Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Melody Send a message via MSN to Melody

Old 12-01-2007, 02:15 PM

his message is all in binary though! D: I don't know Binary!

siaasgn
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 12-01-2007, 03:55 PM

I guess we better start learning binary if he wants to keep typing in it :lol:

Happy December everyone!

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 12-01-2007, 04:13 PM

happy December to you as well Sia!

only 25 more days until Christmas! omg!
I think I should go out shopping today, need to make an appointment to get the kids pictures taken, and buy some advent calendars for the kids. oh, and a christmas tree. I got scolded by Scotts grandma for not having one already over the phone. Apparently the kids need to know that Christmas is coming and the ONLY way for that to happen is to have a tree up. my bad >.> lol. So whenever Scott gets back from work we'll all head out for a long day of busy-ness.

siaasgn
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 12-01-2007, 04:20 PM

Sounds like fun - we're going to a basketball game today at 4:30 - I think Chris wants to sit down and go over finances and set up a budget for us before then :evil: but I guess it has to be done.

I think I found a fake tree I want - and there were some nice real wreaths that smell really good - so I can pick up both and still have the lovely real tree smell.

I don't like to put up a tree before December starts, but once December is here it's tree time :)

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 12-01-2007, 04:50 PM

We've already set up our budget <3 it is something that does need to get done. On the plus side all the money the government owes us we should be getting soon (3.3k for his plane tickets to A school+ an unknown amount for moving out here+ another 600 for the uhaul rental, and that should alleviate more then all of our financial strain THANK GOD.)

yay for finding a good fake tree! Costco had some really pretty wreathes that smelled sooo good. I almost bought one then I looked at the price almost $50 I think. O: too much! and so we are weatheless still, and will be getting our tree soon. Was planning on next weekend, but maybe today. I really want a tree!

siaasgn
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 12-01-2007, 07:28 PM

Really? That much? - I was at Costco and saw one that was $15 (or somewhere around there). It was a mixed wreath and had a nice scent to it - I'm probably going to go back and get it during the week.

I know we have to set up a budget - but that doesn't make me want to do it :lol:

Hope you get that check soon - it's amazing how long they make people wait for their money - hurry up and wait seems to be the military motto.

Snowberry
Annihilator of Cookies

Old 12-01-2007, 07:33 PM

Hi si! I thought of something to say then realized how hungry I am..going to run and get food. Brb

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 12-01-2007, 08:54 PM

flippin military. it annoys me so much sometimes. That money would get us out of debt. Which would be really nice. And allow us to have the festive Christmas that we want to have! [/fail] I would love to get scott something awesome for christmas but money doesn't permit it and so right now he is getting...pants. :P haha. poor guy.

perhaps I should look around at costco more? it was over with their trees and just really pricey, i didn't check by their christmas decorations. If I had gone over there I would have wanted to buy stuff.

siaasgn
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 12-02-2007, 05:07 PM

The one I saw was inside the store and there were bins of different wreaths at the end of each aisle where the home stuff is (like the dishes, appliances and stuff like that).

So it snowed last night - not much, just a thin coat on the roofs and grass - but it's our first snow of the season!

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 12-02-2007, 10:11 PM

we haven't had snow yet. But every morning I expect it because it's soooo cold! D:

was it pretty at least? ^o^

I think this weekend I am going to be going christmas tree shopping since I never even got around to going shopping yesterday. -_- blah. Scott left me with no groceries in the house and no car to go out and get them. </3 butt head.

siaasgn
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 12-02-2007, 11:23 PM

No groceries in the house always sucks - the snow did look pretty- I never even got dressed today . . I lvoe spending Sunday's in my pajamas!

I found a decent looking tree online and bought it - hopefully it'll look good when it comes in. I buy stuff online all the time - but I'm really nervous about the tree, a crappy Christmas tree would suck.

Good luck tree shopping!

Snowberry
Annihilator of Cookies

Old 12-02-2007, 11:26 PM

Wow! I'm kind of leery about buying online.Hope the tree looks great!
D: Hopefully he'll come back soon so you can buy groceries!

