HeartMoogle
Bumbling Gay
Send a message via MSN to HeartMoogle Send a message via Yahoo to HeartMoogle

Old 05-07-2020, 03:38 PM

Yeah, I hope you're doing all right, as well. And everyone is. <3 Corona is some scary shit. And it kills indiscriminately.

I'm sending my love to everybody. <3 <3

And yeah, I wish I knew how to save this site. Short of kickstarting a new avatar community as a successor to Menewsha, I don't really know. I don't have many relevant skills, but I could write lore or even maybe technical writing shit like About pages and Disclaimers etc.

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 05-07-2020, 04:08 PM

Yeah, thankfully I live in a not super-densely populated area, so I'm pretty good. Here, we aren't getting super specific and counting cases by city, but by county. And the county I live in only has 16 confirmed cases. And no new ones since Monday. So I'm not really in too much danger.
It helps that the state started taking the same measures as most other states around the same time so between business being closed, masks being worn, and general quarantine going on in addition to the lower population density, we have the second lowest case count in the U.S. (of the 50 states)
I'm still cautious, but am not panicking about any of it.

A kickstarter would be a good start, but the hardest part of it would be finding staff who will work as volunteers, because sites like these really aren't very profitable. If you get a good userbase, you may be able to pay your server fees with donations, but probably not much beyond that. And that includes finding programmers/coders who can handle all the fun and annoying code writing for the site and artists to do NPCs and other site art. And (I assume) pixel-type artists who can handle making bases, items, and do recolors. And writers for site lore and npc interactions as well as mods and admins to monitor the forums and deal with spam-bots and people breaking rules.

It's a lot to do and a lot of people who need to have the necessary skills and to also be passionate about a project to basically work for free or for very little pay on it. And that wouldn't be easy.

HeartMoogle
Bumbling Gay

Old 05-08-2020, 12:18 AM

Yeah you're right. That's why I was thinking maybe do a kickstarter, but you're right. It's probably just wishful thinking to imagine that we could get enough funding to really pull that off. It would more likely all be volunteer work. I wonder if even that is possible. I don't know the answer.

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 05-08-2020, 03:02 AM

Kickstarter would definitely be a good way to raise awareness and to get some money at least. And there's a small chance that it could end up getting volunteers to help.

HeartMoogle
Bumbling Gay

Old 05-08-2020, 03:33 PM

Yeah that's true. Even if the Kickstarter didn't successfully get a bunch of money, it could if nothing else be good advertising for the eventual thing! At this point, even Mene itself would need a bunch of advertising to be revitalized, even if Inso and everyone and the admins returned and fixed everything.

kelseydee
(^._.^)ノ

Old 05-12-2020, 06:47 PM

Hello.. I'm a guy by reason of outdoor plumbing. But I identity with women. Its hormonal. Too much of one or not enough of another. I was offered me gender reassignment, but at this late date I passed.
Nice to me u all.

---------- Post added 05-12-2020 at 02:57 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartMoogle View Post
Hey uhhhhh so it's been six years, I don't even know if Menewsha is like populated anymore, and I don't know what called me back to it. But hello to anyone out there. <3
Hello

HeartMoogle
Bumbling Gay

Old 05-12-2020, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelseydee View Post
Hello.. I'm a guy by reason of outdoor plumbing. But I identity with women. Its hormonal. Too much of one or not enough of another. I was offered me gender reassignment, but at this late date I passed.
Nice to me u all.
Hi there! It's nice to meet you as well. Also, I'm a trans woman, so you're in good company!

I'm not going to force any identities on you, but I will say that if you identify as a woman, your outdoor plumbing doesn't invalidate you from being a woman. I've got outdoor plumbing too, but I'm def not a guy. :)

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 05-14-2020, 10:20 PM

There tends to be some debate over whether I qualify as part of the lgbtqia+ umbrella. (As a cis female who is asexual and aromantic.)
As such, I think in my own head, I feel like I fall into some unique group that is not really part of the lgtbq+ community but isn't part of the straight society either because I don't necessarily fit in with either one.

HeartMoogle
Bumbling Gay

Old 05-15-2020, 06:45 PM

I can understand that. I've long listened to the debate of whether or not ace people should be held under the LGBTQ+ umbrella. I sort of keep my nose out of the debate and follow what Ace people want. If you don't consider yourself part of the community, that's valid! I can certainly understand why you'd feel outside of it. I think ace people are maybe their own community for the reasons you've stated. However, I do think however that, whatever the merit of any of the points may be, that it is antithetical to my personal philosophy of inclusivity to outright reject ace people from the community if they wish to be included.

I do understand the arguments though. Especially that ace people do not face the same levels of oppression that the LGBTQ community does. However, yall certainly still get at least SOME bullshit, sooooo Idk. I just want people to feel safe in my presence. <3

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 05-15-2020, 11:22 PM

I feel like the whole oppression thing has kind of become a pissing contest. Being allowed in a supposedly inclusive group shouldn't matter who is more oppressed or who has been oppressed "worse". (Which isn't a statement intended to downplay the oppression that some face.) Oppression can come in many forms. It can take the form of people constantly saying "oh, you'll meet the one" or in my case, my family CONSTANTLY asking about my nonexistent love life at every family gathering even though I've tried to make it abundantly clear that that's not what I want. It can be bullying, erasure, conversion therapy. It can be being treated like you have a mental illness because "everyone wants sex/romance".

Sorry, I'm kinda ranty because the "oppression olympics" mentality that some people have really frustrates me.
I'll see myself out.

XP

(Also, just an additional clarifying, I'm not saying that the oppression of others in the lgbt community isn't valid or isn't as important or anything. I feel like my post may have come across that way and I don't mean it to. Many people have experienced horrible things for being how they are. Just saying that for a group that always seems to always make such a big deal about how inclusive they are to everyone including heterosexual cis allies, it's pretty hypocritical to exclude aces and aros because they "aren't oppressed enough.")

Last edited by Kaderin Triste; 05-16-2020 at 02:25 AM..

HeartMoogle
Bumbling Gay

Old 05-16-2020, 04:56 PM

Kaderin Triste: No I totally understand and agree. Like I said, aces/aros do get at least some bullshit, so that's valid to me. I fully agree ace people and aro people do get harassed and oppressed. It's all valid and you're valid. I'm not big on oppression olympics at all, but I fully understand what you mean about people getting weirdly into it.

Also, cis hetero allies are the least of my worries. I of course appreciate them, but I don't make spaces for them. I'm more worried about maintaining inclusivity for people who ACTUALLY catch bullshit.

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 05-16-2020, 07:23 PM

I went and watched some of my favorite videos and had a nice long snuggle with my dragon baby and am over the gatekeeping rant.

kelseydee
(^._.^)ノ

Old 05-21-2020, 08:51 PM

Last night I dreamed about the batman characters. I part kept changing, but mostly I was a counterfeit harley Quinn , bait for joker.
Being female in my dreams isn't uncommon. Was more common when I was young. See, from puberty till about 40 I was often mistaken for a woman. But. Whatever.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-30-2020, 03:21 AM

*leaves lurves*

kelseydee
(^._.^)ノ

Old 06-04-2020, 03:33 AM

Dropping in to say hello