treint
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-22-2013, 03:49 AM

I'm on spring break, and in-between coding my personal projects and reading manga, I'd like to improve my art skills.

Just state your request, along with a suggested pose* (required). Couple/group suggestions are welcome. The more interesting/emotive the suggested pose is, the better! I need practice challenging myself, though I can't guarantee how well it'll turn out.

Note that if your request is a Mene avatar, I have absolutely no experience nor familiarity with the items around here so they might turn out... wonky if I happen to misinterpret what something is. Apologies in advance.

this is my deviantart, but you'll probably get something sketchy/noncolored/highly experimental.

Only open for a day or two before my break ends, so get your requests in!

*suggested poses are only used for inspiration and may or may not be actually used in your final product.

Last edited by treint; 03-26-2013 at 12:01 AM..

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 03-22-2013, 04:12 AM

*drops into the thread*

Hello \o Congrats on Spring Break. (Mines doesn't start until next week)

I would love if you could do something with my OCs, Seika and Ita.

This is a couple more references for Seika . Her bottom isn't quite set in stone yet so this sketch is actually kinda revealing for her. So if you get that far, pants or maybe another shorter skirt. \o/

As for a pose, well Seika's a bit of a tsundere (always in denial about her feelings) so maybe something like this http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/fampa...5_original.jpg (Though if you could position that we could see Seika's face (like a shocking or blushing kinda expression) or something like the middle pose http://i53.tinypic.com/v4vs5f.jpg

These are great too. http://favim.com/orig/201106/03/boy-....com-65814.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-94TNkTIF3b...ess.185895.jpg

Haha sorry. I don't see the offer for couples often and I like giving people the choice to choose. So yeah. *0* If you have any questions ask away. Enjoy your spring break!

treint
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-22-2013, 04:18 AM

* u * My first request~

Thank you. Actually, my spring break started almost a week ago - I just got back from a trip to Texas, so I have a few days left before school starts up again on Monday.

Got any plans for your break?

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 03-22-2013, 04:21 AM

* u * <- Ooo this is a new emote. I like this!

Oooo you get a long break then! Lucky! Mines only lasts a week D: Did you enjoy your trip? :3

No real plans. There's stuff I have to on mene, applying to jobs, some art and crafts stuff and studying of course but other other then sleep and maybe hanging out with some friends, it's pretty much the same old same old. xD

treint
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-22-2013, 04:26 AM

Ahahah. XD I thought * u * was pretty common. Sometimes I like to insert random made-up emotes that don't mean anything to confuse people, like (o G o).

The trip was pretty great; we've never been to Texas before, so it was an interesting experience. It's so much hotter there than what I'm used to - it was a full 40 degrees hotter down in Texas than where I live.

Sounds like a pretty nice life. My parents have been pressuring me to get a job soon, but I have no clue where to apply to. @__@ I'm horrible at interacting with people, so working at a restaurant seems like a nightmare, ahah... ;; I wish I could volunteer at the library again, but my parents want me to get an actual paying job this summer so that's out the window.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 03-22-2013, 04:32 AM

I use *0* I lot as my starry eyed emote. xD Haha That's fun!

That's great you had a blast. Yikes, 40 degrees hotter? Oh my.

All things consider, it looks like it'll be pretty relaxing. <3 Which is good. Life is stressful as is. Ah. Perhaps clerical position? Aside from phone calls, interactions are pretty limited. Find a nice office to work in. Plus AC 8D or like stocking person at a store is good. Interaction is limited. *nods* Volunteering at the library! That's the best kind of job in my opinion.

treint
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-22-2013, 04:39 AM

Volunteering at the library was a fantastic experience. I was stationed at the rewards center for the library's reading program, so I got to hand out all the prizes to the little kiddos that walked up, heh. Cute little kids (most of them, anyway) ~

I've been finding myself with a ton more time on my hands now that an avatar site I used to sort-of frequent has closed. @__@ It's a pretty weird feeling. I never even knew I spent that much time on that site until it was gone. And here I was thinking that I wasn't actually active there!

Right, well I'm going to start sketching now so replies will be infrequent/nonexistent. :3

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 03-22-2013, 05:25 AM

Hello! Ahem, might I have my request here done? For poses, you can do as you like or follow one of the pictures there already. I'm honestly not picky at all so long as an artist would follow their personalities.

I hope you consider!

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 03-22-2013, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treint View Post
Volunteering at the library was a fantastic experience. I was stationed at the rewards center for the library's reading program, so I got to hand out all the prizes to the little kiddos that walked up, heh. Cute little kids (most of them, anyway) ~

I've been finding myself with a ton more time on my hands now that an avatar site I used to sort-of frequent has closed. @__@ It's a pretty weird feeling. I never even knew I spent that much time on that site until it was gone. And here I was thinking that I wasn't actually active there!

Right, well I'm going to start sketching now so replies will be infrequent/nonexistent. :3

That's so cute! I use to be in library club as a kid. It was so much fun.

Haha!! xD Well we're still here \o/ So you can spend more time with us!

