Jaz
Death warmed over

Old 09-03-2015, 02:08 PM

We so rarely eat out I am like that too. After going to get a few things that were missing from the store we stepped out and they were making fresh fries and burgers at McDonald's its why I wont go to walmart often I am always too tempted to spend that extra and get trash food. And we generally don't have extra to spare.

We had to start using our credit cards again to buy anything needed for the house from soap to repair stuff Dillon's income just isnt cutting it. So that is getting worse because now we have high credit card payments we didnt have before.

TheEmpressofEvil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 09-03-2015, 09:03 PM

I feel like we don't have a choice in going out sometimes. I just can't cook for or with Shaun, unless it's unhealthy. He won't eat it otherwise. So after a year of trying, I basically gave up. He just wouldn't eat or he'd poke at it and pick things out. I get it, he doesn't like some things, but some days it was just too much to deal with along with getting home so late. So for a while there we were trying fast food and eating out in general. It worked for a while. It was torture, but for a while there I withstood the urge to eat the burgers and such and was sticking with the salads (with ranch because italian is just too much torture for me). So subway works. Plue we have a continuous use coupon book we bought from my brother's marching band fundraiser. So it's buy one six inch sub with a drink and get one six inch sub free.Still not the cheapest, but it helps. At least he likes it. If he didn't I think I'd be at my wits end.

Credit cards are evil. I hate shaun's. It has an outrageous percentage. We don't really use his anymore. It took us 3 years to pay his off. Long story but his mom had maxed it out without him knowing so not only was it maxed but he wasn't paying enough attention to it so it jumped to the highest interest rate. It sucked to deal with

Mine, we really only use for points. I'm luckily able to pay the balance off each month. Which I love, but I know is going to kill my credit score. I'm considering being a little more risky with the credit card and putting another large purchase on it. But we'll see. I'm not even sure what it would be. The washer and dryer are on their last legs, but I really don't want to go another year without a fully done backyard. If we wait much longer it will rain and all that effort we put into de-weeding will have been for nothing. I know clean and dry clothes should be priority. I'm just pouty. I don't want to!

Anywho, if there's something essential you need... please do ask.

Jaz
Death warmed over

Old 09-05-2015, 03:03 AM

Essentials wise, we are good now for the moment. It just seems like whenever something needs replacing like diapers will be coming something strange hits, like this week we had my credit card bill (well the big one) show and the interest overdrafted it making its minimum payment more then half the cost of our mortgage!!! We still owe $100 on it before the 10th its so frustrating.

I am a junk food junky I can't handle myself. And sugars are my worst enemy, I actually get withdrawals it is terrible. But it isn't helped by the fact that I don't get junk often.... I get cravings and instead of satisfying it with a burger or fry I will have to wait weeks or even months and then I buy so much I make myself sick with it. Sugar I have a better steady stream but it still isn't good

TheEmpressofEvil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 09-07-2015, 01:27 AM

Credit cards suck :( I was not sorry to see Shaun's disappear. He'll be applying for a new one soonish I think. The stupid part to credit is you have to use it in order to get the good score that you have to have to buy EVERYTHING big. For now, we haven't been putting anything at all on his card and it has dropped a few points since it's been about 6 months or that. So we need to find him a better card that he'll actually use.

We looked into a joint savings account (right now we each have individual savings accounts) but it's such BS. They want so much in at any given moment and all I'm thinking is.. If I had 15 grand I could never touch, my plan would not be to let it sit in a bank earning only .01% I feel like we might be better off with the set-ups we've been grandfathered into. But at the same time, we haven't really looked into other things too much yet. And some things, I feel like, some types of savings accounts are scams. Like some college type accounts with provisions attached.. and I'm just thinking.. hey.. at some point.. that was OUR money. If our future children need it for something that isn't school, that should be up to us or them... Too much research to do. My brain does not want to do it. Our savings is going to be in a mattress or something. problem solved. >.<

Today the diet was killed because we went to the county fair. I so ate everything I shouldn't have. But I'm entitled to one day, and I think thinking of it that way helps some. Because normally by now I'm kicking myself and giving up because I broke it. But I don't feel that way atm. I feel like, I earned my one day (scale says I lost 10lbs but I'm down 2 dress sizes) and tomorrow I'll be back at the harder stuff. Plus it helps knowing it wasn't junk food perse.. just unhealthy.. like baked potato (I've MISSED potato) with chili, cheese, and sour cream. Or corn (I've missed that too) that's just been bbq'd. Again.. that's what I meant by saying my default is unhealthy. It's scary. It makes me feel like I'll just never be able to be that healthy person. Because this healthier lifestyle never becomes second nature. I doubt I'll ever go to the LA County fair and choose veggies over something like an onion blossom. It's just not me. Not my nature. But we'll see.