ljosberinn
This is an obnoxious and offensi...

Old 07-14-2010, 04:57 PM

Who said anything about bullying?? D< *kicks*

*flails*

*falls over*

Some woman backed her car into mine today and dented it. And yesterday I bumped into the car in front of me and dented that one a little. Karma? I got a much bigger dent though! :c

Edit: Pearl! How are you? And I never play the games. I just don't buy much either I guess, so it's been growing for a good while..

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-14-2010, 04:59 PM

lol this is the most money I've ever had. DX Some VERY generous tippers came by my art shop. And got a couple pretty generous donations out of nowhere. Other than that, I'm done messing with my avatar and buying pretties for now.

Goblin Maiden
SUPAH KITTEH HAPPEH POWAH.

Old 07-14-2010, 05:00 PM

Actually, most of my gold is prize money for the Street Circus Game. When it's over and given out, I'll be down to around 6,000g.

I play games and RP, mostly. 8D

Pearl
Toruk Makto

Old 07-14-2010, 05:08 PM

@ Ljos - I am good, I'm enjoying the summer hols. Just got back from visiting a friend in Scotland, and coming up I have a family holiday in America and a friends holiday in Turkey. Tomorrow night there's a comedy thing in my town, a comedian from the Inbetweeners is performing, which is pretty exciting. How're yooou?

@ Mai - I wish I could hack role-playing, it seems like a gold-mine, but I don't enjoy it.

ljosberinn

Old 07-14-2010, 05:12 PM

Sounds fantastic! I went to Turkey during easter, and I loved it, though people stared way too much at me and my friend.. they people are very conservative. Are you going to Istanbul or somewhere else? And whereabouts in America are you going? I'm jealous! I'm going to Barcelona in a couple of weeks with my family though, which should be good. Otherwise I'm just back in Iceland for the summer, not having a proper job (though doing a short babysitting thing now which is over on Friday) and just having fun with the circus here, going to their practices and juggling things. : D

I wish I could have fun at the role-playing thing too.. I tried it a few times since it is a gold mine and because I like table-top roleplaying, but I can never get into the forum ones.

Pearl
Toruk Makto

Old 07-14-2010, 05:18 PM

@ Ljos - ah, we're not near Istanbul, we'll be in the south where the beaches are. A tourist town which looks very picturesque.

We're going to Hawaii and San Francisco, and we're spending one night in Vegas before heading out to a ranch where we'll do white-water rafting and see the Grand Canyon. It's gonna be AWESOME.

Oh wow, Barcelona - I've always wanted to visit Spain.

ljosberinn

Old 07-14-2010, 05:23 PM

Ah, alright. Istanbul is amazingly beautiful though, well worth visiting if you ever get the chance. We wanted to visit more of the country, but we were on a tight budget and my foot was still in a brace, so we just stayed there before going over to Greece.

Jealous! Ahh seriously, that sounds amazing. >.< One day, I want to just buy a one-way ticket to the States and spend weeks travelling all over the place. And yeah, I've never been to Spain so I'm pretty excited. Barcelona looks beautiful. :)

Pearl
Toruk Makto

Old 07-14-2010, 05:26 PM

Why were you in a foot brace?

Our Turkey holiday is all-inclusive we can't really alter our plans now. I'll go back one day.

I'm going to be studying in the states from 2011-12, I hope to do some travelling then, maybe in the summer.

ljosberinn

Old 07-14-2010, 05:35 PM

Broke my ankle. It was one of those plastic boots you get to help you learn to walk again, I'd taken it off by the time we reached Athens and was only limping a bit, but I had to wear it for most of our time in Istanbul. And for all our travelling. e____e
That's cool, what are you going to be studying? And where?

Pearl
Toruk Makto

Old 07-14-2010, 05:43 PM

That sucks D;
I was concerned about failing one of my 1st year exams because the resists are during my American holiday, which would have sucked... incredibly. But t'was fine, I got my results a week ago.

Well, it's as part of my degree here, American and English Literature. My studying there doesn't count directly towards my degree, I just have to pass - and research for my 4th year dissertation. So I think I could take a variety of classes.

As for the location, I honestly have no idea. Each institution has a couple of exchange places, and the people with the best 1st year grades get first pick. I have a 2:1 (but a low one) so I think it'll be 'lucky dip' for me. I find out next term.

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 07-14-2010, 06:38 PM

I can't do that, if honestly, no such place nearby, where I wouldn't be disturbed nearby. XD

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-15-2010, 12:07 AM

Man....I can't believe how casual traveling is outside of the states. All my trips out of the country have been by pure luck. I would have never gotten to go to Europe even once if my grandfather hadn't interfered with my dad's "Well it's nice to want things" plot. T_T

...I haven't even been to Hawaii or San Francisco...

ljosberinn

Old 07-15-2010, 06:58 PM

Pearl: Well, congrats! Sounds like a fantastic opportunity, hope you get to go somewhere nice. :)

sadrain: Isn't there a public park or something you can go to? You don't have a garden?

Starr: Well, the States are quite large though, so travelling within them is not much different from travelling within Europe. Apart from a couple of hours spent on the Asian side of Istanbul, I've never been out of Europe. I'm hoping to go to Egypt next year though, and maybe India or something next summer! That would be sweeeeeet.

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-15-2010, 07:02 PM

lol A lot of people here never even see beyond their state lines. T_T Besides, traveling across the U.S. isn't quite as exciting. Getting to see Europe is a big deal..

ljosberinn

Old 07-15-2010, 07:09 PM

For you it is. For me, travelling the States is a big deal. P: But yeah, I've noticed that a lot of people in the States don't travel much. I wonder why that is.. the States seem very diverse and you have amazing nature that is well worth travelling across states for.

Ooh, and I just found out I do not have a work meeting tonight.. which means I can go to circus practice! :boogie:

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-15-2010, 07:24 PM

People in the states tend to be...well...=/ A bit more shut in and hurried. People don't travel because the world is too big for them, they don't have the money (Europe is reallyyy expensive, aside from just getting the plane tickets to get over there DX ), or they're too absorbed in their work.

And, ya...the States are big..but..hmm...I guess under appreciated? Everything we have is entirely overlooked in favor of the big corporations and chain restaurants. My mom was telling me that when she went to Scotland, people were coming out of a local Cafe complaining because it didn't taste like Starbucks (which, really....tastes like total crap).

I know traveling Europe when you live in Europe isn't such a huge deal, but there's still a huge difference between traveling Europe and traveling the States. There's a lot of culture and history in Europe that we just don't have.

But...I do recommend visiting, because I think visitors get an entirely different idea. If you have the opportunity, I definitely recommend visiting DC (NOT during holiday season--you'd have to be batshit insane to want to go into the city during holidays; it's extremely busy and the tourist population is ridiculous, and anyone that isn't a tourist is likely making fun of the tourists) -- The Smithsonians are great and the Spy Museum can be really fun when the kids aren't breaking all the interactive exhibits. Yellowstone is absolutely beautiful and visiting San Antonio's Riverwalk on Cinco de Mayo can be really fun--they have parades and such.

So..it's not like there's NOTHING here. It's just...very overlooked by the people here. And the kids are nastier every year, so I'm really not liking where we're going. =/