Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 05-03-2013, 04:13 AM

Have you needed just a little help with a Work Cited/ Bibliography?
We all have, honestly, they're little nightmares.

This thread is meant to serve as an aid where you can post your question so that people can offer the advice you seek.

HTML Code:
[B]Type of Material:[/B]
[B]Author/s (if known):[/B]
[B]Citation Format/Style:[/B]
Repliers- please make sure to post both use the in-text and work cited/bibliographic formats... for those systems that use both.

** This page will be edited with more information in the coming hours.

Last edited by Mythos; 05-03-2013 at 06:20 AM..

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 05-06-2013, 07:17 PM

As someone who has been in this position many times and does not care to carry the latest (slightly updated) edition of X style manual about (be it MLA, APA, what have you), I offer the following helpful little shortcut of a site. Just choose your style, click the type of publication/reference that you're looking to cite, input the information asked for, and click the make a citation button. Voila, problem solved.

Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 05-06-2013, 07:19 PM

Ohh, that's much nicer than Easybib.com which is what I've been using.
It is rather handy because there are several works which are in the easybib database so you don't always have to spend the time to enter all of the information-- but that doesn't mean you ought to trust it. I've cited something under 100 articles using it this year and have caught two instances where the editors and authors were flipped. D:

Thanks, Seridano!! Very helpful :3

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 05-06-2013, 07:24 PM

I used to use Easybib until a professor friend turned me onto Son of Citation Machine. It has a nice ISBN look up (though I believe their database is slightly smaller than Easybib's), and tends to inadvertently walk you though how to cite things.