NekoLen
Tachigami's Personal Slave

Penpal

Old 08-09-2013, 12:56 AM

Not many like him could say they have seen the ocean. The giant body of water that leapt at the shore, soaking the dark sand and dragging anything it could grab back with it. The seagulls cawed loudly as they whirled in the sky like vultures, searching for scraps of anything they could eat. He watched them fly with large green eyes, imagining what it would be like to catch one.

The sky was blue and cloudless, meeting the horizon and turning into the dark blue water, shimmering in the sunlight. He had heard that many creatures live in the depths of the ocean, from various fish to giant whales and octopi... Creatures he could only dream about in his sleep.

He watched the waves from the sand dunes, occasionally rubbing against the tufts of scratchy grass that grew there. There were small insects everywhere up here and tiny birds that chirped as they ran across the sand. He wasn't interested in catching any of those. He stood and stretched his limbs, yawning widely as he slowly climbed down the small bank and stepped onto the loose sand.

His feet sunk a little way in, causing him to freeze and stare down at the grey material. It was not like his sandbox at home and it made him excited, if a bit nervous. He ran across the loose sand, finding a piece of wood to stand on. He shook the sand off his feet, cleaning them before exploring the piece of wood he stood on. It was part of a dead tree, that smelt as though it had been in the ocean for a long time before it ended on the shore once again.

He jumped down from this log, running towards the harder sand and sniffing along the shoreline, finding all sorts of empty shells and strange hard creatures with pincers and bad attitudes. He avoided the water, not wanting to get wet and salty like some of the stupid dogs he had watched all day.

Soon it was getting dark, the ocean roared louder and he grew scared. Perhaps it was time to go home before the water dragged him into its cold depths. He ran back the way he came, jumping at any noises he heard in the sand. Before long he was scampering up the sand dunes and towards his home. He had just moved here a few days ago, being bundled into a box and let out to explore the new surroundings after a day of being trapped in the bathroom.

He came to the door and cleaned himself again, spitting out the gravelly sand that was stuck on his tongue and fur. He heard his owner come to the door and open it, smiling down at him as he stood and raised his tail.

"Mum, I went to the beach. You should have seen all the things I did! I might go there again tomorrow," he meowed happily, rubbing against her legs and into the house to a chair to sleep on.

"Oh? What a brave kitty. Not many get to explore the beach like you have."

MercyGrim96
It's tea time!

Old 01-04-2014, 07:22 PM

That was really good, you have a very nice style, and I liked how it was about a kitty, it was very cute. I loved your descriptions of the beach, they were very vivid and vast. Over all, very top job! Write on.~M