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 12-03-2007, 12:08 AM

he came home for dinner <3 I surprised him with the lasagna and he was happy. But it started raining when I took him back to base, and I really didn't want to be out in the rain with 3 kids and juggling groceries. I had enough food for today, so I should be good. Cereal for breakfast tomorrow and not sure what to do for lunch yet but meh I'm creative I'll think of something :P

I hope your tree looks good. >.< If it doesn't complain to the guy you bought it from saying that he didn't sell you what you thought he did and you want some money back or something :P

siaasgn
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 12-03-2007, 01:30 AM

Oh - I definitely will - the tree is supposed to look like this so I'll keep my fingers crossed it does:

I got it on this website called TreeTopia. They have a lot of crazy trees as well as normal ones - like 6 foot tall pink tinsel trees!

Just finished dinner - cooked pasta and then some onions, zucchini, and garlic to throw over it - it was pretty good, and now the zucchini won't rot in my fridge like I was worried it was going to :lol:

roocee
(。・ω・&...
Send a message via AIM to roocee Send a message via MSN to roocee Send a message via Yahoo to roocee

Old 12-03-2007, 02:23 AM

I couldn't have a pick tree. That's just not right.

Si that dish sounds really good and healthy too. I need to start looking into more healthy foods. I just wish that everything wasn't so damn expensive.

duckyprincess
Princess.
Send a message via AIM to duckyprincess

Old 12-03-2007, 02:47 AM

ugh, I hate the price of fruits nad veggies! premade stuff is cheaper. and that is pathetic. If america wants people to stop being overweight they need to invest into the farms more and get the price of produce and other healthy things to drop BELOW that of the junk food. [/rant]

I actually think that pink tree is really pretty. I wouldn't buy it this year I would put it up in the loft area and then it would look all pretty and girly in with all of scotts random pirate stuff. lol.

roocee
(。・ω・&...
Send a message via AIM to roocee Send a message via MSN to roocee Send a message via Yahoo to roocee

Old 12-03-2007, 03:02 AM

LOL Mel, I knew you would love that tree. I would be pretty with white lights and white garland.

I agree that people need to invest more in farms and such. It's just so easy to get premade, too easy.

Snowberry
Annihilator of Cookies

Old 12-03-2007, 03:04 AM

I was in the market and fresh veggies/fruits..are so expensive. @.@ I think the weather impacts farmers a little too. I think I'm going to stick with frozen veggies. Same thing..just frozen. xp

Oh that's pretty. But you don't get to actually go out and manually pick your tree for yourself. o3o Pink is definitely different and pretty. A little girl's first xmas would be really pretty with that tree. :3

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 12-03-2007, 03:08 AM

we should learn to control the weather. >.> kidding!

don't veggies etc lose some nutrients when they are frozen? I swear I remember some random science teacher telling me that. Though, with the science teachers I have had...it wouldn't be too far off if what they said was a lie XD
I still buy fresh veggies I love them too much. I like to be able to steam them and cook with them with out the broccoli heads coming apart and stuff. </3
and carrots taste weird canned/frozen </3

roocee
(。・ω・&...

Old 12-03-2007, 03:09 AM

Oh that would be cute, especially if it was twins. A pink and blue tree.

I don't mind some frozen veggies. I don't care for green beans frozen, they taste funny to me.

Snowberry
Annihilator of Cookies

Old 12-03-2007, 03:11 AM

I imagine some nutrients might be lost with the freezing process.
I don't like frozen spinach...it loses something. yecch.

roocee
(。・ω・&...

Old 12-03-2007, 03:17 AM

That's true it does and I'm not crazy about spinach to begin with.

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 12-03-2007, 03:26 AM

I got these spinach popper thingers from Costco that were pretty good. Kinda like friend spinach but not I dunno.
Canned green beans and corn I like anything else I would rather have it fresh >.<

Snowberry
Annihilator of Cookies

Old 12-03-2007, 03:34 AM

I love spinach. I love veggies. I just don't love their prices. Tomatoes are beyond ridiculous..$$$..D:

roocee
(。・ω・&...

Old 12-03-2007, 03:41 AM

I do like baby spinach. For salads it's wonderful.