No problem. \o/

treint
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-22-2013, 06:08 AM

Seito:

I want to spend more time with you guys, I swear. I just forget about this place too easily. </3

Tachigami: Considered, thank you. o 3o

Last edited by treint; 03-22-2013 at 06:12 AM..

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 03-22-2013, 06:21 AM

D'awww so cute!! 8D <333 Thank you so much! <333

Bookmark us 8D Or just leave the tab open xDD

treint
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-22-2013, 06:48 AM

You're very welcome. o uob

Alright, time to sleep. / x /;; Night!

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 03-22-2013, 07:02 AM

Good night! Sleep well! 8D

Greed
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-22-2013, 08:27 AM

Please consider drawing my current avi!

<3

treint
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-22-2013, 04:08 PM

Greed; pose suggestion needed.

fireprincess
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Mak...

Penpal

Old 03-22-2013, 09:25 PM

Oh my gosh!!!! I want some art so bad!!!!!

I need to get my request together and find a pose for them though

---------- Post added 03-22-2013 at 05:28 PM ----------

I just can't get over how adorable your art is!!!!!
I'm on my iPod right now so I can't get everything together at the moment

---------- Post added 03-22-2013 at 06:43 PM ----------

Ok, what about this?

Maria
(inspired by my looks, personality, life and characteristics)

Age 18
Hair ~ (long) Brown hair with natural highlights of blonde, red, black, and another shade of brown that you can see when the sun hits it
Green eyes
Caucasian skin
Body type ~ Curvy - D36 bra size, small waist
120 weight
Height 5'2
Tarus (ignore the "aries" sign in the picture)

descriptionX

Maria has had a hard life. She was abused by her biological father when she was younger and has had to watch her single mother struggle financially.
She is outgoing and positive in spite of everything she's been through. Her motto is why dwell on something you can't fix and feel sorry for yourself when you can strive to make your tomorrow better? She finds it easy to talk to those older than her but struggles when it comes to those her age or men she finds attractive, as she feels she is always being judged and looked down upon. She is insecure and self conscious about her looks because she feels she is plain compared to the teeny bopper girls she's surrounded by. In reality she is gorgeous and more real than any of the other girls.
She puts her heart on the line when it comes to love and has been hurt by more than one guy who she thought she could trust. She has spent her life trying to impress guys....now she's ready for a guy to impress her. She believes that looks aren't everything
Maria is polite, smart, mature, courageous, outgoing, funny, charming, loyal and faithful

Clothing: this jacket (dress thing) in a dark purple, black sheer tights, these furry boots in white, white headband

Preferably I'd like her to be in a winter setting with snow lightly falling and where you can see her breath like this picture Omi drew for Neller?

It doesn't need to be in the same pose or anything. I just think it's cool how you can see her breath.
Depending on the pose you draw maybe she could be drinking hot chocolate?

Pose: Maybe twirling in the snow or drinking hot chocolate?

Here are more pictures of the jacket
#1 #2 #3

Last edited by fireprincess; 03-22-2013 at 10:45 PM..

treint
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-23-2013, 01:52 AM

ooh I really like this request. I'm all for winter scenes. * o *

And thanks for the compliment, haha.

---------- Post added 03-22-2013 at 09:00 PM ----------

Clarification, though: is her hair straight, or slightly wavy/curly? What is her typical hairstyle? It's a little hard to tell from the reference pictures.

ON AN UNRELATED NOTE:

I can't stop laughing.

Last edited by treint; 03-23-2013 at 02:49 AM..

fireprincess

Penpal

Old 03-23-2013, 05:23 AM

Yay!!!

It's both actually. It just depends on how the artist wants to fix it because in RL I wear it both ways. I think that for the winter scene it would look better if it was slightly wavy/curly though

OMG at that video XD
The whole time I just thought "really!? Wow..."

treint
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-23-2013, 06:35 AM

Alright, just wanted to make sure~

The best part is the way he pronounces Hatsune Miku. XD I feel slightly sorry for him, he just looks so ridiculous.

fireprincess

Penpal

Old 03-23-2013, 12:12 PM

Haha! I know!! It's like he's not even sure what it really is, but his employees have talked him into presenting it XD

treint
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-25-2013, 02:29 AM

fireprincess: Sorry for the delay! And version without a background:

Aaand with that, we're done. Thanks, guys~

Last edited by treint; 03-25-2013 at 02:34 AM..

fireprincess

Penpal

Old 03-25-2013, 03:56 AM

OH MY GOSH!!!!! I absolutely LOVE it!!!!
That is so amazing and awesome! It's beautiful!!!
Thank you so so so much!

Aaaaahhh I just love it

treint
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-25-2013, 04:13 AM

Super glad to hear you like it! You're very welcome. <3

And with that, I will probably disappear from Mene for another extended unknown period of time. v u v

It was fun~~

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 03-25-2013, 04:16 AM

*ninjas quickly in* Treint should totally visit contest and giveaway forum first and enter a contest I'm hosting before disappearing.

Greed
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-25-2013, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treint View Post
Greed; pose suggestion needed.
Pose -- against a tree? And dang am I too late? :'( I've been on camp - oops!