ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 01-25-2023, 09:23 PM

thank you!! i'm really happy with how it came out :D

i know, i'm holding out for a miracle too, some act of God. i mean listen, i am happy just to be able to make avis, it's just important to talk about the issues we have with the site, because i think it will take all of us working together to really bring Mene back.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-25-2023, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostPastry View Post
that's exactly what i just said though, Cora... i never said the staff didn't do everything they could, I said it's an old site and it needs more love than anyone is able to give with their busy lives. and if everyone is so busy, it would be nice if someone could find a way for the art assets to be used without being bogged down by a clunky, unusable website

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roachi View Post
@Cora - Ohh i think it's all water under the bridge now. Just thinking about how angry you got over something so insignificant when you think of it now... So silly lol. I am sure everyone was just trying to find their feet & wade through it all as best they could. Now i look back and laugh at some of the comments i made, and how mad i got at this person and that person. I have mostly fond memories of this place though. Hence why i am still here clinging to its threads lol.
Its real sad about the site. And i am still sad about how it ended. But oh well what can we do about it now right? At least it's still here i guess he could have killed it completely.
I'm just going to answer you both at the same time. It will be the same answer to both of you anyways

I know, I was mostly just trying to give you a perspective from the other side as well. Because a lot of times you guys don't actually know what we are thinking and going through. Now that the site is seeing a bit of life after all these years, and those are the users that actually truly do love this place I think transparency from our end is important. I can not speak about staff personal lives but I can at least offer some staff perspective on how things went down here.

As far as infractions go, even back when this place was kicking I thought our rules were too strict sometimes. But I do at least understand that they came from a place of wanting to keep order and friendliness. Best intentions for sure.

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 01-25-2023, 10:11 PM

Cora - Absolutely. Now that i am older and wiser (and a mum lol) i can totally understand that. Back then though. I only saw through my own tinted glasses Lmao. Thanks for all your guys hard work. <33

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-25-2023, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roachi View Post
Cora - Absolutely. Now that i am older and wiser (and a mum lol) i can totally understand that. Back then though. I only saw through my own tinted glasses Lmao. Thanks for all your guys hard work. <33
Truth yo, we were all bratty kids when we first found this place. Now we all be cranky old ladies. Not much change really

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 01-26-2023, 12:49 AM

thank you, it's good to have the perspective, Cora! i agree, the staff here have always had the best intentions. and i know i personally benefited from the limitations on mature subjects as a young teen even if it feels restricting now as an adult; the rules for 14+ sites are just different. and the forums always felt very organized and well-maintained, i mean i complain about my thread necro violations, but i understand now why you wouldn't want a thousand old trade threads bumped to the top of the forum. it's just that now with some more experience having been a mod myself at other places, i see how the rules could be implemented in a more efficient, stress-free way.

i'm here with you both being cranky i need some coffee

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 01-26-2023, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephila View Post
Here too. It's supposed to hit minus 30s this week with windchill. My butt walks places and will be very cold. Not looking forward to it, but I should be ok if I dress right for it. Full head and face covering is in effect. lol.

~

So like a doll maker app?

We have so much that adding it to something like that will probably take to long for people. We have a lot of items.
If you have any exposed skin put petroleum jelly on it. It will help prevent chapping.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-27-2023, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirin Rosenbaum View Post
If you have any exposed skin put petroleum jelly on it. It will help prevent chapping.
I have a pretty good moisturizer I've been using.