nose i'm fine with any color.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-12-2023, 12:51 PM

Sure, I'm fine with that! I can't think of too much else we might need before hand. The best RPs always leave SOME stuff up to the story to move along at its own pace.

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 01-12-2023, 07:47 PM

definitely, i agree! i'll go set up the thread then. do you have any ideas for the name of the RP, or should i make something up?

---------- Post added 01-12-2023 at 03:47 PM ----------

oh, and do you want an OOC thread?

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-12-2023, 10:56 PM

My Brain, due to lack of sleep, is failing to think of anything clever so you can go ahead and make it up

As for OOC. We should probably have one just in case yes