dragoness129
Slytherin Pride! ^_^

Old 09-30-2008, 10:48 PM

Just thought this would be a good place to have a discussion about the new subforum. ^_^
Feel free to discuss more than what is on the spoon questions.

** You must put the spoons in quotes if you use them!**
Or you can just number your responses.

Spoons:
1- What kind of contests do you like most?
2- What types of contests do you enter?
3- Why do you enter contests? To try and win the prize? Or to just enjoy sharing your work with those who want it?
4- What are some pretty interesting contests that you have seen around the site?
5- What types of contests would you like to see more of?
6- When is too much? How often do you think a thread should have a contest?

Last edited by dragoness129; 10-22-2008 at 08:13 PM..

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 10-01-2008, 02:58 AM

No one (when I started this post, anyway) has responded yet, so I'll bite first. :)

Quote:
What kind of contests do you like most?
Clever ones, if possible. >_> Something that does something interesting. The rules should be well laid-out and clear. If the contest is complicated, a FAQ to explain some of the points is extremely useful.

Quote:
What types of contests do you enter?
Art/pixeling, writing, lottery/chance type games... Avatar contests...
I'm open to trying something more complicated... it just depends on me having the time to participate.

Quote:
Why do you enter contests? To try and win the prize? Or to just enjoy sharing your work with those who want it?
I would say generally I am selfish enough to want the prize. But it's not my only consideration - I've decided not to enter contests before because of confusing rules or feeling as if I might not enjoy participating. (Not to put too fine a point on it - but if it seemed rather clique-ish, I didn't want to enter/participate and feel ignored or resented.)

Quote:
What are some pretty interesting contests that you have seen around the site?
I looked into the "Mole" game someone had, and really wanted to participate, but hadn't the time. "Project Mene" is wonderful - I think any contest that challenges its contestants to do something creative and work within a set of guidelines and improve is interesting...

I like several of the Staff games, obviously. >_> Including the ones that we've discussed but not actually played yet. Can't spill those particular beans, though.

Quote:
What types of contests would you like to see more of?
I like long-running games that also require only a little time each week from the participants. (Meaning, games that have rounds that last for a period of time and allow the contestant to spend either a little or a lot of time working on before submitting their work.)

Creativity is a plus. :B

Quote:
When is too much? How often do you think a thread should have a contest?
Uhhm... that's up to the person hosting, really. As long as they keep people interested in participating, it's up to them to decide how often to run it and what the prizes are.

Majinkoz
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-01-2008, 03:10 AM

ooO I'm super excited for this sub thread. :)

Especially the staff/NPC contests...because they have epic prizes. XD

tentenpuff
(ο・㉨・&...
Send a message via AIM to tentenpuff Send a message via Yahoo to tentenpuff

Old 10-19-2008, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoness129 View Post
Just thought this would be a good place to have a discution about the new subforum. ^_^
Feel free to discuss more than what is on the spoon questions.

** You must put the spoons in quotes if you use them!**

Spoons:
1. What kind of contests do you like most?
2. What types of contests do you enter?
3. Why do you enter contests? To try and win the prize? Or to just enjoy sharing your work with those who want it?
4. What are some pretty interesting contests that you have seen around the site?
5. What types of contests would you like to see more of?
6. When is too much? How often do you think a thread should have a contest?
I numbered them, I hope you don't mind. XP;

1. Any, really. xD Something that everyone has an equal chance to, though. O:
But not so much based on chance? >>; -has bad luck-
2. Any that I have a chance of winning in. xD
With the exception of art contests, because they are just fun. :B
3. -squirms- Because... I'm greedy... xD;;; Some are just plain fun, though. I'll enter for that. :>
4. Well, there was this word game contest sort of thing. That was pretty fun. xD; It was like, 'guess the word,' basically. There was the first and last letter and the amount of blanks for the letters in between. Every time someone guessed a word with a letter in the write spot, it would be added in, until someone guessed the word.
5. Riddles? :D -likes them- xD
6. Well, I'm pretty intimidated by page numbers. ^^; If I don't start when the contest starts, I wouldn't really want to join in anymore. xP;
So probably not too long? I guess it depends on the contest, though. O:

dragoness129
Slytherin Pride! ^_^

Old 10-22-2008, 08:12 PM

@ Tenten - Numbering them is fine.
-goes to add that to the first post-

fairywaif
Flitting free Girl

Old 01-25-2009, 12:50 AM

Um, the only thing I can think of is writing contests. I liked the one writing contest for the winter event. I wish there was more of them...

cairnina
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-14-2009, 09:45 PM

Quote:
1- What kind of contests do you like most?
Hmm, I haven´t been in any contest eccept from the ones the staff have made here. I have some trubles with my english so it takes much to long for me to write and that make me shy.
Quote:
2- What types of contests do you enter?
Only the contest the staff have done.
Quote:
3- Why do you enter contests? To try and win the prize? Or to just enjoy sharing your work with those who want it?
Ofcause it´s because I love the prize, he he, but it also because I don´t think I interupt anyone in a conversetion as normaly. In real life I always talks to much ^.~
Quote:
4- What are some pretty interesting contests that you have seen around the site?
I realy loved the one with the riddles
Quote:
5- What types of contests would you like to see more of?
Hmm, I don´t now.
Quote:
6- When is too much? How often do you think a thread should have a contest?
I[I] have no idea. Think it most up to the people behind them.[/

KelemiNightingale
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to KelemiNightingale Send a message via MSN to KelemiNightingale Send a message via Yahoo to KelemiNightingale

Old 02-15-2009, 01:23 PM

How long is the event going on for?

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Melody Send a message via MSN to Melody

Old 02-15-2009, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelemiNightingale View Post
How long is the event going on for?
Check the event FAQ for all of your question and answer needs. :3 The event goes for approximately one week.

Bara_hi-mi
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Bara_hi-mi

Old 02-15-2009, 09:13 PM

Yeah pillow fight time!

moif
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-19-2009, 11:37 PM

-raises hand-

New here!

Pillow fight sounds fun though1